facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 17, 2012, 08:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by XumoN
i think just being extra careful cost us the match.Tamim should have batted in attacking manner to give a fine start.Extra carefulness cost everything.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
It cant be a fact in this stage. They just couldn't deliver like so many times

Old November 17, 2012, 08:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

Ok Bang fans i'm sure many have been waiting for my professional opinion!! , so here it goes, the fact is there's no hiding place in this great game we call cricket, and thats why there are rankings for a reason, and that was evident today, the way i see it there are three levels, bottom is NZ- Bang and Zim, middle is Pak-SL and WI and then there are the top lot, SA-India-Aus and England, although to be fair Pak are probably in between the top and middle as they can beat anyone on their day,

But what is the point i'm making? the point is nine times out of ten the higher ranked side tends to come out on top in the tight situations, we played Australia earlier this year and we pushed them in several sessions and put them under massive pressure, but inevitablely we had one bad half an hour with the bat or most common letting the tail wag for too long and thats it, GAME LOST, so every team has their struggles,

I admit i was nervous last night, but deep down i always felt we'd put up a fight if we set a decent target, lets be real here half the side have just won a world cup in the lions den, so Tigers fans packing in the stadium and making big noise was never gonna phase us,

Tiger fans might have expected to win this after the way day four ended, but we're not a "minnow" like (what i believe is a fake WI fan) "dman" implied, we're a team who have battled to draws with both Sri-lanka and Pakistan and just whitewashed NZ, infact the only team we've lost to under Gibson's reign who was not ranked in the top two was Australia, and that was after they destroyed India and we were without Gayle, Narine, Samuels and Ramdin,

I'm sure Bang will have more chances to win a test in the future, maybe even the next one if things go your way, but i did feel there was a little arrogence at the end of day four, especially when Mushy got in Permaul's face and was screaming at him after he got out late in the day, i felt that was disrespectful and in the end he's ended up being the loser,

Moving forward i hope we don't make the same mistake we did in this test and play with a batsman short, we're one up already so no need to risk it, i suspect Deonarine will come in for one of the spinners, also Best done really well and i'm chuffed for him, but if anyone believes he's gonna stay in the side long term ahead of a world class talent like Roach then they are truly deluding themselves .
Old November 17, 2012, 08:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Rox
SN looked good in both the innings. Played some delightful shots. Just couldn't consolidate. Anyways, RIP to BD, for a shameful defeat.
I am sure that I don't understand cricket
Old November 17, 2012, 08:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Anamul, Mominul, and Enamul Haque jr. They deserve selection (all of them Haque's btw....LOL)
Old November 17, 2012, 09:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

Descent win by the Windies team. This was definitely you guys game to win but a rare once in a life time performance from Tino gave us this game else it would have been an easy victory for you all. I am very disappointed in Narine and I think he won't be effective in tests as Permaul or Shillingford.

Btw don't listen to this WIndieFan he's another poster on a WI forum trying to push his West Indian propaganda on everyone.
Old November 17, 2012, 09:45 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan
Descent win by the Windies team. This was definitely you guys game to win but a rare once in a life time performance from Tino gave us this game else it would have been an easy victory for you all. I am very disappointed in Narine and I think he won't be effective in tests as Permaul or Shillingford.

Btw don't listen to this WIndieFan he's another poster on a WI forum trying to push his West Indian propaganda on everyone.
every fanbase has trolls..among us too

anyway congrats for the win..this is how better teams win
Old November 17, 2012, 09:47 AM
Banned

did we mess everything up in the first innings? WI declared 4 wickets down @ 500+ runs.
Old November 17, 2012, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Amader playerra ekjon arekjoner theke boro loser. But oder thekeo boro loser holo head coach. Shob koytare chair er shathe baindha *whip* kora uchit. Pathetic, pathetic bunch of sissies. Excuses for international cricketers. Go play danguli with Ganguly.
Old November 17, 2012, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Disgusting, absolutely disgusting performance. They should be fined for this, each and every one of them. The coach should be throwing furniture around in the dressing room about now, but what can you expect when he's the sorest loser of them all?
Old November 17, 2012, 10:18 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

