facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 2, 2007, 09:11 PM
Club Cricketer

Default One Swallow Makes A Summer for Bangladesh

Guys, Looking at yesterday's game, defeating India and making it to super 8 made the summer for Bangladesh and its followers. I dont expect Bangladesh to win any of the remaining games, so its time to say well done, move on and plan for the series at Home v India.

Old April 2, 2007, 09:18 PM
Cricket Legend

You mean we are going to be defeated by Ireland? If you don't expect us to win any other maches then please do not come here and do not make negative comments. Thank you.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old April 2, 2007, 09:40 PM
Cricket Legend

NZ has beaten WI in similar fashion, and probably would have done same to India. So, Indian fans, please don't go overboard yet, please wait until May.
Old April 2, 2007, 11:17 PM
Club Cricketer

I dont think Indian fans are going overboard here, they just want to see some good cricket by your boys, If India or pakistan would have qualified to Super 8 I bet you would have also wanted the same wont you? Good cricket is what deserves conmmend and thats why we are here in first place. Win or loss happens in cricket but nothing is more pity if cricket is a loser
Old April 2, 2007, 11:21 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
I dont think Indian fans are going overboard here, they just want to see some good cricket by your boys, If India or pakistan would have qualified to Super 8 I bet you would have also wanted the same wont you? Good cricket is what deserves conmmend and thats why we are here in first place. Win or loss happens in cricket but nothing is more pity if cricket is a loser
Cricket is a winner in having Bangladesh play in the Super 8s instead of India and Pakistan. Those two need to sort their problems out first. And it's wiser to worry about your own team's good cricket first before getting concerned about another's.
Old April 2, 2007, 11:23 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Yes and these teams are very Very strong. Their opening orders are superb. SA just crushed IND recently 4-0 by more than 100 runs and also a nine wicket win. And they did the similar to Pakistan as well. Beating Pak by 10 wickets as well.
Old April 2, 2007, 11:50 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
Cricket is a winner in having Bangladesh play in the Super 8s instead of India and Pakistan. Those two need to sort their problems out first. And it's wiser to worry about your own team's good cricket first before getting concerned about another's.

I am not worried about how BD plays its cricket, surely I leave it to you guys to do the honor. However, If you are wise enuf to read between the lines, my concern was about the quality of cicket being played. I bet you would like to see matches where the opposition shows some resistance. Spineless performance by any team in the world including ours is not good for the game. I hope you got my point, nevermind
Old April 2, 2007, 11:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I don't know why there's so much of a noise as soon as Bangladesh loses a match by a huge margin? Every biggot nation (thanks Babubangla for introducing this term) lose regularly...may be SA and Australia are exceptions. There's hardly ever a noise when India loses by huge margin, or when SL loses by huge margin. Even a few days ago SL lost to Australia by HUGE margin...by 9 wickets! What a shame. Same with Bangladesh. So?

I just have one thing to suggest. And that is, RELAX.
Old April 2, 2007, 11:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
However, If you are wise enuf to read between the lines, my concern was about the quality of cicket being played. I bet you would like to see matches where the opposition shows some resistance. Spineless performance by any team in the world including ours is not good for the game.
If you are wise enough to understand Mahir's concern, then you wouldn't say this. If either India or Pakistan made to the Super 8s, they would've suffered horribly. I wonder what type of spine you're talking about...coz looking at their current situation, they both seem spineless.
Old April 3, 2007, 12:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
You mean we are going to be defeated by Ireland? If you don't expect us to win any other maches then please do not come here and do not make negative comments. Thank you.
hee hee... reading that you sound like a school kid who is standing up to a bully and can sound nothing but cute!!

As Kabir said... RELAX!!! Im as dissapointed as anyone but we do have to move on this is not our year... next world cup we will be stonger and wiser to the game!
Old April 3, 2007, 05:07 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Hey Asish, have you booked tickets for the super eight

I know, its really disappointing to be at home when your boys should have been making world records.

Your comment was really a cheap shot considering your standard. Have some patience, summer started by defeating India, wait to see with what we prolong our summer till the Indians come again.
Old April 3, 2007, 06:27 AM
First Class Cricketer

Ierland may beat Bangladesh. They ar playing in super form. And Bangladeshi players seems tired.
Old April 3, 2007, 07:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dravid

This Forum is going to be fun when India tours BD.
Old April 3, 2007, 07:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrina
Ierland may beat Bangladesh. They ar playing in super form. And Bangladeshi players seems tired.
I kinda agree with you they look really tired...and less energatic..may be they need a boost....bring their wives/gfs to them to make them happy!Ridiculous! They are so lazy!!
Sometimes
Old April 3, 2007, 08:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammed Asif

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrina
Have to see how much Ireland makes today againt South Africa today. If Bangladesh wins the toss and elects to field against Ireland, we might get a win. But if we have to set a score...we might win but with ltos of trouble.
Old April 3, 2007, 08:45 AM
Test Cricketer

We'll win aginst Ireland comfortably, and one of the the bigger teams is going to be vanquished by us in this super8s.
Old April 3, 2007, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped
hee hee... reading that you sound like a school kid who is standing up to a bully and can sound nothing but cute!!

