facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 20, 2012, 10:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib
Default Nafees & Trego

Does anyone know if both were sacked as Captain or if it is related to injuries?

both seem to be out of the XI.

Old February 20, 2012, 01:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Both are not playing due to their performance. Alok was forced to take captaincy from Trego as he seems to have been sacked by Sylhet management. Nafees isnt being played by their management team as BB thinks their foreign recruit top order can do the job for them and Nafees isn't needed for the team combination.

I dont think Trego performed as miserable as rest of their team has so far and Nafees not being selected is really questionable. Even Ashraful is playing for Dhaka and they had better players than him in the fold. Nafees hasn't clicked and takes atleast few deliveries before he starts firing unfortunately he hasnt been given that many chances!!
Old February 20, 2012, 01:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Both are not playing due to their performance. Alok was forced to take captaincy from Trego as he seems to have been sacked by Sylhet management. Nafees isnt being played by their management team as BB thinks their foreign recruit top order can do the job for them and Nafees isn't needed for the team combination.

I dont think Trego performed as miserable as rest of their team has so far and Nafees not being selected is really questionable. Even Ashraful is playing for Dhaka and they had better players than him in the fold. Nafees hasn't clicked and takes atleast few deliveries before he starts firing unfortunately he hasnt been given that many chances!!
If the captain doesn't come out to bat who is to blame? What is unfortunate here?
Old February 20, 2012, 01:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
If the captain doesn't come out to bat who is to blame? What is unfortunate here?
I read it in one of the Bengali newspaper is that their management made the decision.. it wasn't up-to Nafees to decide the order. The unfortunate part is right there.. if the captain isnt given the freedom to make choices or selection!!
Old February 20, 2012, 01:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

thanks for the input Dhakablues. Can you point to a source or is this opinion based?

If the captain is not given the power, that is concerning. If that wasn't the case then Nafees has no one to blame but himself.

I don't think Trego should've been removed entirely from the XI, but he had a poor SR as a batsman for one consuming so many balls and with the available options, it didn't make sense that he was bowling his quota of 4 every match.
Old February 20, 2012, 03:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Source: Inqilab.com ( please don't bash me for reading that newspaper, I only read the sports section to my defence..)
Old February 20, 2012, 06:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
thanks for the input Dhakablues. Can you point to a source or is this opinion based?

If the captain is not given the power, that is concerning. If that wasn't the case then Nafees has no one to blame but himself.

I don't think Trego should've been removed entirely from the XI, but he had a poor SR as a batsman for one consuming so many balls and with the available options, it didn't make sense that he was bowling his quota of 4 every match.
Ya true. He is still better than many others in the team.
Old February 21, 2012, 05:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Source: Inqilab.com ( please don't bash me for reading that newspaper, I only read the sports section to my defence..)
No other daily had that info and only the proud inqilab got it. wow!! Opener captain icon player not coming out to bat even when 6 down and the team needed him the most. Mgmt or not I would resign immidiately.
Old February 21, 2012, 05:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

PA -কিন্তু গত ম্যাচে তো আপনিই অধিনায়কত্ব করলেন। পিটার ট্রেগো দল থেকেই বাদ...

অলক: ট্রেগোকে না খেলানোর কারণ আমাদের পেস আক্রমণে রাজুকে (আবুল হাসান) ফেরানো হয়েছিল। সঙ্গে সোহেল তানভির আছে। দুজন পেসার খেলানোর সিদ্ধান্ত ছিল, সঙ্গে নতুন আরও দুজন বিদেশি আসায় টিম কম্বিনেশনের কারণেই ট্রেগো খেলেনি।্রতখন ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজি থেকে আমাকে বলা হয় অধিনায়কত্ব করতে। আমিও ভাবলাম, কিছুতেই যখন কিছু হচ্ছে না, একটু চেষ্টা করে দেখি।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...22/news/226854
Old February 22, 2012, 02:42 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

But he played an anchor role imo, kapali, kamran, IK, all have been throwing their bats around...So they can do only worse without trego
Old February 22, 2012, 11:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Even when Nafees was playing he didnt seem like a captain. He was fielding in the outfield and not motivating his players like Shakib or Mushfiq or Riyad would
Old February 22, 2012, 11:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Even when Nafees was playing he didnt seem like a captain. He was fielding in the outfield and not motivating his players like Shakib or Mushfiq or Riyad would
Jeesh - have you checked your PM?
Old February 22, 2012, 11:43 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
I think he can make an excellent test captain, but how do you suppose he will motivate the other players in a T20 match when his own performance is total crap.