facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

View Poll Results: Who is the Worst World Leader?
George W. Bush (U.S.A) 25 67.57%
Tony Blair (U.K) 8 21.62%
Vladimir Putin (Russia) 1 2.70%
Junichiro Koizumi (Japan) 0 0%
Jacques Chirac (France) 0 0%
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (Iran) 4 10.81%
Pervez Musharraf (Pakistan) 1 2.70%
Manmohan Singh (India) 0 0%
Kim Jong-il (North Korea) 5 13.51%
Fidel Castro (Cuba) 1 2.70%
John Howard (Australia) 4 10.81%
Khaleda Zia (Bangladesh)!!! 14 37.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 18, 2006, 07:04 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Default The Worst World Leader

George W. Bush (U.S.A), Tony Blair (U.K), Vladimir Putin (Russia), Junichiro Koizumi (Japan), Jacques Chirac (France), Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (Iran), Pervez Musharraf (Pakistan), Manmohan Singh (India), Kim Jong-il (North Korea), Fidel Castro (Cuba), John Howard (Australia), Khaleda Zia (Bangladesh)..These are some of the most 'controversial' leaders in the world....

But who do you think is the worst out of the bunch...

Share your opinion...and vote on the poll...and please tell me if i have missed out any wolrd leaders...

Last edited by adel; August 18, 2006 at 07:10 AM..

Old August 18, 2006, 07:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

I see that your list comprises of current heads of the states. If it included opposition leaders as well then my vote for the worst would go for George Bush and Sheikh Hasina tied together at the top of "the worst" list. However Fazal might have a thing or two to say about this choice of mine.
Old August 18, 2006, 07:45 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

i dont think Khaleda Zia is even good enough for that distinguished ranking.
Bangladesh doesnt really count in world socio-political scene.
She ties up with Hasina as one of the worst leaders in OUR country, but dont think the rest of the world really gives a rat's back about it.
and may be im ignorant on that subject, but how does Junichiro Koizumi makes the list of "worst" leaders? i dont think he has done anything that bad, yet.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 18, 2006, 08:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
but how does Junichiro Koizumi makes the list of "worst" leaders? i dont think he has done anything that bad, yet.
Koizumi is considered as another puppy of Bush. May be that is the reason. To me, he is a nationalist who is bounded by Japan's pacifist constitution. He send soldiers to Iraq just to flex his muscle - a step of getting rid of Article 9 of japan's constitution. Initially, it pleased USA, but it might lead to get rid of Article 9 (which USA does not want, but he already set the precedent)
Why Blair is there? Is he a world leader? He is the vicoroy of USA in the UK. Not a world leader. Same goes to Musharaf or according to Pakistani sites Bushaf and Howard.
If Monmohon singh is there then Lula of Brazil. They may be big player in regional politics but not in world stage.
Castro hmm. I am big Castro fan. But I think, world recognize him just because he is winning a battle againest the superpower. In the same regard, venezuellan president would be there. He would be the torch beared of Castro. In the same regard Kim jong il he is just trying to be in the spot light by barking once or twice in a month.
Putin is flexing his muscle to return the good old days of USSR. He may not be western press favorite but seems to be a logical one.
Chirac, what on earth he did to be in this list? To me he is a genuine world leader.
The western press is portaying Ahmednizat as an evil. But I have doubt. If i was in his position, I would do what he have done. Come on your enemy is occupying your neighbor. So you would do whatever to safeguard your country. If this mean building/buying Nuke, then lets do it.

Khaleda Zia does Bush know there is country call Bangladesh and her prime minister is Khaleda Zia.
Putin, Chirac might know. But they do not give a damn.
We are now nobody in OIC let alone world stage. But once we beat mighty Japan to get elected in security council. This may be a barometer how far got down
Old August 18, 2006, 10:29 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

G.W. Bush is by far the worst world leader of present day. As retarded as he is and the things he does, he keeps those other "leaders" as his a$$licking puppies.
Old August 18, 2006, 10:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adel_chain_gang

Share your opinion...and vote on the poll...and please tell me if i have missed out any wolrd leaders...
Funny no one metioned the 2 biggest Jewish-Israeli culprit of the 20th century(to date) after the Lebanon war which just finished responsible for murdering almost 1000 lebanese just a week ago.
Ehud Olmert (Israel)
Ariel Sharon (No innocent leader...had his share of notoriety)
These 2 should have been at the very top. After Bush ofcourse.

