facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 28, 2018, 05:40 AM
Test Cricketer

I can only see Afghanistan winning one anytime soon, people haven't noticed the decline of the Ireland team yet. Their test status have come a bit too little too late, 80% of their team are composed of 30+ year olds who are past their prime. That is why they were the fifth best team in the qualifiers

Old March 28, 2018, 04:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

They will win it next week on the back of all the momentum from qualifiers
Old March 28, 2018, 05:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Yea I think next week they should win it.
Old April 8, 2018, 01:41 AM
Cricket Legend

At one point or not AFG will Play IRE within probably the first year of their test status. So within 1 year.

Zim is not as strong as their predecessors and our team is always iffy. WI is just going downhill aswell, So i'd say both AFG and IRE has a pretty storng chance atm to score that 1st test win in their first year.
Old April 8, 2018, 02:20 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
At one point or not AFG will Play IRE within probably the first year of their test status. So within 1 year.

Zim is not as strong as their predecessors and our team is always iffy. WI is just going downhill aswell, So i'd say both AFG and IRE has a pretty storng chance atm to score that 1st test win in their first year.
baring BD,WI,Zim and each other, when do you think the real win will come?
Old April 8, 2018, 12:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
WI have recently won Tests in UAE and in ENG. So wins against them should count. Plus they are a historically strong side. Wins against Bangladesh in Asia would also count.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 8, 2018, 12:56 PM
BC Editorial Team

This is an awesome thread. My money is on Afghanistan breaking our record of a major win but not as quickly as people think. Test match batting against a quality pacer and/or spinner is HARD. Taking 20 wickets when the opposition is content to block you out all day is HARD. How will Afghan batters cope when the likes of a Broad or even Md. Shahid bowls outside offstump all day and occasionally nip swing one? How will Rashid Khan flare when a batter takes a leg stump guard and just takes huge strides to block?

Afghanistan will win because in Latif and Mujib they have bowlers who can keep bowling all day and then occasionally get on a wicket taking spree. So I can see once in a while them having to chase 200ish to win a game and that's the kind of total where a hit or miss batting can pull it off. But as long as they can give Pakistan raised cricketers an Afghan passport or have India investing heavily in their cricket to piss Pakistan off, they will produce talent and hence will win sooner.

Ireland, I see doing NOTHING away from home (unless extremely seamer friendly conditions). They are 15 years away from anything because that's how long it will take for their domestic 1st class to take hold and produce decent players.
Old April 8, 2018, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

i think the better question is whether test cricket will survive long enough for these teams to register a win.
Old April 8, 2018, 01:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
This is an awesome thread. My money is on Afghanistan breaking our record of a major win but not as quickly as people think. Test match batting against a quality pacer and/or spinner is HARD. Taking 20 wickets when the opposition is content to block you out all day is HARD. How will Afghan batters cope when the likes of a Broad or even Md. Shahid bowls outside offstump all day and occasionally nip swing one? How will Rashid Khan flare when a batter takes a leg stump guard and just takes huge strides to block?

Afghanistan will win because in Latif and Mujib they have bowlers who can keep bowling all day and then occasionally get on a wicket taking spree. So I can see once in a while them having to chase 200ish to win a game and that's the kind of total where a hit or miss batting can pull it off. But as long as they can give Pakistan raised cricketers an Afghan passport or have India investing heavily in their cricket to piss Pakistan off, they will produce talent and hence will win sooner.

Ireland, I see doing NOTHING away from home (unless extremely seamer friendly conditions). They are 15 years away from anything because that's how long it will take for their domestic 1st class to take hold and produce decent players.
I agree, Ireland wont be winning anything anytime soon unless they host a non Indian Asian side, and they get 4 days without rain. It will take the Irish a few years to replenish the old guys they are about to lose. Their U19 teams are terrible, so it will take 5 years minimum for them to even compete with ZIM or AFG.

Afghanistan need to find Test class batters. Rahmat and Nabi are the only ones. Usman Ghani and Javed Ahmedi are possible class bats, and they have a few other -ullahs and -zais but they need to be selected and then perform. It took us a decade to find Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiq (they really took off circa 2010).

Rashid, Mujeeb, Zahir (chinaman bowler), Dawlat will do very well in Asian conditions especially against ENG, AUS, NZ, WI, SA. But their batsmen wouldnt even chase 100 in the 4th innings against those bowling lineups.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 8, 2018, 03:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Can't say but we can all make a decent judgement on them after they play about 10 test. This should give us an indication of if their players skill level in the highest format of the game, below BD/WI or on par. If on par then they have a great shot.
Old April 8, 2018, 07:21 PM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
WI have recently won Tests in UAE and in ENG. So wins against them should count. Plus they are a historically strong side. Wins against Bangladesh in Asia would also count.
yeah sure, but in comparison to what we had to face BD,WI even SL is easy. Heck when we started even Zim was strong with flower brothers,streak,cambell,goodwin etc
Old April 8, 2018, 11:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Afghanistan depends on how good their upcoming batsmen are and whether they can develop to world class standard, there are quite a lot who are performing very well in their FC Comp but what’s the quality like? They’ve developed very fast so far so I hope they can keep doing so, we won’t know where they are at until they play a few matches.
Old April 9, 2018, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ

I feel they will start poaching SA white players. That's their best bet to kick start.
Old April 9, 2018, 02:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
yeah sure, but in comparison to what we had to face BD,WI even SL is easy. Heck when we started even Zim was strong with flower brothers,streak,cambell,goodwin etc
True. Afghans will have an easier road. But I still can't see them winning a Test against major opposition - with their current batting lineup.

I reckon we'd have had a good shot at beating NZ at home in 2010 but the Tests got cancelled. On spinning tracks we would have beaten NZ in 2013 and possibly SA in 2015 (before Maharaj).

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 9, 2018, 02:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Haa shetai...kotudiin, bohoodiin lege jete parey, amio tai bhabchhi...bhebe kuno kull-kinara phacchhi naa.
Old April 9, 2018, 11:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Do we have any upcoming full tour against either of these two new test playing nations?
Old April 10, 2018, 12:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
I feel they will start poaching SA white players. That's their best bet to kick start.
If they get paid more than a county contract then you could be right, then again won’t the rules be different now for Ireland, won’t players have to go through that 4 year qualification period?