facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 26, 2014, 10:52 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Virat Kohli
Default Mistakes from Today's Match against India

1. Sending Naeem to bat above Nasir. He played 20 balls in his innings which slowed our score. Even his bowling was a waste.

2. Changing Zia after giving away only 8 from 2 overs and Giving ball to Rubel who totally gave Kohli the boost he wanted early in his innings.

3. Picking Gazi, Even after so many ordinary matches he is still getting picked.

Old February 26, 2014, 10:56 AM
Banned for trolling

big mistake removing shakib at bcci request

if shakib played, bangladesh wud score 350 and then bowl india out for 200, shak wud be really tuff to play in the conditions

but selector dont want shak because they scare of upsetting bcci
Old February 26, 2014, 11:00 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomimulTiger

if shakib played, bangladesh wud score 350 and then bowl india out for 200, shak wud be really tuff to play in the conditions

yeah this. in fact i heard it was not bcci but sonia gandhi herself who sent pranab mukherjee secretly to hasina who then told papon who asked SL to get shakib out cheaply, and then bribe camera man to focus on him and ask the team cleaning lady to put some chulkani in shakib's trousers. marvelous plan i say!!

on serious note, nasir is not in good form. so sending him before naeem would not have made much difference. gazi should go when shakib gets back.
Old February 26, 2014, 11:00 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:

well done! "trollish post of the day" award goes to you
Old February 26, 2014, 11:01 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Virat Kohli

Quote:

Kohli doesn't give a damn even Bangladesh score 300+ ..They will chase with this Bangladeshi bowling attacks.
Old February 26, 2014, 11:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Mash,Rubel,Nasir

Should have picked Sunny in place of Gazi
Old February 26, 2014, 11:07 AM
Cricket Sage

- Besides not utilizing zia properly, Keeping Ali-Noor in the bench.
- Not realizing that Chokka Naeem has been converted into Goola (dot balls) Naeem for a while now. He should not have any role later in the innings whne we are trying to accelerate the RR.
- Nasir is no longer the Nasir we used to know.
Old February 26, 2014, 11:08 AM
Banned for trolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
yeah this. in fact i heard it was not bcci but sonia gandhi herself who sent pranab mukherjee secretly to hasina who then told papon who asked SL to get shakib out cheaply, and then bribe camera man to focus on him and ask the team cleaning lady to put some chulkani in shakib's trousers. marvelous plan i say!!

on serious note, nasir is not in good form. so sending him before naeem would not have made much difference. gazi should go when shakib gets back.

i ws also very deeply offended by shakib touching on camera, but why ban for 2 match when u have asia cup tournament coming up .. he could be allow to play and then ban later

this is political move to end india losing streak
Old February 26, 2014, 11:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
.. he could be allow to play and then ban later

... and he could have played with his banana this time. As if we haven't seen enough of his private parts.
Old February 26, 2014, 11:16 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
i ws also very deeply offended by shakib touching on camera, but why ban for 2 match when u have asia cup tournament coming up .. he could be allow to play and then ban later

don't want turn this into shakib discussion. but you can't allow him to play now and ban later. it sends a wrong message. it only reinforces the idea that he can do whatever he wants and he is above code of conduct. yes today shakib was missed but i think the 3 match ban will do a greater good in the future. it will straighten his reckless performance a little bit. i am sure he was watching the game from the dressing and felt bad to not contribute. it will make him more hungry and responsible in the future. a harsh ban you might argue, but a necessary one.

zia only bowled 5 overs. underutilized
Old February 26, 2014, 11:18 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:

Tread carefully, as you have no evidence, tangential or otherwise, for what you say.

- as Mod

Think of it another way, why did Shakib have to do something so vulgar? Especially when he knew that 2 big tournaments were around the corner? Did he really think the ICC Match Referee and/or the BCB would allow him to get away with it, especially after doing it on live TV?

Makes you realize what a grave, callous and careless act that was. We should be condemning the perpetrator, not the governing authority, in these circumstances.

- as Myself
Old February 26, 2014, 11:22 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:

Shishir bhabhi, is that you?
Old February 26, 2014, 11:23 AM
First Class Cricketer

Sorry to say so, but your bowling was toothless. That period where we were 50-2 was the chance to prise in another wicket, but you left us to coast on our merry way through to 250 and upwards before we lost another.

Game set and match right there.

Last edited by Vahroone; February 26, 2014 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: were -> where
Old February 26, 2014, 11:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
Sorry to say so, but your bowling was toothless. That period were we were 50-2 was the chance to prise in another wicket, but you left us to coast on our merry way through to 250 and upwards before we lost another.

Yup. You are correct my friend.
Old February 26, 2014, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Sorry to say so, but your bowling was toothless. That period were we were 50-2 was the chance to prise in another wicket, but you left us to coast on our merry way through to 250 and upwards before we lost another.

Partially true. That's why the Zia not being bowled in post #1 was a crucial misstep. Even then, we had too few runs on the board on this pitch even if India came here after a long losing streak.
Old February 26, 2014, 11:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t20lover
1. Sending Naeem to bat above Nasir. He played 20 balls in his innings which slowed our score. Even his bowling was a waste.

