facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old August 21, 2006, 03:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default College Football 2006-07

Two weeks to go.

Can Texas repeat?? Oklahoma's QB (Savior) is out from the program. Colorado, I don't even consider them.

Can USC (trojans) reload? Cal wants to turn the table. UCLA, Arizona, Washington all licking their wounds from the past years and want to dish it out this time.

Will SEC kill each other? Georgia, Auburn, Florida, LSU 1st tier. Tenn, Bama, South Carolina, Hogs 2nd tier.

Bowden the big boss is looking for another championship season. Miami, Va Tech in their way.

Ohio State can run the table. Penn, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa will try to prevent it.

This is where it will happen. Your thoughts!! Go Razorbacks. Go SEC!!

Last edited by Tigers_eye; August 21, 2006 at 04:39 PM..

Old August 22, 2006, 08:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Nat'l Title looks like a Fiesta Bowl rematch between Ohio State vs ND. Big early game at Austin (1)Ohio State vs (2) Texas Oct ??.

Louisville and Utah look like really strong mid majors and I just can't see sans superman (V. Young) and Sans Batman & Robin (R. Bush, M. Leinart) USC and Texas winning 9 games.
Old August 23, 2006, 04:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Excellent choice on the Ohio State. Caught me off guard with Notre Dame. Looking at the schedule it does not seem to be a cake wake either.
Week 2 - at Georgia Tech. Week 3 - Penn, Week 4 - Michgan, Week 5 - at Michgan state (potencial loss because of four continuous week of pounding and away game), Week 9 UCLA but have a by week before that, and finally USC in the last game. 2 loss will put them out of any championship hopes which can easily happen. And I don't like ND

How is Louiville's defense? That will determine a lot of things. Utah going nowhere. they had a 6-5 (4-4) season last year.
Old August 23, 2006, 05:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
How is Louiville's defense? That will determine a lot of things. Utah going nowhere. they had a 6-5 (4-4) season last year.
who needs Defense when u score 50 a game? They only have 2 tough games Miami and W. Virginia. I forgot Louisville is in the Big East now, the winner of the W.Virgina/Louisville also has a good chance of being in the Nat'l title game since the big east is a Basketball confrence and no longer a football powerhouse.
Old August 24, 2006, 09:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Now West Virginia is a fine team. The only ranked team they will play all year long would be Louisville. Although their strength of schedule will hurt them but if they can go undefeated and they have a cupcake schedule, they should be in BCS mix if not the Championship game. If (Big if) any other two teams from the big conferences can go undefeated, W V will have no chance.

I am not sure Louisville is that good yet to beat Miami at Miami. Not very many team has done that to Larry Coker.
Old August 30, 2006, 01:22 PM
Cricket Savant

3 more days!!!
Week 1 significant matchups:

Florida State Vs. Miami
This can get any better. championship implications. The loser will have a hard time to crack back at top 5 again this season.

Notre Dame Vs. Georgia Tech
On the Road ND will face some tough resistance.

USC Vs. Arkansas
Last year it was over with in first 5 minutes of the game. At the end, USC hanged 70 points and 700+ yeards of offense. What a difference a year makes. The line is only 8.5 on USC. Go Razorbacks!!

Tenn Vs. UCLA
If Tenn can solve their quarter back issue they can beat anyone. But I think UCLA is too strong this year and comes out victorious.

I don't see any upsets like last year where Oklahoma lost.

Can't wait till saturday.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; August 30, 2006 at 01:30 PM..
Old September 1, 2006, 09:17 AM
Cricket Savant

The Season begins:
BC got a scare. Beat C Michigan 31-24.
Iowa State won on 45-43 3OT against Toledo.
Arizona State starts their campaign by beating N Arizona 35-14

Northwestern tributes their win over Miami (OH) to their fallen Coach Walker (21-3).
Old September 2, 2006, 12:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Ole Ball Coach gets a 15-0 win and the Other USC (South Carolina) looks good for another good season might even get into the SEC title game. Amazing guy can't do anything w/ the redskins but can turn a program like South Carolina around. Pete Caroll got fired by the jets and went to the other USC and got 3 Heismans, 2 Nat'l Title and still has a top 10 program this year after 5 seasons.
Old September 2, 2006, 01:41 PM
BC Editorial Team

Facebook? are you trying to hook up?

