facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 30, 2018, 12:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Default Places to live

I felt like starting this thread from the interest of knowing the ground level lifestyle experiences from all of you so based on your location you can draw a detail picture of the place, country and BD community, things to do, eateries etc. for others who are contemplating the idea to move and explore.

As for myself, I lived in many different states in the USA and based on my experience I can draw an overall picture of areas I lived as follows,

South of Texas

Hispanic influence. Very laid back compared to other parts of Texas and other states. Rent, utilities, food, fuel, car - everything is cheaper compared to continental US. Weather is extremely hot and humid due to closeness to sea. Good for single life but not for family.

East Texas/Dallas/FortWorth

Much better weather but still extremely uncomfortably hot during summer. Thunderstorm is a common scene. Mediocre schools for kids. Large desi community can keep you busy with plenty of religious festival options. Poor crime rating. Not too expensive. No income tax.

Maryland/Virginia/DC

Plenty of opportunities to intermingle and lead a posh life. Bit on the expensive side. Crime is an issue. But you can circle around it avoiding scratchy areas. Lots of snow, black ice hazards. Moderately sized community but vibrant - not as large as Dallas. Paycheck to expenditure can be a concern. Good/Bad school areas.

Fargo/Twin Cities

Less crime but expensive compared to what you earn. The housing is cheap. Brutal cold weather can make you depress. Schools are moderately good. BD community is active but weather cuts the fun most part of the year. Good area for single persons, not so to grow family.

Santa Fe/Albuquerque

Overly expensive compared to the facilities. Scenic with moderate winter and overly hot summer. Fresh air and water all the time. Driving around never makes you tired. Very low presence of BD community - can be a good or bad thing . Good for vacation. High crime rate may discard the intention to grow a family.

Nashville, TN

High presence of BD intellectuals but hard to mingle because of low presence in festivities. Very vibrant lifestyle and wonderful for eligible singles. Weather is fantastic. Nice summer, great winter (except once last time when it really snowed!). Locations in suburbs where you can find crime free high quality school zones. May be planning to grow a family is not so bad either but there are areas you don't want to be. My colleague once got punched in a bar brawl.

Dover, Delaware

A no-no. Nothing is suitable for this old city. Everything you need your options are limited. Lifestyle can be boring at times. May be cheaper in a sense but cannot entertain the place for family living. Heavy snow in winter with poor road increases hazard. Summer is hot. Also the way cities are spread seems like a very poor planning. Schools are also moderate in the low side.

Oklahoma

Oklahoma city is similarly hot as Dallas, but very expensive comparatively! People drive all the way to Indopak from there for monthly grocery. Very low presence of BD community and suitable services may discourage you to stay there. Weather seemed OK and people are nice. But, school-crime both on the lower side I guess.

Jackson Heights/Jamaica

Yeah, you want to be there and attend all the concerts/programs/gatherings be it religious, political, regional but expensive housing with high state+city tax may not help you with low transportation car free living. If you are earning 6 figures and living in the suburb you will still struggle. But well community is rich, but school and safety, not so much. Once in South Jamaica people frequently do shooting practice and during my stay there one bus passenger died of a ricochet.

New Hampshire

Again good for retirees not for a family. Hard to find a suitable grocery. Extreme weather. Very scenic and enjoyable fall/summer gets trumped by the 5 month harshness. Super expensive. Tax free but commute is a headache as everything is placed far far away. Also for quick service you have to count on your luck. Schools are moderately on the better side. Good thing is most cities have high safety rating. No income tax.

Boston and suburbs, MA

Weather in winter can be gruesome but if you already lived in Fargo/Twin Cities/New Hampshire, this will seem like heaven to you. Commute is troublesome and can kill half of your day. Vibrant BD community presence. Good thing is in any gathering the average scholarly parameter is very high so always it is a discussion of the brains. Everything is costly here. You need to earn 10% more than what you earn if you are in Queens, NY. Housing to bread, gas to cab fare - even train/bus passes all are high priced, add super high state and income taxes. Summer and Fall is wonderful. It is February to April which can make you call it a day. Best schools, best safety rating. Great for family living.

Currently I am looking at San Francisco Bay for my next venture.

What is your city/state/country? How do you rate it for a Bangladeshi. One of my old classmate lives in Palo Alto and he is unmarried, in his forties and seems very happy and content. So, perspectives may vary but welcome!

Old October 30, 2018, 12:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Nice thread. You seemed to have stayed in a lot of places. Why you going to san francisco? that maybe the most expensive place on your list since u didn't put Manhattan.

Everything feels cheap when I go out of NY city (includes the borroughs and Long Island). It's a poor value i think for what you get. You get more hits on Tinder however...
Old October 30, 2018, 12:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Nice thread. You seemed to have stayed in a lot of places. Why you going to san francisco? that maybe the most expensive place on your list since u didn't put Manhattan.

Everything feels cheap when I go out of NY city (includes the borroughs and Long Island). It's a poor value i think for what you get. You get more hits on Tinder however...
Are you sure that tinder hit count is for the location, not for your profession
Old October 30, 2018, 01:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Are you sure that tinder hit count is for the location, not for your profession
LOL. Well I can't use Tinder maybe if i ever get a divorce which looks very unlikely. Bi*ches don't wanna leave yo. But there is truth to what you say. Both data released and from other's experience, this profession gives u an advantage in dating. U could be ugly as hell but still get away with it. the title gives u an image of being fit.
'
it's also true that once girls use app to date they find out there are a lot i mean a lot of duds out there and no matter what feminism movement we are experiencing their gender role instinct will kick in... where they expect the man to be someone who can take care of them.

So the girls who are interested are usually looking for long term/marriage. that's the down side.

But its also true due to the massive population of big city of NY - there is always someone for u. Just have to settle for broader category. there are girls out there who will go out jsut to get a free meal - some 3rd class sh&%& haha. u never think it's possible in Bangladeshi culture..
Old October 30, 2018, 02:01 PM
Cricket Legend

^Ask Al furqan, he is an expert at dating those girls who seek free meals. I rembember one of his posts on dating about quality girls. He was spot on.

you can date unlimited if u got no criteria.. but make sure don't carry your wallet with u when u go out... just 40 dollars in your inner pocket. that's it. :p