facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 4, 2011, 07:29 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
I don't know why but this is the first time I came to this thread. May be I just a 'realistic' person or may be I am not a true fan!!
If all of us become 100% realist then SBNS will be half empty. And I know you are a true fan otherwise you wont be driving miles to go and watch them wearing your BD jersey and waving BD flag.

Old March 4, 2011, 07:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

I still believe!
Am I the only one here?
Old March 4, 2011, 09:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rafi_
I still believe!
Am I the only one here?
We still believe. But the problem is our enduring pain.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 4, 2011, 10:50 AM
Street Cricketer

All is not lost guys..
BD can still make it to the quarters by beating england and Holland And with luck going their way!!
all the best
Old March 4, 2011, 10:59 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Yes please take revenge on behalf of India, beat England, I will pray for your victory
Old March 4, 2011, 11:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

We still believe in the team, the world cup is not over for us.
Old March 4, 2011, 12:30 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Yes we still believe in our team but the question is DOES OUR TEAM BELIEVE IN THEMSELVES??? They played with no self determination or self believe. Granted the WI were bowling well but come on how can we get all bundled out in just 18 overs??? That's unbelievable!! Even Canada showed more determination and character playing against Pakistan couple of days ago. I have no problem with us loosing, but I have a problem in the manner we lost. Our batsmen got out playing the very all familiar loose and casual shots. They played like they never held a bat before. So I don't think the problem is with us fans not having enough faith in our team, the problem lies with our so called "Bagher Bachhara" not having a set of "cojones" and not having faith and believe in themselves!!!
Old March 4, 2011, 04:20 PM
Club Cricketer

- consistency hasn't been the forte of BD Tigers as of yet though recent past leading to ICC showed some sign of growth in consistency & game planning.. though this defeat is humiliating but nothing out of the blue as a win would have been just another Spark of Potential but not Mastery of Perfection... I am not shocked but upset that I missed some great cricket fun... 3 more chances of Sparks to go....

- Either it is pride and arrogance that is stopping our players from being tempered or it is lack of belief in them, lack of moral motivation.... very hard to put the finger on the cause....

- Inshaallah they will show real sign of sportsmanship and professionalism by working on their acts and do strong come back. As loyal observers we need to be beside them in both good and bad time at the same level.

- Every failure is an opportunity to grow and every win is an opportunity to boost. An optimist looks for opportunity in every problem while a pessimist looks for problem in every opportunity. Inshaallah the TIgers will choose the right track.
Old March 4, 2011, 04:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
If all of us become 100% realist then SBNS will be half empty. And I know you are a true fan otherwise you wont be driving miles to go and watch them wearing your BD jersey and waving BD flag.
Thanks Mohammed bhai... just got a bit emotional there .. prob proves the fact that yes I am a bloody crazy fan! :P
Old March 4, 2011, 04:44 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজা লিখছেন প্রথম আলোয়

