facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 19, 2011, 12:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

it's all sehwag's fault guys, he is soooo unprofessional for speaking the truth (as he sees it anyway)

I wonder why nobody outside BC calls him unprofessional !

Old February 19, 2011, 12:32 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithviraj
what is indecent about saying someone is bad...? it was his personal challenge.. he let that came out of his mouth during the test series ..and then you guys took it as a challenge and started abusing him and lost both the test and the one day as well today.so he is relishing his moment...We need characters like Sehwag.. otherwise ..the members of this forum won't have much things to write about.. I totally love his frankness.. he was thrown out of Indian team bcos of bad form...at that time also he said .. I don't deserve to be in the team unlike some players from other nations who retires and then comes back again after making a soap drama for the entire nation
It is called winning with class....he looks and sounds like a small time chump. It's like he couldn't wait to burst out and do a little jig.

India beat Bangladesh....Wow...really, hold the motherf-ing press. Other than a few die hards, I'm thinking 95% of the cricketing world expected India to win. So his 'personal challenge', 'revenge', this contrived 'rivalry' is bogus.

We aim to be your rivals, as of yet we are at best rivals with Zimbabwe(apologies to our cricket fans), so when a top tier teams defeats a lesser team, gloating comes across as quite uncouth.

However as I said, I've got no problems with his actual assessment of our cricket team, we are to put it bluntly, sh*t. We hardly compete in tests, and tonight we were out of the match after the 1st 10 overs.

Australians say Andrew Symonds is a bit of a character...but I'm sure millions of Indians don't see it that way...eh mate? Thin line between a character and a prick, I think Sehwag and Sreesanth are pricks, while Harbhajan is a genuine character.
Old February 19, 2011, 12:36 PM
Cricket Legend

where on earth did you see him gloating (other than in your imagination) ?
please, post the comments so that all of us can see.

the thing is anything he says will be twisted because you are still sour that he said BD was not good enough to take 20 Indian wkts and went to prove it over a 2 test series.
Old February 19, 2011, 12:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: MashTamimFiqur al Hasan

TAKE OFF MULLAH AND THAT WASTEMAN SOKKHA NAYEEM AND BRING ON ASHRAFUL WHO CAN DO SOMETHING ATLEAST AND NAFEES.
simple.
Old February 19, 2011, 12:37 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
It is called winning with class....he looks and sounds like a small time chump. It's like he couldn't wait to burst out and do a little jig.

India beat Bangladesh....Wow...really, hold the motherf-ing press. Other than a few die hards, I'm thinking 95% of the cricketing world expected India to win. So his 'personal challenge', 'revenge', this contrived 'rivalry' is bogus.

We aim to be your rivals, as of yet we are at best rivals with Zimbabwe(apologies to our cricket fans), so when a top tier teams defeats a lesser team, gloating comes across as quite uncouth.

However as I said, I've got no problems with his actual assessment of our cricket team, we are to put it bluntly, sh*t. We hardly compete in tests, and tonight we were out of the match after the 1st 10 overs.

Australians say Andrew Symonds is a bit of a character...but I'm sure millions of Indians don't see it that way...eh mate? Thin line between a character and a prick, I think Sehwag and Sreesanth are pricks, while Harbhajan is a genuine character.
Every *****les has his own opinion.. including you, me and Sehwag..... you guys hyped the match and made it look like battle of equals...and now started judging class of the player who singlehandedly beaten you and you are calling of "classes".. Symonds wilted under reverse sledging technique by Indians and started calling names..just don't arbitly mix up things..
Old February 19, 2011, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaig1
Tells a lot about your character dude. Should I generalize about your country?

Mirza Ali Baig
Get over yourself...did you read the comments someone else had made to explain why Sehwag behaves the way he does?

Some were trying to cite his background as a reason for his bluntness, so I extrapolated that by saying, I didn't care if he was from a certain school or slum(hypothetically) but his behaviour was to me crass.

I responded to that comment with my post...there was no generalization of India/Indians. I suggest you read posts more thoroughly before laying false accusations.
Old February 19, 2011, 12:38 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Jadukor, the thing is, what we did out there tonight while batting showed a lot of maturity and professionalism.

