facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 5, 2010, 08:56 PM
Cricket Sage

i'm entitled to support who i want to support who are you to tell me? if i show up in the stadium painting my face in Australian/West Indies/South African/Indian/Srilankan/kenyan/Dutch or whatever color, i'll use my own money to do it. so i don't see why there's a problem. and if you think i'm losing my self respect that's fine i'm losing MY self respect leave it up to me.

did these guys lose their self respect by supporting shakib??

Old January 5, 2010, 09:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
these guys have the bodypart below their umbilicus showing...so yes!
Old January 5, 2010, 09:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
these guys have the bodypart below their umbilicus showing...so yes!
lol good one! seriously...what's the man in the yellow spacesuit? either he is having a bad acid trip or he thinks he is an a star wars movie...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 5, 2010, 10:44 PM
Forever Bangy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
seriously...what's the man in the yellow spacesuit? either he is having a bad acid trip or he thinks he is an a star wars movie...
I think it's a banana suit. Which makes a lot more sense, of course.
Old January 5, 2010, 11:22 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rev. Dave Chappelle

Apni kun baganer ghash khan bhai?

Porer ghorer ghoroni ke apon bolata ki losing self respect? Just curious...
Old January 5, 2010, 11:30 PM
Test Cricketer

I dont mind having individual support for players....fans are fanatic about their heroes and there is nothing wrong with it.....weather it is " marry me afridi" or " yuvi my prince" ........but it certainly upsets me when people don the 'indian or paki" flag ......or colour ones face with the neighbours colours "paki or indian"...........we have still got these stooge mentality in all speeres of our life and we need to desperately get out of this for our nation to progress in life......
Old January 5, 2010, 11:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
i'm entitled to support who i want to support who are you to tell me? if i show up in the stadium painting my face in Australian/West Indies/South African/Indian/Srilankan/kenyan/Dutch or whatever color, i'll use my own money to do it. so i don't see why there's a problem. and if you think i'm losing my self respect that's fine i'm losing MY self respect leave it up to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with cheering* and supporting** a different country (no matter what the history between that and my country is) unless they're playing against my team. However, I would actually never go to a match painting on myself some other country's flag, coz to me that's something only my own flag deserves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_club
Firstly I would never do that coz I know I’m pure breed and I love my country ..
dear bangladesh_sy bro and some of you, have misunderstood me or the issue here or i may have failed to express what i meant. Yeah, i agree, waving other country's flag or cheering for them, there is nothing wrong with it. BUT the problem arises, when Someone Paints his BODY with Other country's FLAG. Its totally different than writing players name in your body. As Purbasha_T rightly said, to me that's something only my own flag deserves. Besides Purbasha_T, wiseshah and tiger_club have pointed out the main issue which i was referring to.

In addition, this issue is something that no one can say you are right, you are wrong, its something which depends on individual likings. so everybody is entitled to make his own choice. thanks
Old January 5, 2010, 11:58 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rev. Dave Chappelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by asddsa
waving other country's flag or cheering for them, there is nothing wrong with it. BUT the problem arises, when Someone Paints his BODY with Other country's FLAG. ...that's something only my own flag deserves.

Reading that line gave me pause.

When they are painting their body, they are expressing support for the CRICKET TEAM guy...it says little about anything else. They are probably just as patriotic as the rest of us.

I think patriotism is fine in issues pertaining to the matter, but SPORT...is not an isolated demand....its magic and message is LOVE...love thy neighbour...check the patriotism at the door, and one cares so, there are many avenues to express love of country other than to question the nationalism of others.

Besides, this whole border nation state thing is a 20th century concept. Its globalizing, its meshing, whether anyone likes it or not....
Old January 6, 2010, 12:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Supporting India or Srilanka in India vs Srilanka match is not wrong. They will not support India and Srilanka when they will play against bangladesh.
Btw I dont think the supporters coloured body with indian flag colours was not Bangladeshi as they were very few in numbers. And by holding Indian or Srilankan flags, i think we showed our sportsmanship. In India and other subcontinental countries you will not find many people coming stadium for watchin match between two other nations.
Old January 6, 2010, 12:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno

When they are painting their body, they are expressing support for the CRICKET TEAM guy...it says little about anything else. They are probably just as patriotic as the rest of us.

I think patriotism is fine in issues pertaining to the matter, but SPORT...is not an isolated demand....its magic and message is LOVE...love thy neighbour...check the patriotism at the door, and one cares so, there are many avenues to express love of country other than to question the nationalism of others.

