facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old February 16, 2008, 10:01 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Pittsburgh has been in the hunt for Sundin, but realiable sources say that Anaheim is the forerunner by a distance. But then again, half the league would want to have Sundin's services. Bottom line : Cliff Fletcher will have be blown away by an offer, and only then he will ask Mats to waive the no-trade clause.

If its the Penguins indeed, I would like to see them give up Jordan Staal and a 1st rounder for Mats, no less.

Old February 17, 2008, 12:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

never say die. leafs won 4-3
Old February 17, 2008, 01:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
Pittsburgh has been in the hunt for Sundin, but realiable sources say that Anaheim is the forerunner by a distance. But then again, half the league would want to have Sundin's services. Bottom line : Cliff Fletcher will have be blown away by an offer, and only then he will ask Mats to waive the no-trade clause.

If its the Penguins indeed, I would like to see them give up Jordan Staal and a 1st rounder for Mats, no less.
Thats wishful thinking. Pens are not going to deal Staal and a 1st round pick for a 39 yr old due to be an unrestricted free agent. Too heavy a price to pay for a rent-a-player. Besides, what we need is a winger, not another center. However, Staal can be moved for Hossa. Thats the other rumor. Plus, we will get Sid back soon.
Old February 18, 2008, 01:20 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Thats wishful thinking. Pens are not going to deal Staal and a 1st round pick for a 39 yr old due to be an unrestricted free agent. Too heavy a price to pay for a rent-a-player. Besides, what we need is a winger, not another center. However, Staal can be moved for Hossa. Thats the other rumor. Plus, we will get Sid back soon.
Not that there is a huge difference between 39 and 37, but Sundin is infact two years younger than what you claim him to be. I dont think there's any question around the league that the big Swede is STILL an elite player to play the game, especially down low. The Sundin-for-Staal swap is definitely a wishful rumour, but thats the type of deal Sundin should yield, if he's to waive his no-trade clause (which he's just not going to do). If a half-functioning Forsbergh can be dealt for what he was last season, a fully efficient Sundin should fetch atleast half of that, if not as much, considering all the conservative attitude of the teams in this post-CBA era.

Anyway, I am not expecting Sundin to be moved afterall. Other liabilities of the Leafs team will be, however.
Old February 18, 2008, 01:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Sorry for the age mishap and he indeed is an elite player. But, from Pens perspective, he is too heavy a price to pay, if it takes a Staal and a 1st rounder, for someone who will be a free agent in the summer. I will take him anyday but not at the expense of Staal. We don't have good face-off man either. He would solve that problem instantly. East is crazy this year. Isn't it? You think Leafs have a chance? I think everybody has a chance this year. All you need is a semi winning streak and you could be in the mix-any team.
Old February 19, 2008, 03:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

4-0 mair handed to the Avs on a platter and Osgood gets a shut-out, YESSS!!! ...

Looks like my Red Wings are having yet another stellar regular season, shudhu playoffs-e jeye abar dhaura na khelei hauy!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old February 19, 2008, 05:14 PM
Cricket Legend

The red wings did lose 6 in a row. So they did lose it for a while.If they can keep winning then its good.
Old February 20, 2008, 03:51 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Ufffo! Sohel bhai 2 weeks agey ei thread ey ektu touch diye jeten... frekkin' loved it when the Leafs got your Wings 3-2 in OT! That too, a full, healthy Detroit lineup! Yea babay!
Old February 20, 2008, 06:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Rangers blow a 5 goal lead at least we got 1 point
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old February 20, 2008, 09:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Montreal and Ottawa are on the top and yesterday both went to shootout and both won so they are still tied.

Habs come back yesterday was amazing. Btw leafs won 3-1 against columbus
Old February 20, 2008, 11:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Jersey beat the Sharks tonight to give Ottawa some much-unwanted company atop the Eastern standings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
Btw leafs won 3-1 against columbus
Listening to every Leafs game on radio still (got no cable TV)... passion never dies
Old February 21, 2008, 07:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Ufffo! Sohel bhai 2 weeks agey ei thread ey ektu touch diye jeten... frekkin' loved it when the Leafs got your Wings 3-2 in OT! That too, a full, healthy Detroit lineup! Yea babay!
With all due respect our fellow ORIGINAL SIX buddies north of the border, $hite happens but obviously not too often especially over the last couple of decades. We've picked up where Stevie Y, Coach Bowman, the Russian 5 and Shany left off and are still going strong with newcomers like Zets, Dats and my main mayn Nik. Yawl are still trying to recover from the Frank Mahovlich trade all the way back in '68. So how long has it been exactly since you've lifted the Cup ???!!! ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; February 26, 2008 at 07:40 AM..
Old February 21, 2008, 12:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Big game tonight between Pens and Habs.
Old February 22, 2008, 09:34 PM
Cricket Legend

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/team/app/?...ticleid=354430
Old February 25, 2008, 10:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Leafs baby. 5-0 against the sens. Like i said only play against the best teams.
Toskola was amazing and Tucker scored 2. And guess who scored the first goal? Mats Sundin.

