facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Can we beat Pakistan?
Yes 16 72.73%
No 6 27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 25, 2018, 05:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Guys,

I think Anik Hasan "SHAnik" is a Bangladeshi who has family ties with Pakistan. I know a few Bangladeshi people like that. I think he also speaks Bangla fluently. As google translate is still not up to my standards:

https://translate.google.com/#auto/e...20করব%3F

Old September 25, 2018, 06:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Guys,

I think Anik Hasan "SHAnik" is a Bangladeshi who has family ties with Pakistan. I know a few Bangladeshi people like that. I think he also speaks Bangla fluently. =]
I have a friend like that too. Speaks urdu at home, bangla with me. Actually banglish. But identifies himself as Bengali instead of Pakistani.

And not to mention the children of mixed parent of one from bd one from pak. it's quiet common.
Old September 25, 2018, 06:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Guys leave him be. Don't run him out of the forum. Let him express his views, regardless of if it matches with yours or not. Its a free public forum
Old September 25, 2018, 07:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

No hard feelings guys, I want our boys to win, but statistically I can see Pakistan eyeing it out by just a tiny bit.

But I genuinely want Bangladesh to win, I voted objectively.
Old September 25, 2018, 08:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
just a Freudian slip. No harm done.

ok, Kudha Hafiz mera bhaijan. Apko missing korenga Comrade Sher Niazi, apko very missing korluga humsafaar. Apko mone porenga mere jaanuman. mera brother from another mother, mera bhai from benazir bhutto ammu. Phir milenga mera lahori doost, mera chaand, mera falooda.

^Goodbye, would be the gist of it, I suppose.
That was funny BUT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Guys leave him be. Don't run him out of the forum. Let him express his views, regardless of if it matches with yours or not. Its a free public forum
Most sane and mature response here. Thank you!! This is exactly how via odious and obnoxious self-righteousness bullying becomes common place. Again, I probably ffed up too, but it's not my fault people would be dragging me into this lol.

I mean dayum. One member posts something and everyone goes crazy. There are like 10 followup responses just because of that.

Patriotism INDEED last refuge of scoundrel. Adam Corolla Smith. Turns out it was Samuel Johnson... oh wait that's right Adam Smith is the economist dude...
Old September 25, 2018, 08:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Patriotism INDEED last refuge of scoundrel.
Maybe I am in a really bad mood or overconfident on endorphin rush, but here we go...

You guys wanna talk about patriotism? Let's talk about patriotism!!!!
  • How much of your exact income has helped your country's infrastructure?
  • What exactly have you done for the poor, needy and the disabled both physically and mentally handicapped people of your country?
  • How much have you actually donated to Red Cross during times of disaster, flood and cyclone for your country?
  • How exactly has your revolutionary idea or invention or IT wizardry has helped out our country?
  • What exactly is your FATA&& doing sitting on laptop trillions of miles away from home while real people are pushing rocks and in traffic jam doing the day to day hustle?
  • How many times you have exactly visited Rohingya refugee?
  • Heck, even Angelina is more Bangladeshi than most of you jack---es!
  • What exactly have you done both in writing, in petition or in movement to destabilize political parties?
  • Where was your outrage when Hindu bloggers were brutally decapitated?
  • IF you love your country so much, why tf don't you live there?

I can go on. And NO. I did NOT start it. It was YOU guys who bullied a member. And as someone who was bullied before, I will ALWAYS side with the oppressed and stand up for the underdog regardless of nationality, creed, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation.

Talk is cheap m%$#%%#$. Let's cut the faux bullshit patriotism out and put our money where it really is.

As my dear momma says: Mukh chutayeo na. Don't put your reigns on my stomach.

Ekek jon nawab sirajudoula hoye gese...
Old September 26, 2018, 01:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Tell me one thing: which Bangladeshi regardless of his ethnicity will say we can only beat Pakistan if they fix a match like they did in 1999?

And then he f up by saying I want us to beat Bangladesh calling it a spelling mistake.

A coincidence or a comedy of errors?
Old September 26, 2018, 01:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

^ It shouldn't bother you so much. People are allowed to opine, and you won't be able to define a Bangladeshi no matter how hard you try. Anyway, I think you have match fever, and need an outlet to expend energy. Game will start in 5 hours.
Old September 26, 2018, 01:53 AM
Cricket Guru

If people have an opinion so have I. Everyone try’s to be Frasier Crane when they are really Noel.

It doesn’t bother me. I enjoy exposing the truth when I wait for my train to go to work.

It’s kind of weird people like protecting a character like him. Seems like people like protecting people who do wrong. Quite ironic coming from people who slag off one of the most successful players in BD team.
Old September 26, 2018, 02:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Maybe I am in a really bad mood or overconfident on endorphin rush, but here we go...