Besides, this whole border nation state thing is a 20th century concept. Its globalizing, its meshing, whether anyone likes it or not....

u knw bro, i liked ur comments and i hope every words of yours come true. But the reality is totally different. I live in Sydney, here i have got many indian, paki frnds. Everytime there is a match between India/Pak with other countries, I do cheer for them. But you will be sorry to knw tht, its not same case when Bangladesh plays with other countries. They always treat me as a minnow or even they dnt care me forget abt frndship and brotherhood. So, u can say me, its your tough luck that you got poor minded indian/paki frnds. But trust me, most of the indians or pakis dnt treat us well, they see us as an unwanted guest !
Old January 6, 2010, 12:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno

Hey!!!! bruno has stopped with the gay undertones !!!

You actuallly speak lot of sense when you are not fooling around. I concur 100 percent on the above post.
Old January 6, 2010, 12:29 AM
Banned

i'll tell you what we need, we need creative chanting, like in wrestling. like when yuvrajn or harbajan singh is on batting or bowling let's chant all together
'go make lassi go make lassi' they can't throw away the entire stadium now can they?
Old January 6, 2010, 12:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
sorry can't agree. doesn't matter how bigger friend the other guy is, i will never paint their coutrys flag on me... I know at least all my friends will not or may be at least most of them will not
*like*
It seems unfair to Bangladesh cricket team if Bangladeshis give preference to some other team over BD. I know many Bangladeshis who dont follow Bangladeshi cricket, but are aware of who is pakistan's U15 teams waterboy. We must take pride in our team and show as much support as possible
Also we can think about this scenario:
A boy from Manchester, supports Manchester United. And in an ARS-LIV game he puts on a liverpool jersey on his body, paints his face in Liverpool colours. Seems odd. Something very very similiar is happening in Bangladesh atm

Last edited by beshideshi; January 6, 2010 at 12:41 AM..
Old January 6, 2010, 12:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Fans do crazy things, it's nothing in comparison to what we have seen in BD before.

In 80s, Haven't you seen BD girls Fans) running into the football field and kissing the players of Iranian Sofedrut Club or something like that?? That was on TV and all over media.

A simple placard from the gallery is quiet innocent & people generally don't mean it literally. May have weird placards to attract the cameras, just enjoying the time & having fun.

Last edited by BANFAN; January 6, 2010 at 12:49 AM..
Old January 6, 2010, 01:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash Lara Fizz Taskin TI

As long as Bangladeshi fans are not supporting foreign teams when they are playing against Bangladesh, I guess anything is fine. Period

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old January 6, 2010, 01:20 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Fans do crazy things, it's nothing in comparison to what we have seen in BD before.

In 80s, Haven't you seen BD girls Fans) running into the football field and kissing the players of Iranian Sofedrut Club or something like that?? That was on TV and all over media.

A simple placard from the gallery is quiet innocent & people generally don't mean it literally. May have weird placards to attract the cameras, just enjoying the time & having fun.

what is wrong with bengali girls. bengali girls gone wild..
Old January 6, 2010, 03:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

I thought I was the only one who got bugged by this!

I must confess that I used to have too many Paki friends back in the days and I used to support their team. But at the time, I did not follow cricket much as BD was terrible at it. Having said that, I never did, now will I ever paint my face or body with Indian or Paki flag!

My friends back in the days would keep their tabs on BD cricket as well just because I was from BD. But never in my life have I seen an Indian or Paki paint his/her face/body with BD flag. Why should I?

Sportsmanship? No I don't think that is what this is. I think its more of a feeling of insecurity followed by a wish to be someone else. Then again that is what I think. Everybody is entitled to her/his own thing!

Hope BD kicks *** soon and all BD people feel secure.
P.S. The Indian movies do have an effect on a lot of subcontinental girls, and somehow they expect to be "saved" by a hero from a bunch of "ghundas". LMAO
Old January 6, 2010, 03:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Personally, I find it a bit odd that any significant number of Bangladeshis (like even 1/5000) would bother to dress up in another country's flag when we got our own team. There's nothing wrong with waving pictures of Yuvraj and Sanga etc or cheering for them in a neutral game. We are good sporting people and we even enjoy watching a good innings from someone like Tendulkar maybe against us (I don't personally).

