facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 26, 2011, 09:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
Its about time our players start earning in range of 50000 USD +
for the past few years, its stuck at around only 25-30 lakhs...
well, if u really wanna make cricketers emerge out of nowhere, mind you, its money in the end that will drive you further, remeber curtly ambrose telling that he never really liked cricket, but thats the only way he could earn ahandsome amount of money...so thats why he chose this profesion at a time when wi cricket was going thru good times....ask any indian youngster, and the fact is, when u see incredible amounts of money that is actually not possible by doing any other high level jobs in country, than even parents wont stop u from doing it, (ofocurse not illegal stuffs)...so the next time, parents of our country wont stop their children from p0laying cricket if they find he's extremely good in it...
Absolutely, people say that players join the sports because of their love. I say it is moot. Unless you have huge sums of money, not many young cricketers will come into the business.

I have heard from some of my elder brothers, that there used to be a kid who was about 20 times better than Shahriar Nafees when they were 15-16. But the other kid could not pursue a full time career as it wasn't very certain income. Instead he opted for a 40,000 tk accountant's job.

Unless we can have 150~ cricketers earning significantly more than the average joe, we will always strive to keep the potential cricketers in the business. More money, greater pool, greater squad.

Also, I don't think a whole new competition needs to be created, just re structure the NCL T20, auction the franchisees, give it to Lalit Modi and see what happens.

Old May 26, 2011, 10:02 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

why a premier league?..IPL,SPL,BPL..i am sick of this premier word..why cant they just stop copying and start using some new and innovative name
Old May 26, 2011, 10:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

It's because they don't want to hire someone smart enough to think of something. 15 taka is a lot to them ¬_¬
Old May 26, 2011, 11:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Who will make BCB understand that we don't need to copy name of others. We can lead our existing cricket league or tournament more attractively.
Old May 26, 2011, 01:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rafi_
Those who are doubting about size of paycheck should know that Sheikh Jamal is planning to play Dhaka league first time and they are going to spend 5 crores taka according to club officials. And it is just for a city based cricket tournament. BPL will generate more money than SlPL. Good tv deal alone can get us some million dollars. Plus there are revenue from ticket income and lucrative sponsorship. A properly broadcast and hyped tournament will really attract our fans. This will be a good tournament if happens.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Now i havent heard sheikh jamal in cricket....?
are u talking abt dhaka football league, if then, its more sad coz the same amount of money isnt invested in cricket....
btw, can anyone enlighten me who is the highest earning player in our football league.....if cricket really is to overcome, then the highest earning player should easily earn 5-10 fold times more than football......go to India, and see if any football leagues pay higher than IPL....whereas overhere we r still finding payment in football being more than cricket...that sucks now...considering we need youngsters to play cricket
Old May 26, 2011, 01:06 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar, Klusner

I with the Guidance of my economic teacher have tried to make a model to judge what would be the price of IPL style league if started in various countries. Obviously the base of the calculation is IPL.

The various factors taken into account are
1. Interest level in country (Very difficult to define. News space is the best indicator)
2. Population
3. Per Capita income
4. No of teams in the tournament
5. Security Factor of country
6. Infrastructure, i.e stadiums, whether held in one stadium or on Home or Away, D&N facility available etc)

My calculation threw the value of SLPL as 1.5M$/year (Actual is 1.75 M$)
Aus:- 100 M$ (Indicators point to 90M$ of Melbourne and Sydney)

For BD
1. 6 Teams, 1 stadium:- 2M$/Franchisee (For 10 years)
2. 6 Teams, Home and Away:- 8.1 M$
3. 8 Teams, 1 stadium:- 1.1 M$
4. 8 Teams, Home and Away:- 4.5 M$

Still need fine tuning, but they surely tell you a range in what price range our franchise would land

On the salary part, based on type of Tournament, the max salary could vary between 20K to 85K $. My guess of highest Salary would be 50k$

Still working and fine tuning. Any thing better comes up will surely keep you guys updated
Old May 26, 2011, 01:34 PM
Banned

thanks jashan.....man i am still disappointed......if we wanna make it REALLY BIG....the highest earning salary for a cricketer in BPL must be atleast 100000 USD...which is approx TK 1 Crore......
pretty much sure any cricketer wuldnt want to throw that much away if given a chance....
Old May 26, 2011, 01:36 PM
Banned

Another thing BPL needs is home and away...or this will be nothing....just a waste of time....loyalties will nevr build up...that desire to follow with passion will never exist......i remeber last time in normal games not involving the home teams at mirpur, there used to be only 2000 spectators....now what kind of figure is that.....these are the things that BCB must work on, and ensure that fans are DO following it...
Old May 26, 2011, 02:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashan83
I with the Guidance of my economic teacher have tried to make a model to judge what would be the price of IPL style league if started in various countries. Obviously the base of the calculation is IPL.