This is not a one off match...we are in a 6 match tournament, and Net Run Rate very well might come into question later on....

So by being cowards we very well might have kept our slim hopes of qualifying alive, difference between being heroic and getting all out for 240 in 40 overs and batting out the 50 overs while scoring 280odd could be astronomical.

How many teams have the ability to chase 370? I think the decision to bat out the 50 overs, and get as close to 300 was a good decision.
that maybe so... but this is not how sports should be played... our players should have more self respect and pride out there to take the fight to India and worry about run rate and other things later... in 96 when Kalu and Jaysuria opened did u see any negative thinking on their part?...did Arvinda think about playing it safe when Sri Lanka were two down against India in a couple of overs? The difference is the attitude.. we must play to win and we must fight till the end... I have endured our defeats for 10 long years... it really sickens me when we play for the sake of batting out 50 overs... the sell out crowd at the stadium deserves better than this kind of cowardice...
Old February 19, 2011, 12:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here

the thing is anything he says will be twisted because you are still sour that he said BD was not good enough to take 20 Indian wkts and went to prove it over a 2 test series.
Did you see Harbaji gloating? after he took the catch he mimicked the crowd and then took a bow.

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
shewag is soing what kind of a person he is...
Including the blistering 175...
Banned

Quote:
Get over yourself...did you read the comments someone else had made to explain why Sehwag behaves the way he does?

Some were trying to cite his background as a reason for his bluntness, so I extrapolated that by saying, I didn't care if he was from a certain school or slum(hypothetically) but his behaviour was to me crass.

I responded to that comment with my post...there was no generalization of India/Indians. I suggest you read posts more thoroughly before laying false accusations.
Sehwag doesnt behave in any way , in the past he has been critical of his own team, during the pakistan series when he took apart their attack in pakistan, he said ''i am the only batsman in the Indian side capable of scoring runs'' , because at the time he WAS the only one making runs , he might have hurt your feelings with his bluntness, but thats the kind of guy he is , take it as you will, im sure this loss hurt , just as the loss in west indies by bangladesh hurt Indian fans . you are also totally neglecting the fact that in his same statement where he called your test team bad, he also said that your ODI team is very competetive and can win against any side .
once again , best of luck for the rest of the tournament
Old February 19, 2011, 12:44 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Sewag just behaved like a 5 year old..thats i'll say..
Please find me a 5-year old who can score 175 in ODI and I'll buy that bridge from you...
Old February 19, 2011, 12:45 PM
Banned

Quote:

Are you purposefully ignoring me saying, I think his assessment of our team is CORRECT. Selective reading, not a good idea....

I came in here and in my very 1st post in this issue, said we as Bangladeshi cricket fans need to stop crying over his comments, it makes us look pathetic, so I am more concerned about what we do than what Viru has to say....

But as far as the gloating is concerned, it was obvious, no need for him to harp back to his comments regarding Bangladesh as a test nation....was it not a case of him sticking his middle finger up at us?

Was it not him saying, "I told you so".

Again, he has every right to say so...and the facts of his statements are not in question, BUT I equally have the right to say, he is a small time chump for mentioning it.

My world doesn't revolve around facing India...you won, you move on, you were listed as one of the prohibitive favourites for this tournament, whereas we were looking at scenarios that might push us somehow into the next round. So no case of sour grapes, or being a sore loser...the better team won, simple as that.
Old February 19, 2011, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosgulla
Sehwag doesnt behave in any way , in the past he has been critical of his own team, during the pakistan series when he took apart their attack in pakistan, he said ''i am the only batsman in the Indian side capable of scoring runs'' , because at the time he WAS the only one making runs , he might have hurt your feelings with his bluntness, but thats the kind of guy he is , take it as you will, im sure this loss hurt , just as the loss in west indies by bangladesh hurt Indian fans . you are also totally neglecting the fact that in his same statement where he called your test team bad, he also said that your ODI team is very competetive and can win against any side .
once again , best of luck for the rest of the tournament
Errm..apologies mods, I'm spamming now.

Rosgulla, I definitely didn't miss his comments where he said, "normally the ODI team competes, but tonight that didn't happen either".

