facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 20, 2012, 06:53 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Default BPL vs DPL

Where does the players loyalty lies? BPL or DPL ?

DPL (Dhaka Premier League): Has been the main source of income in domestic circuit for as long as I could remember. I grew up following teams like Abahani. Players look forward to playing with good clubs. They take pride in getting the highest salary.

BPL (Bangladesh Premiere League): Now is a new beginning arising in our Domestic Circuit. . The T20 league we have been waiting for. Players was also looking forward too. But many good earners in DPL did not receive any interest from the franchises. But those who did received very lucrative offers, some individuals will be the highest paid in any sports tournament arranged in Bangladesh. Lot of them will receive more money than what Walton paid BCB to become title sponsor of National Cricket League.

BPL is making DPL look like a Dudh-Baath cricket or Para cricket.

We still have 3 weeks before BPL starts.
There are still 6/7 match per team left in phase 1 of DPL. Which means players will not be as fresh as franchise wants them to be. Also there are unfortunate circumstances where a auctioned BPL player may get hurt.

What does BPL rules says about replacing a player?

Will the franchise boss of BPL pay the player who gets injured in DPL?

Will there be a conflict of interest between CCDM and BPL authority ? (e.g. will the BPL franchise tell Gazi tank to rest 200K Nasir or tell Victoria to rest Shakib )

What does a player do ?. In the past we have heard many stories about players not giving there 100% in Picnic Cricket NCL(crap salary) because they wanted to keep them fresh for DPL (who pays good money compared to NCL----sorry cant compare because the numerous difference is too big).

The way I see it. The next few weeks will bring a lot of controversy in our Domestic Cricket. So seat tight and enjoy the ride.

Old January 20, 2012, 08:31 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

DPL with its history and BPL with the new t20 craziness

Still Abahoni and Mohamedan will live on peoples heart..BPL teams cant take their place
Old January 20, 2012, 08:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Where does the loyalty lie?

the buck stops with the contract. DPL and BPL contracts are for specific part of the season; and they will not overlap. And about loyalty players transfer from clubs every season. Some even take advance money from one and ends up to another (e.g. tamim couple of seasons ago).

What does a player do ?
Players will play . I dont know about BPL teams but a DPL team will make their investments worth
Will there be a conflict of interest between CCDM and BPL authority ?

This may be a potential conflict point in the future. Specially for getting a slot in the cricket calender.
Will the franchise boss of BPL pay the player who gets injured in DPL?

BPL will players on pro-rata basis. That is you get paid only if you are available for selection. If you are injured, you are obviously not available.What does BPL rules says about replacing a player?
Since the BPL is still in its infancy; I dont think it has been sorted yet. But, in all likelyhood they will come to a logical sollution where a player after the auction is out for a season can be replaced from the players not sold.
Old January 20, 2012, 09:46 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

^^^ Thanks dash for your input. @ Night_wolf you may be right about Abahani and Mohamedan. But I feel the passion is not there like it used to be.
Old January 26, 2012, 05:17 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

BPL stalls all in its wake

The arrival of the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) T20 has apparently rendered everything else relating to cricket unimportant, or at any rate not as important as the money-driven venture.

The ongoing Premier Division Cricket League, the coveted limited-over competition, is set to suffer due to the BCB's new venture as Cricket Committee of Dhaka Metropolis (CCDM) has decided in it's meeting yesterday that some matches of the first round will be held outside Dhaka and the Super League will start only after the completion of the BPL.

Read Full

So the war starts as predicted.
Old January 26, 2012, 06:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

To ensure that the BPL is competitive, the BPL teams need to hire some of the club gundas ahem I mean "officials" of the DPL who ensure that the players give 100%
Old January 27, 2012, 05:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^ the current team owners are no less!
Old February 1, 2012, 12:16 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

লিগ বন্ধ, সিসিডিএম চেয়ারম্যানের পদত্যাগ

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...20108314285776
Old February 2, 2012, 03:06 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Club officials up in arms

“We have only one desire -- an uninterrupted league. You know the clubs have been spending huge money and they will face huge loss if they don't get an uninterrupted league and you cannot stop the league at your whim without discussion with the clubs,” said Manzur Kader, president of Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club.

