facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 4, 2005, 02:17 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default Bidisha arrested after Ershad files theft case

Staff Correspondent

Bidisha Ershad, sacked Jatiya Party (JP) presidium member and wife of Jatiya Party (JP) Chairman HM Ershad, was arrested at their Baridhara house yesterday after the former president charged her with stealing a cellphone set and embezzlement.

The police took Bidisha to Gulshan Police Station from Ershad's President Park in the cosy Baridhara neighbourhood around 5:30pm. Ershad accused her of cheating, embezzlement, theft, damaging furniture and making threats.

The former president was staying at the house of JP Secretary General Ruhul Amin Hawlader near the police station when the arrest was made. Witnesses said he left the apartment at about 1:00pm and sent the party's International Affairs Secretary Golam Mosih to Gulshan Police Station to file the case.

Sources close to Ershad said he is now preparing to end the four-year marriage with his second wife. He was not available on the phone for comment yesterday.

Bidisha, who had been receiving treatment at ZH Sikdar Medical College and Hospital at Gulshan, fled the clinic Friday night dodging the police stationed in and around it and stayed at the Baridhara house.

Earlier, both uniformed and plainclothes policemen were deployed in front of the house, which the law-enforcers entered around 3:30pm, just 30 minutes after the case was filed.

Sources, however, said Ershad sued Bidisha under pressure from the government high-ups who earlier forced the JP chief to expel her from the party.

In the first information report (FIR) Ershad said Bidisha embezzled around Tk 7.5 lakh and stole a mobile phone set, according to a police source. He also alleged Bidisha threatened to kill him after the expulsion and damaged photographs and other valuables, the source said.

A policeman present at the scene said when Bidisha was shown the FIR, she shouted, "I don't believe this."

"As the police insisted on her going to Gulshan Police Station, she tried to jump out the window to the ground with her son Eric in a bid to commit suicide," he said.

She was eventually talked into getting downstairs of the house where she replied to a few questions from waiting journalists. She was taken to heavily guarded Gulshan Police Station in a van at 5:32pm. Tears were rolling down her cheeks as Bidisha sat in the police van with Eric in her lap.

"Bidisha was brought to Gulshan Police Station after she was arrested in connection with a case filed by her husband," Obaidur Rahman, deputy commissioner of DMP (north), told The Daily Star.

She was confined until 10:30 last night to the police station and no journalists were allowed in. A physician from the private clinic removed a saline needle planted in one of her hands, through which blood was oozing.

Jatiya Party leaders Kazi Firoz Rashid, Shafiul Alam Pradhan and Sheikh Shawkat Hossain Nilu visited Bidisha at the police station.

Sources said JP leaders Kazi Zafar Ahmed and Ruhul Amin Hawlader have been working against Bidisha since she joined the party.

-Dailystar

Edited on, June 4, 2005, 7:17 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.

Old June 4, 2005, 02:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

natok and tamasha !! BNP got Ershad by a tight noose.
Old June 4, 2005, 02:25 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Well everything is possible in BD politics. This is nothing new.
Old June 6, 2005, 02:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

The news item does not mention that Bidisha is about 40 years younger to Ershad.
Old June 6, 2005, 02:48 AM

Another low level pathetic and ill political show from our so called elite politicians. Disgusting!!
Old June 9, 2005, 10:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Bidisha akhon Bay-Desha.
Old June 9, 2005, 02:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Bidisha akhon Bay-Desha.

I wonder why the govt is torturing her now - hasn't she lost everything already - husband, son, power, money...
Old June 9, 2005, 02:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by say
Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Bidisha akhon Bay-Desha.

I wonder why the govt is torturing her now - hasn't she lost everything already - husband, son, power, money...
Thats very confusing to me as well. Not sure whats the real motive?
Old June 10, 2005, 01:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

I'd no idea what this thread was all about. What a drama..!
Either I've been under too much stress lately or going senile...but I coul've sworn back when I was in BD, she had a different name ...would parade around w/ her dyed hairdo as the all benevolent first lady....
Old June 10, 2005, 03:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BushidoTiger
I'd no idea what this thread was all about. What a drama..!
Either I've been under too much stress lately or going senile...but I coul've sworn back when I was in BD, she had a different name ...would parade around w/ her dyed hairdo as the all benevolent first lady....
Are you sure you are not confusing Bidisha with Roushan Ershad who was H.M.Ershad's first wife? Roushan had a dyed hairdo.

BTW, Eric Ershad, he he he....
Old June 10, 2005, 12:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

No Shoot!! wow...it was Roushan Ershad...I wasn't aware he got divorced and remarried..
I remember him announcing baout being a father for the first time after going to hajj - an apparent attempt to show how he got his wish granted(from God).
Come to think of it...it couldn't have been Eric.
It must be a very slow news day..why else would I be spending time on discussing torrid details of daily drama of an ex dictator who desperately wanted to be known as a poet..!! shame on moi
Old June 10, 2005, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by BushidoTiger
No Shoot!! wow...it was Roushan Ershad...I wasn't aware he got divorced and remarried..
I remember him announcing baout being a father for the first time after going to hajj - an apparent attempt to show how he got his wish granted(from God).
Come to think of it...it couldn't have been Eric.
It must be a very slow news day..why else would I be spending time on discussing torrid details of daily drama of an ex dictator who desperately wanted to be known as a poet..!! shame on moi
But at least you are back on BC. You were missed in your absence. Now, in order to do penitence for posting in this thread, you have to write a great cricket related post.
Old June 13, 2005, 02:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Zunaid
But at least you are back on BC. You were missed in your absence. Now, in order to do penitence for posting in this thread, you have to write a great cricket related post.
--Thanks Dr. Z..its always a good feeling to be missed
{vs. the silent disappearance}
Had been busy slaving away for uncle Sam for the upcoming Deep Impact mission (http://deepimpact.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html)..and traveling to other complexes to pretend like I was doing something useful.

There had been a good number of well written articles on the front page.
Will do my best to on the good grace of the board by doodling down my semi coherent thoughts down - as soon as I get done with the stupid patio tiling projects I got stuck with
Great avatar of the tiger at w/ its fangs..! I've been looking for a picture like that where you them at their most ferocious state.
Old June 13, 2005, 02:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Great avatar of the tiger at w/ its fangs..! I've been looking for a picture like that where you them at their most ferocious state.
Unfortunately it's not a Bengal tiger. Not surprised Zunaid is oblivious to it - as long as it's a ferocious tigress.

Anyways, Zunaid, I was just looking through your site today. oh boy. You have one impressive resume. I must say your presence at Bangla Cricket is an honor for us all.

Your "Hilary Clinton" title paper dragged me into reading it. Didn't understand a single word of it. Thank you and nice sense of humor.

Bye
Old June 13, 2005, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Haha Orpheus - we not a Bengal tiger - there are very few good ferocious Bengal Tiger pictures around - if anyone knows of some, please do let me know.

As for the latter bit - are you "brown nosing" here?

But thanks

Edited on, June 13, 2005, 8:16 PM GMT, by Zunaid.
Old June 14, 2005, 01:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Bishudho tiger, no the son u thought was not eric. his name is shaad. came to news few years ago for kidnaping a girl (was his friend or something, forgot the details). baap ka beta i mean.
Old June 20, 2005, 12:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

Thanks Tokai for the update....u are totally right about the 'Like father, like son' theme there.