I just thought his innings in itself said more than any words could say...175 runs while destroying our bowling...the commentary was unnecessary. Also the loss didn't hurt, I have followed this team all across the world, even went to Cairns to watch them against Australia...so I expected a loss, and got a loss.

My 1st day on this forum, and while I've read it for years, I've never contributed before tonight, and normally don't get caught up in the hype.

My target always was

Ireland
Netherlands
West Indies

if we can...and see where we go from there.

Good luck to you lot, hard to see too many teams having fun against your batting lineup.
Old February 19, 2011, 12:52 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Zaheer Khan, Sachin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananna
NO. What he said is unprofessional. He may be right. But as a professional, he CANT say this. This is classless.
Yes, this is something which may be argued upon. Personally, I feel that he should not have said that BD is an ordinary side etc etc. Though, what he said today was interpreted wrongly. What he said earlier was not the right thing to say but what he said today is being interpreted wrongly.

Anyhow, it will be foolish for both the teams and fans to devote so much time on the words of one person. Indian fans will not think he did something wrong because we are used to his statements from a long time but BD fans will disagree because such things are not supposed to be said in today's world of political correctness and player of his caliber should maintain more dignity.

Even today, most of the Englishmen do no want to tour subcontinent but if they say so openly we will get all pissed off as we have grown up not hearing such things. So no point in discussing such things, we can argue for hours without convincing the other party and only denigrating ourselves in the process.

World cup has just started and it is for the world to see that BD is a lot improved side. Inshallah they should be beating West Indies without any hiccups. Game against England is 50-50 but SA will be a difficult team to beat.

Allah Hafiz
Mirza Ali Baig
Old February 19, 2011, 12:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar11432
Did you see Harbaji gloating? after he took the catch he mimicked the crowd and then took a bow.
yep that was totally uncalled for. but I've seen other international players do it against hostile crowds.

but then what about the crowd cheering madly when sehwag and kohli got hit with the ball ?? I have never seen the crowd in any international match behave in such a mean way, not even in WI where bouncing opposition batsman is a way of life.
Old February 19, 2011, 12:57 PM
Street Cricketer

Speaking about how Sehwag speaks, a few days ago during the SAfrica tour while he and Gauti was going out of the hotel, the hotel doorman told them somepart of the city can be dangerous for them to walk around, and listening to the word danger, he replied, danger, what danger! we two are the most dangerous in the world with a bat in hand. now how should the SAfricans interpret those lines? He is like this, speaks anything. But the better part is, he speaks from his heart, always.
Old February 19, 2011, 12:59 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
yep that was totally uncalled for. but I've seen other international players do it against hostile crowds.

but then what about the crowd cheering madly when sehwag and kohli got hit with the ball ?? I have never seen the crowd in any international match behave in such a mean way, not even in WI where bouncing opposition batsman is a way of life.
yes totally sadistic, they cheered when he got hit in his ****
That show bad apples are there in both sides. No side can claim righteousness as some of the posters are trying to claim here.
Old February 19, 2011, 12:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Are you purposefully ignoring me saying, I think his assessment of our team is CORRECT. Selective reading, not a good idea....

I came in here and in my very 1st post in this issue, said we as Bangladeshi cricket fans need to stop crying over his comments, it makes us look pathetic, so I am more concerned about what we do than what Viru has to say....

But as far as the gloating is concerned, it was obvious, no need for him to harp back to his comments regarding Bangladesh as a test nation....was it not a case of him sticking his middle finger up at us?

Was it not him saying, "I told you so".

Again, he has every right to say so...and the facts of his statements are not in question, BUT I equally have the right to say, he is a small time chump for mentioning it.
someone, (a BD supporter) posted in the last page of this thread what sehwag actually said in that 'test team' comment . please read it and you will realise WHY you are wrong.
Old February 19, 2011, 01:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
yes totally sadistic, they cheered when he got hit in his ****
That show bad apples are there in both sides. No side can claim righteousness as some of the posters are trying to claim here.
The crowd has been very poor no doubt, those loud cheers were uncalled for and totally unnecessary.
Old February 19, 2011, 01:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
someone, (a BD supporter) posted in the last page of this thread what sehwag actually said in that 'test team' comment . please read it and you will realise WHY you are wrong.
F_6Turbo didn't say anything wrong this time, I just don't think it was necessary to bring back the Test subject, was it? We are playing ODIs and not Test, different ball game. Nevertheless, congratulations to India, Sehwag and Kohli, well played and the better team won.
Old February 19, 2011, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:

