facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 31, 2019, 11:54 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Default Shift focus to T20

Alright, since all of you guys are already ranting the things I would rant, I decided to shift focus to T20. Why? Cause I am shameless. Been like that since I started following Bangladesh cricket.

So we have a ton of T20s coming and the T20 world cup. I feel like we just need to step away from ODIs at the moment. We dont seem to have a bowling attack with bowlers that bowl 10 consistent overs and be effective or the stable batting attack to bat out 50 overs. Fortunately, T20 doesnt need either of that so maybe we will get some confidence back if we can start well.

We havent played T20 in a long time so it will be interesting to see how the selection panel messes this one up. I am sure we will be disappointed as they have never failed in the past.

For me though, this is lineup i would like to see,

Soumya
Liton
Shakib
Mushy
Yasir
Afif
Riyad
Reza
Saifuddin
Nayeem
Fizz

Extras: Sabbir, Ebadat/ Taskin, Rony Talukdar

I know most of you would come at me for picking Reza but he had a great BPL and DPL T20. He has worked with Neil on power hitting and his bowling is pretty decent as well. I am always for rewarding performers and I think he and can be effective in this format. I wish we could keep Mushy away but truth is, we still dont have anyone that can replace him. He did have a terrific BPL so he stays. Tamim despite his final heroics has no place in the 11 or 14 in my opinion. Need to give atleast a few series to Yasir, Afif and Nayeem as we need them sooner then we anticipated.

Old July 31, 2019, 11:59 AM
Cricket Sage

An off-form/injured player is an off-form/injured player, doesn't matter which format he plays. Switching format will not change any outcome. Riyad is injured and off-form, no point giving him automatic selection. When you get older (like Riyad), its not easy to regain form back or regain fitness back.

Let him address this issues first and show some sign of his fitness/form only then we can talk about getting him back. Otherwise it will be same ol same ol garbage in garbage out situation.
Old July 31, 2019, 12:04 PM
Club Cricketer

In ODIs we got beaten by SRL, in T20s we will get crushed by Afghanistan. Thats all there will be to our T20 campaign. The End.
Old July 31, 2019, 12:08 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
An off-form/injured player is an off-form/injured player, doesn't matter which format he plays. Switching format will not change any outcome. Riyad is injured and off-form, no point giving him automatic selection. When you get older (like Riyad), its not easy to regain form back or regain fitness back.

Let him address this issues first and show some sign of his fitness/form only then we can talk about getting him back. Otherwise it will be same ol same ol garbage in garbage out situation.
I dont think its a form issue for Riyad. He did get starts in pretty much every game in WC just couldnt convert it to a great finish. I dont even know whats the problem with him at the moment but I think he is still our second best T20 player in the side and for a team thats ranked no.10, you cant afford to drop your second best T20 player like that despite his other format records.

But if he is injured, he should be rested. Dont understand why he wasnt for this series.
Old July 31, 2019, 12:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
I dont think its a form issue for Riyad. He did get starts in pretty much every game in WC just couldnt convert it to a great finish. I dont even know whats the problem with him at the moment but I think he is still our second best T20 player in the side and for a team thats ranked no.10, you cant afford to drop your second best T20 player like that despite his other format records.

But if he is injured, he should be rested. Dont understand why he wasnt for this series.

Sorry I don't buy your logic. He is struggling. Its plain and simple, he is injured (reported) and off form. May be his injury is contributing to his performance, who knows. But the bottom line is he is constantly not giving us any runs in recent times.

You are confusing "was" with "is". He was a T20 performer at some time in the past, not "is". If he regains his form back and backup with some strong performance in local league, then he is always welcome back at the last moment. He is experienced enough, he doesn't need to be in the team at this moment to further gain more experience.

Right now we need to give more chances to players like Mossadek/Litton/SS/New Blood to figure it out who is real ahd who is not and who should be in the final team. Right now we cannot waste a slot for Riyad. He need to address his problem outside the team.
Old July 31, 2019, 12:36 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
In ODIs we got beaten by SRL, in T20s we will get crushed by Afghanistan. Thats all there will be to our T20 campaign. The End.
we already got whitewashed by afg in T20
Old July 31, 2019, 12:39 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Riyad should be gone from team and get his injury healed. He is struggling with injury. No point in playing if you are not 100% fit.

Also, I agree that we have to focus on T20 now. We have two T20 World Cups coming up (2020 and 2021).
Old July 31, 2019, 01:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I'd like to see the following team:

Soumya/Anamul
Litton(keeper)
Shakib
Yasir
Mushy
Afif
Shabbir
Farhad Reza
Saifuddin
Nayeem Hasan
Mustafizur Rahman
AH Rony
Old July 31, 2019, 06:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Riyad won't survive under Shak. His situation will be even worse if Hathuru returns.

Hope Shak will have balls to drop his BFF Tamim too.

Liton+
Soumya
Shakib
Mushfiq
Sabbir/Jahurul
Yasir
Afif
Saifuddin
Taijul/Miraz
Shafiul/Taskin/Rahi
Fizz
Old July 31, 2019, 06:29 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Tamim will probably take a break and Riad might go for surgery. Anyway Here is my squad 1) Soumya 2) Liton 3) Yasir 4) Shakib(captain) 5) Mushfiqur 6) Miraz 7) Afif 8) Saiffudin 9) Taijul/Nayeem Hasan 10) Taskin/Qazi Onik/ Abu Jayed 11) Fizz 12) Junaid Siddique 13) Mahedi Hasan 14) Sabbir Rahman 15) Nasir Hossain
Old July 31, 2019, 07:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

I was gonna make a thread after the World Cup but BCB need to be smart about planning for these next two T20 world cups

The one next year is in Australia
The one in the following year is in India

You need to pick two teams that are suited for the conditions, like I wouldn't select Miraz for the one in Aus.

I have no idea whats in the pipeline and who actually has the skillset to perform so Im not going to pick any probables but thats the Job of the coaching staff and administration.

I do hope we prioritize the upcoming India Test though
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old August 1, 2019, 12:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Shakib thinks BCB should have player rotation policy like India, so that senior players don't get injured so often, and fringe players get some exposure as well. He thinks players should ask for rest when they're not fully fit.

He hopes BCB will start planning for next 3-4 years soon. -PA
Old August 1, 2019, 06:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Shakib thinks BCB should have player rotation policy like India, so that senior players don't get injured so often, and fringe players get some exposure as well. He thinks players should ask for rest when they're not fully fit.

He hopes BCB will start planning for next 3-4 years soon. -PA
Seems like he's also pissed we are playing with injured players as well lol
Old August 1, 2019, 07:57 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Best possible XI in my opinion:

Liton Das (wk)
Soumya Sarkar
Shakib Al Hasan (c)
Mushfiqur Rahim
Sabbir Rahman
Mosaddek Hossain
Mohammad Saifuddin
Nayeem Hasan
Taskin Ahmed
Abu Jayed Rahi
Mustafizur Rahman

Riyad should replace Mosa if he is fit. Otherwise he sits out for me.
Old August 2, 2019, 04:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

Why does everybody put Soumya Sarkar in their T20 squad? He averages 17.5 in T20I and 16.7 in T20s. He isn't a T20 player.