“We can't let go of this matter without any protest, which is why we have gathered here. We are in favour of playing cricket and our demand is very simple -- resume the league immediately otherwise we will boycott the league. On the other hand we have also decided not to release our contracted players for the BPL and in that case the board must talk with us about our financial loss and risk of injury to the players if they particiapate,” said Shawkat Ali Khan Jahangir, president of Victoria Sporting Club.

Read Full: http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=220963
Old February 2, 2012, 06:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

‘বিপিএলের দাপটে লিগ বন্ধ হয়নি’

গাজী আশরাফ হোসেন (লিপু)

বিপিএল শুরু ১০ ফেব্রুয়ারি, এর আগে টালমাটাল ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেট। জাতীয় লিগ স্থগিত রেখে শুরু হওয়া ঢাকা প্রিমিয়ার লিগ নিয়েও শুরু হয়েছে জটিলতা। এসব নিয়েই কথা হলো বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিল ও বিসিবির টুর্নামেন্ট কমিটির চেয়ারম্যান গাজী আশরাফ হোসেনের (লিপু) সঙ্গে

 ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেট নিয়ে এবার অনেক বিতর্ক-বিশৃঙ্খলা...এটা কেন?
গাজী আশরাফ হোসেন: আসলে পরিকল্পনা অনুযায়ী আমরা ক্যালেন্ডারটা এগিয়ে নিতে পারছি না। মাঠ নিয়ে কিছুটা সংকট, ছিল বৈরী আবহাওয়া। জাতীয় লিগ স্থগিত রাখতে হলো। অনূর্ধ্ব-১৯ এর খেলা পড়ল। তার ওপর সূর্যতরুণ আর কলাবাগান ম্যাচ নিয়ে নানা ঘটনা। সব মিলিয়েই এ অবস্থা।

 হঠাৎই পরশু রাতে প্রিমিয়ার লিগ বন্ধ করা হলো। বিপিএলের জন্যই নাকি স্থগিত এই লিগ!
গাজী আশরাফ: এটা সম্পূর্ণ ভুল। বিপিএলের দাপটে ঢাকা লিগ বন্ধ হয়নি। সিসিডিএমের সঙ্গে বিপিএল কমিটির বোঝাপড়া হয়েছিল, ৬ ফেব্রুয়ারি পর্যন্ত ঢাকা লিগ চলবে। সে অনুযায়ী ৬ তারিখের পর বিপিএলের দলগুলো তাদের খেলোয়াড় পাবে। এখানে বাড়তি কোনো চাপ প্রয়োগের অবকাশ ছিল না। আমরা লিখিত বা মৌখিকভাবে সিসিডিএমকে খেলা বন্ধ করার কোনো নির্দেশনা দিইনি।

 একটা নাটক কিন্তু চলছে। সূর্যতরুণের ওভাবে অবনমিত হওয়া, পরদিন খেলা বন্ধ...
গাজী আশরাফ: বিষয়টা সমাধানের চেষ্টা চলছে। বিসিবির সভাপতি দুবাইয়ে। উনি ৪ তারিখ (আগামীকাল) বোর্ডের জরুরি সভা ডেকেছেন। পাশাপাশি আলাপ-আলোচনার মাধ্যমে সমাধান খোঁজার পরামর্শ দিয়েছেন। আমাদের আসলে খেলার স্পিরিটটা সমুন্নত রাখতে হবে। মান-অভিমান না করে একটা গ্রহণযোগ্য সমাধান চাই। চাই না বিষয়টা আদালতে যাক। এতে কিছু ক্লাবের আর্থিক ক্ষতির বিষয়টা অবশ্যই বিবেচ্য।

 ক্লাবগুলো সংবাদ সম্মেলন করে হুমকি দিয়েছে, তারা খেলোয়াড় ছাড়বে না বিপিএলের জন্য। এটা তো আরেক জটিলতা।
গাজী আশরাফ: এই টি-টোয়েন্টি টুর্নামেন্টের সময়সূচি আগেই দেওয়া ছিল। ক্লাবের খেলোয়াড়েরা কোথায় খেলতে পারবে, সেটি বলা আছে। আমার মনে হয়, ক্লাব ঠিক কাজ করছে না।