Ole ball coach in the gator days was my favorite.
Old September 5, 2006, 09:07 AM
Cricket Savant

No major upsets. few got a scare.

FSU-Miami -defense, defense and some defense. FSU team managed to have a total of 5 yards of rushing yards in the entire game. 5?? 1 in 1st half. 4 in the second and still won, lol. And guess how much Miami had in rushing yards for the match? 4, lol. Combining both teams, 9 yards of rushing in 50 tries. That has to be record. score 13-10 FSU.

Notre Dame - GT. Geez! "How to lose a match 101". That what GT displayed. Personal foul allowed ND to continue the drive and had catches that can be only dreamed off. deflected by defenders falling in to the lap of the receivers. Sad. 14-10 ND.

USC - Ark. USC, a far superior team helped by 3 turnovers in the 1st half giving USC field position inside the opponent territory. still was checked to 10 points at the half. 2nd half the defense was tired, offense turned over again and the game was over for Arkansas. 50-14 USC.

Tenn - UCLA. I for one thought UCLA would show up in this match. Tenn just dominated from the start and never looked back. PAC 10 is over-rated. Cause Tenn is in between 5 and 7 team in SEC.

Others: Oklahoma got a scare. Texas and Ohio State flexed their muscles. That would be an intriging game next week. The buck-eyes are traveling to Austin with revenge in mind. Big ten registered a 100% win for the week one.

Games to watch (week 2): Penn vs ND (home).
Ohio State vs Texas (home).
Arizona vs LSU (home).
Georgia vs South Carolina (home). Georgia is no Mississippi State. Ole ball coach will have a tough time.
Old September 11, 2006, 11:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Associate Press poles Notre Dame as #2, then Auburn, USC and then W Virginia all chasing Ohio State (1). 24-7 beating has made Texas drop to 8. LSU 6, Florida 7 and Georgia at 10. With Florida State at 9.

Iowa-Syracuse game was a classic. Aided by Iowa penulties Syracuse had 7 tries at the end of the game to punch it in from 1st and goal inside the 5 year line. Goal line defense won the game. wow!

Tennessee got a scare from Air force (31-30), Texas Tech won in overtime against UTEP, Louisville, LSU, Va Tech, Michigan, W Virginia, Nabraska, Florida, Cal, Miami, Arizona State, Notre Dame won big. BC beat Clemson (18) in overtime upset.

Adrian Peterson of Oklahoma is on fire. Averaging 152 yards per game with 3 touchdown and 5.4 yards per carry. TCU has the longest winning streak of 12 now in Div 1. Spurrier's offense had a rare shutout. His first season (19 years back) as a headcoach at Duke had one game against Rutgers losing 0-7. Then a span of 193 games of coaching and never been shut out. Speaking of Rutgers they spanked Illinois 33-0. Big ten, lol.
Old September 14, 2006, 11:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Week 3:
Championship implications this week. First teams are the host.

Auburn (4) vs LSU (6) road team holds an edge in this series lol. Loser will be looking at from the outside all year long.
N Dame (2) vs Michgan (11). Road to BCS for N Dame.
USC (3) vs Nabraska (19) an upset will boost Huskers stock. Though I see a route by USC.
Tennessee (13) vs Florida (7). Florida should win this one and wait for the Goergia and Fl St showdown.

Other important matches:

Oregon (15) vs Oklahoma (18).
Louisville (12) vs Miami (FL) (17).
TCU (20) vs T Tech (24).
Iowa (16) vs Iowa. State Rivalry game.
FSU (9) vs Clemson.
Colorado vs Arizona St (22)

Non important match up:
Vandy vs Ark. An Ark loss can start up "fire Nutt" websites. This means almost opening a season with 1-4 record.
Utah St. vs Utah.
Washington vs Fresno St.
Old September 15, 2006, 09:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Music to my ears!!

