facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 24, 2011, 04:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Default Banglaguy's Collection of Short stories.

Some short stories written by me, indulging into the depths of daily life.

Story 1:

And as the light grew while darkness fell, Taylan would soon wake from his slumber. For verily, his alarm clock knows best. And slowly, at the inevitable time, his alarm clock strikes as though hell was breaking loose, and no man would be spared. In great haste, Taylan fought valiantly against his will to sleep, and reached the depths of the alarm clock, and will all his might, it was though through a divine intervention, he has ceased the chaos. He exclaimed to the world "Only 5 more minutes...". And so, the time space continuum snapped, and 5 minutes passed in 30 minutes. As the great man woke from his slumber, he was infuriated, and with all his might bellowed "I don't want to go College" and even though no question was asked, no answer was given....

Story 2:

Chapter 2.

It’s been 5 years since the winter cold. Now as then a beast approaches, stalking, savouring the meal to come. It wasn’t fear that gripped him, but a heightened sense of things. Its eyes glared as though time had been trapped on a never ending journey through the bosoms that this world has to offer. Destruction is all it has seen. Battered. Weary. Dead. As the fiend approached, he noticed a small book titled “Shaylabuwa” in his pocket, and upon opening it, searching for an answer to the simplest question, his eyes lit up. His lips trembled, and as though there was no mountain higher he bellowed out, not in fear, but in shock: “Who the **** wrote this ****?”. And then from then on, it was proclaimed, it was never to be seen by another, and when the simplest question is asked, he will get what is his right.

Story 3:

So he came to the place he has been many a time before. He walks in the same way he has done a thousand times before, sits down, pulls out a cigarette and lights it for a thousandth time. The sharp yet satisfaying clink of his lighter can be heard by the dead. The very fabric of reality trembles. Just enough to notice. He inhales. His eyes were closed. The place, home, abode, call it what you may. For him, home was were he laid to sleep when the time came. It was decrepit, it always was, the hand of another had not touched the walls nor the floor. That is why it was so pure. He paid no notice of the works of art that occupied the spaces around him. Art is only art if it is appreciated, if not, what is the difference between an empty canvas and the Mona Lisa? He didn't think much of Lisa. He mumbles an old folk song. The one about a young man falling in love with a fair maiden. It always was so. So much repetition, he had grown bored of it, but if he didn't remember it by mumbling, he would forget it and run the danger of hearing it sung. He exhaled.He had a curious relationship with his coat. Unlike most people, he wore his clothes. His clothes did not wear him. Enough time spent sitting. He stood, beside him a mountain, beneath him nobody yet above none either. He was alone. He didn't rank, label or care. That way he is always somewhere where he cannot be reached. Soon nightfell, the stars came up and the sun fell to his slumber and let the other stars have their turn in the sky. Comfort was decanted. It was time to rest after a long day of living.

Story 4:

It was as though the world had stood still. In one collective moment of truth, time froze. Its final war had been won: With it self. And so, as he passed through the night, unaware of his demise, wondering. Waiting. Hope, it is best served unaccompanied. And then, as all hope seemed lost, all faith in the world glaring back at him for one final time, it came to him. As though God himself had answered his silent prayer, the sun was born again. The sun rises and falls like the kingdom of men. Even the mighty must fall, and fall it did. A sheet paper gently entered his mind. His thoughts were at sea, awe-struck by the words that his body was soon to experience... As his mind stayed nor grounded, nor air borne. Beyond him was a vast ocean of nothingness, behind him a sea of sand belies. It wasn't he who controlled his thoughts, and his mind grasped the concept, that this isn't a dream, nor was this reality. It was his mind who controlled his body. The body filled up with void, contemplating. It was not the darkness that gripped him, nor was it the light that saved him. It was nothing. A feeling nor death nor life. It was as though time had frozen. Not for the world, not for God. Time had frozen for him.

Story 5:
He has been walking for centuries, the ground hurts as he treads softly. That night he dreamt of being at peace, it was a nightmare. His boots gather dust from the trail, he does not mind too much, it shows where he has been so he does not clean it. His face is as worn as the leather on his boots, he does not mind that either. His scars from battle and love alike he displays proudly, for those make me who I am, he says. His scars of circumstance he does not like to show, he does not like the idea of bending down to the will of chance. His hair follows him slightly, slowly dancing in the breeze as he walks with his hands in his pocket. Yes, all in all a half man. Rarely does a man die whole, rarely does a man die filled with happiness. Men die with contempt in their heart. Contempt at the universe, contempt at their loved ones, contempt at chance. ‘Why?’ is the question, he does not plan on asking the question just so silence can be spat in his face. He is too proud. So he forever lives.

Credit where it is due: Naimul Chachu and Fahima for telling me to open the thread

Old October 24, 2011, 06:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Great Work BG. I loved your writing. Keep writing chacchu !!
Old October 24, 2011, 07:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

WOW!! BRILLIANT!!! You should write more BG
Old October 24, 2011, 08:06 AM
Cricket Guru

I really liked this line. Quite similar situation what i have been going through lately. Its my signature now

Quote:
The body filled up with void, contemplating. It was not the darkness that gripped him, nor was it the light that saved him. It was nothing. A feeling nor death nor life.
Old October 24, 2011, 08:11 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Mashallah Shafi. You got the skill. Expecting many more from you

Why are you so quiet these days?
Old October 24, 2011, 08:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

where can I get this "Shaylabuwa" books damn it.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old October 24, 2011, 06:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Haha, it's just a name I made up

Yeah, hopefully Chachu and Apu's and what not, I don't seem to have the time much any more but I will continue doing so

Thanks guys
Old October 24, 2011, 06:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
I really liked this line. Quite similar situation what i have been going through lately. Its my signature now
Man, I hope life picks up for you, your one of the nicer people here

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Mashallah Shafi. You got the skill. Expecting many more from you

Why are you so quiet these days?
Thanks Chach, I'll try, I have a story in my head describing a chosen one (not me).

