facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 21, 2003, 09:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Rajin

Wishing all the best for this kid.

from CricInfo:

Experts in Bangladesh believe Rajin Saleh is the most talented batsman in the country. A No. 3 batsman in the domestic circuit, Saleh first drew attention when he averaged 56.20 in the Green Delta National League in the 2000-01 season. He had played only five matches for Sylhet Division when he was included in the Bangladesh Cricket Board XI which took on the Australian Cricket Academy in January this year. He made a mark immediately, scoring 81 in the first match, a knock which drew high praise from the Australian critics. A technically sound batsman, Saleh is equally sound off either foot and has the potential to be a mainstay in the Bangladesh batting line-up

Old August 21, 2003, 09:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Rajin looks a bit like a professional body-builder ??

They spend almost an hour and half over this training session. Among others Rajin Saleh, Taposh etc. from Bangladesh-A are found hooked up with it persistently. Rajin Saleh, who looks a bit like a professional body-builder, is quite serious about this affair. He hardy takes a break in a week. " There is no way you can escape weight training these days. You will be miles behind if you try to dodge this," says Rajin.

---------------

http://www-usa.cricket.org/link_to_d...27JUL2001.html
Old August 21, 2003, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Should he replace Kapali

As the next pin up model for Bangladeshi cricket on the Sexiest Cricketer list?
Old August 21, 2003, 12:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Haire...

Rajin Ashraful er KOPAL purailo...

Old August 21, 2003, 12:50 PM
Banned

Do you think so, Nasifkhan ?

I think there is a wonderful battle brewing for 2 TEST spots between Sanwar, Ash, & Rajin !

With Khalud Mahmud departing from the test scene very soon, we will get back our 3rd real full time bowler. That would make the need for Sanwar's bowling contribution even less, and subsequently challenging him to do better with the bat to retain his position.

But looking far out their, here are our core players,

Hannan
Bashar
Ash
Rajin
Kapali
Mashrafee
Tapash (Maybe)
wc- Khaled Mashud
Old August 21, 2003, 01:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

I would add Rafique to this list.. He is the best spinner we have so far
Old August 21, 2003, 01:20 PM
Banned

Rafique is the "horse for course" type. He may be the best spinner, but that alone won't put him in the team in all occasions.
Old August 21, 2003, 08:22 PM
First Class Cricketer

Ash can take place of golla...specially in the one day.

Prohor
Old August 21, 2003, 10:39 PM
Club Cricketer

I say the onus is on this fellow to better Yasir Hameed's feat. I was disappointed by Masri's bowling on Day 2. I am hoping for big things from these guys on Day 3.
Old August 22, 2003, 09:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

done well .. Rajin..

from cricinfo bulletin
------------------------------------------------------
Sanwar Hossain went cheaply immediately after the break, but Saleh playing in his first Test showed excellent grit, temperament and technique. Especially engrossing was a confrontation with Shoaib late in the day, when Saleh was peppered with plenty of short stuff, but stood up on tiptoe to defend, or weaved out of the way. Shoaib was frustrated enough to hurl the ball at Saleh when he pushed it back to the bowler, but it did little to fluster the batsman. Saleh finished the day unbeaten on 27, but it was worth many more.
Old August 22, 2003, 09:32 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Is Rajin the answer to our long standing quest for a solid middle order ? Our middle order has been simply woeful (sp) and have been the biggest reason for our continued decline over the last few years. What we needed was a few good men.

Have we found one of them ? Someone who can replace Nannu and the Bulbul of yester years ?
Old August 22, 2003, 09:49 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Both Rajin and Sumon have done wonders by fighting off their urges and the overs (33 overs for their 80+ run partnership). Another 33 will see us through lunch. I have no qualms about the run rate though. That is never a factor when you are playing a match worth 450 overs.

I think now the team has players that they can look up to. While his is only h first test and we have a long ways to go ... I will take the transformation as a norm and not a fluke. We gotta have faith people. That's what we have lacked during the world cup. It's pretty much the same players - and they did not improce overnight. It was the coaching and the faith.
Old August 22, 2003, 10:49 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
We gotta have faith people. That's what we have lacked during the world cup.
a faith-based team

I'm sure you meant faith-in-selves..
Old August 22, 2003, 04:07 PM
Cricket Legend

I was reading all these articles raving about Yasir scoring a century on his debut. Then I thought, hey, Rajin can still do that. I am hoping against hope he does it somehow. That would be nice.
Old August 22, 2003, 05:25 PM
Club Cricketer

I think Rajin might be our long term hope to fix the middle order. Sounds like he has a good technique and is determined, everything we need. Hopefully his form can continue through the series. (he got a wicket as well)

So far Golla and Sanwar have been the batsmen to miss out. I say, since we have done so well in this test, possibly our best performance ever, leave the team the same, even if you think there are players who would do better. Then in the next match, if they fail agian bring in Ash. I hope ash replaces Golla. He is better in the top order than middle order. And Golla hasn't scored a run in 3 tests but sanwar made that 46 in aus.
Old August 25, 2003, 06:42 PM
Banned

Ok, where are all the proponents of a conspiracy behind this guy's inclusion, now ? Yes, unmask your arrogantly all knowing presumptuous face, I demand !!!

Old August 25, 2003, 07:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Pundit:
Here is your conspiracy theory:

I think it is the politically and economically dominating Bihari lobby located in the plush neighborhood of Muhammadpur Camp that is behind the inclusion of Javed Omar Belim in the test squad.

In all seriousness, Javed Omar has consistenty demonstrated the classic deadbat temperament of the 70's test opener ala Geoffery Boycott- formerly of England and Yorkshire.

Unfortunately, he has not been able to occupy the crease long enough to nerit his inclusion since the halcyon days of him carrying the bat for 85 in ZIM. He has serious competition from both established players like Ash and age group stars like Nafis Iqbal. He's only lasted this long because the other opener (other than Hannan) has been equally disasterous.

Old August 26, 2003, 02:04 PM
Banned

I may have been referring to Rajin !
Old August 26, 2003, 02:56 PM
First Class Cricketer

I've also heard about the conspiracy theory about Rajin's inclusion in the team...It's that our chief selector was playing for City club where from Rajin is included...That's why they(???) smell somethinh in it..
But Rajin slammed.

Shafi
Old August 26, 2003, 05:24 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I hope Alamgir can prove me (that he is only a young version of Khaled Mahmud - i.e., not a real pace bowler) and the media (that he is in the team only because of his City Club thing) wrong.
Old August 26, 2003, 05:43 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Don't worry (Chicken curry) he will prove you wrong.