এমন পরাজয় ভাবতেই পারিনি

মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজা

অসুস্থ স্ত্রীকে হাসপাতাল থেকে বাসায় এনে দুপুরে খেতে বসেছি। তামিম তখন আউট। খাওয়া শেষ না হতেই ৫ উইকেট নেই! এরপর তৈরি হয়ে মাঠে যাওয়ার জন্য সিঁড়ি দিয়ে নামছি। এক বন্ধুর ফোন—বাংলাদেশ অলআউট!
কী বলবেন একে? বেদনাদায়ক? আমার কাছে তো তাই। ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজের কাছে বাংলাদেশ ৫৮ রানে অলআউট। একটা রেকর্ড বোধ হয় আমরা করে ফেললাম। আমার মনে হয় না, এই বিশ্বকাপে বাংলাদেশের ৫৮-কে পেছনে ফেলে অন্য কোনো দল এর চেয়ে কম রানে অলআউট হবে!
কথাগুলো বলছি, কিন্তু বলতে গিয়ে বুকটা ভেঙে যাচ্ছে। হ্যাঁ, ক্রিকেটে খারাপ দিন আসবে। সব দলেরই আসে। কিন্তু তাই বলে এমন পরাজয় একেবারেই অপ্রত্যাশিত। আসলে আমাদের জন্য এই দিনটা খুবই কষ্টের গেল। ভাবতেই পারিনি, আমাদের ব্যাটিংটা এভাবে হুড়মুড় করে ভেঙে পড়বে।
হ্যাঁ, ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ ভালো বল করেছে ধরে নিলাম। কিন্তু ওদের সুলিমান বেন এমন বোলার নয় যে ৪ উইকেট তুলে নেবে। যদিও শেষের দিকে উইকেট নিয়েছে সে, তার পরও বলব সুলিমান যখন টপাটপ উইকেট তোলে, তখন আমরা কেমন ব্যাটিং করলাম, তার একটা ছবি আপনি পাবেন।
আমি কঠোর কোনো শব্দ ব্যবহার করতে চাই না। তবে হ্যাঁ, এটা নিদ্বির্ধায় বলতে পারি, আমাদের ব্যাটিংটা বাজে হয়েছে। ব্যাটসম্যানরা কেউ দায়িত্ব নেয়নি। দায়িত্ব নিতেই হবে—এটাই হচ্ছে প্রথম কথা। তা ছাড়া বলব, তামিম-সাকিবের দিকে তাকিয়ে থাকলে চলবে না। দল সবার কাছেই কমবেশি পারফর্ম চায়। সেটি না পেলে দল এর ভুক্তভোগী হবেই।
এই বিশ্বকাপে এখন পর্যন্ত তামিম ও সাকিবের দুটি ফিফটি আর শফিউলের একটা স্পেল ছাড়া আমাদের প্রাপ্তি বলার মতো কিছু নেই। একটা দল হয়ে এখনো আমরা পারফর্ম করতে পারিনি। কিন্তু সামনে এগোতে হলে দল হিসেবে দাঁড়াতেই হবে। চাইব, কালকের দুঃস্বপ্নটা ভুলে আমাদের দল ঘুরে দাঁড়াক।
ভুলে যাচ্ছি না, দেয়ালে পিঠ ঠেকে গেলে আমরা দারুণভাবে ফিরে আসি। আশা করব, এবারও সেটিই হবে। মুদ্রার দুটি পিঠই আমরা দেখলাম। আয়ারল্যান্ডের সঙ্গে জিতে আমাদের আত্মবিশ্বাস ছিল তুঙ্গে। কাল হেরে সেটি চলে গেছে তলানিতে। এখন কাজ হলো, এ অবস্থা থেকে বেরিয়ে আসা। এটাও একটা লড়াই।
চাপ শব্দটা ঘুরেফিরে আসছে। চাপের কাছেই কি আমরা ভেঙে পড়লাম? দেখুন, এই পর্যায়ে এসে আপনাকে চাপ সামলাতেই হবে। না হলে আপনি টিকতে পারবেন না। কাজেই চাপের ব্যাপারটাকে আমি বড় করে দেখতে রাজি নই। চাপ নামের কাঁটা আমাদের পায়ে বিঁধবে না, এটাই আমার প্রত্যাশা।
তবে বলতেই হচ্ছে, কালকের অমন পরাজয়ে আমাদের এগিয়ে চলার পথটা কঠিন হয়ে পড়ল। দাঁড়ান, এখনো কিন্তু শেষ হয়ে যায়নি সব। সবার কাছে তাই আমার আবেদন থাকবে—দলের পাশেই থাকুন, যেভাবে এত দিন ছিলেন।
Old March 4, 2011, 05:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Great ready this from Mashrafe.

Not just speaking as a Mash fan, but a performance like today and the ones so far in the tournament really makes one wonder what "could've been" had this man been included in the final 15...*sigh*...
Old March 4, 2011, 05:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

My god! What a fan you are sidratt. Props to you and your Maverick team for such an astonishing editing and compositing. It was heart warming for me. This is not where and how we stop believing in our Tigers. This isn't just a loss, this will only fuel our team's motivation towards playing stronger. Unexpected upsets like this always happens in the World Cup. Insha'allah We WILL go to the quarter finals!!! Watch out ENGLAND, NETHERLANDS, and SOUTH AFRICA.
Good to such a passionate creativity finally spawning from my country. Simply Amazing.
Here, I've made a posters to show my support.