King Abdullah (Saudi) and all the long named, oil soaked Bush's puppet kings.

Hugo Chavez(Venezuela)

In my opinion the list is joke. Putting Koizumi and Manmohan Singh and leaving Olmert out.

Last edited by Alien; August 18, 2006 at 10:55 AM..
Old August 18, 2006, 10:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Koizumi is considered as another puppy of Bush.
My friend, the whole world is the puppy of Bush. In fact its in the interest of your nation to be the puppy of Bush. Unless you want to end up like Iran or N.Korea with embargos knocking on your door.
Old August 18, 2006, 02:57 PM
Club Cricketer

Define worst.

Worst = sucks at running the country, or
Worst = has done horrible things for humanity and the world?

Either way, where's Sharon on the list? And I don't think any of our leaders get on that list of yours.
Old August 18, 2006, 04:26 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
Define worst.

Either way, where's Sharon on the list? And I don't think any of our leaders get on that list of yours.
Topic: The Worst World Leader

It's pretty obvious don't you think?
Old August 18, 2006, 06:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Define worst.

Sharon is not the leader of Israel anymore...
Old August 18, 2006, 06:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
i dont think Khaleda Zia is even good enough for that distinguished ranking.
Bangladesh doesnt really count in world socio-political scene.
She ties up with Hasina as one of the worst leaders in OUR country, but dont think the rest of the world really gives a rat's back about it.
and may be im ignorant on that subject, but how does Junichiro Koizumi makes the list of "worst" leaders? i dont think he has done anything that bad, yet.

I had to put a Bengali in.....
Old August 18, 2006, 06:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Chirac, what on earth he did to be in this list? To me he is a genuine world leader.

Well the thing is i dont know if it is Chirac's fault (help me out if you can)...But in France isn't there are a ban on wearing burquas in school....
Old August 18, 2006, 11:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

bush,iran's president, n korea's leader and all the bd leaders
Old August 19, 2006, 12:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

mate..no politicians r saint !! they r all..(most of them) bad.
Old August 19, 2006, 05:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Since when did BD politicians become world leader???
Old August 19, 2006, 07:38 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adolf_hitler
My friend, the whole world is the puppy of Bush. In fact its in the interest of your nation to be the puppy of Bush. Unless you want to end up like Iran or N.Korea with embargos knocking on your door.

That is soooooooooo true.....AGREE 100%
Old August 19, 2006, 08:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Mugabe anyone?
Old August 20, 2006, 06:41 AM
Street Cricketer

Bush is saying he is fighting the war on terror to protect his people form getting killed...But he is killing OTHER (non-american) people to do that...Surely he must be the worst leader among your list....But then again Blair, Howard, Putin etc. are not the greatest of people to represent their respectful countries either...
Old August 20, 2006, 08:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Maybe their nations isn't respectful at all. Jamon shorkar tamon public. Ignorant, selfish, war-monger, devalues human lives with such people living in white house, kremlin and kiribilli people says Hitler is the worst criminal of all time.

I guess the best thing a country can do is to be more independant and try to rely less on American aid. Because aid from a country like USA is not intended to help you but to make you rely on it like heroine and blackmail you into giving into american policies.
Old August 20, 2006, 10:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Maybe their nations isn't respectful at all. Jamon shorkar tamon public. Ignorant, selfish, war-monger, devalues human lives with such people living in white house, kremlin and kiribilli people says Hitler is the worst criminal of all time.
sorry man..but cant agree with ya..
even our BD govt did nothing but some protest and condemnation. does that mean we r on their side as well?? the answer is NO. its just that most of the world ( and i say 98.99%) is powerless to USA. and for countries like BD, we dont even count.

and for those who does, like UK, Aus, they r busy calculating thier profit out of the whole deal. after all, they r all the same ppl u know. always remember, shada shada christan christan bhai bhai oikko porishod. no matter what happens, at the end of the day, they r all mates.

and when the ppl elect their govt, its not based on ONLY 1 factor, ie in this case the iraq war. there r soo many other domestic issues to be considered that sometimes the govt get away with it. i know the majority of the Ozzies opposed the war, as in other countries. too bad the govt had a diff say.

