facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 10, 2003, 11:20 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Who can stop India (Sachin, rather) ?

India, all the way !!

Can they stop Australia ?

Or should the question be,

Can Australia stop India ?

Unless they meet before,

an India-Aus final is virtually assured.

C'mon my fellow Bengalis, now is the time to jump onto the India Express !!

Old March 10, 2003, 01:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Bangladesh all the way!

What do I care about India?

[Edited on 10-3-2003 by Shubho]
Old March 10, 2003, 03:15 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default :)

Don't mean to offend but there is no reason to jump into any express. I am enjoying the fight though.

I finally see some hope that the world cup might not be useless (as in, give Australia the cup and have it over with) after all.
Old March 10, 2003, 03:28 PM
Street Cricketer

True. This is a Bangla cricket board and so that should be the main topic.

I just thought we neighbors should be happy with each others achievements and support the other as the second team.

Go Bangladesh cricket team.
Old March 11, 2003, 04:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

BD would bring the cup in 2015. Don't worry

Only AUS and NZ can stop India. Surprisingly, India were given a scare by Holland and Kenya but they crushed SL as if SL were minnows.
Old March 11, 2003, 05:20 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default SL and NZ

I was truly dissapointed with Sl after watching them flop against Kenya. Yesterday, Srinath and co. turned them into rubbles. If they still make the semis, they might go on to surprise either Australia or India again. But, I highly doubt it.

As for who can stop Sachin ? I like the guy, why stop him ? He was just born on the wrong side of the border (ie - BD being the right side, hehehehhe). However, after watching Bond on a mission against the Aussies (23/6), the India vs NZ match promises to be one of the best one. Specially with NZ looking back at the 5-2 series win (when Sachin missed out) only a few months ago.
Old March 11, 2003, 05:23 AM
ODI Cricketer

I am a BIG fan of Sachin Tendulkar. Hoping that he wins the cup for India. Also hoping that BD gets a player like him.
Old March 11, 2003, 10:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Tendu is in the form of him life. And what a time to peak! Poor Shoaib, got massacred the other day. If he is on song, there is very little you can do. Actually, there is absolutely nothing you can do but hope that he gets himself out.
Old March 11, 2003, 11:06 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Rahul we all are the same whether its Bangladesh, India or Pakistan......What I all wanted is that One of our country should take the World Cup, we have the same root.....its just the bastard british who separated us a long ago.... After Bangladesh Pakistan or India is always our choice but with some it may vary....Don't get disappointed if some people over-reacted....Pakistan, India and Bangladesh....We all are brothers...So, best of luck brother for the world cup...
We are always here to cheer for you....

[Edited on 11-3-2003 by ehsan]
Old March 11, 2003, 11:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Speak for yourself man. I think most people on this board are happy that Bangladesh is a independent and sovereign state and wouldn't have it any other way. India and Pakistan may be geographically close and culturally similar, but they have done absolutely nothing brotherly towards us in my lifetime. So no, they are not my brothers and I have not natural inclination towards either nation.
Old March 11, 2003, 11:23 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

I know Sham bhai what you mean.....I'm happy too that Bangladesh is a Independent state...but the fact why we didn't get any brotherly toward us is just because of the political dispute....Imagine our good time when we were the same....at that time no one was able to fight us...then those stupid british came and tore us apart and now look what we are....Always remember "united we stand otherwise we fall". Lets just forget all the dispute between us and think for a moment about our past....how successful
we were when we lived together.

People pls share your opinion regarding our brotherhood....I really wanna know what the people of Bangladesh think...Don't we realize the how badly we are harmed by the british? Are'nt (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh) we are the same?

[Edited on 11-3-2003 by ehsan]
Old March 11, 2003, 11:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Default ehsan

get over the British and move on my friend, this is 2003.
Old March 11, 2003, 02:16 PM
Banned

Brother Rafiq, I see no problem in someone harboring resentments as those of Ehsan's. Though I may or may not bear the same feelings as his.

Imagine someone suggesting the same to you about the favorable/unfavorable feelings you may have personally towards one of Bangladesh's Independence heros.

