facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 16, 2005, 02:03 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by rafiq
I'd like to see a new thread between Arnab and dawah.tabligh. Topics will be preselected by moderators, and only one can be religious in nature. Increasingly difficult constraints will be placed on the contestants. The battle will be over 5 rounds.

The loser will never post on BC again.

I was about to make the proposal.

Old June 16, 2005, 02:19 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnab
You come to this world out of your mother's womb stark naked.
Au contraire, according to my mother I was covered heavily with vernix at birth as was, conicidentally, my son

Edited on, June 16, 2005, 7:21 AM GMT, by razabq.
Old June 16, 2005, 06:24 AM
Cricket Legend

while certainly useful in my condition which arnab so aptly describes, the lungi is technically not an undergarment! or is it?
Old June 16, 2005, 06:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Quote:
Originally posted by rafiq
I'd like to see a new thread between Arnab and dawah.tabligh. Topics will be preselected by moderators, and only one can be religious in nature. Increasingly difficult constraints will be placed on the contestants. The battle will be over 5 rounds.

The loser will never post on BC again.

I was about to make the proposal.
[edited] This is a time-tested and absolute prerequisite criterion to ensure the honesty and imaprtiality of the proposal-makers and the judges.

Edited on, June 16, 2005, 11:57 PM GMT, by radicalsami.
Reason: Please keep it clean.
Old June 16, 2005, 07:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnab
Jabbar, stop posting worthless posts. You are not well-equipped to be a pro-religion warrior. You need to improve vastly or, more effectively, find someone else worthy to challenge me.

Here's some advice: Study the basics of philosophy. Study Logic. Study the various forms of fallacies. Study how to hold an intellectual and rational discussion. Study the famous debates between theists and atheists, ancient and modern. Study the various forms of rhetoric and the ways to separate them from actual content. Study the famous tomes written by theists and atheists to support their respective positions. Study comparative religion. Study evolutionary sociobiology. Study sociology. Study anthropology. Study the history, evolution and philosophy of religion. Study the relationship between science and religion. Study Ethics. Study moral philosophy.

There are plenty of books, on the order of hundreds, on Amazon or in your local library on these very topics.

Once you have studied, thoroughly understood and internalized the distilled version of these primers, then come back.
Sorry guys, have been busy and not able to counter some of Arnab's drivel.

Arnab, I don't think I need to read about all those topics to counter most of your arguments. The fundamental principles of Islam are so powerful, that they alone can counter a multitude of man's feable attempts at reason and logic about the mysteries of life...

As a phd student in AI and cognitive science, I am beginning to learn a lot about topics concerning reason, rationality and the human mind in general. If you are indeed well read in all the topics that you have mentioned, then I tip my hat to you.

But you can never win against the word of the Creator...

Edited on, June 17, 2005, 12:38 AM GMT, by jabbar.
Old June 17, 2005, 12:52 PM
Banned

Arnab is free to talk in any style he so chooses. Like everybody else, he has his convictions....and like everybody else as well, he will have changed 3/4 of them by the time he steps into his 30s, and maybe all by the time he is 40.

I do respect though, members here who try to instill in him the merits of religion, or specifically the belief in one. To them I say, just have some patience - Arnab himself will come to you in due time.
Old June 17, 2005, 11:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Pundit
Arnab is free to talk in any style he so chooses. Like everybody else, he has his convictions....and like everybody else as well, he will have changed 3/4 of them by the time he steps into his 30s, and maybe all by the time he is 40.

I do respect though, members here who try to instill in him the merits of religion, or specifically the belief in one. To them I say, just have some patience - Arnab himself will come to you in due time.
Heh, heh.... I changed 3/4 of my convictions by the time I entered my 30s except that I went from being a rather religious person to a totally irreligious one. I will probably become a full blooded militant atheist by the time I hit 40.
Old June 17, 2005, 11:10 PM
First Class Cricketer

It will be interesting to see a debate between arnab and mwrkhan when they both turn 40 (if banglacricket manages to survive till then)! arnab passionately claiming that Quran is the word of God, and mwrkhan insisting he's read every word of it 10 times before and didn't find much to his liking!

Edited on, June 18, 2005, 4:11 AM GMT, by dosadeel.
Old June 18, 2005, 06:43 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

dunno what those 2 will be talking abt when the hit 40 but BC will be around to record it for sure...