facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 18, 2018, 08:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slayer
Along with big match temperament (even though India was playing its 2nd string side) I would like BD cricketers to develop more on maturity and general on-off the field temperament. Otherwise all that money and time spent on the great Courtney Walsh will be wasted. He is a true gentleman and legend of the game who would never endorse breaking glass windows and aggressive gyrations in the opposition faces
Trolls have a very short life expectancy here. VERY short.

Old March 18, 2018, 09:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Trolls have a very short life expectancy here. VERY short.
When emotions take over reason the mind runs for excuses. Troll is an English word. My post states a fact, counter it with logic and reasoning without throwing in some limited social media vocab . we have invented most of these words.
Old March 18, 2018, 10:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slayer
Along with big match temperament (even though India was playing its 2nd string side) I would like BD cricketers to develop more on maturity and general on-off the field temperament. Otherwise all that money and time spent on the great Courtney Walsh will be wasted. He is a true gentleman and legend of the game who would never endorse breaking glass windows and aggressive gyrations in the opposition faces
You know, I have personally broken a glass door like that at one stage (by accident ofcorse). It's actually not that hard to break a door like that to be quite honest. A small crack and it comes down falling like the twin towers (bad joke, i know). We don't really know the inside story of how that door was broken, so why create all these unnecessary talks?

Speaking about aggressive gyrations , Virat K is the prime definition of that (believe it or not, he is my favorite player of this generation). So what exactly are you talking about?
Old March 18, 2018, 10:58 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Kohli

Bangladesh played very well and only a chance innings by DK prevented the win. Bangladesh have improved a lot in the last 15 years, I remember the pot bellied Akram Khan when Bangladesh made its debut. Bangladesh can beat any side on its day.Only would like Bangladesh to do better in test cricket, that is the only major area for improvement I can see. And playing abroad. Also persist with your players. Sometimes players need some time.Not everyone is Mashrafe. Atapattu and Laxman were failures early on, but they came into their own later.

It was amusing to see SL fans back India, normally they never support Indian team.

If I may say in Bengali or Bangla, khup bhalo.Well played to Bangladesh, bad luck.

Last edited by bolero; March 19, 2018 at 07:50 AM..
Old March 19, 2018, 12:11 PM
Club Cricketer

Location: Earth, Solar Neighbourhood, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
Favorite Player: Sourav Ganguly

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
You know, I have personally broken a glass door like that at one stage (by accident ofcorse). It's actually not that hard to break a door like that to be quite honest. A small crack and it comes down falling like the twin towers (bad joke, i know). We don't really know the inside story of how that door was broken, so why create all these unnecessary talks?

Speaking about aggressive gyrations , Virat K is the prime definition of that (believe it or not, he is my favorite player of this generation). So what exactly are you talking about?
The glass window breaking has not been proven to have happened the way it is being insinuated. In any case, the SL umpire's behind the main incident also need to be punished for such a basic mistake.
Old March 19, 2018, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
they were disgusting. couple of months back indians made fun of them coz of the "mask" incident and now they are cheering coz they lost to BD twice. luicchami crowd. hawwar nati shob gula..
Nope. We lost a home series to you. Hell.. We even lost the home series to Zim. We just went.. Meh..nothing new on SL loosing

But the way your players behaved & acted in the last SL match was classless. SL has won 2 world cups, has been in multiple world cup finals but have always congratulated the opposition & treated the opposition after the match with respect.

This was just another tournament. And the way your players behaved was disappointing.

Same with most of the fans.
Old March 19, 2018, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
I have a Sri Lankan Tamil friend at work. He told me these are Sinhalese supporting India ad they dont like tigers, just like they have issues with Tamils in SL. This guy supports BD, his name is Mokan. Also supports Pak.

So I guess not all SL were backing Ind.
Trust me, after the shenanigans of the BD players in the last match, the majority of Sri Lankans including the Muslim fans were supporting IND
Old March 19, 2018, 12:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyroProto
Trust me, after the shenanigans of the BD players in the last match, the majority of Sri Lankans including the Muslim fans were supporting IND
How can we trust you...someone who has just posted one comment before this???

Where is your proof?
Old March 19, 2018, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Most probably Tamils.

Guy a know from work, met recently like few months. Nice guy, speaks little English. Not UK born or anything. But told me stuffs. Before Ind batting he messaged ne saying, ‘last man is good’ probably referring to Sabbir. I asked him about the support sl crowds in colombo giving to india, he’s saying its sinhala people. Not much tamils from lanka likes cricket or support sl in cricket. Even though Murali was Tamil.
Not only Murali. Matthews is half Tamil. When it comes to sports nobody cares about your race or religion in SL. If you don't perform, you get **** on. Race or religion doesn't come in to play.

And I live in an area where the majority is tamil in SL. Of course they suport SL & are fans of cricket like the Sinhalese & Muslims.

But I agree that we are not hardcore fans. Even when we were loosing to freaking Zim, people just grumbled but shrugged their shoulders & lost interest in cricket for a bit
Old March 19, 2018, 12:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyroProto
Nope. We lost a home series to you. Hell.. We even lost the home series to Zim. We just went.. Meh..nothing new on SL loosing

But the way your players behaved & acted in the last SL match was classless. SL has won 2 world cups, has been in multiple world cup finals but have always congratulated the opposition & treated the opposition after the match with respect.

This was just another tournament. And the way your players behaved was disappointing.

Same with most of the fans.
If you take the time to read some of the threads, most of us have a positive view of Lankan team and their fans. If you want to ruin that image, then carry on as you are.

Besides, you should be happy after last night. Stadium was lit, fans were awesome, Indian flag hoisted proudly by every Sinhalese. It was a good to see. What are you still mad about?