facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 23, 2010, 01:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
ya personal i guess,maybe he doesnt want to be surrounded by IPL cheerleaders,attend in late night parties,listen to SRKhn's dirty jokes etc.
Shame he is probably current best batsman in the world (in form)
this guy is a runs machine

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Old December 23, 2010, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

They are taking Tamim and shak just to get support from the entire BD population.... Nothing else

Old December 23, 2010, 01:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
I do not like BCCI and the way they manage IPL; but events like ICL or IPL are good for the players, for the spectators and for the game. So, if got picked, Shakib and co. must play the IPL. Players do not earn much money in cricket compared to other high profile sports. IPL is a good option. The quality of cricket in the IPL is quite high as well.
I think they should obviously play but dont quite agree with that. The quality of IPL is not so standard for cricket. But the reason I want to see my boys to play there is because its an opportunity to play alongside big names and it doesnt come so easily all the time. I am not saying learn from IPL, just saying learn from the players who play IPL.
Old December 23, 2010, 01:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
they are taking tamim and shak just to get support from the entire bd population.... Nothing else

posted via bc mobile edition (iphone)
d.u.h
Old December 23, 2010, 01:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Just saying.....

Old December 23, 2010, 02:48 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
I think they should obviously play but dont quite agree with that. The quality of IPL is not so standard for cricket. But the reason I want to see my boys to play there is because its an opportunity to play alongside big names and it doesnt come so easily all the time. I am not saying learn from IPL, just saying learn from the players who play IPL.
Why are IPL matches sub-standard? Teams are neck-to-neck and the tournament is so competitive that you do not know the semi finalists even before the last one or two matches.

If the question is, T20 vs test, then that is a different story. Shorter format of the game needs a different set of skills and that's the charm of it.
Old December 24, 2010, 01:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

Bd needs to beat India in world cup then their IPL money will come automatically on BD players they need another thrashing from BD team
Old December 24, 2010, 06:18 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
I think IPL offers the highest T20 standard, although I am not a big fan of IPL. How will our players learn from other IPL players? Ask them for some lessons?
Old December 25, 2010, 07:16 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Apperantly a good news, but what is behind the curtain?
Old December 25, 2010, 11:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
I think IPL offers the highest T20 standard, although I am not a big fan of IPL. How will our players learn from other IPL players? Ask them for some lessons?
The only reason i said "low standard" is because the priority isnt a players ability rather their popularity. Its a tournament thats made to MAKE MONEY and not intended for the development of cricket itself.

and Yes i do mean taking a lesson or two from world class cricketers.
Old December 26, 2010, 12:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
The only reason i said "low standard" is because the priority isnt a players ability rather their popularity.
Ya popularity has a lot to do with it, because big names = big money = big support. But players popularity doesn't win franchises games or the tournament. Its the players ability that win games. If you saw the first edition of IPL you would know Warne still has it in him to do wonders that's ability not popularity, if you watched the 2nd edition of IPL you would know players like Kallis and Dravid who were labeled as the worse T20 batsman ever turned it all around for Bangalore and led from the front. That's their ability not popularity. Players might get paid based on how popular they are but that doesn't win them matches. Standard of IPL is as high as it gets for T20. I can't think of anywhere else in the world where you can find better T20 standard than IPL.

How is it possible for IPL to be 'low standard' when a team containing players like - Dale Steyn, Kallis, Cameron White, Ross Taylor, Dravid, Kumble, and many more well established players play against a team containing players like - Sachin, Zaheer, Malinga, Bhaji, Pollard, Bravo, Duminy.

Quote:
tournament thats made to MAKE MONEY and not intended for the development of cricket itself.
well off course its made to make money, money runs the world without money you think Ashes or even World Cup would take place? As for development of cricket itself, if you look at it from T20 perspective it is developing cricket. It might not help our cricketers (BD cricketers) but it definitely developing better T20 players for India. Its their league and doing what it is suppose to do for them.

Last edited by Ajfar; December 26, 2010 at 12:08 AM..
Old December 26, 2010, 01:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Ya popularity has a lot to do with it, because big names = big money = big support. But players popularity doesn't win franchises games or the tournament. Its the players ability that win games. If you saw the first edition of IPL you would know Warne still has it in him to do wonders that's ability not popularity, if you watched the 2nd edition of IPL you would know players like Kallis and Dravid who were labeled as the worse T20 batsman ever turned it all around for Bangalore and led from the front. That's their ability not popularity. Players might get paid based on how popular they are but that doesn't win them matches. Standard of IPL is as high as it gets for T20. I can't think of anywhere else in the world where you can find better T20 standard than IPL.