USC is in hot waters.
"The potential problem for USC goes beyond the trail of money to Bush. The Trojan program could be found by the NCAA to have failed to exert proper institutional control.
Sources told Yahoo! Sports that representatives of New Era were allowed into the USC locker room during the 2005 season. Ornstein and other agents frequented the USC sidelines during several games and numerous practices that season, according to published reports.
Also, McNair allegedly knew of Bush's involvement with the New Era venture before last season's national championship game against Texas, according to two sources. And at one point during the 2005 season, sources say Bush thought that Carroll knew about his parents' living arrangement and feared he was going to conduct his own investigation. Bush called Michaels, instructing that if Carroll called regarding the house to "tell him that you're a longtime family friend." Carroll never called Michaels. "
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?s...yhoo&type=lgns

I like Reggie. I think he is a freak (in a good sense) like Vick. He is a warrick Dunn but only bigger, faster and stronger. That is scary. However, I think unethical practice was done here. I hope the truth comes out from the NCAA and PAC-10 investigation.
Old September 18, 2006, 11:39 AM
Cricket Savant

I usually take the officials side but this week it seems that the officiating was poor. With the help of replay even they could not get some of the crucial calls right.

1. Oklahoma vs Oregon. Oklahoma did everything right. and they should have won the game easily. But the officials missed several key calls and handed the Oregon the Pac-10 team the victory. Guess which conference the crew were from? Yep, Pac-10.

2. LSU-Auburn. Just bad officiating by the SEC crew. They need some serious upgrade if things are to be better. Auburn hold on to dear life with officials giving calls in their favor.

There were some upsets and there were some big wins. Here it went down last week.

Notre Dame lost to Michgan. They were blown out in the first half and could never get back. But I think Brady Quinn is NFL material.

9th ranked Florida State team some how lost to unranked Clemson.

Louisville is stablishing themselves as one of the contenders for this years title chase. I don't think they can get a shot at the title but a BCS bowl will be there. They Killed Miami. For the first time since 1999 Miami is not ranked any more.

W Virgina, Va tech, Ohio State, Penn, Georgia, Texas, Cal, USC crused to their victories.

Florida beat the vols at Nayland Stadium. Big win on the road. 21-20 gators.
BC survived yet again in overtime against BYU. 23-30 overtime.

Next weeks important matchups.
Louisville (8) goes to Kansas State.
Arizona State (20) visits Cal (22).
Penn (24) visits Ohio (1).
Notre Dame (12) goes to Michgan St.

Other matchups:
Arkansas Vs Alabama
USC (3) Vs Arizona
Iowa State Vs Texas (7)
Colorado Vs Georgia (9)
Va tech (11) Vs Cinci
Minn Vs Purdue
Old September 25, 2006, 11:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Boston college ran out of luck and lost to unranked NC State.

N Dame scored 19 unanswered points against Michigan st. in the forth quarter to win by 3. Miracles still follow the Irish.

Colorado almost had a shocker but backup quarterback bailed Georgia out. 14-13 Bulldogs over the visiting Buffaloes.

Oklahoma took out their frustration over Midd Tenn state.

W Virginia's 17 point win is not big enough against East Carolina to put them as a contender.

Alabama Kicker Tiffin gave the game to Arkansas. He missed 3 field goals (inside the 40) and an extra point in the second overtime which was the difference, 23-24 Arkansas. Arkansas with a pityful 3rd conversion rate, 1:2 time of possession has some major work to do before facing Auburn (the big daddy of SEC so far).

LSU, Florida, Florida State, Texas, Tennessee, Clemson, Louisville, Cal, Ohio State, Nabraska all won big.

Next week (week 5) some huge games:
Starting with:
Auburn (2) visiting the Gamecocks and Spurrier.
Georgia Tech (24) visiting Virginia Tech (11).
Alabama going to the Swamp (5).
N Dame Irish (12) taking on the Purdue Boilermakers at south bend.
Old October 2, 2006, 02:21 PM
Cricket Savant

The undisputed #1 is Ohio state (for now).
Auburn and USC both are trailing and had to work hard to preserve a one touchdown lead. In the battle of Techies, Va tech was exposed by the visiting Ga Tech. Florida rolled over Bama, LSU, Notre Dame, Clemson, Cal, Michigan was impressive. Miami, Georgia and Nabraska barely made it through the end. Michigan State did not come to play and was in the receiving end of the biggest upset of the season and lost to Illinois. Oregon trying to justify their rankings by beating Arizona State. Texas waiting for Oklahoma. TCU lost its longest winning streak in the Div I.

