facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old September 10, 2008, 03:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Rashard Mendenhall was a stud at Illinois. He would be a good back for the Stealers. Perfect fit. Can catch the ball too. He has the speed and power that all Stealers RBs have to have. Was a five star prospect. Whereas, D Mac was a 4 star so was Felix. The guys went before him in the last draft.

Good on you Beamer. Thanks for sharing.

Old September 11, 2008, 11:23 PM
Cricket Sage

I forgot their names, but the fans who still think the Raiders is a good enough team and will go to play-off, can you please stand up?

I know one has a belei chock... who is the other one?
Old September 15, 2008, 02:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

McFadden was awesome yesterday. What a week this was. So many comebacks, home teams losing, controversy..everything there.
Old September 15, 2008, 02:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I forgot their names, but the fans who still think the Raiders is a good enough team and will go to play-off, can you please stand up?

I know one has a belei chock... who is the other one?
Any doubt? Shala, majhey moddhey monay hoi I can call plays better than the coaches. Both defensive and offensive.

By the way, how did you like the 300 yard rushing by the Raiders? Wait till D-Mac Starts taking direct snaps underneat the center. The WildHog will become the Wild Raiders. Right now for you to ponder, 20 touches 164 yards. Khek!!

Lucky Washington escaped.
Old September 15, 2008, 06:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Joining in late but nice to see the BC NFL fans cheering on their home/favourite teams. Being a canadian, we don't have any home football teams (except for the 8 crapy CFL teams) but for as long as I can remember I've always cheered for the TB-Bucks. The record of 1-1 suggests that the team's doing ok. The offense needs to improve tremendously in order to contend for a playoffs spot in the NFC east. Btw, is there any chance of the Bills moving to tdot in the next 10 years? Thus far they look solid.
Old September 15, 2008, 06:57 PM
Cricket Sage

so wat do u guys think of Matt Cassell??

Farhad bhai koi?? last year koto argue korlen..aiebar gelen koi??
Old September 16, 2008, 09:23 AM
Cricket Savant

I C,
Bills have a big chance in playing in Toronto within a year or two. That would be your home team.

Matt Cassell is holding up good. He haven't faced any dominating defense. A few good hits would show his real mettle. Bichicheck is a fox at foxboro.

Sissy Young wants to quit. lol, you play crap and can't handle boos? He is THE QB and so weak and fragile? I thought he was the chosen one, no? Bad deal for Asaad and Tennessee.

Boys win in a shootout against the birds. 41-37. These two teams may meet again in the playoffs.
Old September 16, 2008, 10:48 AM
Cricket Guru

IC

Tampa Bay play in NFC South, not East. Its a good division with NO Saints and Carolina Panthers. Both are doing well so far.

Bills have a great chance of making the playoffs this year.
Old September 16, 2008, 01:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Felix Jones (rookie) took one to the house last night. 98 yards kick return. Multi-threat.
Old September 16, 2008, 08:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Felix Jones (rookie) took one to the house last night. 98 yards kick return. Multi-threat.
Boy he is fast..All the rookie RB's has done well so far except our Mendehall. Felix Jones, D Mac, Morte ( bears ), Jonathan Stewart. Mendenhall is having a hard time with playing time behind Parker. He also has been fumbling a lot in practice and in pre-season. Hopefully it will pass.
Old September 18, 2008, 08:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Guess who's back?

Too bad Brady's out for the season. Cassel seems to be doing alright on his own though...Hope he keeps it up. 16 off 23 isnt all that bad. Brady only got 13 off 23 in his first game. I'm a bit worried about his reluctance to pass further than 10 yards though. I hear Brady's helping coach him. Next game against weak opposition should be interesting...Thats next week, against Miami :-)

Then again, you never know. I learned that the hard way...
Old September 18, 2008, 08:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
Guess who's back?

Too bad Brady's out for the season. Cassel seems to be doing alright on his own though...Hope he keeps it up. 16 off 23 isnt all that bad. Brady only got 13 off 23 in his first game. I'm a bit worried about his reluctance to pass further than 10 yards though. I hear Brady's helping coach him. Next game against weak opposition should be interesting...Thats next week, against Miami :-)

Then again, you never know. I learned that the hard way...
Welcome back Farhad.