I don't want to get banned, so I try keep a little patience.
Old October 26, 2011, 08:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers
Thumbs up Super like your short stories

MashAllah Shafi/Banglaguy! Your short stories are really good. Keep writing bro!
Old October 27, 2011, 06:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Inshallah bro, I have a little story in mind, it's about some one being born.
Snippet:

Quote:
And from the ashes he rises, breathing, living. Yet, as doesn't best know, he is ever closer to death.The earth shook and the mountains cried, and in there belies a truth. A purity.
Old October 30, 2011, 12:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Number 6:
It rises from the dust, into the glaring sun. Spread wings, an immortal being. Soaring into the heavens, but only crashing into the earth. It was clear to him from then. Death was not an option. It was to be him or his freedom. And through the rifts of time he travels, to the moment of his birth. Screaming. Writhing. Upon him descends all the hopes of mankind, and best it laid upon him. For it was the night of power. And through the fiery depths of the oceans, and the clear blue pain the sky induces, it was coming back to him. And he fights the urge to live, the compassion for mankind blazing inside his eyes. He endures it for them; the most noble sacrifice has been made. But verily, he does not know his fate, what has the life here and beyond got in store for him? And through the misty haze and the broken shrouds it descended upon him. It was nor Darkness, nor was it light. And so it was prescribed to him and him alone. The pain was a relief, to know that it was him who really controlled the atoms which shaped the world. Time shatters. Remnants flying all over the place. Light and dark. Big and small. It was clear to him now. He is the chosen one. And let it be known, that on this day, a chosen one was born.
Old October 30, 2011, 04:01 PM
Cricket Savant

^^Not feeling it Shafi. i know you can do better...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 30, 2011, 05:06 PM
Cricket Legend

I know, it was quite a poor attempt if I do say so myself. It wasn't coming as fluently to my head as the others were, and hopefully, I can pick my game up.
Old October 30, 2011, 05:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
^^Not feeling it Shafi. i know you can do better...
Who is this Shafi.
Old October 30, 2011, 05:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Who is this Shafi.
Some next guy. We should burn him alive.
Old October 31, 2011, 05:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

Great stuff, Shafi!
I'm soo proud of you :P

Do continue writing. We're all waiting for more
Old November 1, 2011, 12:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Story 7:
Another sleepless night. Seconds spent gazing at the heavens. Watching stars come to life and worlds being born. So futile. The land will eventually grow so far and wide that every blade of grass shall be separated by a mountain, every form of energy will be almost as lonely as the wanderer himself. There will be some men and women who will achieve victory over fate. Even stone can be shattered by the will of a strong man. All should endeavour to leave the world a better place than when they came into it, it is the duty of every man and woman. I, the Shepherd, the Wanderer, call me what you want, they’re just names. I charge you to be better than me, do me the honour and love of being a better person than me. If everyone had to be better than the person before them the human race will find no limit. Only then will I truly rest, in life and in peace.
Old November 1, 2011, 12:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Story 8:
A blade? So stab me with it. A fine man once said, “Kill me, you will only kill a man.” His legacy is still remembered today and probably will be forever. I paraphrased, isn’t life just a huge paraphrase in any case? The universe has a twisted sense of humour. So I laugh in a twisted fashion. If life was interpreted verbatim, nobody would survive, nobody would want to – There would be no purpose. Seasons change, people don’t. He walks tall but he offers his hand to all, he wants to be dwarfed by those he gives his hand to. Today, the night is longer than usual, the stars lived for a minute, the world suffered while he didn’t sleep. So a word is uttered, he prefers them spoken, words that are uttered cause resent. He prefers his conversations to be as direct as the tip of a dagger.
Old November 1, 2011, 07:02 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Emo much?
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
Old November 1, 2011, 07:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Story 7:
Another sleepless night. Seconds spent gazing at the heavens. Watching stars come to life and worlds being born. So futile. The land will eventually grow so far and wide that every blade of grass shall be separated by a mountain, every form of energy will be almost as lonely as the wanderer himself. There will be some men and women who will achieve victory over fate. Even stone can be shattered by the will of a strong man. All should endeavour to leave the world a better place than when they came into it, it is the duty of every man and woman. I, the Shepherd, the Wanderer, call me what you want, they’re just names. I charge you to be better than me, do me the honour and love of being a better person than me. If everyone had to be better than the person before them the human race will find no limit. Only then will I truly rest, in life and in peace.
Inspired by Paulo Coelho's 'The Alchemist' ?
Old November 1, 2011, 07:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Inspired by Paulo Coelho's 'The Alchemist' ?
Loosely yeah, my friend was telling me about it
Old January 2, 2012, 07:22 PM
Cricket Legend

As the moon makes it's final stand, only darkness lies in it's path. A hope of a new day is yet to come, and all it can do is hope...
All it can do is pray. Another sleepless night amongst many, a jewel amongst stones. A diamond in the rough. Though man is slowly waking from it's slumber, the moon's about to begin it's journey, over the hill.
And it weeps a fair good night, as in the end, it dies from the light. His brother betrays him, and stabs him in the dark. Little does he know, that darkness will fall once again. Over the hill, the young prince waits.

The prince of the heavens. The moon.
Old January 3, 2012, 01:20 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

You should send these to magazines. A few of them are publication quality.
Old January 3, 2012, 01:42 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Nice ones..I really like them. Hoping for more to come.
Old January 3, 2012, 03:26 PM
Cricket Legend

If you can give me a link to magazine's which are likely to publish any one or some of these, I would be most grateful

And thank you bhai, when I get the time, I will definitely write more