Next weeks matchups:
Florida (5) hosting LSU (9) big game for the SEC. Undefeated florida facing may be the best defense in NCAA this year.
Texas (7) visiting Oklahoma (14). Well Sam Houston State is no Oklahoma. Is this the year for the sooners? Certainly with a backup Quarterback it will be hard. I would see A. Peterson running all day long right and left.
Michigan (6) vs Michigan State. Rivalry, need I say more. With the loss to Illinois the whole anticipated matchup became a very ordinary one. Can Michigan keep their focus.
Tennessee (13) at Georgia (10). Both team to me are over-rated. I would love to see a bulldog victory. Afterall they are the undefeated team and at home.
Oregon (11) visiting Cal (16). This is too close to call. May be Oregon still stays undefeated.

Other matches which has significance interest:
Washigton (4-1) Tyrone Williams's team are doing great. They have already doubled last years wins. But matching up with USC is something less. USC by 20.
Arkansas visiting Auburn (2). Minimum of 3 touchdowns wins by Auburn to regain some votes and confidence. Arkansas has the weapons but lack experience. Two years from now this will be a good game.
Nabraska (22) going to Iowa State. The cyclones can bite the Corn Huskers if they are not ready.
Arizona vs UCLA.
South Carolina vs Kentucky
Navy vs Air Force
Purdue at Iowa (19)
Old October 2, 2006, 03:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Rutgers is now 5-0 haha wow, seriously i've seen them play they've got 2nd best RB in Ray Rice(Right behind A. Peterson) the best FB Brian Leonard, QB is a little shaky but there are a really good team so W.Virgina and Louisville watch out.

It also looks like November 18th is going to be the game of the Century with 11-0 Michigan vs 11-0 Ohio State.
Old October 2, 2006, 04:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

did u mean MU tigers?

Its our team that's 5-0. and we r coming strong...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old October 3, 2006, 08:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
did u mean MU tigers?

Its our team that's 5-0. and we r coming strong...
Kabir bhai do you want me to laugh? Missouri Tigers cupcake season will be a good one if they can manage a win in a bowl game. With this kind of schedule they ought to make it that far.

They are 5-0. However, the team they beat are combined 6-19. They only play one team that is worth mentioning that is Oklahoma. I don't consider the Corn Huskers even as a pretender. Among the power conference big 12 is the weakest. Good luck against T Tech. and then A & M.
Old October 9, 2006, 10:43 AM
Cricket Savant

What a week for college football and SEC. Leaving Mississippi State top to bottom they are the strongest conference in the nation. That is why year in year out they don't have undefeated teams like Pac 10 or Big 12. There was a major shake up. My Arkansas Hogs upset the then #2 Auburn Tigers 27-10 on the road. Florida (5) spanked LSU (6) and moved up to #2 in the AP poll. The Long Horns beat the Sooners at cotton bowl. USC barely made it second week in a row against Washington. Florida State kept the losing streak alive at NC State. Tennessee hunged 50+ points against the previously undefeated Georgia on the road (impressive). This was the second time in the school history for the bull dogs that an opponent has scored over 50 and coming into this game their defense was #2 in the nation and the stingiest overall. Oregon got exposed by Cal. That should put a smile on Bob Stoops even after a Texas loss.

Louisville, W Virginia, Clemson, Nabraska, Michigan, Notre Dame, Boise St., Missouri, Ga Tech, Iowa won their respective game. I feel for West Virginia. They won big still dropped from #4 to #5. Michigan toppled them, grrrr.

Next week there aren't that many significant games but some of them are very important in the ranking departments.

Current #2 Florida visiting the former #2 Auburn (11).
#4 Michigan visiting Joe Pa and Nitty Lions.
Cal (10) visiting Washinton State.
Ohio State (1) will be at Michigan State.
Missouri (19) on the road to Texas A & M. Francioni is in hot waters.
Minnesota visiting Wisconsin (25).
Nabraska (21) going on th eroad at Kansas State.
Va Tech (22) visiting Boston College.
UCLA going to Oregon (18).
Old October 15, 2006, 04:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Upset Saturday yesterday w/ Florida, Missouri, Iowa going down. Texas was down 10-0 but came back strong. Louisville and USC survive late scares. BCS standings came out w/ USC and Ohio State 1 & 2.