 অনেকেই বলছেন, বিপিএলের কারণে বাকি সব ঘরোয়া আয়োজনই এলোমেলো। এ ব্যাপারে আপনি কী বলবেন?
গাজী আশরাফ: আগেই বলেছি, টেস্ট-ওয়ানডের মতোই টি-টোয়েন্টি একটা নির্ধারিত টুর্নামেন্ট। এখানে শুধু বিপিএল শব্দটা যোগ হয়েছে। দুই বছর পর পর টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপ খেলতে হচ্ছে আমাদের। কাজেই এই টুর্নামেন্ট অত্যাবশ্যকীয়। ক্যালেন্ডারের ১৮০ দিনের মধ্যে মাত্র তো ২০ দিন। বিপিএল শব্দটা যোগ হওয়ায় অনেকে হয়তো বুঝতে পারছে না।

 আপনি মাঠ সমস্যার কথা বলছিলেন। একটু ব্যাখ্যা করবেন?
গাজী আশরাফ: জাতীয় লিগের সময় মিরপুর, ফতুল্লা স্টেডিয়াম ব্যবহার করা যায়নি। বরিশাল মাঠ তৈরি নয়। খুলনা স্টেডিয়াম প্রস্তুত হওয়ার কথা ছিল গত বিশ্বকাপের সময়। কিন্তু হয়নি। এসব কারণে ধারাবাহিকভাবে সমস্যাটা তৈরি হয়েছে। তাই বলছি, যতক্ষণ পর্যন্ত না আমরা স্বয়ংসম্পূর্ণ হব, ততক্ষণ সমস্যা থাকবে।

 আবাহনীর প্রভাবের কথা শোনা যাচ্ছে। ওদের বিদেশি খেলোয়াড় নেই বলেই নাকি ঢাকা প্রিমিয়ার লিগ স্থগিত করা হয়?
গাজী আশরাফ: আমি আবাহনীর মুখপাত্র নই। তবে এটা ঠিক, আবাহনীর চিঠি এসেছে একাধিকবার। তাদের খেলোয়াড় অসুস্থ, নিরাপত্তা...ইত্যাদ র ব্যাপারে দলটি উদ্বেগ জানিয়েছে। আবাহনীর কারণে লিগ স্থগিত, এটা ঠিক নয়।

 আপনি তো টুর্নামেন্ট কমিটির চেয়ারম্যান। সবকিছুর দায়িত্ব আপনার ওপর বর্তায় না?
গাজী আশরাফ: সিসিডিএম ঢাকা লিগ বন্ধ করেছে। এখানে বিপিএলের কোনো দায় নেই। শুধু একটা অভিযোগ মানতে পারি, ৮০ দিনের জাতীয় লিগে নিম্নচাপের কারণে কয়েক দিন খেলা বন্ধ রাখতে হয়েছিল। ড্রেনেজ সিস্টেম ভালো হলে সমস্যাটা হতো না। এই অবস্থায় শুধু জাতীয় লিগের একটা খেলা মিস করেছি আমরা। বাকিগুলোর দায় আমরা নেব না।

 ক্যালেন্ডার করা হয় না ঠিকভাবে। হলেও প্রতিবছরই ঝামেলা লাগে। এভাবে আর কত?
গাজী আশরাফ: অবশ্যই এর শেষ হওয়া দরকার। সামনে নতুন ক্যালেন্ডার করতে হবে। এ বছর ব্যর্থতার কারণ বের করে পরিকল্পনা সাজাতে হবে।
Old February 2, 2012, 06:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

BollywoodPremierLeague vs DhallywoodPremierLeague.
Old February 2, 2012, 06:15 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
BollywoodPremierLeague vs DhallywoodPremierLeague.
Thumar favourite kunta.
Old February 2, 2012, 07:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Thumar favourite kunta.
Simon bhai erta janina tobe amar fav dhaliwood with Shakib in it (ekhon apnara khan othoba al hasan konta bhabben sheta apnader bapper )
Old February 3, 2012, 07:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Thumar favourite kunta.
amar phebharite hochchey,hmmm... BPL
Old February 3, 2012, 01:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

HORTAL choltese!