The various factors taken into account are
1. Interest level in country (Very difficult to define. News space is the best indicator)
2. Population
3. Per Capita income
4. No of teams in the tournament
5. Security Factor of country
6. Infrastructure, i.e stadiums, whether held in one stadium or on Home or Away, D&N facility available etc)

My calculation threw the value of SLPL as 1.5M$/year (Actual is 1.75 M$)
Aus:- 100 M$ (Indicators point to 90M$ of Melbourne and Sydney)

For BD
1. 6 Teams, 1 stadium:- 2M$/Franchisee (For 10 years)
2. 6 Teams, Home and Away:- 8.1 M$
3. 8 Teams, 1 stadium:- 1.1 M$
4. 8 Teams, Home and Away:- 4.5 M$

Still need fine tuning, but they surely tell you a range in what price range our franchise would land

On the salary part, based on type of Tournament, the max salary could vary between 20K to 85K $. My guess of highest Salary would be 50k$

Still working and fine tuning. Any thing better comes up will surely keep you guys updated
Really amusing statistics. Thanks a lot.
Old May 26, 2011, 04:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Why can't they name it something like the rickshaw cup? Or the Goru's trophy?
Old May 27, 2011, 01:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

ek IPL diyei indian cricket aj emon porjayea....jekhane tader haranotai ekhon ekta shopno hoyea dariyeche....ipl actually changed the indian cricket......
Old May 27, 2011, 04:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
BCB are probably the most boring out of the the 10 test boards.
No doubt.
Old May 27, 2011, 04:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

No one;s going to want to play in our league unless we offer more then the IPL.

We dont have the shah rukhs khans or the Ambani's to offer millions of pounds to the best players.

Best we can do is attract medicore players that are known but not huge stars
Old May 27, 2011, 05:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Right. We need a good format and competative team. Otherwise it will not attract the viewers.
Old May 27, 2011, 06:59 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: shakib,shourav

hope for the best
Old May 28, 2011, 12:57 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

NCL T20 tai revamp kore, bhalo moton korte parto.. khamakha arekta league launch korar kono mane achhe?
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old May 28, 2011, 07:06 AM
Cricket Legend

All I see on fb now from the cricket pages are ''BPL is coming'' or ''Mash is back''
And the BPL names are whack!
Old May 29, 2011, 04:18 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
thanks jashan.....man i am still disappointed......if we wanna make it REALLY BIG....the highest earning salary for a cricketer in BPL must be atleast 100000 USD...which is approx TK 1 Crore......
pretty much sure any cricketer wuldnt want to throw that much away if given a chance....
Well obviously everybody wants it Big. If if was in hands of fans they would make it bigger than IPL, but that is how it doesn't work.
It is the economics that works behind it. People who put money want to make profit and the ROI should be more than what ROI they would have got putting in bank.
For my calculations I checked the online newspapers of India, Bangladesh etc and found that interest level in Bangladesh to be 20% more than that in India. So even with high level of interest it is the size of the economies and various factor (Mentioned in previous posts) that have governed the prices.

The best is if BPL has 6 teams and they work on Home and Away model. That will get 69.6 M$ for BCB (11.6 M$/Franchise) or 6.96 M$/ year as compared to 1400 M$ what BCCI got from IPL (for 10 years or 140 M$/year)

Last edited by jashan83; May 29, 2011 at 11:19 AM..
Old May 29, 2011, 08:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

bcb better get a good marketing team! ncl t20 was good but marketing was so poor that hardly the stadiums got packed
Old May 29, 2011, 09:08 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
bcb better get a good marketing team! ncl t20 was good but marketing was so poor that hardly the stadiums got packed
If you have all the matches in one or two stadiums then they are bound not to be filled. Afterall fans also have their limits. For the love of game they will not watch all the games.

Great marketing is not required. Simply have Home and Away games. You create local fan base and in each stadiums less number of matches. More people come to watch the matches.
Old May 29, 2011, 10:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

British Petrolium Limited!
Dhum-dharakka cricket league is better.
Old May 29, 2011, 10:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashan83
Well obviously everybody wants it Big. If if was in hands of fans they would make it bigger than IPL, but that is how it doesn't work.
It is the economics that works behind it. People who put money want to make profit and the ROI should be more than what ROI they would have got putting in bank.
For my calculations I checked the online newspapers of India, Bangladesh etc and found that interest level in Bangladesh to be 20% more than that in India. So even with high level of interest it is the size of the economies and various factor (Mentioned in previous posts) that have governed the prices.

The best is if BPL has 6 teams and they work on Home and Away model. That will get 48.6 M$ for BCB (8.1 M$/Franchise) or 4.86 M$/ year as compared to 1400 M$ what BCCI got from IPL (for 10 years or 140 M$/year)
So according to you, like in IPL, gambhir got paid the highest of 2.1 USD, what can be the highest payment a player in BPL can earn? Just curios..
Old May 29, 2011, 10:34 AM
Banned

if BPL can mkae this the second best after ipl given the resources we have got, it wil be great.......currently, Big Bash is second biggest after IPL, right, which player is the highest paid in Big Bash t20, any ideas?
Old May 29, 2011, 10:50 AM
Banned

Just hope a good channel broadcasts this, so that people worldwide DO watch this, unlike last year where hardly anyone cared by switching to ATN channel with their pathetic boradcasting
Old May 29, 2011, 11:13 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
So according to you, like in IPL, gambhir got paid the highest of 2.1 USD, what can be the highest payment a player in BPL can earn? Just curios..
Hey dude I posted that in this thread. I am working on a project in which I am trying to develop a model for calculating the details. The parameters kindly check the post no #31.

The highest salary as per my model depending upon what type of tournament (6 or 8 teams, Home and Away or matches in one stadium) would vary from 20K to 85K. (Revised model says 25K (if a 8 team, 1 or 2 stadium) to 125K (6 Team, Home and Away model)
Most likely it would be of the range of 50 to 75K IMHO