The plays are designed to be less than 10 yard or so. That is to minimise the risk of turnovers and protection of the Quarterback. The only bad side is Randy Moss. Everything else is fine. Also their defense is holding up therefore they are not forced to air it out so far.
Old September 18, 2008, 03:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Stealers gonna be sold? hmm!!! Why ruin a good thing? I think the Rooneys' lost on the financial melt down Wall Street had. Oh Well. Capital market.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
Rooney brother expects Steelers’ decision soon
Old September 19, 2008, 11:29 AM
Cricket Guru

No. Not gonna be sold. The guy who put the offer pulled it yesterday. He is a hedge fund manager from here. The four Rooney brothers will end up selling it to their elder brother, Dan Rooney, the current Chairman of Steelers, so he can have a majority stake and NFL wants it that way.
Old September 19, 2008, 07:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
IC

Tampa Bay play in NFC South, not East. Its a good division with NO Saints and Carolina Panthers. Both are doing well so far.
Thanks Beams. As you can tell my NFL knowledge lacks enormously compared to hockey. I will catch up to you guys in due time. Just hope the Bucks make it to playoffs this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Bills have a great chance of making the playoffs this year.
Yeah, it seems that way. Last time they were in the playoffs, I was in grade 9. They haven't made it eversince. I remember cheering for the Titans thinking that it was all over for them and it would have been had it not been for that miraculous play by Wycheck. It was an action packed game with Johnson at QB but the hollywood finish made that game unforgettable. Btw, was it a forward pass that Wycheck threw/lateraled to Dyson?

Last edited by Ishtylish cricketer; September 19, 2008 at 11:23 PM..
Old September 21, 2008, 05:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Patriot (at home) lost to Dolfin?

Aiyeeee Hai Hai Hai....
Old September 21, 2008, 07:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Pats lost to the worst team in the league...lol..nicee...no wonder cassell never started since high school...this is gonna be a longgggggg season...
Old September 21, 2008, 09:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I C,
Bills have a big chance in playing in Toronto within a year or two. That would be your home team.
I dont think the CFL will allow the Bills to move to TO. There were a lot of people who opposed the idea of the Bills playing some regular season games here in the next few years. They are scared that it will destroy the market for CFL and Toronto Argonauts.
Old September 22, 2008, 09:21 AM
Cricket Savant

What a week!! Raiders lost to a last second field goal by one point. 2-12 in third down convertion. Russel needs to step up.

Colts lost to the Jags. Dallas won their first game in Lambeu field ever. Felix ran 60 yarder for a score. That little juke was good for the pro bowl corner to stop for a second and off he went. The offensing line and receivers blocked great all night long. 200+ rushing.

Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie!! "Wild fin" formation copying from Wild hog plays. New England had no answer. The defense played excellent. NE couldn't keep up. QB for the first time got rattled. Welcome to NFL.

Some close games and some blowouts. Interesting season so far. Bills 3-0 leading the division.
Old September 22, 2008, 03:21 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Skins are (surprisingly) up 2-1, wooooooohoooooooooooooo.... This shows you what a sucker I am for mental abuse. I pick the worst team out of the ten in cricket (not that I had much say in it) and when I finally decide to like football, I had already moved from the Dallas area to the Dulles (DC Metro) area and end up with the RedSkins. At least the Skins win a few. Yesterday's game was to see who makes the least mistakes and thankfully, the Cardinals were hell bent on losing.
Old September 22, 2008, 04:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

NFC East is a Beast of a Division, All the Teams have Winning Records and there Undefeated vs the Rest of the NFL ... Skins only Loss came vs Giants and Eagles lost to The Cowboys
Old September 22, 2008, 07:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Falcons are 2-1 baby!!!!!!! I like what Mike Smith is doing down here in the ATL. He is going back to the basics.
Old September 23, 2008, 07:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Bucks won! 2-1 so far. Beams, preseason hockey started already. Can't wait. Habs lost against Bruins but many regulars didn't play. Felt really weird to see Wade Redden in Rangers uniform. Rangers also added Nedved. They will be tough competition in the east. Sens's back-end is a bit short handed. They are relying on youngsters to make up for the Redden loss. Beams all that means is that in the East your beloved Pens will be one of the clear cut favourites.
Old September 23, 2008, 10:23 AM
Cricket Guru

I am not sure IC. Too many character players have left. I told you that free agency was about to decimate us and it did. I don't think we will get that magic back this season. I am cautiously optimistic. Time is one our side though. If we can win two-three cups in next ten years with this team, I will be very happy. I just don't see it this year. Every team in the East is improved, except us. Satan is no replacement for Hossa. Neither is Fedotenko for Malone. Lets see what happens. We should make the playoffs though..Lets put all the NHL talk in the proper thread though.

Steelers laid a big goose egg vs Philly. Overrated once again..
Old September 23, 2008, 07:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Eli's really stepped his game up since last year. Guess a little confidence is all he really needed... Shame about the Pats though. Defense was absolutely clueless. Coaching wasnt all that great either. I still havent given up on Cassel though. He's definitely got potential...Just got thrown off guard a little bit...Just like the rest of us...