i dont know where u live. sounds like u live in sydney as well. if u remember the protest on march 2003 before the iraq invasion, u might hv a different idea. i hv personally never seen so many ppl coming out and protesting on the street. there were almost a million ppl in and around hyde park in a city with a population of only 4 milion.

blaming the citizen of the country based on what their govt is doing is probably not the best way to define them.
Old August 20, 2006, 11:45 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
even our BD govt did nothing but some protest and condemnation. does that mean we r on their side as well?? the answer is NO. its just that most of the world ( and i say 98.99%) is powerless to USA. and for countries like BD, we dont even count.
Self-owned. What else would you expect BD to do?

It's a bad example. Adolf was talking about people of the powerful nations who do have a say and power to act, and they do nothing. Few activists and demonstrators make little difference when of majority of the population still elect such leaders and pay taxes that go into war.
Old August 21, 2006, 01:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

and for those who does, like UK, Aus, they r busy calculating thier profit out of the whole deal. after all, they r all the same ppl u know. always remember, shada shada christan christan bhai bhai oikko porishod. no matter what happens, at the end of the day, they r all mates.

and when the ppl elect their govt, its not based on ONLY 1 factor, ie in this case the iraq war. there r soo many other domestic issues to be considered that sometimes the govt get away with it. i know the majority of the Ozzies opposed the war, as in other countries. too bad the govt had a diff say.

i dont know where u live. sounds like u live in sydney as well. if u remember the protest on march 2003 before the iraq invasion, u might hv a different idea. i hv personally never seen so many ppl coming out and protesting on the street. there were almost a million ppl in and around hyde park in a city with a population of only 4 milion.

blaming the citizen of the country based on what their govt is doing is probably not the best way to define them.
Sydney, I understand your point of view. But I think you failed to see what I meant.

Lets make it simple...When you live in a democracy you got to understand that people are somewhat responsible for whats happening to your country. Its a price you pay for choosing your leader.

Take for example September 11. For 4 decades before that happened, USA has been screwing with countries like Vietnam, Iraq, Iran, Cuba, Russia, Afghanistan and the list goes on. Apart from a massive demonstration during Vietnam, America's big brother attitude went unchecked and millions of millions have suffered. I dont need to go in details but you know what I am talking about.

Now when people like Bin Laden hit back, crashing planes at WTC, everyone goes nuts and starts pointing finger at Muslims, Arabs. Before it was communism, now its Islam.
But these people dont realise or even bother to ask a simple question.....why would the terrorist do such a thing? These terrorist didnt wake up one morning and decide to crash United Airlines boeing into WTC and pentagon. Its because criminals like American Government and people in this government were voted and filled by the American public. On one else. Once again you live in a democracy, you become a target because George Bush was elected by none other by the US public.

Now you might argue, I chose Howard or Bush for addressing the domestic issues. Well, you also have to look at their global politics aswell. Goes when the terrorist strike, they wont go for White House or Kiribilli, they will go for Harbour Bridge or DisneyLand where its all civilian. Had USA or Australia been a dictator runned country, it would have been easy to dub all the blame on the government, but in countries like these where every thing including the election results are real not fake and fair, you cant say "I am not responsible if Howard or Bush goes and kills 200 Iraqis next morning".
Old August 21, 2006, 07:20 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Sydney, I understand your point of view. But I think you failed to see what I meant.
mate, i completely understand your point of view and i completely agree with ya. i hv asked those questions to myself over and over again. and then im stopped. and u know what i realised ( may be im wrong)

see, some of these folks do ask themselves and realise what's going on with the world. but they r as much powerless as u and me. lot of them hv feel bad, but hey, they got a family to feed, mortgage to pay, kids to raise and bills to pay as well, like rest of us. so when electing a govt and trying to solve Iraq's problem, they rather look at who's gonna give them a better economy, a less frequent rise in interest rate,control the inflation, manage to keep the unemployment number lower etc etc etc. plus what's happening to the Muslim and Arab world is not directly affecting their life.yes, there r few bomb and security threats, and most of them got used to living with it. so when few innocent civilians die (of their own), which happens once in a blue moon compared to Arab world, they r not physically moved by it!

