facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old October 26, 2011, 11:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Imrul has a Test average similar to that of a lower order T20 batsmen who's job is to slog.

Old October 26, 2011, 11:33 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

it resembles the bowling average of a decent Victorian era spin bowler
Old October 26, 2011, 12:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
I agree with dropping Imrul, but not Naeem. He didn't score many, but I think he showed the right temprement by staying out there for the long haul.

I think the selectors might drop Imrul, promote Nafees to partner Tamim as opener and bring in Mahmudullah to the middle order (perhaps with everyone else moving up a position and Mahmudullah slotiing in at 7 or 8).

I also think there's a chance Raqibul might be dropped...
Whats the point in playing a batsmen just because he is an opener when after countless oppurtunities he fails every time... And he also gets out the same way every time....
There is no point in having a passenger, atleast mahmudullah has a more statistical probability of doing better.. Also we have Nafees who did well as an opener in the past (atleast better than imrul)...
Old October 26, 2011, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

I'm nearly as old as his average now.
Old October 26, 2011, 12:50 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
I'm nearly as old as his average now.
lol...and i am now older then ash's avg
Old October 26, 2011, 12:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Forget about tests, in ODIs he hasn't been good either. Since that 93 against Australia, he hasn't scored a 50. That's 8 matches and counting. Not good enough for an opener. He's got to step it up.
Old October 26, 2011, 12:54 PM
Cricket Legend

I have more money (in £'s) than he has test runs
Old October 26, 2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdtiger
Dhaka wicket is different from Chtg. And WI has learnt their lesson. 2nd test will be hard for Bangladesh. Batsmen have to do well. Wicket needs to have turn.
About player selection MUllahh should not be picked since he just recovered from sickness he
might not be fit. I would prefer one or two replacement(s). Imrul needs to be dropped. Nazmul
can be picked up in Rubel's spot.
2 Yes, 1 No
I want Mullah to play in place of Vimrul, then
TI opens with Naeem
Old October 26, 2011, 01:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Imrul is not going anywhere,, he is selectors favorite.. if anyone it will be Keshto Raqibul for Riad...With no foot movement, Imrul will always be nicking the bat to keeper or slip 99% of his time at crease.. Same thing for Tamim but atleast he does know few shots or can survive a bit longer than Imrul can.
Old October 26, 2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
I have more money (in £'s) than he has test runs
Noted! If we need to send flowers again, we know now to whom to go...
Old October 26, 2011, 01:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Imrul is not going anywhere,, he is selectors favorite.. if anyone it will be Keshto Raqibul for Riad...With no foot movement, Imrul will always be nicking the bat to keeper or slip 99% of his time at crease.. Same thing for Tamim but atleast he does know few shots or can survive a bit longer than Imrul can.
Tamim can get away with it more often because he's got way better hand eye coordination then Imrul does. So even if he doesn't use his feet, he can get away with it whereas Imrul will not.
Old October 26, 2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
That would be unfortunate.

If Ash could be out, so could be Imrul. I agree with your thought though!
Old October 26, 2011, 01:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Noted! If we need to send flowers again, we know now to whom to go...
Haha sure, who should I make the check out too?
Old October 26, 2011, 01:40 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=208091

Riyad may play second Test

Sports Reporter
Bangladesh vice-captain Mahmudullah Riyad has a bright chance to play the second and final Test against West Indies starting next Saturday at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.
The all-rounder had missed the T20, the three-match one-day series and the first Test at Chittagong due to fever but he recovered fully from illness and started training four days back.
“He (Riyad) will practice with the team tomorrow (Thursday). After reviewing everything we will take a decision about him. He is the vice-captain but unfortunately he missed the previous matches, but he will be definitely considered if he is fully fit,” said chief selector Akram Khan when asked about the all-rounder's chances of playing in the second Test.
He also did not rule out the chances of a couple of changes to the playing eleven from the team which played the first Test at Chittagong, despite the fact that the team showed character in the drawn game. Akram however was reluctant to elaborate.
It could have been a fantastic Test for the Tigers but the poor ground conditions spoiled the party in Chittagong. Still, the Tigers returned from the port city yesterday with smiles as they dismissed the Caribbean team for 61 in the third ODI and finished on top in the first Test.
Akram was confident that the boys will carry the momentum through to Dhaka, though it will not be an easy task for the Tigers to continue the impressive run in different conditions in Mirpur.
“I think the team morale is high after the impressive performance in Chittagong. We know the conditions will be different here in Dhaka but the way most of the batsmen batted in the Chittagong Test made us happy and confident that they can also accomplish something in the second Test,” said Akram.
The former national skipper also said that it will be great for the home team if they get a similar pitch as the one in Chittagong.
“Obviously we want to take full advantage of our home conditions, so it would be great if we get similar help from the pitch like we did in Chittagong,” he added.
Old October 26, 2011, 01:53 PM
Cricket Sage

So who will be out to give room to Riyad?

1. The Ususal Suspect: Naeem?
2. The domino effect: Rakibul if displaced Naeem replace Rakibul?
3. The tornado effect: Imrul where batting order will be changed in multiple places?
4. Surpise Surprise: Nasir. That will be very unpopular move and Riyad will be the villan in fan's eye.

