facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 19, 2011, 11:56 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

All is not lost. All our batters got some runs under the belt. That will stand them in good stead at Ireland match. Our batsmen needs to fire.

Btw, Shafiul just had a bad day. He will come back stronger.

Old February 19, 2011, 11:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Sehwag is the Man of the Match: "It was a good start for the team, I have said this is a revenge game and we have won. I have said before Bangladesh are not good in Tests, but they can compete in ODIs, but today they could not. I was looking to bat long, maybe get a 100 in 30 overs and then go on. Special thanks to my physio for helping me, I was carrying a couple of injuries and they got me ready for this game. Well, the team - everyone did well, other than Sreesanth ... "

from cricinfo...i feel like slapping this guy everytime i see him..he doesnt know where to speak what..and people say he speaks from his heart..bloody &^%$$@@
You don't complain about your teammate in a presentation, the guy has serious mental flaws, I feel it for Sreesanth for being picked by his teammates over and over. Sehwag maybe the most immature person for his age, but he played a damn fine innings!
Old February 19, 2011, 11:59 AM
Banned

Sehwag is always right.
Old February 19, 2011, 11:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
To be honest this is not a bad batting performance. The top order has scored what they do at the best form and we do not have big hitters in the lower order.
it's a huge mistake choosing players like rock and naeem over jaharul. poor guy isn't even in the squad.
Old February 19, 2011, 12:00 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai
You don't complain about your teammate in a presentation, the guy has serious mental flaws, I feel it for Sreesanth for being picked by his teammates over and over. Sehwag maybe the most immature person for his age, but he played a damn fine innings!
u said it..he just behaved like a 5year old..his mental age is stuck there..anyway he wanted to piss Bangladeshis off and he got me..so one point for Mr.shewag
Old February 19, 2011, 12:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

I think despite losing you guys did an excellent job and thats why i think BD has a huge shot at qualifying for the next rounds...The BD team has grown much stronger as a team and i think any team would be foolish to consider them minnows
Old February 19, 2011, 12:05 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Zaheer Khan, Sachin

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Sehwag is just arrogant. But we didnt do anything special to shut him up
Sehwag is not arrogant, but he speaks his mind. First time when he faced Shoaib Akhtar, he had no clue against him and Shoaib got his wicket. First thing Sehwag said as he came back to the dressing room (with all the media listening) was this "I think I am not fit enough to play international cricket".

I am also a big supporter of BD cricket, but BD has not done anything major of note till now, except few upsets here and there. Even SL was like this before 96 and India before 83. So, if someone criticizes you, either you can create a fuss that world is conspiring against you or take things like a man. In the Sehwag issue, I think most of the fans here are not thinking by mind but by heart.

Not everyone can behave like Dhoni or Sachin. Sachin is different and Dhoni, though from small town, comes from a highly reputed and one of the best schools of India. Sehwag is from suburbs of Delhi, where people are not that polished.
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai
This guy is known to be straight forward, pete kotha rakte jane na. Mukhe ja, bukeo ta. I will tell it's rather a quality in today's world.

About BD being a bad test playing nation, I think the problem was rather his english. Hindi te koite dile oi kothtai shundo koira bujaiya koito. I think he wanted to tell, even if BD is not upto the mark in test (which is a reality, unfortunately, as yet), they are a very good team in an ODI. And today, we played better than them.
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Lets move on..2nd round is still possible Good luck BD
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Sewag just behaved like a 5 year old..thats i'll say..
Let a man say what he has in his heart for change...!!! We have enough of political correctness and sensitivity issues in this world....
he comes from a jhat background in India and they are never known for their political correctness... they are hot headed.. fiercely competitive..and does not give a woot of what world thinks of them .. I think he pulled a punch on Sreesanth as well..!! which is actually a blessing in disguise.. world cup comes once in 4 years and you cant have people in the team who cant take criticism and starts crying... if Sreesanth has balls.. he will come back and prove Sehwag wrong in the next game... which is probably what Sehwag also wants....
Old February 19, 2011, 12:06 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
well we should slap our own faces for being such cowards and not taking the fight to india... I would not have been this disgusted if we had gone for the runs and became all out for 240 in 40 overs....
Jadukor, the thing is, what we did out there tonight while batting showed a lot of maturity and professionalism.

This is not a one off match...we are in a 6 match tournament, and Net Run Rate very well might come into question later on....

So by being cowards we very well might have kept our slim hopes of qualifying alive, difference between being heroic and getting all out for 240 in 40 overs and batting out the 50 overs while scoring 280odd could be astronomical.

How many teams have the ability to chase 370? I think the decision to bat out the 50 overs, and get as close to 300 was a good decision.
Old February 19, 2011, 12:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Sehwag proves you don't have to have a brain to be a good batsman. Ash could learn a thing or two from him.

As for the game... A bit disappointed by Shafiul, but he WAS injured just a few days ago, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. That, and the fact that it was his first WC game ever and he was asked to open the bowling.