BCS Standings
RkTeamW-LHarrisCoachesCPU %BCS

RkPoints%RkPoints%
PrevAvg
1Ohio State7-0128481.008115751.016.9204.973
2USC6-032652.93921476.9521.0001.956
3Michigan7-022663.94331430.923.96020.934
4Auburn6-172055.72771122.724.8109.748
5West Virginia6-042502.88641411.910.46011.745
6Florida6-191935.685101045.674.87017.738
7Louisville6-062188.77561205.777.62019.718
8Notre Dame5-1101920.68081068.689.7306.694
9Texas6-152360.83551314.848.3902.684
10California6-1111772.62711981.633.7600.668
11Tennessee5-182009.71191060.684.5800.653
12Clemson6-1121607.56912896.578.3800.504
13Arkansas5-1171044.37018532.343.7100.471
14Oregon5-1151136.40215660.426.5305.449
15Boise State6-018942.33317575.371.6000.432
16Rutgers6-019746.26419415.268.6600.395
17Nebraska6-1161088.38516596.385.3100.354
18LSU5-2141241.43914682.440.18012.350
19Georgia Tech5-1131289.45613703.454.12024.340
20Boston College5-121605.21421321.207.36021.259
21Wisconsin6-122567.20122288.186.38018.254
22Oklahoma4-220654.23220354.228.02023.158
23Iowa5-223290.10323172.111.0000.070
24Missouri6-125221.0782789.057.0700.068
25Tulsa5-1335.002--.000.1900.064
Old October 16, 2006, 11:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

can't understand this standing why missouri in 24 when they r 6-1? btw I don't follow collegefootball that much so this might be a dumb q.
last game for MU was pretty close too.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old October 16, 2006, 11:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Yup!! Upset continues.

SEC:
Florida lost its ground and Auburn is back on top. Seesaw it is. Tennessee is is poking its ugly head, LSU is realing, Georgia is falling fast. Anyways, lost og games still to be played. Tenn will face Bama, LSU at home and visit S Carolina and Ark.

Big Ten:
#1 and #2. Iowa, Penn Purdue all dropped out. Wisconsin still running strong. Feel sorry for Minnesota. Too many turnovers. It could have been 3-1 instead of a 0-4 conference standing. Nov 18, Ohio State and Michigan game will be huge. Whoever loses will be out of the BCS game. Can't figure out what Indiana is. One week they lose to Div I-AA team the next they beat power house team like Iowa.

Big 12:
There is Texas and there is the rest. Even Oklahoma is having a hard time to stay in the top 20. Mizzou got their bubble burst as expected. The next 3 weeks will be gut check time for them. The Corn Nuskers are over rated even at #17.

PAC 10:
An USC team winning by 6, 6 and 7, 3 weeks in a row against not so good competition speaks the program has not reloaded as well they were expected to. Getting Oregon, Cal and Notre Dame at home 3 weeks in a row may be the only solice. Those team are not Washigton, Wa State or Zona State.

ACC:
By default Clemson is on top now. They next two weeks will see how good they are. They will face Georgia Tech and Va Tech. The other contenders.

Big East:
I must say surging Rutgers has caught my eye. Although Pitt still holds all the trumpcards but I think W Virginia is too strong for both of them. And there is undefeated Louisville. The one between W. Virginia and Louisville should represent in a BCS game. Championship shot is still out of reach unless USC loses too.

Notre Dame:
Likely to run the table till the USC game. Navy lost their QB in triple option game and would not likely to challenge them. They can't topple Auburn or Florida unless they beat USC.

I would love to see W Virginia play for the championship game against Ohio State or Michigan.
Old October 16, 2006, 11:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
can't understand this standing why missouri in 24 when they r 6-1? btw I don't follow collegefootball that much so this might be a dumb q.
last game for MU was pretty close too.
The polls are based on mostly who plays the big teams/comference and beats them. Texas A & M was an unranked team and losing to them had to hurt Mizzou. The conference they are in Big 12, has only two good teams Texas and Oklahoma who are not even in their division. So winning is not the only criteria to make a mark. They must win big to get any type of recognition by the coaches, journalists and computers.
Old October 17, 2006, 04:56 PM
Cricket Savant

This week the best game would be Texas (5) at Nabraska (17). Now unranked Iowa will find it difficult at Michigan (2). In six weeks 5 #2s were replaced.
Is it time for Michigan to faulter also?

SEC games: Mississippi will visit at Ark (15) (important game for the hogs). Tennessee (7) will face Bama at home. The more I see this Wilson Dude the more I am impressed.