facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 9, 2005, 06:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara
Default For those...

For those who feel like our cricket will become an orphan after Whatmore goes away, please dont panic and think positive...for Dav is not the last word of cricket coaching. He is a professional and has every right to jump for big offers and a charismatic career. Lets not get carried away with emotion and romanticism. Its a tough mundane world and we have to hit back when the bitter reality bites.

Dav's contribution in our cricket is huge and he puts our cricket on a strong platform where our cricketers are now more confident about their ability. As Bashar said in one of his interviews prior to England tour that they were not anymore afraid of who would be the opponent, I think this is the best attitude he injects into our boys' brain cell. Now if he wanna leave its not the end of the world. Our cricket must carry on from where Dav leaves it.

Old April 9, 2005, 06:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Yeah, its really not as big a deal as some are making it. Coaches come and coaches go. Some will be better than others. In the end, the most important thing for our players are exposure and experience and how they learn from each. BCB is doing a good job with sending our A and under 19 teams on as many away tours as possible. The national team is also starting to find its feet in international cricket. Losing people like Whatmore and McInnes is a blow but nothing that we cannot remedy!

The only thing we have to make sure from a coaching point of view is to not appoint someone like Mohsin Kamal and Ali Zia ever again. I think most of us on this forum could do better than them!
Old April 9, 2005, 07:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

I agree with u guyz!
Old April 9, 2005, 07:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
The only thing we have to make sure from a coaching point of view is to not appoint someone like Mohsin Kamal and Ali Zia ever again.
Yeah he left a bitter taste in our mouths...
And so, I say this with complete respect and love to our fellow pakistani and Indian members-

"To maintain at least a 65 percent guarantee that our next coach will not be a fiasco and a high probability that he will be professional, let's stick to a Aussie-England or South African coaching option for the next 10 years"

Thank you

Edited on, April 9, 2005, 12:22 PM GMT, by oracle.

Edited on, April 9, 2005, 12:25 PM GMT, by oracle.
Reason: exchanged experience with the word taste
Old April 9, 2005, 09:20 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
The only thing we have to make sure from a coaching point of view is to not appoint someone like Mohsin Kamal and Ali Zia ever again. I think most of us on this forum could do better than them!
I think that Sujon (player-cum-coach like Haughton) and Sarwar Imran together will do a better job than Mohsin Kamal - Ali Zia.
Old April 9, 2005, 09:23 AM
Club Cricketer

haha good idea , To put someone from Bangladesh to Lead the team as a Coach , they will do better job .....
Old April 9, 2005, 09:31 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
As Bashar said in one of his interviews prior to England tour that they were not anymore afraid of who would be the opponent, I think this is the best attitude he injects into our boys' brain cell.
I am not really worried about our being orphan, but what I fear is that the above attitude that Whatmore had injected in our players' minds, it will be thrown out by them in time and they will forget to go into matches thinking about winning.

It happened to us before - I've seen it in my own eyes.

Do you remember the time when we were terrific fielders - starting from the world cup 1999? And then upto Trevor Chappell's tenure? We were great fielders for a time period, but then when did we actually start to forget our fielding?

I can't answer that, but I remember it clearly that it was pointed out to me by our favorites - Hannan Sarkar, Alok Kapali, Md. Ashraful - they suddenly became 'horrible' fielders from Aminul Islam/Akram Khan's being 'terrific' fielders.

What went wrong where? Yes, the sheer number of players had changed due to wrong or inexperienced selection policy, but shouldn't our senior players transform their knowledge - at least in the fielding department to our juniors?

It should have been, but it didn't. This is where we will ultimately fail to comprehend - this is my WORST FEAR.

In short, when or if Bashar/Pilot/Sujon/Rafique/Ashraful/Rajin/Tapash/Mashrafee - these bunch of senior players are once retired or out of the team one by one, then our new set of players - who are yet to be coached by Dav Whatmore - will fail horribly because the Ashrafuls & Rajins will not be able to pass on the knowledge that were 'taught' by Whatmore to the newcomers.
Old April 9, 2005, 12:36 PM
BC Editorial Team

I think Fahmida has a kernel of truth in her opus above As I mentioned somewhere, my main concern is the fragile psyche of our national team - woulda been nice if they had "shokto monobol" but le's be real here. It is very common for a team to tune out a a lameduck coach/captain as Dav would appear to be for the England tour. Considering the gravitus this tour carries, I am deeply concerned about the team's mindset; that's it. Dav is a big boy - he can look afterhimself. Our Tigers are just learning to walk.
Old April 9, 2005, 01:28 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by Navarene
For those who feel like our cricket will become an orphan after Whatmore goes away, please dont panic and think positive...for Dav is not the last word of cricket coaching. He is a professional and has every right to jump for big offers and a charismatic career. Lets not get carried away with emotion and romanticism. Its a tough mundane world and we have to hit back when the bitter reality bites.

Dav's contribution in our cricket is huge and he puts our cricket on a strong platform where our cricketers are now more confident about their ability. As Bashar said in one of his interviews prior to England tour that they were not anymore afraid of who would be the opponent, I think this is the best attitude he injects into our boys' brain cell. Now if he wanna leave its not the end of the world. Our cricket must carry on from where Dav leaves it.
Agree with you