facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 3, 2006, 08:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Arrow If i were a Bangladesh, i would ...

feel bad for a couple of hours, maybe a day or two at max, and move on.

What else, it's just a cricket damn it. Losing by a hair-thin margin - i understand your anguish, but then ODIs have always been unpredictable on that score. Heck, who would've predicted that India would've lost 4-1 to the WI side? And each of the match (bar one) was on the knife edge and decided in the last over or so. WI were rated far lower on all accounts and yet they came out trumps.

They played better.

It is always like that.

With more and more matches being played, we'll see lot more last ball sixes to finish the game. 1 ball and 2 run to win is as difficult as 1 ball six runs to win or 1 ball 4-run to win. I personally feel that 1 ball-six runs to win has less pressure than 1 ball 2 runs to win. Batsman swings wildly - he connects, he is the hero. He doesn't connect - his team loses by 4 runs and no one blames him. But in a 1 ball - 2 runs to win scenario - if the batsman fails to score, the whole team is gonna cry and everyone is gonna blame him.

Bottomline - it is a new day (or night here) and i am sure BD players and fans alike are gonna rinse their hankies, wash their face, grab some tea and go get them Zimbos. There is everything to fight for and no room for complacency or mercy anymore.

And btw, threads like "Was Mashrafe bribed", "Saddest day of my life", "If i were a bangladeshi, i would kill myself" only make me think that more people from this forum should join me in my Pabna Enclosure and get some wisdom from Pagla Baba.

My pabna and non-pabna colleagues, cheer up

Last edited by DJ Sahastra; August 3, 2006 at 08:19 PM..

Old August 3, 2006, 09:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

I support you

JOY PAGLA BABA!!
Old August 3, 2006, 09:49 PM
Cricket Legend

It's a way of expressing our anger to our beloved players. Definitely the purpose wasn't what was mentioned in those threads. So take it easy and bear with that. I'm pretty sure deep inside our minds we all are hoping for a geat turnaround by BD. Some of us may have dreamt for this new day already.
Old August 3, 2006, 11:58 PM
Club Cricketer

dj and nsd 3 fantastic thainking in the proper time. cricket is a game only. have to loose sometimes in such a bad way. eng lost to sri 5-0 in english condi.bd is now in international arena and we will have lots of lots of opportunity to play.things will changes within a moment.

Most impotantly this is not the time to stop ourself what we did 8-10 years back.we palysed only 3 match in whole year.
but now we r playing 30+ matches in a yaer with tough opponent.part of life.

Our palyers (tigers) giving us some bright moment so, we should give them some mercy...they al;ways try to win..thats for sure.cheer up boys..we will go long way..
Old August 4, 2006, 12:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

I guess now we kinda feel what Australia felt when they were downed by Bangladesh,,,This should be a motivation, the firepower needed to win the rest of the matches, not to take anyone lightly, play professionally and moreover "SELECT A TEAM WITH A CRICKET MIND". There was no point in giving Javed Omar another chance, there shouldve been planning about the last over, if Mashrafee didnt want to bowl, Mashud shouldve given it to another non orthodox medium pacer like Aftab. Offcourse we dont know what happend on field but off the field Bangladesh totally under estimated Zimbabwe. This is an ODI not test where you get a second chance. I earnestly hope that Bangladesh today will play with their true merits but respect the Zimbabwens for their spirited fight and iron nerves.