facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 16, 2012, 12:31 PM
Cricket Guru

If we dismiss them all within a low score, I wouldn't mind a Tamim blitzkrieg.

Old November 16, 2012, 12:35 PM
Cricket Legend

If we win this test match (the possibilities are very high) what are the critics going to say this time around? The pitch? Chanderpauls stomach bug issue? Chris Gayle played too many shots?

Atleast this time they can't hide behind their WEAKEND WI SIDE comment anymore ...
Old November 16, 2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
I might sound a pessimist but this is what I feel will be the win draw percentange for tomorrow.

Draw - 100 % and I can bet my house,car and my bank savings on it.

Chanderpaul will be back tomorrow and lets not forget Darren sammy is a very capable batsman. SO is Tino best. These guys can survive for the first 20 overs easily and that I feel is enough to ensure a draw.

We wont take a risk of going after the total and will look to ensure a draw.

Lets hope my prediction is wrong as it always is ( on this site)and hope we get a result tomorrow in favour of the tigers.
Please PM me your bank account number, send the car via via-rail tomorrow and keep the horse as you will be needing it going to office!!!
Old November 16, 2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS

But gota admit I really enjoyed following this test cricket and as a BD team supporter I really admire and appreciate the batting our batters did in first innings. Wish them all the best and prayers to them to perform the same in second innings which will decide the fate of the match. Great test cricket, long live test cricket and long live BD cricket and emerging players like TIK, Shakib, Nasir and others.
Tigers won the Test right there ^^^
Old November 16, 2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
In 2nd innings we always collapse ,thats my fear .
Not always.
We used to do well in the 2nd innings for a while during the Pilot-Rafiq era.
Old November 16, 2012, 01:03 PM
Banned

Inshallah I hope BD WINS, I want NO TEARS Tommorrow. Emotional day for BDesh People Tmorrow including me ROAR TIGERS ROAR

( Can someone please tell BCB to give Ian Pont a Job PLEASE)
Old November 16, 2012, 01:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I was really happy to see the improved bowling from our pacers, especially Rubel. It seems he just had a whole lot of rust the 1st day and slowly it's going away. That ball to Gayle was a beauty. I'm sure that delivery made coach Ian happy. Shahadat should've gotten a wicket had it not been for Junaid's butter fingers.

Happy to also see Shakib finally getting his rhythm and getting 2 wickets. 2 more and he'll get to 100 Test wickets. Sohag again proving he's here to stay.

We need to come out today, fired up and constantly putting pressure on the Windies. Get them out as quick as possible. Then on the batting side, play your natural game. Don't panic and give away wickets. They need to stay composed.

Best of luck to the Tigers on the final day!
Old November 16, 2012, 01:07 PM

Bangladesh v West Indies, 1st Test, Mirpur, 4th day

Massive test awaits Bangladesh

In the past, Bangladesh have competed for parts of Test matches before folding. Can they avoid a familiar story on Saturday?
Mohammad Isam in Mirpur
November 16, 2012

Bangladesh's batsmen were terrific in the first innings, but can they repeat the effort on Saturday © AFP

The fifth day's play of the Dhaka Test will be Bangladesh's second "final" of the year, but the cricket to be played on the final day against West Indies will have little resemblance to the other final held in March. In the last four days, the batsmen got them the first-innings lead and a late burst of wickets from the spinners on the fourth evening means Bangladesh still have a say in the proceedings. Such a position is not rare but they have often squandered it. To handle it properly, the Bangladesh team has to harness their talent with an attitude that combines pragmatism and creativity.
The most crucial phase will be when Bangladesh chase. Having posted their highest-ever score and crossed the 500-mark for the first time, the threat of free-fall is looming. The batting line-up has normally had calamitous second innings' after crossing the 400-mark in the past. The team's inaugural Test is a prime example while the same happened against Australia in Fatullah, against England in Dhaka and against New Zealand in Hamilton.
Also, out of the 13 times they have batted in the fourth innings of a Test, Bangladesh have been bowled out ten times. The batting worries multiply given the gap between Bangladesh's last Test and the current one, but they can take inspiration from the two times they fought to a draw by batting well on the final day and, of course, the three wins in their Test history.

The recent confidence is going to come from Tamim Iqbal's form and Naeem Islam's new-found doggedness, along with the batting that goes on till No. 8. But pessimistic Bangladesh fans would suggest that those who scored 62, 72, 89, 96 and 108 have already completed their quota of runs for the match, if not the series.
If Bangladesh acknowledge their trend of making few after plenty, they will apply a bit of pragmatism to their approach, especially if they have to bat out time to save the game. If however the chase is on, the batsmen must show maturity in adapting. They haven't done this in the past, so they have to be creative about chasing, and not just go after the bowling.

But before they go out to bat, the bowlers have to mop up the West Indies tail which is likely to include the ill Shivnarine Chanderpaul. The condition of the wicket would be crucial but it is unlikely to vary too much even though a few deliveries did burst through late on the fourth afternoon.

The old ball is expected to turn a lot, and that is where Mushfiqur Rahim has to take charge. Shakib Al Hasan and Sohag Gazi have bowled well in tandem so far, and the captain should press on with the spin duo in an all-out attempt to break the overnight partnership. But if he wants to settle for a draw, he will have to take the lead in ensuring the Bangladesh second innings starts as late in the day as possible (and then brace for criticism).