Ekek jon nawab sirajudoula hoye gese...
Great post. People need to keep things in perspective. The arbitrary lines that have been drawn to create modern nation states are often less than 100 years old. Is there any guarantee that these lines will remain same after another 100 years? If not, what is the point of hate/fight/war?

As I have grown old, I have learned to enjoy games without being nationalistic/patriotic.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old September 26, 2018, 02:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Not sure how adamnsu has done anything other than expose a troll. Dude comes here and consistently makes absurd claims like "we all know our team couldn't beat Pakistan without them throwing the game", and we're supposed to merely accept his opinion and deny the fact that his opinions dont represent "our" opinions? Obvious troll is obvious and he adds nothing positive to the forum with his posts.
Old September 26, 2018, 03:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Not sure how adamnsu has done anything other than expose a troll. Dude comes here and consistently makes absurd claims like "we all know our team couldn't beat Pakistan without them throwing the game", and we're supposed to merely accept his opinion and deny the fact that his opinions dont represent "our" opinions? Obvious troll is obvious and he adds nothing positive to the forum with his posts.
Much appreciated.

I see people here fighting about petty things and no one steps in and analyses them. However it seems these people have a luxury suite for a troll who regularly tries put the team down. And dont forget Anik has been doing this in the past.

Whats ironic and in some ways pathetic the troll has a right to an opinion and I dont?

and cricket_king is quite right! If you think my statements are rough, please read the banner and motto of Banglacricket it says "Where Tiger fans belong"
Old September 26, 2018, 07:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu

I see people here fighting about petty things
you are being annoyingly petty as well.
Old September 27, 2018, 04:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Jaak we got the answer Allhamdullilah. Even though I was in doubt when I saw the team selection especially Mominul and no Shakib.
Old September 27, 2018, 06:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

epic fail. The question should have been - is Pakistan capable of beating Bangladesh?
The answer is no.. never!
Old September 27, 2018, 01:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Is Bangladesh capable of beating Rowhit-Dhabawn-Zadiza-Vahrun

We beat Dhoni multiple times so he does not count
Old September 27, 2018, 08:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Is Bangladesh capable of beating Rowhit-Dhabawn-Zadiza-Vahrun

We beat Dhoni multiple times so he does not count
Yes because India is all Rohit and Dhawan. As the Afghans proved, put up 250 and you can beat them even if you give up a 100+ run opening partnership.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 27, 2018, 08:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Yes because India is all Rohit and Dhawan. As the Afghans proved, put up 250 and you can beat them even if you give up a 100+ run opening partnership.
Firstly, Afghans didn't beat them.

Secondly, that was an India D side. Unfortunately we'll face a much more experienced and professional side who have had our number over the last few years.
Old September 27, 2018, 10:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Yes because India is all Rohit and Dhawan....
Kumar, Burmah, Chahal, Kuldeep, Kedar Jadhav, Jadeja, Dinesh Karthik, Dhoni, This Indian lineup is filled with superstars, they have all the bases covered. we literally need a miracle to win tomorrow...
Old September 27, 2018, 10:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Kumar, Burmah, Chahal, Kuldeep, Kedar Jadhav, Jadeja, Dinesh Karthik, Dhoni, This Indian lineup is filled with superstars, they have all the bases covered. we literally need a miracle to win tomorrow...
So what?
Old September 27, 2018, 10:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Thanks for firing the Pakistani players before our test series.
Old September 27, 2018, 10:47 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Unlike Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Afghanistan, we cannot afford to go 3 down in the first 5 overs against India. India is too good to allow any team to claw back into the game from that situation. Sri Lanka dropped catches, Pakistan went to spinners instead of attacking Mithun with pace but India will not give those situations away. They have two very good cricketing minds; one as captain and the other behind the stumps. The whole teams have to play well and it certainly cannot be Mushy and Riyad vs India. While 250 was enough against most teams, we need 270 against India because of Rohit and Dhawan. With 270, even if the opening partnership is a big one we can still claw back in the middle of the game.
Old September 27, 2018, 11:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
According to some expert analysis we needed a miracle to beat 'Naya' Pakistan as well but we did that without Shakib and Tamim, nothing is impossible. They are without Kohli as well
Old September 28, 2018, 03:43 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Jadhav ,jadeja ,Karthik, chahal are superstars?

Without kholi, Rohit and dhawan is 80% of their batting. If we can get them out early match will be ours to loose.
Old September 28, 2018, 05:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
Jadhav ,jadeja ,Karthik, chahal are superstars?

Without kholi, Rohit and dhawan is 80% of their batting. If we can get them out early match will be ours to loose.
Dinesh Karthink single handedly destroyed us in Nidahas Trophy final.

Jadeja is an SLA, yet he also destroyed us last match.

Kedar Jadhav destroyed our middle order in Champions trophy. Chahal is very handy on his day. so yeah... superstars.