How is it possible for IPL to be 'low standard' when a team containing players like - Dale Steyn, Kallis, Cameron White, Ross Taylor, Dravid, Kumble, and many more well established players play against a team containing players like - Sachin, Zaheer, Malinga, Bhaji, Pollard, Bravo, Duminy.

well off course its made to make money, money runs the world without money you think Ashes or even World Cup would take place? As for development of cricket itself, if you look at it from T20 perspective it is developing cricket. It might not help our cricketers (BD cricketers) but it definitely developing better T20 players for India. Its their league and doing what it is suppose to do for them.
Players arent playing for their team or for the game cricket but for money. Everything is related to money, power, popularity and politics. And neither of those four things are recipes for healthy cricket. Now for me that is enough to recognize this event as a step down from standard. That comparison with the Ashes was a bit too far i believe.

IPL = entertainment > sportsmanship.
Old December 26, 2010, 01:26 AM
Cricket Sage

we are talkng about T20 here not test or ODI. So show me how is IPL step down from standard from other T20 leagues?When you say power politics thats all behind the scene. Like i said power poltics popularity does win you games. Power politics doesnt lower the standard of IPL. When the players step into to the field its about who they are and what they are capable of thats what defines standard of the game not whos getting paid what and whos got what kind of connection with who.

How do you know players are only playing for money? Do you want them to play for free? I have no idea what you are talking about so elaborate please

Last edited by Ajfar; December 26, 2010 at 01:31 AM..
Old December 26, 2010, 03:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Last year Shakib was not picked in IPL auction by any team. Mash played in Kolkata team as he was picked the year before and was not released by the team. Last year none of the Bangladeshi player was picked. This year may be the same due to reason other then individual cricket quality.
Old December 26, 2010, 02:06 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujan
Last year Shakib was not picked in IPL auction by any team. Mash played in Kolkata team as he was picked the year before and was not released by the team. Last year none of the Bangladeshi player was picked. This year may be the same due to reason other then individual cricket quality.
IPL has a lot of politics. Some dirty. This is why I would be happy if our players start going their after a couple of more years. They would be better prepared to deal with it.
Old December 30, 2010, 06:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

With England, SA, NZ players wanting to play in the IPL, how can players from BD get a chance,
the only person i see getting a chance is Tamim.
Old December 30, 2010, 07:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
With England, SA, NZ players wanting to play in the IPL, how can players from BD get a chance,
Bangladesh haven't beat NZ 4-0 ?
Vettori looks ordinary when you compares his ODI stats with Shakib's records

Old December 30, 2010, 07:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Players arent playing for their team or for the game cricket but for money. Everything is related to money, power, popularity and politics. And neither of those four things are recipes for healthy cricket. Now for me that is enough to recognize this event as a step down from standard.

IPL = entertainment > sportsmanship.
At the end of the Day, IPL teams play on the field and beat opponents. All the teams are packed with the best performers of the world. How can it be of low standard?

There is more money in English premier league, have their standard gone down? More money, means more pressure on the players to perform better.

Sports is supposed to be a part of entertainment. If it wasn't entertaining, people there would be as much spectators as you could expect in a Kheyal Evening (Classical Music Evening). So, if IPL is entertaining, that means they attract more people on the ground. These public presence adds to more pressure on the players to perform better.

IPL is yet too big a stage for our players to handle. That's why I want these guys to take a bit more time before they come to IPL. But I won;t mind if Shak/Tamim is bought by some side. These two probably can protect themselves.
Old December 30, 2010, 07:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Tamim? Don't see him getting to play imo, Shakib is the only BD player with good T20 record.
Old January 1, 2011, 05:07 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: amla

http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/DO...ction_List.pdf

the player list for the auction.

quite a few other bangladeshis in there.

dont think mortaza has any chance of being picked again due to the injury but hopefully some of our other boys get picked and get some money/experience
Old January 1, 2011, 07:31 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziku1
http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/DO...ction_List.pdf

the player list for the auction.
Thanks for the list
Old January 1, 2011, 09:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

how do they come up with the price structure? Numb one all rounder Shakib is 200K as opposed to some of the other not so all rounders are 400K. Rubel is only 20K compared to some of the unheard of indian players who are 50K. I'd have Rubel in my team any day.
Old January 1, 2011, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag
Default what's d base price of Lota Kamal?

what's his base price?
Old January 1, 2011, 11:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Roni bhai who knows Rubel beside you me and other BD fans? If you ask me the cheaper your base price is the bigger chance you have of getting picked. I thought last year Shakibs base price was too high. If he was only up for $50,000 or less teams would be intersted in him because thats a really good deal and if it works out great if it doesnt it doesnt matter to them they didn't pay that much for him.

Old January 1, 2011, 11:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag
Default tamim has a brand name

tamim has a brand name in world cricket!
viru & tamim are d most destructive openers in world cricket
it would be shame if IPL teams don't fight over his inclusion

Shakib has been the most talked about bangladesh cricketer in the last couple of years or so....
he's probably the best left arm spinner alongwith Vettori
he can get off to a flyer from the very 1st ball and fields better than most of the indians and, all pakistanis.
don't see any reason why he won't be picked...