There are lessons too from that narrow defeat to Pakistan in the Asia Cup. Tamim had scored 60 but wasn't determined enough to turn it into a big score while there was agonisingly slow batting from Nazimuddin and Nasir Hossain. There was an assumption that when Tamim or Shakib Al Hasan are blazing away, the rest can sit back. It won't be the case on the fifth day when all eight frontline batsmen have to contribute to save or win against West Indies.

read more http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/591629.html
Old November 16, 2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalT
Inshallah I hope BD WINS, I want NO TEARS Tommorrow. Emotional day for BDesh People Tmorrow including me ROAR TIGERS ROAR

( Can someone please tell BCB to give Ian Pont a Job PLEASE)
Welcome to BanglaCricket BT . Enjoy your stay
Read me first: Board Rules

Yes! Hope Tigers can win it for themselves and also for us - fans!
Old November 16, 2012, 01:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I turned on the TV at half past three and was disappointingly watching Powell hammering boundaries to reach his second century. But, as soon as Bravo left I knew Marlon is leaving soon but did not think it would be Sohag. Then on, it was just delight to watch our bowling. Great show.
Old November 16, 2012, 01:16 PM
Banned

@ Kalpurush thanks bhia. Excellent chance for us to win depending on first session
Old November 16, 2012, 01:17 PM
Cricket Guru

So an unchanged side for the next Test match? Well going by how well we've done in this match, it comes as no surprise although it looked as tough Anamul had an outside chance of making it in.

SN and Junaid are on the hot seat and HAVE to deliver tomorrow.
Old November 16, 2012, 01:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
( Can someone please tell BCB to give Ian Pont a Job PLEASE) [/I]
Asking this on your very 1st post on this forum will raise few eyebrows !
Old November 16, 2012, 01:21 PM
Banned

This is one of the best TEST Squad for a long time. Just need Junaid+Nafees to prove it tommorrow.
Old November 16, 2012, 01:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Asking this on your very 1st post on this forum will raise few eyebrows !
it's true bro, it will. I could not resist seeing someone keep on having a go @ BCB. Even if it does, A win for Bangladesh tommorrow will make me the most happy BD Fan like many. Inshallah allah will help us win Test @ Home ground.
Old November 16, 2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
So an unchanged side for the next Test match? Well going by how well we've done in this match, it comes as no surprise although it looked as tough Anamul had an outside chance of making it in.

SN and Junaid are on the hot seat and HAVE to deliver tomorrow.
The selectors did a smart job here I must say. Kudos to Akran & Co.

Now Nafees and Znaid has no options but to deliver as you have said.
The decision will motivate these two hopefully.

Wish them all the best
Old November 16, 2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
This is one of the best TEST Squad for a long time. Just need Junaid+Nafees to prove it tommorrow.
This is their opportunity to prove themselves and the selectors are right. They should ge greatful to the selectors and return the favours by batting (and fielding) properly and according to the match situation tomorrow.
Old November 16, 2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
@ Kalpurush thanks bhia. Excellent chance for us to win depending on first session
Any time mate Hope your dream comes true!!!
Old November 16, 2012, 01:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
The selectors did a smart job here I must say. Kudos to Akran & Co.

Now Nafees and Znaid has no options but to deliver as you have said.
The decision will motivate these two hopefully.

Wish them all the best
I'm hopeful bhai of Junaid. His average is a 36 when he bats 2nd in Tests. Also remember the last time he got bounced by Broad? He ended up scoring a century when he batted 2nd.
Old November 16, 2012, 01:50 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful,Tamim T

Kichu pabar Ashay Shopnogulo Aj Sottir Pothe.
Kichu Dekhabo Bole Shopnogulo Aj Muktir Pothe.....

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old November 16, 2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I'm hopeful bhai of Junaid. His average is a 36 when he bats 2nd in Tests. Also remember the last time he got bounced by Broad? He ended up scoring a century when he batted 2nd.
Even Zunaid scores a 50, I will be happy for now
Old November 16, 2012, 01:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Unchanged side?

Junaid better do something special in the 2nd innings to get a place in the 2nd test. Unfair for anamul!
Old November 16, 2012, 01:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Who's up for an Avatar bet?

Rules:

# I am predicting Bangladesh win; if it happens, you have to change your Avatar to the picture posted below.
# Predict a result other than mine; if it happens, I'll change my Avatar to any picture you post.

Here's the picture that you have to put as your Avatar for 1 month atleast.

So, who accepts this challenge?

Last edited by Kohli_Sox; November 16, 2012 at 02:29 PM..
Old November 16, 2012, 01:55 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sachin

Can't wait for tomorrow's play.. So close again..Plz..don't let us down like Aisa Cup Final.. lets hope all the luck will be in our side tomorrow..

Nice to see sakib got his rhythm back, on a different note..Gaziiii could become our next Saq./Mulari and Naeem may become our Mr.Wall.. Their approaches is right, just need to work harder and keep believing... future will tell..

Gooooddd Luckkkk Tigerrrrss...
Old November 16, 2012, 01:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Disagree.. you have to beat Zimbabwe, West Indies and NZ in Test matches regularly. Playing top nations is not going to happen because BD results are so poor.

I fully understand the passion but be realistic. If BD cannot beat Zimbabwe over and over or the 8th ranked team regularly, then playing Australia, India, SA and England will make no difference.

The problems are internal, not external. It's not about who BD plays, but HOW they play
Well said. Regardless of tomorrow's result, we still have a long ways to go before we prove ourselves in the Test arena. Remember we lost to Zimbabwe by a pretty big margin just a year ago.

Sustained consistency is key for our boys. Our next set of Test matches after this tour will be against SL on their home turf and then we travel to Zimbabwe. So a lot of work to do but obviously it's refreshing to see how well we did so far in this Test match.