facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 10, 2018, 06:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
If you dont have any interest in research there is no point doing PhD. its not like you need PhD for you career. PhD is a totally different line in career choice.

I thought about PhD after my masters. but at the moment dont have any plan. I am working in the cyber security field and if someday my line of work needs me to pursue PhD, I'll do it. this time will try to do the PhD in Canada, already saw Australia
Around what GPA do you require to get invited into the GK program, it sounds like it is something special. top 15% that is a monumental feat. Is it true some of the top tier jobs require at least a masters or a PhD. How life consuming is a PhD, if one were to pursue it.

Old March 10, 2018, 07:02 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Around what GPA do you require to get invited into the GK program, it sounds like it is something special. top 15% that is a monumental feat. Is it true some of the top tier jobs require at least a masters or a PhD. How life consuming is a PhD, if one were to pursue it.
GK dont have a GPA criteria, you need to be one of the top 15% students in your batch. I had a CGPA of 3.83

you dont need PhD for any job in the world other than research related jobs(for example teachers).

I did not look for working jobs in Australia so I cant say anything about that. In BD you dont need masters to get jobs. but you do need masters to get ahead in your job. After a certain time if you dont have masters its really hard to get promotion here.

PhD is something if you want to do that you have to commit your life to that. before taking decision on doing PhD you need to ask your self about your future goals. 95 out of 100 goals wont need you to do a PhD.

anyway lets not derail this thread anymore. if you want to talk you can open a thread in FC or PM me
Old March 13, 2018, 08:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
If you dont have any interest in research there is no point doing PhD. its not like you need PhD for you career. PhD is a totally different line in career choice.

I thought about PhD after my masters. but at the moment dont have any plan. I am working in the cyber security field and if someday my line of work needs me to pursue PhD, I'll do it. this time will try to do the PhD in Canada, already saw Australia
If you ever decide to do PhD in Canada, choose your professor wisely. I lost of respect for professors and their post-grad students who only care to publish papers while I worked as a Research Associate during my undergrad senior year.
Old March 13, 2018, 11:30 AM
Cricket Guru

NW what did you study in?