facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old February 4, 2008, 11:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

My game ball goes to Giants Front four. The relentless pressure they brought on Brady through out the game was like .... desrupted his timing. Offense may get all the glory but defense wins Championship.

Also the Giants offense made the game almost 3 quarters instead of 4 for their defense (9:59 minute opening drive, longest drive in superbowl history, killed the clock in the first Quarter). Brady had warmed up seemed like 40 mins back. He came out rusty sitting on the sideline for so long. Another issue for the NE. They should have kept him loose on the sideline.

In NE game plan, I didn't see their one of the biggest weapon be used enough (marooni). I know Brady is the man, Moss is the go to guy, the wide receivers are like "money", but when a Quarterback is having trouble setting his feet in because of the pressure, you bring in running game that was so affective thought out the playoffs, specially on the forth quarters. chargers could not handle him nor could Jags. Time wasn't a factor at all while NE was marching. Left too much time on the clock 2:45 with 3 time outs and a two minute warning.

(And for the 4th and 13 call, I wouldn't mind calling the play also. A pass interference could give a first down. With Tom having that much time on that play I thought they would have it. But luckily he missed the target.)

So, I think Bichhi-chick should take this loss on him for not being on top of his game.

As for Tom Coughlin, discipline can fix a talented but disarray team to champions. Who knew?

Have to mention the game changing play: Manning trapped in the pocket, caught by the NE defense some how makes a Hudini act and escapes only to lob it down the field to an amazing catch by David Tyree inbetween two defenders. The ball almost got lost buy somehow with the help of his helmet he held on to it. That was for 3rd and 5 play which went 32 yards. I was looking for no penalty flags please.

Enjoyed the Superbowl to the fullest.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; February 4, 2008 at 11:42 AM..

Old February 4, 2008, 11:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Its ok to be arrogant after the fact beacuse there is no risk involved... but it may not be ok to be arrogant before the fact.... because we cannot control the future...

And its definitely NOT ok to continue to be arrogant after the fact that the prediction was completely wrong.
Old February 4, 2008, 11:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Marooni & Brady were converted into Macaroni (& Cheese) and (Garlic) Bread by the Giant's defensive linemen.
Old February 4, 2008, 11:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Its ok to be arrogant after the fact beacuse there is no risk involved... but it may not be ok to be arrogant before the fact.... because we cannot control the future...

And its definitely NOT ok to continue to be arrogant after the fact that the prediction was completely wrong.
Sure bro, Im arrogant. I've never denied it. Sometimes thats the key to a successful life... Congrats to the Giants one last time and Im out. Join you guys next season...
Old February 4, 2008, 11:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

NE cannot play outside their stadium, referees and without there cheating videos PERIOD.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 4, 2008, 12:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
...Sometimes thats the key to a successful life...
I not trying to preach or anything but since I was once a cocky fellow (certainly more than most of the members here) ....

From experience, arrogance can not bring any success in life. Confidence can bring success some. Humbleness will be a shoe-in for success.

Joe Montana, Brady, Aikman all are confident person but not arrogant. Randy Moss on the other hand, proclaiming he is the greatest wide receiver ever after breaking Jerry Rice's single season touchdown record is nothing but arrogant.

Jerry Rice had 22 touchdown in 12 games, a strike shortened season. Whereas, Randy Moss had 23 TDs for the entire 18 games season to break it. We all know who is the best ofcourse.
Old February 5, 2008, 10:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Missed the final quarter of the game, shown here live on Ten Sports, on account of a sadly unavoidable meeting inside the Cantonment.
hmmmmm... duiyee duiyee char.... everything makes sense now.
Old February 7, 2008, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Went to the parade the other day. It was quite an experience.
Old February 7, 2008, 11:01 AM
Cricket Savant

No pictures?? jhari maro kaan? Proof lagbey.
Old February 7, 2008, 12:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Lol. I will post some tonight.