One person's 300 years maybe anothers 30 years.

Old March 11, 2003, 04:01 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default not the right forum. :)

Try the Forget Cricket on this issue and you'll get everyone's opinion.

If you ask me ... there is nothing brotherly about 1971 and that's only 31 years ago. Surely, our memory is not that bad.

As for the other neighbor, the military threat is too overpowering and if you have read the news over the last few years, you'll find out how they love to shoot some 'friendly fire' on civilians living around the borders.

So, I am sorry if I don't really find this brotherly love amusing.
Old March 11, 2003, 05:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default INDIA

I give em props for reaching this far and actually becoming a "concern" for Australia. The difference between Bangladeshis and Indians are crystal. When we scold their team - they shut us up. (I still remember me laughing at those Hindustanis for thinking that India was gonna win the cup but I had my doubts ). I am aware that India is getting it easy as most of the "threatening" teams got kicked out the first round but that is definitely not an excuse for not giving them "proper respect"
But Bangladesh is yet to shut up her brothers..."wise Indians" (Wisden). That is a shame I will bear. I suggest you all do that too.

By the way Ehsan, what was British's role in the independence of Bangladesh? I guess the formation or the separation (however you look at it) of the subcontinent countries were inevitable.

Just to clear the thought - India v Pak = Hindus v Muslims.

Finally -

[align=center]!!!INDIA ALL THE WAY BABY!!![/align]

PS - I am hoping for a Kenya v India final. My hope never comes to reality though.

another PS - I disagree with Shubho and Rahul - that this forum should only be used to discuss bangladesh cricket and DISS-CUSS the Indians and Paks. I believe there is no harm in any discussion (BD being the major one) as long as it's about cricket. I hope boss tehsin agrees with me.

[Edited on 11-3-2003 by Orpheus]
Old March 11, 2003, 05:51 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default FORGET POLITICS

Politics is one subject I hate.

Politics has given us nothing but subtractions and divisions.

I support Ehsan fully and completely -- Let's all get united and no one can beat us in anything.

The wars, the fights, the riots, the disasters all these have been instigated and executed by a few selfish people who set objectives of destroying thousands and affecting milliions only to satisfy their own self interests. In some instances, the disasters were carried out by people who were too emotional to give religion or politics a priority. These people did not have the intelligence or guts to come face to face and hold meaningful negotiations.

As a result, the whole region has suffered. The people have suffered. Life has always been full of worries, threats and tensions.

That's it for today. I am not a professional in this subject.

Now, Orpheus has won in the competition for forecasting skills. I was hoping to win a prize on that, but missed. You know what -- I always thought my forecasting skills were A class. If you remember, in one one of my previous posts I predicted one of the sub-continental teams would definitely play semi-finals, maybe even the final match... On that NZ vs Bangladesh match evening, Ashraful was on 22 or something and I knew he was GOING. I predicted a half-century for him. But do I get any prize for all these great predictions? Unfortunately not!!!!

That's OK. I still have a lot of fun here at banglacricket.com

Oh yeah/////
Old March 11, 2003, 06:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Ehsan, you have the right to your opinion. However, two quick points, was India so 'great' before the British came? It was a collection of Princely States before the Brits, it was not even one country! India was united largely by the Mughal rule and then by the British who established the rail system. And secondly, partition is mainly a result of Muslim insecurity in a Hindu dominated India. In 1947, the Muslims by and large wanted a Muslim state because they felt threatened in a Hindu dominated India. So lets not blame the British now. If partition is a sore point for you, blame Jinnah as much as the Brits. If you ask me, I think it has worked out just fine for us.

Actually, this is the wrong board. For a more in-depth debate, lets take this to Forget Cricket! Sorry Tehsin bhai.
Old March 11, 2003, 07:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

I'm happy that at least Doorbin shares da same opinion as me....

I don't wanna debate...but to give Sham bhai a view that no Religion wants fight its just the politicians who r creating these disputes between the religions....No religion teaches us to fight.
It was just the plan of british to divide us....however in order to divide us they started the dispute between Hindu's and Muslim which is continuing even now..... We need to open up our mind and realize what has happened and what is goin on and what will be our future.
Old March 11, 2003, 08:13 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Wrong Forum

They started yet but what kind of useless piece of tard do you have to be to carry on the 'plan' ? We are doing it to ourselves.

Also, after 1947, when BD was given to Pakistan - we were turned into second class citizens. All the high up positions were taken over by our 'brothers' and even our language was under fire. Wonder why our cricketers never made it ?

That was then, if you ask any Pakistani about their cricket team and the board - they will tell you about the enemity between each provinces and we all have seen the result of that in Pakistan's exit from the world cup. These people do not have it in them to unite.

Let's forget them, they can deal with their own problems. Look how folks are devided over party lines in Bangladesh. Look how they have destroyed everything - good exmple would be our cricket board.
Old March 12, 2003, 12:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default WHY INDIA HERE

HEY GUYS !!!!!!!!

COme on

This is the forum of Bangladesh Cricket.

Talk about bangladesh cricket not Indian Cricket..

Old March 13, 2003, 02:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Ehsan,

Forget those XXXXXX, useless PAKIS. Unite BD and INDIA only. Pakis would be nothing then.

Hope that BD beats PAKIS and England this year and show that BD is better than those "XXXXXX" and hope India does the same too.

================
Please don't use those words. Also, we WILL NOT unite with anyone. No SELF RESPECTING individual would allow their country to unite (read - taken over) by another nation. Why should we unite with India ? India is doing fine on their own and they are our neighbors. What we need to do is grow some ..... and be on our own.

In future, do not ever write about selling my country to another. Thank you.

[Edited on 13-3-2003 by tehsin]
Old March 13, 2003, 07:27 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
its just the bastard british who separated us a long ago....
Tehsin,

I fully agree with you but it was ehsan who used that xxxxxx word earlier. I used it as i was replying to his message. if you don't like it, i wont use it anymore. The quoted message is a part of ehsan's message.

I wasn't trying to sell BD. I was born in BD way back in 1984 and lived 11 years there till 1995 before coming to India with my parents. I used to live in Dhaka in BD then. I am a BDi living in India. Why would i think of selling my country. I love my country, why would i sell my country. I am sure that BD would develop on its own. It will be a major cricketing force one day. You might have seen my signature - "Bangladesh would win the 2015 World Cup". This shows how much i like BD as it is my country whereas Ehsan says in his signature to unite BD, India and Pak. I was just saying that BD and India should be united and that Pakistan should not unite with us then. I have a lot of respect for BD.

I apologise if i used such words.

[Edited on 13-3-2003 by shahid]
Old March 13, 2003, 12:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default WHY we will unite with INDIA!!!!!!!!!!

WHY we will unite with INDIA.

BD will move forward alone.
why there is a question of "Unite" ...

Is there any war going on.....

I will give a short message from Former criceket Raqibul Hasan ....In Bangla

"" Bangladesh ekhon shobar kachay Chabuk kacche....

pach bochor (3 yrs) por chabuk dorte shikbe ...DORBE.....

aro 3 yrs por .... shobaike chabuk marbe..... ""

So ..... We will move forward alone..

Old March 13, 2003, 01:07 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Who can stop India (Sachin, rather) ?

replying to the original topic, kenya has genuine chances and theres australia ofcourse.
Old March 13, 2003, 03:18 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default The semis

The line-up is not the world cup semifinals lineup that I wanted to see but I have to say that it is more interesting then the ones I hoped for. Kenya used every chance they were given and made this world cup and interesting one.

I usually don't root for the rank outsiders but this time - I am glad that Kenya made this far. Hey, we lost to a semi-finalist by only 32 runs. That's not too bad. (obhagar dukkher shima naai re).

Even if they don't get to the finals - which, I think they won't - I will be closely following their games against Australia and India.

As for India and Australia - they are the only ones who can stop themselves. However, a certain COP might arrest India tonight. BOND to the rescue. Shame on his teammates for letting Australia win the last match.