2. Changing Zia after giving away only 8 from 2 overs and Giving ball to Rubel who totally gave Kohli the boost he wanted early in his innings.

3. Picking Gazi, Even after so many ordinary matches he is still getting picked.
Your points are very similiar to my thoguht. God thanks zia is there instead of farhad reza. I think we sould stay with zia and give him enough chances. We were short 15-20 runs because of nayeem. We didn't need nayeem at that stage they could easily sent zia. Also if rubel could have proactive diving for kohlis catch that could also turned the entire match. But credit to indian virat kohli for taking game single handedly. Off course considering due factor we don't have some effective bowler like malinga or ajmal. So overall i am not unhappy with our team. My most worry was batting collapse but today they played sensibly apart from nayeem and nasir.
Old February 26, 2014, 11:32 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sidhu

Mahmudullah কে বাদ দিছে ভালো কথা, কিন্তু কোন হিসাবে গাজী তার চেয়ে ভালো ফর্মে আছে?

সিলেক্টর রা গাজীর পারফর্মেন্স কি যাচাই করে না? সে কি অটোমেটিক চয়েস??

যদি ভুল বলতেই হয় তবে গাজী আর নাইম কে নামানো হলো সবচে বড় ভুল।
Old February 26, 2014, 11:33 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:

I agree buddy. Our bowling depends a lot on Shakib. Razzak just back from injury. Gazi is in very poor form and I don't know why he is even in the team. But we had a good chance at 50-2 and just couldn't take advantage. We lack a strike bowler who can come and give breakthroughs at crucial moments.

But credit to Kohli and Rahane too. They are very good batsmen. I think all bowling attacks find it hard to get Kohli out.

India's bowling was very poor too. I think Shami was the only exception. Ashwin/Jadeja didn't seem threatening. Varun was very poor and B Kumar was okay. They have to pick up their game if they want to win this tournament. Relying on batting alone won't be enough.
Old February 26, 2014, 11:37 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

I wouldn't want to be in Mushy's shoes in these circumstances. Zia bowls at a gentler pace than Rubel and for all we know, Kohli could have spanked him for 20 runs in his 6th over. If he bowled in lieu of Rubel, leaked runs and didn't allow Rubel to complete his quota, then we'd be complaining of how 'clueless' captain Mushfiq did not bowl out the village gangster and had forgotten his ODI exploits against the Kiwis.

Ultimately, I don't think Zia or Rubel would have made a difference.

What was disappointing to note was the air go out of the BD players in the 40th over. SL didn't go into cruise control in the last match even when Misbah and Umar were dispatching the ball to all parts. Just as our players are too quick in becoming self-satisfied/vain, they also become disheartened too easily.
Old February 26, 2014, 11:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiriket
Mahmudullah কে বাদ দিছে ভালো কথা, কিন্তু কোন হিসাবে গাজী তার চেয়ে ভালো ফর্মে আছে?

সিলেক্টর রা গাজীর পারফর্মেন্স কি যাচাই করে না? সে কি অটোমেটিক চয়েস??

যদি ভুল বলতেই হয় তবে গাজী আর নাইম কে নামানো হলো সবচে বড় ভুল।
True looking at gazi he looks lost. Even shabbir could have done much better in bowling and batting.
Old February 26, 2014, 11:38 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Sending useless naeem in at that stage instead of Ziaur. ZIAUR looked hungry today and was hitting them well could have taken BD to 300 if he came in after Anamul got out.

Taking Ziaur off after two good overs and bringing rubel on for his 2nd spell which was very expensive and took the pressure off the Ind batters.
Old February 26, 2014, 11:41 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
I wouldn't want to be in Mushy's shoes in these circumstances.
Isn't he out of the tournament now? That fall looked harsh.
Old February 26, 2014, 12:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
I wouldn't want to be in Mushy's shoes in these circumstances. Zia bowls at a gentler pace than Rubel and for all we know, Kohli could have spanked him for 20 runs in his 6th over. If he bowled in lieu of Rubel, leaked runs and didn't allow Rubel to complete his quota, then we'd be complaining of how 'clueless' captain Mushfiq did not bowl out the village gangster and had forgotten his ODI exploits against the Kiwis.
May be ypu are right. But on the hand Zia was bowling with a plan, Rubel was not. Zia was bowling to the line and the ball was going low than expected. yes Kohli could have spanked him for 20 runs, on the other hand he could have been bowled out or LBW.

And that single wicket at that stage could have been the difference maker.
Old February 26, 2014, 12:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

India is the king of chases in the subcontinent. We just don't have the bowling firepower to take down their batting, especially a player like Kohli. Only way you can really beat India is if your chasing since their pacers are weak. If your batting first against them, the game is pretty much over. That Pakistan/India game in the 2012 Asia Cup was a clear example of that. They chased 330 without any trouble. And then chased 350 against Australia. These teams have much better bowling attacks and still couldn't defend 300+ scores.

The positive is that our NRR didn't take much of a hit. We have to make sure we have to beat Afghanistan next and if we do, we still are in this tournament.
Old February 26, 2014, 12:16 PM
First Class Cricketer

The way Kohli batted today, no one in our bowling lineup was stopping him. Maybe 330+ may have pressured other batsmen but Kohli was focused.