facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 29, 2016, 03:29 AM
Banned

Default Playing FC/List A In Bangladesh

Hello Everyone.

I have a question is it possible to play Fc/List A cricket in Bangladesh without a passport. I was born in Bangladesh but moved to Australia shortly after. Currently I play for Bankstown and have a High Score of 154 with 1354 Odd runs Avg at 42 after 32 matches. I open for Bankstown and have 4 hundreds and 6 Fifties. Is it possible to take up professional cricket in Bangladesh. As I will be going their for 1 year after my HSC(Final exam after Year 12), currently not playing since i am focusing on my studies.And yes I believe I have the potential to be apart of the Bangladesh squad, Inshallah

Old October 29, 2016, 03:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Wow, great achievement. Hope your dreams come true. We need persistent batsmen who can sustain pressure of the longer version.
Old October 29, 2016, 03:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARahat
Hello Everyone.

I have a question is it possible to play Fc/List A cricket in Bangladesh without a passport. I was born in Bangladesh but moved to Australia shortly after. Currently I play for Bankstown and have a High Score of 154 with 1354 Odd runs Avg at 42 after 32 matches. I open for Bankstown and have 4 hundreds and 6 Fifties. Is it possible to take up professional cricket in Bangladesh. As I will be going their for 1 year after my HSC(Final exam after Year 12), currently not playing since i am focusing on my studies.And yes I believe I have the potential to be apart of the Bangladesh squad, Inshallah
You are Bangladeshi. As far as I know that you may need your birth certificate. That's all.

You need a team to play which may be a bit tricky to manage initially.
Old October 29, 2016, 03:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
You are Bangladeshi. As far as I know that you may need your birth certificate. That's all.

You need a team to play which may be a bit tricky to manage initially.
I`m pretty sure my parents lost it .. Is there any other way.
Old October 29, 2016, 03:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

You can always reproduce a birth certificate, just go to Nagar Bhaban.
Old October 29, 2016, 03:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
I`m pretty sure my parents lost it .. Is there any other way.
I am sure that there are ways. Please contact BCB. They will help you hopefully.
Old October 29, 2016, 04:08 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shabbir and Taskin.

Best of luck buddy
Old October 29, 2016, 05:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Get hold of your birth certificate and then get a BD passport in BD. Don't tell them you live outside BD.
Old October 29, 2016, 06:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Get hold of your birth certificate and then get a BD passport in BD. Don't tell them you live outside BD.
Why is that
Old October 29, 2016, 06:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Hello Everyone.

if you want you can pm me and i can try get people who live in Sydney that are connected with the BCB, But its not joke you cant come and say you think you can be part of BD squad LOL. You need to at least be playing at least 3rd grade Sydney comp to be in any conversation in terms of playing in the Bangladesh domestic setup. Since your 16yo you need to be playing in Green Shield at least.

And im assuming Bankstown club and the age group you are playing in is park cricket. So that comp is definitely not an indicator of how good you are. Also you should definitely not stop cricket in year 11 thats a terrible mistake. Maybe year 12 you can give it a break but year 11 does not count towards year 12 HSC.

So its kinda pointless giving up cricket for 2 years cos thats the age that most batsmen develop in Australia so you will be behind in terms of skill development with the rest of the players around your age group. That was the mistake i made when i was trying to make into high grade levels in Sydney.
Old October 29, 2016, 06:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
if you want you can pm me and i can try get people who live in Sydney that are connected with the BCB, But its not joke you cant come and say you think you can be part of BD squad LOL. You need to at least be playing at least 3rd grade Sydney comp to be in any conversation in terms of playing in the Bangladesh domestic setup. Since your 16yo you need to be playing in Green Shield at least.

And im assuming Bankstown club and the age group you are playing in is park cricket. Also you should definitely not stop cricket in year 11 thats a terrible mistake. Maybe year 12 you can give it a break but year 11 does not count towards year 12 HSC so its kinda pointless giving up cricket for 2 years cos thats the age that most batsmen develop at that age in Australia so you will be behind in terms of skill development with the rest of the players around your age group.

I played cricket in year 11, but will stop in year 12, I am in year 12 now btw. Will do hsc in october 2017
Old October 29, 2016, 06:33 AM
Banned

Quote:

And im assuming Bankstown club and the age group you are playing in is park cricket. So that comp is definitely not an indicator of how good you are. Also you should definitely not stop cricket in year 11 thats a terrible mistake. Maybe year 12 you can give it a break but year 11 does not count towards year 12 HSC.

So its kinda pointless giving up cricket for 2 years cos thats the age that most batsmen develop in Australia so you will be behind in terms of skill development with the rest of the players around your age group. That was the mistake i made when i was trying to make into high grade levels in Sydney.
Thanks for your advice, im going to bangladesh again in like 8 weeks(school holidays), were can i start playing, im thinking of playing in some parks to get acclimatized to the conditions then join a club for like a month or two
Old October 29, 2016, 06:38 AM
Banned

Quote:

One more thing, bhaia do you know where i can play when i go to BD, I will be staying in Mirpur near the Police Staff college.
Old October 29, 2016, 07:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
One more thing, bhaia do you know where i can play when i go to BD, I will be staying in Mirpur near the Police Staff college.
my close mate's grandfather is on the board of abahani cricket club. I can arrange something if you pm me with details.
Old October 29, 2016, 07:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
my close mate's grandfather is on the board of abahani cricket club. I can arrange something if you pm me with details.
I won`t be able to play for a full time club in my following visit, but in my next visit(gap year for Uni) I will be able to,I will go at the end of this year to trial one or two matches in a low-profile club to see were i stand currently in the mix of things
Old October 29, 2016, 07:11 AM
Banned

And one more question, in the domestic system wat is more prominent pace or spin.