Last edited by naim519; March 4, 2011 at 06:03 PM..
Old March 5, 2011, 05:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidratt
Hello everyone!

We've just uploaded the Bangla version of the 'Never Stop Believing' video on Youtube.

.................................................. .
This is the version we gave coach Pont to show to the boys before the Ireland match.

@Dilscoop: Only one of us is majoring in film and media; the rest of us are studying business administration, and economics. We've pretty much taught ourselves whatever we know, with the help of online tutorials of course.

We primarily use Sony Vegas Pro, Apple Motion, and Adobe After Effects, though we've also used Cinema4D, 3D Studio Max, and a little bit of Maya and Boujou on the side.

Hope that helped! And yes, we really are hoping for a semi-/final run from the Tigers. I strongly believe that it can be achieved, and I just hope the team believes in that too.
Great Work.
Old March 5, 2011, 12:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

I never stop believing, and this video touched me even more!

great job done!
Old March 6, 2011, 11:22 AM
Club Cricketer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTimKo_kThk
Old March 7, 2011, 01:51 PM
Street Cricketer

Hi everyone!

After the amazing response that we got for our video, we've decided to take the 'Never Stop Believing' spirit to the next level. And so, in these, (arguably) the darkest times of Bangladesh cricket, we're launching a movement to shore up support and revive the spirits of not just the cricket team, but the entire nation as well!

For more info, please see this thread: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...02#post1293702

And thank you again for the kind words about the video!
Old March 7, 2011, 05:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Hello Sidratt, words are not enough to explain how much I was stirred with steaming eyes by watching this awesome video! Kudos to you and to your Maverick Studios team. You guys brought back our lost pride with this great piece of work. Hats off, mate!

On a side note, I noticed a few misspelling on the Bangla version of this video. These are as follows:

- ধরশায়ী করেছি কিংবদন্তিদের
- জয়কে পুঁরেছি হাতের মুঠোয়
- করতে পারব আবারও

If i am not mistaken, the correct spelling of the above bold quoted words should have been as follows:

ধরাশায়ী
পুরেছি
পারবো

I assume that these are all typos and hope to be corrected for the sake of this great work you guys have done.
\"In this game, there is no pretending, no mercy, no second chance....in the middle of this huge arena he is on trial, one against eleven, with no one to protect him.....cricket is not a game, it is the truth of life\"
-- J.M.Coetzee, In Boyhood: Scenes from a Provincial Life
Old March 7, 2011, 08:59 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Can anyone verify whether the Bangla version have been seen by our players?
Old March 7, 2011, 10:58 PM
Street Cricketer

Yes, I can verify that! We personally delivered the Bangla version to coach Pont at around 11.30 am on the day of their match against Ireland. After the match, he told us that he had showed it to the cricket team during the bus journey from Sheraton to Mirpur SBNS.
Old March 7, 2011, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

That video did nothing for me. Don't get me wrong, it's a great video, but why is everyone crying?
Old March 7, 2011, 11:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
That video did nothing for me. Don't get me wrong, it's a great video, but why is everyone crying?
Apnar bukey poshom nai na? /nohomo

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 7, 2011, 11:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
hahaha....what a downer...

come'on atleast give credit to its professionalism and high quality graphics.
Old March 7, 2011, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shartaz
hahaha....what a downer...

come'on atleast give credit to its professionalism and high quality graphics.
I wasn't downplaying the quality of the video. Just saying that it didn't stir up the same emotions in me that it did in a lot of people here.
Old March 8, 2011, 02:57 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Wish I could whip you...
Old March 8, 2011, 05:15 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
I wasn't downplaying the quality of the video. Just saying that it didn't stir up the same emotions in me that it did in a lot of people here.
Hey, everyone's entitled to their personal opinions and emotions! So yeah, I totally get it if the video did nothing for you.

As for why people have cried, I believe it's because they felt an extremely strong emotional connection to message and images portrayed in the video. At least, that's how we felt while making the video!

Personally, I still get goosebumps every time I watch Rubel knocking out Kyle Mills' leg stump. The players, the fans... the noise and the emotion... I've seen it so many times, but that part still gets to me.