Lineup for the next game should remain the same except Mahmudullah should be dropped from the side in favor of SN or Ash (even he offers the team SOMETHING)...
Old February 19, 2011, 12:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Happy with the batting performance. bowling is a concern.
Old February 19, 2011, 12:16 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
Happy with the batting performance. bowling is a concern.
Well BD batted well but they never intended to chase the total.. and played safe to get a good total for NRR.. if they had chased this total.. they had to take more risk and probably collapsed lot earlier... having said that .. .in the greater scheme of things this might be a smart idea and they executed it well....
Old February 19, 2011, 12:16 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Sehwag is a prick...let's not mistake something being forthright with someone not having common decency. I don't care what school he went to, or what slum in India he grew up in, he has been an international cricketer for over a decade, he knows what is acceptable and what is not...

But he does it because he knows, we are as of yet unable to prove him wrong. We don't have a pace bowler that can knock his teeth down his throat, or batsmen that can humiliate his teammates while they bowl...so he will continue to make his little snide remarks.

But there is also no reason for us to get our knickers in a knot...what he said was crude, but not wide of the mark. Let's use the rightful criticism of our team as a positive, and work towards proving the doubters wrong.

Having a cry makes us look pathetic...
Old February 19, 2011, 12:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Yaayee its over :P
so was my party.. had a great one!
Old February 19, 2011, 12:23 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Sehwag is a prick...let's not mistake something being forthright with someone not having common decency. I don't care what school he went to, or what slum in India he grew up in, he has been an international cricketer for over a decade, he knows what is acceptable and what is not...

But he does it because he knows, we are as of yet unable to prove him wrong. We don't have a pace bowler that can knock his teeth down his throat, or batsmen that can humiliate his teammates while they bowl...so he will continue to make his little snide remarks.

But there is also no reason for us to get our knickers in a knot...what he said was crude, but not wide of the mark. Let's use the rightful criticism of our team as a positive, and work towards proving the doubters wrong.

Having a cry makes us look pathetic...
what is indecent about saying someone is bad...? it was his personal challenge.. he let that came out of his mouth during the test series ..and then you guys took it as a challenge and started abusing him and lost both the test and the one day as well today.so he is relishing his moment...We need characters like Sehwag.. otherwise ..the members of this forum won't have much things to write about.. I totally love his frankness.. he was thrown out of Indian team bcos of bad form...at that time also he said .. I don't deserve to be in the team unlike some players from other nations who retires and then comes back again after making a soap drama for the entire nation
Old February 19, 2011, 12:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Making 283 against this pathetic Indian bowling is nothing to be proud of. Now you just eat some rosgullas & think what will happen to your bowling against better teams with your eyes closed.
, this pathetic Indian bowling line up is the number 2 team in the world , and was 3-2 against SA just a week ago , with the best players like Zaheer, , harbhajan etc etc resting . I will certainly eat my rosgollas in celebration, you can eat humble pie

to the rest of the Bangladeshi posters , best of luck in your remaining matches .
Old February 19, 2011, 12:25 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Zaheer Khan, Sachin

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
I don't care what school he went to, or what slum in India he grew up in, he has been an international cricketer for over a decade, he knows what is acceptable and what is not...
Tells a lot about your character dude. Should I generalize about your country?

Mirza Ali Baig
Old February 19, 2011, 12:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
it's a huge mistake choosing players like rock and naeem over jaharul. poor guy isn't even in the squad.
I like Jahurul over them too. But it's not about the players, it's about the position they play. Naeem and Riyad are not power play players, this is as true as the sun rises from the east. Why wasting their carrier?

On the other hand, Riyad is a bit handy as he can bowl a bit and bat a bit. But Naeem hasnot done anything to warrant his place as a lower order batsman. He didn't improve a bit in last 3 years.
Old February 19, 2011, 12:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

If you actually watched the presentation on TV....you would have heard what Sehwag really said...nd it was nothing bad....
Shastri asked Sehwag: "Bangladesh has been on your mind for a while"
Shehwag: "I said bangladesh was an oridinary side in test cricket. But they are competitive in ODIs, and continue to be so"

so nothing wrong with what he actually said...Cricinfo always paraphrases comments...nd btw I am no fan of Sehwag
Old February 19, 2011, 12:28 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaig1
Don't take him in a wrong way. He was just trying to clear that when he said BD was an ordinary team in test, he didn't mean that they are also a weak ODI side.
Since you guys just lost the match and Sehwag is not so popular, everything he is saying is being interpreted in a wrong way.
NO. What he said is unprofessional. He may be right. But as a professional, he CANT say this. This is classless.
Banned

Quote:
u said it..he just behaved like a 5year old..his mental age is stuck there..anyway he wanted to piss Bangladeshis off and he got me..so one point for Mr.shewag
Sehwag is a rustic straight forward guy, once he was asked in his early career what the difference between him and Tendulkar was , his answer was ''Bank Balance'' .
he is a class act, and has 2 triple hundreds against the best bowling sides of his time, I have a lot of respect for him .
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shartaz
If you actually watched the presentation on TV....you would have heard what Sehwag really said...nd it was nothing bad....
Shastri asked Sehwag: "Bangladesh has been on your mind for a while"
Shehwag: "I said bangladesh was an oridinary side in test cricket. But they are competitive in ODIs, and continue to be so"

so nothing wrong with what he actually said...Cricinfo always paraphrases comments
exactly... BD lost the match so now the fans want a punching bag..
Old February 19, 2011, 12:31 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosgulla
Sehwag ... has 2 triple hundreds against the best bowling sides of his time, I have a lot of respect for him .
And I won't be surprised if he gets a double this WC. His intention was clear today, he wants to bat through.