But is there any point?
Old February 25, 2008, 10:43 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
But is there any point?
Professional athletes dont know how to "tank" a season, once "postseason" isnt a viable option anymore... they dont worry about "what the point"... they do their job, something they love to do and has a passion for, and they get paid for it. Also, a lot of pressure gets taken off in situation like this... and players often perform better without pressure! BINGO!
Old February 26, 2008, 07:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Lidstrom out 3 weeks; Ericsson, Hartigan recalled

DETROIT – The Red Wings learned on Wedneday that they’ll be without their captain and five-time Norris Trophy winning defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom for at least three weeks as a result of the thunderous hit he took Monday in Denver.

With a black metal brace covering his right knee, Lidstrom met with reporters following the Red Wings’ practice Wednesday afternoon at Joe Louis Arena.

“I was hoping for something shorter, but right now they are saying three weeks,” Lidstrom said. “I just did the MRI this morning and we haven't seen the results yet, but hopefully that will come out good.”

The team also announced that they have placed goalie Dominik Hasek and defenseman Brian Rafalski on injured reserve, while calling up forward Mark Hartigan and defenseman Jonathan Ericsson from Grand Rapids ...

READ MORE
I hope he's 100% Inshallah when we need him the most. On a more positive note, we've signed Darren McCarty again! I'll never forget the payback thrashing he gave to Claude Lemieux and the Avs. He is just what we need to go all the way this year Inshallah.

I miss my trips to Detroit and the Joe ...
Old February 26, 2008, 10:14 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
With all due respect our fellow ORIGINAL SIX buddies north of the border, $hite happens but obviously not too often especially over the last couple of decades. We've picked up where Stevie Y, Coach Bowman, the Russian 5 and Shany left off and are still going strong with newcomers like Zets, Dats and my main mayn Nik. Yawl are still trying to recover from the Frank Mahovlich trade all the way back in '68. So how long has it been exactly since you've lifted the Cup ???!!! ...
A bit untimely post... everyone likes to kick the dead dog.
Old February 26, 2008, 10:21 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Interesting deadline deals in NHL. The eve of it was virtually action-less... Pens are going for the Cup THIS YEAR! Adding Marian Hossa to the already super-stud lineup that includes Malkin and The Kid! Hal Gill's acquisation from the Leafs will be of much help in the playoffs.
Old February 26, 2008, 10:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

I hope you people aren't sleeping on the Rangers and the Devils (I hate them) ... Hossa is nice piece but the playoffs in the East is a crapshoot. One Bad week and you can go 1st to 9th.

Jagr is getting his legs back, Gomez is a beast, Drury is a clutch and we got the Best Goaltender in the league in Lundqvist. Sean Avery is like Andrew Symonds who hate the guys guts but you'd love him on your team.
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old February 26, 2008, 10:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Interesting deadline deals in NHL. The eve of it was virtually action-less... Pens are going for the Cup THIS YEAR! Adding Marian Hossa to the already super-stud lineup that includes Malkin and The Kid! Hal Gill's acquisation from the Leafs will be of much help in the playoffs.
This was a bold move by Ray Shero. Hossa is a great addition to our already super line. Finally, we are getting healthy and soon will get back Sid, Fleury and Gary Roberts. Gil is a good physical presence. Exciting times in da Burgh. Mario wants a cup as an owner now!
Old February 27, 2008, 10:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Pens gave up too much for a rental player. Hossa is good but this move will get them in trouble. They have to sign too many young players. Malkin, Staal, Malone, Orpik, Letang and Fleury. Can't possibly sign Hossa. They gave away a good prospect in Angelo Esposito once ranked #1 by the NA scouts. Plus two roster players in Colby Armstrong who is a good role player could be valuable in the playoffs because of his leadership. He can put the puck in the net and plays hard in both ends of the rink; one of the very few in the penguins who actually backcheck. Christianson was a solid defensive 3rd liner with -3 plus and minus. Considering the fact that penguins play high risk high reward offense so that's a pretty good stat. Furthermore they gave away their 2008 first round draft pick which has greater pool of talent compared to last 3-4 years. Unless Penguins win the cup, it will turn out to be a horrible trade. Hossa with the Sens did absolutely nothing except for one series against the leafs. Back than Yashin was a star but only looked to collect pay check after that. I think Hal Gill is a better pick up because they only gave up (a late round) 5th or 6th round draft pick. Gill is big and strong and in the playoff his stay at home defensive style will be a great asset. Even with all these trades unless the goaltending is there, they won't go far. As of now they would play the habs who are tough on the road and starting to turn it around at home. Yes they upgraded but gave up way too much. Oh yeah they got Pascal Dupuis who stats are worst then Colby Armstrong who in 21 of 25 of his last games has a plus and minus of (+9) and that ranks third on the NHL. Can't believe they gave up Colby as well.
Old February 27, 2008, 12:26 PM
Cricket Guru

