facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite(favourite?) commentator?
Shamim Chowdhury 2 9.09%
Athar Ali Khan 7 31.82%
Neither, I'd rather mute the TV and listen to Fran Drescher scrawling the blackboard with a chalk 13 59.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 1, 2014, 09:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Noob not because of his performance.

Today he walked away without taking his MoM trophy.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
He has his sight set high. Highest wicket taker in the World Cup.

Old December 1, 2014, 09:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Congratulations Bd team. Well done. Well deserved. Work harder. It was easy to stay up late this time around because the results went our ways.
Old December 1, 2014, 09:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
He has his sight set high. Highest wicket taker in the World Cup.
In Shaa Allah

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 1, 2014, 01:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Dav's Dissection
Quote:
It didn't matter that Zimbabwe batted first for the first time in this series. The pattern was a familiar one. Zimbabwe were in control for the first 10 overs (60/1), and then on the decline from thereon.

Why? Well the answer lies with the inability of the visitors to play spin. It's interesting to note that in 5 ODIs, Zimbabwe lost 32 wickets to spin compared to 14 from the Bangladeshi quicks. There appeared to be a lack of technique on the part of Zimbabwe batsmen in assessing length and working the ball off the back foot. The other alarming factor is the inability with some high order Zimbabwe batsmen to read the googly.

One of my Key Performance Indicators is a one percenter, but can be the difference between winning and losing. Wides. In this series, Zimbabwe gave up 50 per cent more wides than the home team (51 to 22).

The other KPI that I place importance on is singles. Before this match yesterday, the average singles scored by Bangladesh was 119, compared to Zimbabwe's 68.

Where can Bangladesh improve? I reckon they need to nail down a reliable opening bowling pair that is trustworthy. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza did well, but he needs support from the other end. The spinners are doing well enough but apart from Shakib Al Hasan, there is a little inexperience.

Fielding is also an important part of one day cricket and there is much more room for improvement for Bangladesh. What I saw, apart from a few, is that more work needs to be done to raise the level to international standards.
Old December 1, 2014, 01:34 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Bangladesh took 2
Trophy fill up with Banglawash. Congrats to them...and wishing best for world cup 2015 in Australia and new Zealand.
Old December 2, 2014, 01:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Thanks Eshen for the Dav's thoughts.

I think we need to get Nasir back in form. Whatever it takes to get him in form. Shabbir is good but not Nasir.

Unless we move Riyad @3 and free up another position in the middle order and get both Nasir and Shabbir in.

Tamim
Shamsur/Anamul
Riyad
Mushi
Shakib
Nasir
Shabbir
Mash
3 other bowlers.
Old December 2, 2014, 01:06 PM
Cricket Guru

^^IMO, moving Mushfiq at #3 will make more sense, keeping Riyad at #4.
Old December 2, 2014, 01:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
^^IMO, moving Mushfiq at #3 will make more sense, keeping Riyad at #4.
If Mushfiqur Rahim comes at 3 then we may see our tail starts at 6. Sabbir Rahman is not proven and Nasir is out of form !

Unless we find a dependable no.6 and a no.7 (with a proven track record to do the job), I'll Keep Mushfiq at 6.

I guess our coach also think in the similar line, otherwise we would have seen Mushfiq coming at 3 against Zim series.

It's bit unfortunate that YOUNG Soumya Sarker's List-A career average is in mid 20's, otherwise I'm really impressed about what I saw in the 5th ODI. He needs to improve his temperament to boost his average ( through better judgement of shot selection).
Old December 2, 2014, 04:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

^Soumya's response to chin music epitomizes the subcontinental young batsmen. He doesn't know how to defend against a bouncer. Many good players including Raina and Yuvraj have been found out because they couldn't defend off the backfoot. So I'm not expecting anything from him if he's in the WC squad.

At home, he could be a real option at 3. His driving is sublime off the frontfoot.
Old December 2, 2014, 11:02 PM
Cricket Savant

There will be a lot of chin music in Australia by everyone opposing BD. They better get that sorted out before they leave BD. Bring in the marble slab that Siddons brought in before traveling to Australia. they not only staved off the one day test prediction but gave a good account for themselves. Better than many established country who visited there before and after.
Old December 3, 2014, 06:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
There will be a lot of chin music in Australia by everyone opposing BD. They better get that sorted out before they leave BD. Bring in the marble slab that Siddons brought in before traveling to Australia. they not only staved off the one day test prediction but gave a good account for themselves. Better than many established country who visited there before and after.
Agree with TE bhai, we really need to bring those marble slab or anything to be prepared otherwise these 8-0 mean nothing. We all will be shocked to face even Zardan brothers, no to mention MJ.
Old December 3, 2014, 06:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfaq
^Soumya's response to chin music epitomizes the subcontinental young batsmen. He doesn't know how to defend against a bouncer. Many good players including Raina and Yuvraj have been found out because they couldn't defend off the backfoot. So I'm not expecting anything from him if he's in the WC squad.

At home, he could be a real option at 3. His driving is sublime off the frontfoot.
I disagree ever so slightly. We are getting good at playing rising balls. Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiq and Riyad are just as good as anyone. Shabbir, once in, is very severe on anything short. Nasir is the only suspect. Mominul, maybe. Even KaEdge is quite good these days.

Too early to make a judgement on SS.
Old December 3, 2014, 08:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
I disagree ever so slightly. We are getting good at playing rising balls. Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiq and Riyad are just as good as anyone. Shabbir, once in, is very severe on anything short. Nasir is the only suspect. Mominul, maybe. Even KaEdge is quite good these days.

Too early to make a judgement on SS.
I think major problem is the incoming bounce and also the bowl targeting to the body. Our batsmen are vulnerable to these types of delivery. SS dismissal is a classic example