Yes BD crowds are not the best towards opposition but the incident you mentioned was done by few. The majority just stays dead silent. On the other hand there should be a difference between the players behavior and the crowd's.
Old February 19, 2011, 01:15 PM
Street Cricketer

From CricInfo

The loudest, sustained cheers from a sell-out crowd were sadistic ones. The first was when Sehwag was hit by a short ball somewhere between his pad and thigh pad; they went mad as he went down. Virat Kohli later misread the bounce of another short one, and inside-edged onto the area between his thigh pad and the box. He bent over in pain, and the roof of the stadium came off again. To rub salt into his wound, the giant screen showed three replays of the hit before the next delivery. Each was greeted by a loud cheer.

Those replays were conspicuous in their absence later in the innings when Mushfiqur Rahim was hit in the face by a ball that bounced in front of him. It was in fact the longest period of silence at the Shere Bangla Stadium, as Mushfiqur received treatment.

Such things surely brings a bad name for the nation. Endom ram gadhar moto achoron manusher.
Old February 19, 2011, 01:16 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai
The crowd has been very poor no doubt, those loud cheers were uncalled for and totally unnecessary.
No Munnabhai, thats not the point I was trying to make

I don't discount the passion they have for the game, things might happen when you play at your best and today Bangladesh fans were also part of the BD team just as same as Indian fans are part of Indian Team.

Indian Players behaved badly, Bangladesh fans behaved badly, I just think they showed over the top passion nothing else.

My problems is with some of the posters here, they all of the sudden claiming sehwag this sehwag that, what for? din't they know his character before? If you have a problem with him then completely ignore him.
Whats with all this abuse, do they actually expect him to turn in modern citizen overnight?

BTW I would have said the same thing to any Indian poster if they abused any BD players (for whatever the reason might be)
Old February 19, 2011, 01:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai
F_6Turbo didn't say anything wrong this time, I just don't think it was necessary to bring back the Test subject, was it? We are playing ODIs and not Test, different ball game. Nevertheless, congratulations to India, Sehwag and Kohli, well played and the better team won.
PLEASE convince me you have at least read the post I mentioned. I don't think you have because your question is answered there.
Quote:
Yes BD crowds are not the best towards opposition but the incident you mentioned was done by a few. The majority just stays dead silent. On the other hand there should be a difference between the players behavior and the crowd's.
yep that's why he bowed towards the crowd and acknowledged their crude comments. a polite response's not too bad is it ? I would rather he ignored it but then I was not the one standing there with the crowd probably abusing his family members to kingdom come.

please don't forget that in the past even tamim lost control about the behaviour of BD supporters, the fielding coach of the national team complained about it a couple of days back.
don't you think bhaji's reaction was quite mild considering the situation ?
Old February 19, 2011, 01:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
No Munnabhai, thats not the point I was trying to make

I don't discount the passion they have for the game, things might happen when you play at your best and today Bangladesh fans were also part of the BD team just as same as Indian fans are part of Indian Team.

Indian Players behaved badly, Bangladesh fans behaved badly, I just think they showed over the top passion nothing else.

My problems is with some of the posters here, they all of the sudden claiming sehwag this sehwag that, what for? din't they know his character before? If you have a problem with him then completely ignore him.
Whats with all this abuse, do they actually expect him to turn in modern citizen overnight?

BTW I would have said the same thing to any Indian poster if they abused any BD players (for whatever the reason might be)
What can I say, most of the posters here believed that we would have beaten India. And when i tried sounding realistic and stated that India will win and big thrashing lies ahead, I was called an "Indian." So you know how passionate most people here are, can't take criticism.

I apologize on their behalf Senman,if you are offended by any such remarks, I was like them once but with time comes maturation.

It was great to watch Sehwag bat, but to be frank I liked Virat's innings more, he looks like a genuine cricketer and his shots were of pure class also he looks to me to be the fittest guy in the team.