just a little off topic example, when the Tsunami destroyed Indonesia, Thailand and Sri Lanka, we all felt really bad. a lot of us also donated to charities hoping this money would contribute to the well-being of those ppl. but what else we could do? i wished i cud go there personally and help them, but honestly, it was just impossible for me to do that. im sure many felt the same like me. but no matter how much we felt for them, its still never the same like those who actually went thru the suffering. we might hv donated 100 bucks of our wallet with a heavy heart, but then went on to celebrate the new year's eve !! see, u cant expect them to understand or care bout the Arab world, as much as we can. its just not rationally possible. still a big number of ppl come out and protest against thier own govt.

and why we care so much? because the attack in on US!! our people, our religion our brothers. we feel the pain of neglect, racism, Islamophobia every day. they dont. and u can never expect to understand the same till the day they walked our shoe. no matter how much u try to make them realise, it just not the same.

try go and live on pasta, irish stew,sausage, and chinese take away for a week. u will go by but its still not the same as having ur bhaat, daal, ghorur mangsho, bhuna khichuri, begun bhorta, biriyani. cuz thats appealing to us, thats what our tastebud is made of.

if there is an atttack on Harbour Bridge, my survival here would turn to a battle, even though i hv absolutely nothing to do with it. Me, like millions others, would be subjected to direct racial hatred and what not. im sure u know what i mean, we both r in the same stage here.

[qoute=Hatebreed]Self-owned. What else would you expect BD to do?

It's a bad example. Adolf was talking about people of the powerful nations who do have a say and power to act, and they do nothing. Few activists and demonstrators make little difference when of majority of the population still elect such leaders and pay taxes that go into war. [/qoute]

Remember Iraq invasion in 2003? France, Germany and Russia, who comprises the top 6 economy and military powers in the world, stood against the might of US. but what happened? they ended up licking their own wound. US defied the UN resolution, defied the Veto, defied the international community and went to invade Iraq. the whole world just watched, helplessly, hopelessly.

So, when even coutries like those mentioned above cant do anything, which other world power u talking mate? France, Germany and Russia combined together is still smaller than US in terms of economy, military and social influence around the world.

bottom line is, we can scream our lungs out here, or write endless online blogs bout the issue but its still gonna be Uncle Sam's day. well, atleast for the near foreseeable future. it has to end one day, but not sure if we can get to see that day.
Old August 22, 2006, 10:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Remember Iraq invasion in 2003? France, Germany and Russia, who comprises the top 6 economy and military powers in the world, stood against the might of US. but what happened? they ended up licking their own wound. US defied the UN resolution, defied the Veto, defied the international community and went to invade Iraq. the whole world just watched, helplessly, hopelessly.

So, when even coutries like those mentioned above cant do anything, which other world power u talking mate? France, Germany and Russia combined together is still smaller than US in terms of economy, military and social influence around the world.

bottom line is, we can scream our lungs out here, or write endless online blogs bout the issue but its still gonna be Uncle Sam's day. well, atleast for the near foreseeable future. it has to end one day, but not sure if we can get to see that day.
I think you misunderstood Hatebreed. Yes France and Germany did go against the war but the not the actual people who could have made some difference. That is the American public.

We have seen from Vietnam war era protest that public voice can have enormous effect. Let us not forget that its the aim of any president may he be an angel or a demon to get elected for second term. Unless you are like Gandhi and refuse office when the top job is offered to you. Bush would overturn any lobby group banging his oval office for a second term, including Israel's lobby, war-mongering oil companies that want oil rich countries invaded.

In my earlier post I mentioned that none is the worse criminal than US public. They are the one who elect Bush for president. And not to mention Bush's brother is the governer general of Florida. I dunno how it works in US but I am pretty sure, its the population of florida that put him there. Thus the Bush clan goes on.

Personally I wouldnt be surprised if Jeb Bush becomes the president withing next couple of elections later.
Old August 22, 2006, 12:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I don't know why mr Hirtler bhai is saying its american's public fault? but one thing for sure bush won by 49-51 vote so 49% at least shouldn't be considered as putting him to the office. and I am sure on that 51%, 30-35% voted to stop gay marraige and other stuff that was played just before election. its not that plane simple you can genralize like that.
Oh One thing for sure if all the muslim countries was following right thing then we wouldn't even had saddam hossain or any king cause muslims were not suppose to lead by any king, so who's fault is that?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled