facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #126  
Old December 23, 2010, 01:38 PM
dolcevita dolcevita is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 3, 2009
Favorite Player: Shakib
Posts: 3,202

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
ya personal i guess,maybe he doesnt want to be surrounded by IPL cheerleaders,attend in late night parties,listen to SRKhn's dirty jokes etc.
Shame he is probably current best batsman in the world (in form)
this guy is a runs machine

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Reply With Quote

  #127  
Old December 23, 2010, 01:46 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 5,620

They are taking Tamim and shak just to get support from the entire BD population.... Nothing else

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old December 23, 2010, 01:51 PM
22Yards's Avatar
22Yards 22Yards is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 29, 2010
Location: ∞
Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain
Posts: 1,305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
I do not like BCCI and the way they manage IPL; but events like ICL or IPL are good for the players, for the spectators and for the game. So, if got picked, Shakib and co. must play the IPL. Players do not earn much money in cricket compared to other high profile sports. IPL is a good option. The quality of cricket in the IPL is quite high as well.
I think they should obviously play but dont quite agree with that. The quality of IPL is not so standard for cricket. But the reason I want to see my boys to play there is because its an opportunity to play alongside big names and it doesnt come so easily all the time. I am not saying learn from IPL, just saying learn from the players who play IPL.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old December 23, 2010, 01:52 PM
22Yards's Avatar
22Yards 22Yards is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 29, 2010
Location: ∞
Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain
Posts: 1,305

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
they are taking tamim and shak just to get support from the entire bd population.... Nothing else

posted via bc mobile edition (iphone)
d.u.h
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old December 23, 2010, 01:53 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 5,620

Just saying.....

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old December 23, 2010, 02:48 PM
Baundule's Avatar
Baundule Baundule is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 5, 2004
Favorite Player: Lara
Posts: 5,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
I think they should obviously play but dont quite agree with that. The quality of IPL is not so standard for cricket. But the reason I want to see my boys to play there is because its an opportunity to play alongside big names and it doesnt come so easily all the time. I am not saying learn from IPL, just saying learn from the players who play IPL.
Why are IPL matches sub-standard? Teams are neck-to-neck and the tournament is so competitive that you do not know the semi finalists even before the last one or two matches.

If the question is, T20 vs test, then that is a different story. Shorter format of the game needs a different set of skills and that's the charm of it.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old December 24, 2010, 01:12 PM
max410's Avatar
max410 max410 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 22, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: many ..
Posts: 531

Bd needs to beat India in world cup then their IPL money will come automatically on BD players they need another thrashing from BD team
__________________
GO TIGERS!!!!! \m/
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old December 24, 2010, 06:18 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 10,007

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
I think they should obviously play but dont quite agree with that. The quality of IPL is not so standard for cricket. But the reason I want to see my boys to play there is because its an opportunity to play alongside big names and it doesnt come so easily all the time. I am not saying learn from IPL, just saying learn from the players who play IPL.
I think IPL offers the highest T20 standard, although I am not a big fan of IPL. How will our players learn from other IPL players? Ask them for some lessons?
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old December 25, 2010, 07:16 PM
FagunerAgun FagunerAgun is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 18, 2006
Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar
Posts: 5,636

Apperantly a good news, but what is behind the curtain?
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old December 25, 2010, 11:42 PM
22Yards's Avatar
22Yards 22Yards is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 29, 2010
Location: ∞
Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain
Posts: 1,305

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
I think IPL offers the highest T20 standard, although I am not a big fan of IPL. How will our players learn from other IPL players? Ask them for some lessons?
The only reason i said "low standard" is because the priority isnt a players ability rather their popularity. Its a tournament thats made to MAKE MONEY and not intended for the development of cricket itself.

and Yes i do mean taking a lesson or two from world class cricketers.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old December 26, 2010, 12:00 AM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 17,780

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
The only reason i said "low standard" is because the priority isnt a players ability rather their popularity.
Ya popularity has a lot to do with it, because big names = big money = big support. But players popularity doesn't win franchises games or the tournament. Its the players ability that win games. If you saw the first edition of IPL you would know Warne still has it in him to do wonders that's ability not popularity, if you watched the 2nd edition of IPL you would know players like Kallis and Dravid who were labeled as the worse T20 batsman ever turned it all around for Bangalore and led from the front. That's their ability not popularity. Players might get paid based on how popular they are but that doesn't win them matches. Standard of IPL is as high as it gets for T20. I can't think of anywhere else in the world where you can find better T20 standard than IPL.

How is it possible for IPL to be 'low standard' when a team containing players like - Dale Steyn, Kallis, Cameron White, Ross Taylor, Dravid, Kumble, and many more well established players play against a team containing players like - Sachin, Zaheer, Malinga, Bhaji, Pollard, Bravo, Duminy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
tournament thats made to MAKE MONEY and not intended for the development of cricket itself.
well off course its made to make money, money runs the world without money you think Ashes or even World Cup would take place? As for development of cricket itself, if you look at it from T20 perspective it is developing cricket. It might not help our cricketers (BD cricketers) but it definitely developing better T20 players for India. Its their league and doing what it is suppose to do for them.
__________________
"I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates"- Tamim Iqbal

Last edited by Ajfar; December 26, 2010 at 12:08 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old December 26, 2010, 01:10 AM
22Yards's Avatar
22Yards 22Yards is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 29, 2010
Location: ∞
Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain
Posts: 1,305

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Ya popularity has a lot to do with it, because big names = big money = big support. But players popularity doesn't win franchises games or the tournament. Its the players ability that win games. If you saw the first edition of IPL you would know Warne still has it in him to do wonders that's ability not popularity, if you watched the 2nd edition of IPL you would know players like Kallis and Dravid who were labeled as the worse T20 batsman ever turned it all around for Bangalore and led from the front. That's their ability not popularity. Players might get paid based on how popular they are but that doesn't win them matches. Standard of IPL is as high as it gets for T20. I can't think of anywhere else in the world where you can find better T20 standard than IPL.

How is it possible for IPL to be 'low standard' when a team containing players like - Dale Steyn, Kallis, Cameron White, Ross Taylor, Dravid, Kumble, and many more well established players play against a team containing players like - Sachin, Zaheer, Malinga, Bhaji, Pollard, Bravo, Duminy.



well off course its made to make money, money runs the world without money you think Ashes or even World Cup would take place? As for development of cricket itself, if you look at it from T20 perspective it is developing cricket. It might not help our cricketers (BD cricketers) but it definitely developing better T20 players for India. Its their league and doing what it is suppose to do for them.
Players arent playing for their team or for the game cricket but for money. Everything is related to money, power, popularity and politics. And neither of those four things are recipes for healthy cricket. Now for me that is enough to recognize this event as a step down from standard. That comparison with the Ashes was a bit too far i believe.

IPL = entertainment > sportsmanship.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old December 26, 2010, 01:26 AM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 17,780

we are talkng about T20 here not test or ODI. So show me how is IPL step down from standard from other T20 leagues?When you say power politics thats all behind the scene. Like i said power poltics popularity does win you games. Power politics doesnt lower the standard of IPL. When the players step into to the field its about who they are and what they are capable of thats what defines standard of the game not whos getting paid what and whos got what kind of connection with who.

How do you know players are only playing for money? Do you want them to play for free? I have no idea what you are talking about so elaborate please

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Last edited by Ajfar; December 26, 2010 at 01:31 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old December 26, 2010, 03:57 AM
shujan shujan is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 27, 2004
Posts: 1,283

Last year Shakib was not picked in IPL auction by any team. Mash played in Kolkata team as he was picked the year before and was not released by the team. Last year none of the Bangladeshi player was picked. This year may be the same due to reason other then individual cricket quality.
__________________
[Follow signature rules]
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old December 26, 2010, 02:06 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 10,007

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujan
Last year Shakib was not picked in IPL auction by any team. Mash played in Kolkata team as he was picked the year before and was not released by the team. Last year none of the Bangladeshi player was picked. This year may be the same due to reason other then individual cricket quality.
IPL has a lot of politics. Some dirty. This is why I would be happy if our players start going their after a couple of more years. They would be better prepared to deal with it.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old December 30, 2010, 06:56 AM
zainab zainab is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 16, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib
Posts: 4,650

With England, SA, NZ players wanting to play in the IPL, how can players from BD get a chance,
the only person i see getting a chance is Tamim.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old December 30, 2010, 07:12 AM
dolcevita dolcevita is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 3, 2009
Favorite Player: Shakib
Posts: 3,202

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
With England, SA, NZ players wanting to play in the IPL, how can players from BD get a chance,
the only person i see getting a chance is Tamim.
Bangladesh haven't beat NZ 4-0 ?
Vettori looks ordinary when you compares his ODI stats with Shakib's records

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old December 30, 2010, 07:28 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Posts: 18,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
Players arent playing for their team or for the game cricket but for money. Everything is related to money, power, popularity and politics. And neither of those four things are recipes for healthy cricket. Now for me that is enough to recognize this event as a step down from standard.

IPL = entertainment > sportsmanship.
At the end of the Day, IPL teams play on the field and beat opponents. All the teams are packed with the best performers of the world. How can it be of low standard?

There is more money in English premier league, have their standard gone down? More money, means more pressure on the players to perform better.

Sports is supposed to be a part of entertainment. If it wasn't entertaining, people there would be as much spectators as you could expect in a Kheyal Evening (Classical Music Evening). So, if IPL is entertaining, that means they attract more people on the ground. These public presence adds to more pressure on the players to perform better.

IPL is yet too big a stage for our players to handle. That's why I want these guys to take a bit more time before they come to IPL. But I won;t mind if Shak/Tamim is bought by some side. These two probably can protect themselves.
__________________
[Post CWC15 Consistency Record: [B]Test: W-0 L-1 D-1/B]// ODI: W-3 L-0 // T20: W-1 L-0]
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old December 30, 2010, 07:30 AM
shakibrulz's Avatar
shakibrulz shakibrulz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 10, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 4,370

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
With England, SA, NZ players wanting to play in the IPL, how can players from BD get a chance,
the only person i see getting a chance is Tamim.
Tamim? Don't see him getting to play imo, Shakib is the only BD player with good T20 record.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old January 1, 2011, 05:07 AM
ziku1's Avatar
ziku1 ziku1 is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: Oz
Favorite Player: amla
Posts: 54

http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/DO...ction_List.pdf

the player list for the auction.

quite a few other bangladeshis in there.

dont think mortaza has any chance of being picked again due to the injury but hopefully some of our other boys get picked and get some money/experience
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old January 1, 2011, 07:31 AM
riankhan's Avatar
riankhan riankhan is offline
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012
 
Join Date: January 9, 2008
Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool
Posts: 2,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziku1
http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/DO...ction_List.pdf

the player list for the auction.
Thanks for the list
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old January 1, 2011, 09:26 AM
Roni_uk's Avatar
Roni_uk Roni_uk is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 22, 2007
Location: Dhaka, London, Sydney
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir
Posts: 15,088

how do they come up with the price structure? Numb one all rounder Shakib is 200K as opposed to some of the other not so all rounders are 400K. Rubel is only 20K compared to some of the unheard of indian players who are 50K. I'd have Rubel in my team any day.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old January 1, 2011, 10:42 AM
jisaan's Avatar
jisaan jisaan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 14, 2004
Location: Nijhum Dwip
Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag
Posts: 4,743
Default what's d base price of Lota Kamal?

what's his base price?
__________________
Bangladesh's Win (agt any team) = 100% Joy
India's Loss (agt any team) = 100% Joy
So, only opportunity for me to double my joy is when Bangladesh BEATs India!!!
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old January 1, 2011, 11:48 AM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 17,780

Roni bhai who knows Rubel beside you me and other BD fans? If you ask me the cheaper your base price is the bigger chance you have of getting picked. I thought last year Shakibs base price was too high. If he was only up for $50,000 or less teams would be intersted in him because thats a really good deal and if it works out great if it doesnt it doesnt matter to them they didn't pay that much for him.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old January 1, 2011, 11:59 AM
jisaan's Avatar
jisaan jisaan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 14, 2004
Location: Nijhum Dwip
Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag
Posts: 4,743
Default tamim has a brand name

tamim has a brand name in world cricket!
viru & tamim are d most destructive openers in world cricket
it would be shame if IPL teams don't fight over his inclusion

Shakib has been the most talked about bangladesh cricketer in the last couple of years or so....
he's probably the best left arm spinner alongwith Vettori
he can get off to a flyer from the very 1st ball and fields better than most of the indians and, all pakistanis.
don't see any reason why he won't be picked...
__________________
Bangladesh's Win (agt any team) = 100% Joy
India's Loss (agt any team) = 100% Joy
So, only opportunity for me to double my joy is when Bangladesh BEATs India!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket