facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 9, 2003, 07:50 PM
BC Editorial Team

Default Audio commentary

While the Pakistan series was on we used to plan in IRC about somebody in Bangladesh to broadcast the commentary through MSN or Yahoo. Can we get something done on those lines.

Old October 9, 2003, 08:20 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

That will be great and we will be able to add something more to our multimedia section. Anyone ready for it?
Old October 9, 2003, 08:47 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

As long as they don't say, "shojorey drive, ball mati kamrey chokher polokey shimanar bairey"!

Isn't BTV showing it? It would be nice if HVB could increase their bandwidth. We should donate some dough....
Old October 9, 2003, 09:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

Nasif wrote:

Quote:
"shojorey drive, ball mati kamrey chokher polokey shimanar bairey"!
Sheer poetry!
Old October 10, 2003, 01:33 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

BTV and Star Sports (of South Asia) will show it.
Old October 10, 2003, 02:32 AM
Cricket Legend

I don't know if any of you guys living in BD have broadband connection or not. But if any of you do have that, and also have a tv capture card on your computer, you can actually record the highlights of the match (recording full live matches would be asking for too much) and then upload it to any Banglacricket.com moderator/administrator. I don't know if Banglacricket has unlimited bandwidth from their provider or not. If yes, they can put those matches up for download in the download section. And if you don't, then you can still shrink the video resolution to 350x280 and cut down the file size to 30/35 MB. Not too large for a day's highlights, eh? If you fear excessive downloads, you can create login/pass for exclusive and regular users to download. But the main question remains, who will bell the cat? Well, if you have a cyber cafe in dhaka with broadband CGS connection, I believe it wouldn't hurt using one computer to upload a 35/40 mb file into a US server. Yes it might take about 3 hours (upload speed of 5 k/s). Night time isn't a bad time for that purpose. Will anyone be that generous to do us this favour? Will anyone in the US/Europe be able to host the files on a server connection (T1 or more)? One music website that I'm associated with, does this. We rip some online webcasts of live concerts and upload it to an administrator. S/he then puts it up for download for about a week, and then the file expires. They use anti-leech software to prevent mass-downloads or leeching. Don't ask me how it works, I don't know it. We can follow the same expiry theory here too though. A week might be too long, so a day or two doesn't sound too bad. At least, once one of us has the file, we wouldn't mind sharing it with fellow banglacricket friends. At least I wouldn't.
Old October 10, 2003, 03:44 AM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

Carte thats a good idea... I wouldnt mind sharing it if I can dnld the file in the first place... Just need someone really generous to upload it to any webserver...

Another Idea: there is a channel in UK, I think Bangla TV, they supposedly broadcast the day's hightlight and if someone can capture that it will be easier to upload as UK has much better internet connections transfer rate wise... One point though I am not sure if Bangla TV will air the highlight from BD-Eng series... They did that for BD-Pak series... So if someone from UK who has a TV card then wishes to record the video and then compress it to wmv (via windows movie maker, all XP users will have this software) or if a little more experienced compress with a Divx encoder.... A one hour show would be like max 40-60 MB at 350x280 rez...

Okk now ideas are given... anyone wants to carry it out and need some help u can contact me via MSN... anyone who will do this will be doing the ppl staying abroad a great favor...

Ok now I have to run for a midterm... I have it in 15 mins... everyone pray for me... i dont even have time to proofread this post... will do it once I get back

C ya
Old October 10, 2003, 01:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

[Edited on 6-11-2004 by Nascer]
Old October 10, 2003, 01:28 PM
First Class Cricketer

According to cricinfo, they're going to broadcast live videos of the Eng-BD series - I don't know what the real story is ..

http://www.cricket.org/livevideo/
Old October 10, 2003, 01:33 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

cricinfo's video will be paid service
Old October 10, 2003, 03:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

And I think the ppl in North America Can't able to link to the feed.

Prohor
Old October 10, 2003, 05:06 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

Sorry Nascer... Totally forgot abt the Mac/Linux people out there... but I am sure there is Divx for both of Linux and Mac....

and ummmm.... the encoding of the files kinda comes later.... Firstly is there anyone who is willing to capture and upload the files???