You are obviously on top of your game Ishstylish circketer! You do have a lot of legit points. We may have given up too much for a rental player, though he is very good, unless we win the cup or able to resign him for a longer contract. You have to remember that this Pens are not the bankrupt organization that they were a few years ago. New arena is coming. Games are always sold out and have a waiting period for season tkt's much like the Steelers across the river. Primary owner Ron Burkle is a billionaire and wants a winning franchise. Revenue sharing will also kick in. We do have a lot of young great players but most are under contract. In the future, we may have to give up somebody, but that goes with every team. We are not mortgaging the future. We had a ton of high picks in last six years and the cream of that crop will remain here : Sid, Malkin, Staal, Letang etc. Colby is a good team guy, but for a no.1 pick, he never panned out the way we would have liked. Christensen is a center in a team already blessed with Sid, Malkin and Staal! Where do you play him? Fourth line? If we traded Staal or a Ryan Malone, I would be upset, but we didn't, and as much as I liked Colby, he aint no Hossa.We still have a lot of character guys in the team i.e, Talbot, Ruttu, Roberts, Kennedy, Hall etc. Don't forget the best fighter/enforcer in the league also plays for Pens. About 1st round pick: Lets say, we don't need any at the moment or in the immediate future. Esposito may turn to be a good player though his stock fell in the draft. He is still a few years away from being NHL ready. Its a myth that Colby was the only one who backchecked. Almost every player back checks these days under Therrien. Goalie? Heard about Conklin? Check his stats. The way the East is cramped this year, we had to a make a big move to help us go over the top. Only time will tell if it works or not. I am only worried about this year right now. I heard Montreal had jersey made for Hossa! Too bad..
Old February 28, 2008, 03:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Conklin is kinda old. He's having a good year. He's moved around a lot. Played in Edmonton for awhile. He didn't perform well there so I am not convinced that he can deliver in the crunch though if Fleury's healthy he won't get to play much. Fleury's used to facing lot of shots. If played in the QMJHL, you see goals and saves not a lot of defence. He can do the job provided that the rebounds are taken care of. In playoffs if you don't get the goaltending offense won't matter. Hossa's record like most europpean players are pretty abysmal in playoffs but pens have lot of good canadian guys with character. Colby will be missed in playoffs for sure. Dupuis is a decent 3rd liner played under Jaques Demers and Hitchkoch so should be a good checking player. Gill's pick up great. Pens should have gotten someone like Chad Kilger. Hossa's addition is good but if they don't win and can't sign him and lose assets it's a horrible deal in the long run. Almost as bad as the Alexei Yashin deal: Sens got Spezza and Zideno Chara for him. I wonder who won the trade. Mike Milbury in his time made some stupid trades. As a habs fan I was disappointed that Hossa didn't come to Montreal but I like our team. I was hoping we could get Tanguay but flames wouldn't trade him. But it's good that we didn't lose any of our roster player other than Huet who was struggling in the last 4 games he played. Ryder's starting to find the net, the two K brothers are playing well. Plekanec is doing well as number one centreman, the load is off Koivu a little; things looking up. Habs are missing Ribero though. Should have really tried hard to sign him. This guy was touted as the Habs saviour and we didn't offer him a decent deal. Goaltending is a real issue though. Carey Price is young and still new but if Ken Dryen could do it so can he. Our defence is good and he have the best powerplay, if you can keep it close 5 on 5 we have a shot. Let's just say we are all hoping that the Price is right. Pardon the pun.

Last edited by Ishtylish cricketer; February 28, 2008 at 07:28 PM..
Old February 28, 2008, 03:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
You are obviously on top of your game Ishstylish circketer!
Come from Montreal, Hockey's a religion there. Enough's said.

Last edited by Ishtylish cricketer; February 28, 2008 at 07:28 PM..