^Shudu fine korle hobena. Public mair dite hobe. nara matha kore, jutar mala poriye pura dhaka sohor gurate hobe.
Old November 17, 2012, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
^Shudu fine korle hobena. Public mair dite hobe. nara matha kore, jutar mala poriye pura dhaka sohor gurate hobe.
+ Gadhar pithey choriye

Amader deshe public humiliation + maair er upor oshudh nai. Public je gali dey, oigula to aar emni emni dey na. Gali na khaile Bangali kaam kore na.
Old November 17, 2012, 10:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Disgusting defeat in front of ICC president !! Mushi is lucky that Lotus Kamal is no longer BCB chief ,
otherwise it would have his last captaincy !!
Still this looser is barking about lack of experience !!!
Old November 17, 2012, 10:31 AM
Cricket Legend

This is test cricket I guess, all your hard work for 4.5 days can get undone in a session. Even after our highest score and gazi's fantastic 2nd innings figure... such a big defeat seems so unreal. One partnership would have done it...just one..

Chest high and a bit outside the offstump deliveries makes our batsmen absolutely clueless and Tino Best did that very well in the 2nd innings, kinda saw it coming esp when our batsmen were so defensive given the context of the match.
Old November 17, 2012, 10:50 AM
Banned

Not surprised at end result. 1st innings was too good to be true.
Old November 17, 2012, 11:00 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
1. i don't frequent wi boards

2. your posts here were so pro Bang that people believed you were trying to jinx them

Do yourself a favor and stop embarrassing yourself, you're not a WI fan, anyone who reads your silly posts drenched in anti WI rhetoric can see that, and quite frankly you're simply not intelligent enough to fool people for long.

I think that guy thinks he is in some kind of popularity contest..

Good win Windies..My favourite team by a distance.Nice to see plenty bangladeshi fans at the stadium.Thought this match would be a dull draw but this turned out be one awesome match.WI should go in with Deonarine instead of narine next match.This WI batting lineup as of now is too weak..cant rely on "talk nuh" Ramdin for very long..

Looks like Mashrafe has fallen way behind these days..
Old November 17, 2012, 11:10 AM
Test Cricketer

"BD the collapse master".
I approved this message.
Old November 17, 2012, 11:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

bhais, jara harlo tara to shundor biriyani kheye beracche...apnader eto kosto korar ki maney ? ghum nosto korar ki dorkar ? blood pressure jodi baraitei hoy tahole beshi kore biriyani khaan ar biri fuken...bd player der khela dekhe blood pressure baranor kono maney nai !
Old November 17, 2012, 12:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I just can't understand how six of our batsman who scored 40+ in the 1st innings couldn't even reach 30s in 2nd innings.
Just shocking.
I'll only forgive them if they win the 2nd test.
Old November 17, 2012, 12:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I just can't understand how six of our batsman who scored 40+ in the 1st innings couldn't even reach 30s in 2nd innings.
Just shocking.
I'll only forgive them if they win the 2nd test.
2nd test will lose by an innings
Old November 17, 2012, 12:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
2nd test will lose by an innings
ya,I think that should be the initial target.
Old November 17, 2012, 01:02 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

We still can't seem to handle the pressure of being in a winning situation. Tamim for all his big talk about always playing his natural game became circumspect when he actually could have pushed WI on the backfoot. If the target had been 450, i am sure he would played differently. Our batsman play well when we are thought to be down and out and when people have zero expectation. Even within a single innings if we are out of the game due to loss of early wkts, we then start to bat well and once a partnership builds and a glimmer of hope shows up we start losing wkts again. This has been our story for a decade now.
Old November 17, 2012, 01:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Blanked out on my midterm, stayed up to watch what I thought could have been an historic moment.
Not worth it and never again.
Old November 17, 2012, 01:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
We still can't seem to handle the pressure of being in a winning situation. Tamim for all his big talk about always playing his natural game became circumspect when he actually could have pushed WI on the backfoot. If the target had been 450, i am sure he would played differently. Our batsman play well when we are thought to be down and out and when people have zero expectation. Even within a single innings if we are out of the game due to loss of early wkts, we then start to bat well and once a partnership builds and a glimmer of hope shows up we start losing wkts again. This has been our story for a decade now.
200 % agree
Old November 17, 2012, 01:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
"BD the collapse master".
I approved this message.
Also took the title of 'Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" from Pakistan
Old November 17, 2012, 01:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
I am sure that I don't understand cricket
Me neither.