facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 30, 2010, 09:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman
Default Jamie Siddons - The best thing the BCB have ever done

With Kayes now over the hurdle we have six batsmen capable of scoring big since the arrival of Siddons. The best batting coach in the World without a doubt. Now it is vital we keep him for as long as possible.

Last edited by Equinox; May 30, 2010 at 02:48 PM..

Old May 30, 2010, 09:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
With Kayes now over the hurdle we have six batsmen capable of scoring big since the arrival of Siddons. The best batting coach in the World without a doubt. Now it is vital we keep him for as long as possible.
FYI: we need to win matches, not individual performances.
Old May 30, 2010, 09:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

Siddons is the best coach in the world when our players are scoring really well, and worst coach when our players are doing horrible?
Old May 30, 2010, 09:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

He is a good batting coach. No doubt about that.

But he is crap as a head coach.
Old May 30, 2010, 09:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk619
FYI you can't go from innings defeats to winning test matches. Step by step improvements. It's there for all to see.

As for ODIs towards the end of of Ash's reign as captain we beat Sri Lanka and New Zealand and were looking a competitive ODI unit. Siddons was the coach then as well.
Old May 30, 2010, 10:31 AM
Cricket Sage

I wouldn't go that far. But he is by far the best coach we had who made some major improvements in our batting line up. His head coaching ability is some what questionable.
Old May 30, 2010, 10:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
FYI you can't go from innings defeats to winning test matches. Step by step improvements. It's there for all to see.

As for ODIs towards the end of of Ash's reign as captain we beat Sri Lanka and New Zealand and were looking a competitive ODI unit. Siddons was the coach then as well.
yes no doubt that our batting improves a lot, but the fact is that as a head coach, he should put more focus on fielding and bowling, rather than improving one side which is batting......the only way u can win a game when u click all three sides
Old May 30, 2010, 10:45 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

He should be out batting coach instead of head coach...
Old May 30, 2010, 10:55 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

He has been our best batting coach no doubt. Turned a gobet like Imrul into class boss, I agree with you.
Old May 30, 2010, 11:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Don't know if all credit should go to Siddons, but definitely an improvement from Kayes. He's still pretty streaky in his run-scoring though.
Old May 30, 2010, 11:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

i think he needs to have a 2-3 week camp with the A team, academy and under 19 batsman
Old May 30, 2010, 12:15 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I hope we keep him as a batting coach, for another few years. Hope he is willing to stay. There was a reason why he wasnt the head coach of Aus, but asst. coach. So we need to find a head coach who can motivate like Whatmore. So we will be technically solid, with confidence to win match.
Old May 30, 2010, 12:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
I wouldn't go that far. But he is by far the best coach we had who made some major improvements in our batting line up. His head coaching ability is some what questionable.
What is the best thing the BCB has done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Don't know if all credit should go to Siddons, but definitely an improvement from Kayes. He's still pretty streaky in his run-scoring though.
Well that's obvious isn't it? He can only help those who help themselves. That's why he hasn't gone anywhere with a loser like Ashraful.

You guys are over-estimating the role of a coach in cricket. Shakib has to improve his captaincy and become more authoritative to win matches not Siddons.
Old May 30, 2010, 01:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Also, don't forget Junaid. The level of determination he showed today was incredible. Previously out batsmen would give in the pressure[short bowling] and just gift their wicket. He kept his cool and made sure the bowlers had to come and get him.
Thanks to Jamie for turning some "mediocre" batsmen into international class batsmen and some international class batsmen into "world-class" batsmen.
Old May 30, 2010, 01:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk619
His influence will remain with BD cricket for a long time. Even after when he is gone. Unlike any of your previous coaches who could not develop any of the players to international standards.

Winning is a culture. BD don't have any of that in any sector. We have partial of it in chess but that is about it.

These small individual achievements string together (consistency) can bring that change. We have shrugged the tag of eid day winning. Now we are competing at Lords. Hats of the coach. We are not there yet. Fielding and bowling needs to be improved a little. Results will come do not worry!!
Old May 30, 2010, 02:08 PM
Cricket Guru

I don't expect most people to understand what Siddons is doing and realise his influence until after he's gone. Five-ten years from now people will hail him as the architect of our success. He came in with a long-term plan and wasn't in it for one or two fluke wins a year a la Whatmore.
Old May 30, 2010, 02:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

That would be hard. It would be like a demotion for Siddons. But for Bangladesh cricket it would be great. The national team needs a good motivator, not just a technical batting expert like Siddons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I hope we keep him as a batting coach, for another few years. Hope he is willing to stay. There was a reason why he wasnt the head coach of Aus, but asst. coach. So we need to find a head coach who can motivate like Whatmore. So we will be technically solid, with confidence to win match.
Old May 30, 2010, 02:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
He is the best batting coach we had so far. It's the best decision by BCB to appoint him as coach. Though sometimes he showed that he is not a good tactician. But still he has changed these players (Tamim, Kayes, Mahmudullah, Shakib, Mushfiq ) from talented players to performing talents.
Old May 30, 2010, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Jeez, for the mental part, just hire a manager who can cover that part.
Old May 30, 2010, 02:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Give him a batsman with talent + a proven track record and give him some time and he will convert him into an International standard batsman. Take the example of Shahriar Nafees he is just as if not more talented than the likes of Imrul Kayes and Zunaed Siddique plus he has a good domestic record but instead of choosing to work on his game with Siddons he opted to take the easy way and make money. Now look where he is and look where Siddique is. One is playing in Fatullah and the other scored back to back 50's in front of a Lord's crowd.
Old May 30, 2010, 02:34 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib, SN, Tamim

Yes, but he is the worst bowling coach in the world!
Old May 30, 2010, 02:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Don't get carried away, brothers. I still remember when his head was in highest demands.

But credit to Junaid. He showed balls of titanium today. Same goes to Kayes. They overcame their technical shortcomings through sheer will and determination.
Old May 30, 2010, 02:37 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib, SN, Tamim

Well, one mistake he did was to Ash change his batting style

He reformed our batting, but what about our bowling? Where has our bowling gone to? We now have only a good SLA while Mash, our best pacer is always injury ridden with no replacement.

Also we have a Mushy who cant keep the stumps properly against Spinners

But I always wanted to have him as a batting coach
Its time to demote him to one, and have someone better to coach our team, but not SUJON :p
Old May 30, 2010, 02:46 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Easy guys.. easy!
I think its time for us fans to realize that BD actually has still got some massive technical deficiencies...and there are no short-cut ways around those weaknesses. Siddons has definitely done the good work of shaking off the subcontinental-style hype of emotions over solid developments. He has rightly identified the weaknesses of the players and has focused on curing those. He is a man of maths..and thus have chosen the path of not casting the spell of falls hopes.

If the team keeps progressing like this..I personally am more than happy with waiting another 5 years to become a real Tiger.. rather than an unpredictable Eid-style side.
Old May 30, 2010, 02:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
You guys are over-estimating the role of a coach in cricket. Shakib has to improve his captaincy and become more authoritative to win matches not Siddons.
How come Shakib is suppose to improve his captaincy? By himself?
What's the role of a head coach may I ask?