Every human being acts like a kid sometimes in their life after some specific incidents. And I might have reacted like a kid.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old April 3, 2007, 11:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Every human being acts like a kid sometimes in their life after some specific incidents. And I might have reacted like a kid.
Yes, and apni bodda looked like this

Old April 3, 2007, 11:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasin
Have to see how much Ireland makes today againt South Africa today. If Bangladesh wins the toss and elects to field against Ireland, we might get a win. But if we have to set a score...we might win but with ltos of trouble.
Why getting so much frustated? BD surely will have a good win against Ireland. BD will come up strong with rest of the matches. Atleast they will make no mistake to beat Ireland with big margin.
Old April 3, 2007, 11:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
I am not worried about how BD plays its cricket, surely I leave it to you guys to do the honor. However, If you are wise enuf to read between the lines, my concern was about the quality of cicket being played. I bet you would like to see matches where the opposition shows some resistance. Spineless performance by any team in the world including ours is not good for the game. I hope you got my point, nevermind
One more way of preserving "quality of cicket" is by not losing to weaker cricketing nations. We would have preferred that India showed a little more resistance when BD came after them. Frankly speaking, their abject capitulation just bored me no bound. I hope you got my point, bro Don.
Old April 3, 2007, 12:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
... Win or loss happens in cricket but nothing is more pity if cricket is a loser
Look at the big picture and you will see something contradicts. We are not yet an elite team. To get their we must play the big boys. That opportunity was taken away by the ICC FTP and BCCI. This super eight thrashing will only help us get stronger. That is the big picture. Cricket world will see another elite team in near future. That is the prize. We need this thrashing to keep our feet on the ground and set goals to which standard we need to achieve.

On the other hand, if India or Pakistan did qualify for the super 8 that would send the wrong impression to the cricket world. Lets face it, both team is not as good as SL, let alone the elite teams like Aus, NZ or SA. This is good for cricket in the long run any way you see it. They have no choice but to look into their own problems.

May be in the short term it may mot be that pleasant to watch but trust me this is good for world cricket as a whole. You can't have any agruement against that.
Old April 3, 2007, 01:41 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Look at the big picture and you will see something contradicts. We are not yet an elite team. To get their we must play the big boys. That opportunity was taken away by the ICC FTP and BCCI. This super eight thrashing will only help us get stronger. That is the big picture. Cricket world will see another elite team in near future. That is the prize. We need this thrashing to keep our feet on the ground and set goals to which standard we need to achieve.

On the other hand, if India or Pakistan did qualify for the super 8 that would send the wrong impression to the cricket world. Lets face it, both team is not as good as SL, let alone the elite teams like Aus, NZ or SA. This is good for cricket in the long run any way you see it. They have no choice but to look into their own problems.

May be in the short term it may mot be that pleasant to watch but trust me this is good for world cricket as a whole. You can't have any agruement against that.
Agreed
Old April 3, 2007, 01:43 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pundit
One more way of preserving "quality of cicket" is by not losing to weaker cricketing nations. We would have preferred that India showed a little more resistance when BD came after them. Frankly speaking, their abject capitulation just bored me no bound. I hope you got my point, bro Don.
Lol, could well understand your point bro Pundit.
Old April 3, 2007, 05:03 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

Agreed
Funny how this guy's brain works. T_E and I said the exact same thing, yet he dismissed me by saying how I failed to "read between his lines", while he wholeheartedly agreed with T_E. I think he needs to spoon-fed a lot of words to understand certain things.

Niyotir ki nirmom porihaash! Bhaggish Tehsin bhai aar Zunaid bhai ei gadha ta ke shoja kore diyechhilen prothom din :p
Old April 3, 2007, 06:18 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
Funny how this guy's brain works. T_E and I said the exact same thing, yet he dismissed me by saying how I failed to "read between his lines", while he wholeheartedly agreed with T_E. I think he needs to spoon-fed a lot of words to understand certain things.

Niyotir ki nirmom porihaash! Bhaggish Tehsin bhai aar Zunaid bhai ei gadha ta ke shoja kore diyechhilen prothom din :p
BanglaCricketStaff Mahir, you are only insulting yourself, if you want to go personal I bet this is not the right place or may be it is. I am glad that you are smart enuf to understand the parallel between your and T_E's writing. But I wonder why did T_E wasted his time and energy "to write the exact same thing" which you wrote earlier. BTW if you have some grey matters left, you dont need to worry about my brain, otherwise there is indeed something to worry about !

Last edited by Don; April 3, 2007 at 06:37 PM..