Last edited by Fazal; October 26, 2011 at 03:41 PM..
Old October 26, 2011, 02:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib and tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

1. The Ususal Suspect: Naeem?
2. The domino effect: Rakibul if displaced Naeem replace Rakibul?
3. The todnado effect: Imrul where batting order will be changed in multiple places?
4. Surpise Surprise: Nasir. That will be very unpopular move and Riyad will be the villan in fan's eye.
I think its gonna be Imrul. Naeem would open with Tamim and then Ryad will come somewhere in the middle order
Old October 26, 2011, 02:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Mahmudullah set for 2nd Test

With vice-captain Mahmudullah all set to join the Bangladesh national team for the second Test match against West Indies in Dhaka, a change in the playing eleven is now an absolute certainty, said the BCB sources on Wednesday.

Bangladesh, who drew the first Test match against West Indies in Chittagong, are expected to be bolstered by the return of Mahmdullah after recovering from dengue

Mahmudullah, who had to withdraw from the squad on the eve of the first one-day international against West Indies after he was afflicted with the virus, is expected to resume practice with the national team today where he will go through a fitness test.

‘A change is expected to come in the squad as well as in the playing eleven as Mahmudullah will be available for selection,’ a selector said requesting not to be named.

‘He is a proven performer as well as the vice-captain of the national cricket team, so he must be included in the playing eleven. In that case surely there will be a change from the eleven that played the first Test match against West Indies,’ he added.

It was learnt that Imrul Kayes is expected to be excluded from the squad that played West Indies.

Kayes scored only 10 and 13 runs in the two innings of the first Test in Chittagong.

Kayes has scored only one fifty in the 15 Test matches he played so far since his debut in 2008 against South Africa at Bloemfontein. He has a disappointing average of 17.03.

If that happens then Naeem Islam will be promotes up the order at number three with Shahriar Nafees partnering Tamim Iqbal at the top.

Shahriar made a half-century in the second innings against West Indies while Naeem made an unbeaten 36.

Naeem also scored a half-century as an opener in the second one-day international against West Indies

Mahmudullah said he is feeling fine and hopes to pass the fitness test today at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium.

‘I am fine and let’s see how I fare in the fitness test. but I am hopeful that I will pass test and will be selected for the second Test match,’ said Mahmudullah.

Meanwhile, Bangladesh skipper Mushfiqur Rahim said it won’t be a problem to include Mahmudullah in the team.

‘I have spoken to him and if we find that he is totally fit then it won’t be a problem to include him in the team,’ Mushfiq told reporters at a news conference on Tuesday after the conclusion of the first Test.

Source: NewAge

So it looks like Imrul will get dropped and SN will open with Tamim. Good decision in my opinion.
Old October 26, 2011, 03:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

No, thats the natural move. They are both the same sort of player, and Mahmadullah has showed more. Nasir had a pretty decent first Test, and looks like he belongs, and he should definitely be part of the squad ... but he didnt do enough to displace Riyad, if Riyad is fit.

Me, I'd like Riyad to play more First Class cricket before coming back into the team. but if they think he's fit, then Nasir is the obvious player to drop.
Old October 26, 2011, 03:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
No, thats the natural move. They are both the same sort of player, and Mahmadullah has showed more. Nasir had a pretty decent first Test, and looks like he belongs, and he should definitely be part of the squad ... but he didnt do enough to displace Riyad, if Riyad is fit.

Me, I'd like Riyad to play more First Class cricket before coming back into the team. but if they think he's fit, then Nasir is the obvious player to drop.
And how did Naeem ensure his place?
Old October 26, 2011, 03:16 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
And how did Naeem ensure his place?
According to Kalerkantha it'll be Nayem. So confusing.
Old October 26, 2011, 03:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
According to Kalerkantha it'll be Nayem. So confusing.
KalerKantha is a confused paper who is hardly ever right. Nasir showed class. Naeem showed how not to rotate the strike, as though he was playing a timeless test.
Old October 26, 2011, 03:35 PM
Cricket Legend

The reality is Bangladesh is still looking for the right #2, #4 position,, you have Nafees, who probably should stay at #3, Mushfique, Shakib, Riad should be 5,6,7 in my opinion and then the 5 bowlers/all rounders..

Raqibul Hasan can be the #4 or it could be Naeem Islam but both in the squad to, me does not add value. At some point, I think Anamul Haque or Zahirul Islam Opee maybe the opener with Tamim for test team but thats a year away I think...If Bangladesh team is brave enough, they can have Elias Sunny open with Tamim since he is a well established opener in domestic circuit!!
Old October 26, 2011, 03:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
If Bangladesh team is brave enough, they can have Elias Sunny open with Tamim since he is a well established opener in domestic circuit!!
And have him sweat so much he can't even hold the ball
Old October 26, 2011, 03:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
And have him sweat so much he can't even hold the ball
Hey, it will create a perfect 'over cast' and wet condition for his bowling,, right?
Old October 26, 2011, 03:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
That would be unfortunate.

If Ash could be out, so could be Imrul.
There you go KP, looks like your wish will be fullfilled (based on NewAgeBD)