But a flag is a symbol of freedom and identity. Individually someone does it, its their own choice. But collectively, if I see a stand full of Bangladeshi ppl all wearing and waving Indian flags, something is wrong with our psyche.

Of course, like many said, if you go with Indian friends or sth and they do it, why not join the fun. Are you guys even sure many Bangladeshis do that? I remember it used to annoy the heck out of me when I was in school (dhaka) and some of my classmates would support India over their motherland, just because we were bad.

And yes, my Indian friends here do always tease me about how crap Bangladesh is..dnno how serious they are. My Lankan friends though seem to love ashraful, and love it when we win against any team..seem to share a sense of pride. Us bangalis mostly feel the same about other sub-continental teams. Must be coz we're the coolest two nations in SE Asia
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

actually when we toured pakistan, there were pakistani kids who were painted with both pakistani and bangladesh flags on their faces.
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozy
I thought I was the only one who got bugged by this!

I must confess that I used to have too many Paki friends back in the days and I used to support their team. But at the time, I did not follow cricket much as BD was terrible at it. Having said that, I never did, now will I ever paint my face or body with Indian or Paki flag!

My friends back in the days would keep their tabs on BD cricket as well just because I was from BD. But never in my life have I seen an Indian or Paki paint his/her face/body with BD flag. Why should I?

Sportsmanship? No I don't think that is what this is. I think its more of a feeling of insecurity followed by a wish to be someone else. Then again that is what I think. Everybody is entitled to her/his own thing!
LOL....nope bro...u r not alone. we knw this fact coz we lived closely with Indian/paki frnds and we knw how they react towards our country. They may like u as an individual frnds but whenever its come to Bangladesh word, they seem to be totally different human being.
Old January 6, 2010, 03:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
actually when we toured pakistan, there were pakistani kids who were painted with both pakistani and bangladesh flags on their faces.
What do u mean by "we toured"?

Kids are always neutral..but good on their parents for letting them

Wonder if any Indian members here would have their faces painted in our flag? Or others for that matter? Would be funny if someone could find a pic of Sakib waving a Pakistani flag at the stadium from the olden days...
Old January 6, 2010, 04:36 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: SRT,Ash,Saki,dhoni,drvid

India all the way..My fav team only next to Bnagladesh!
whats wrong in supporting your favourite team or player when your own nation isnt particiapting...dont you support football nations like Brazil,Germany, Argentina etc even when the players and nation doesnt even know that how big their fan base is in our country...when football worldcup arrives, there are other nations flag on our roof top, roads etc...why doesnt that bother u ( thread opener)?????????????????
Old January 6, 2010, 05:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
A boy from Manchester, supports Manchester United. And in an ARS-LIV game he puts on a liverpool jersey on his body, paints his face in Liverpool colours. Seems odd. Something very very similiar is happening in Bangladesh atm
My point exactly. It's ODD and that's about it.
Old January 6, 2010, 06:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Both that is, she had both flags.

but anyway, everyone..heyy! don't take this matter too seriously. it's just some of us don't find it tasteful to do so when our own country is involved.

I wouldn't do it, but if my fellow countrymen do it I wouldn't condemn it. But If the same person (if he's a BD man) from yesterday doesn't turn up in BD's match as well with BD's flag painted on himself, I'm sure all of us would find it odd. But still, that shouldn't make us judgemental and start talking about patriotism or how much he loves his country etc etc. Diff people have diff reasons, and point of views; we can't force ours on them.

So ease it out a little.

Last edited by Purbasha T; January 6, 2010 at 06:21 AM..
Old January 6, 2010, 07:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cric_mady
India all the way..My fav team only next to Bnagladesh!
whats wrong in supporting your favourite team or player when your own nation isnt particiapting...dont you support football nations like Brazil,Germany, Argentina etc even when the players and nation doesnt even know that how big their fan base is in our country...when football worldcup arrives, there are other nations flag on our roof top, roads etc...why doesnt that bother u ( thread opener)?????????????????
buddy....plz read my all the post carefully and then make comment. i m tried of telling u tht, the main issue is not only to support any other country besides bd. there is no holding back u to support other country, but the question is to what extend u can support them !? anyway, seems like u havent got the main issue till now. so dnt bother anymore. i am happy to knw that few others also realized the fact. and i am also saying again and again, its a personal view. i aint oppressing u to agree with me, i just wanted to have a healthy discussion but in the process, if you got hurt, then i am extremely sorry to hurt you. happy now....peace \/