facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 12, 2011, 04:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Was this a first?

A buddy of mine noted that while we've been scrapping through in nail-biters 5 games on the trot now (actually the loss against ZIM was the lone blip in that otherwise 5-game streak), we've closed the game out with the bat before. We always defended and bowled the opposition out.

Also, I think this is the first time we've beaten an established side at the ZACS. All previous wins, by my count 5 of them have come at Mirpur. Good for the chittagong fans to experience the joys. And that too such a WC classic.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old March 12, 2011, 05:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

First win against G8 sorry G7 side.
First ODI played under lights at ZACS
Old March 12, 2011, 06:52 PM
Test Cricketer

al_furqaan,

I think you had a typo "we've NEVER closed the game out with the bat before".....is what i think you meant to say.

If you remember the India match in the last world cup....we closed it out with the bat, right?

Apologies if that's not what you were referring to. IMO we've been very very lucky to have played lower-ranked teams like NZ and Zim that simply could not cope with our conditions. Coupled with our now world-class ODI bowling attack and Tiger-like preadatory instinct we have been able to eek out victories against these sides.

IMO against the better ranked sides, unless you get early wickets while defeding, its hard for Bangladesh to win. We will not get rid of the habit of losing wickets in bundles anytime soon, so its better to get the opposition out for as low as possible and let the batsmen play according to a more directed plan. Our batting requries minimum risk-taking. Setting a target ALWAYS involves risk-taking.
Old March 12, 2011, 08:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

what i meant by closing out a game with the bat was close games. the India world cup wasn't close at all...we have ash and rahim blocking deliveries for 20 mins just because they could. we had 5 wickets and 15 or so balls left when we finally knocked off the winning runs. it was hardly a thriller.

cardiff win also wasn't close (ie a thriller) because we had 5 wickets in hand and 6 balls to score 7 runs. had it come down to the last ball and needing 3+, it would have counted even if we had 10 wickets in hand.

#OneTeam1Dream