facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 21, 2011, 04:16 AM
Club Cricketer

BDFlag ENOUGH of Mushfiqur Rahim's Show !!!

Mushfiqur Rahim needs to quit from his captaincy and keeping for his better future.
Don't get me wrong I like the way he bats..his defense and his technique..that's why he needs more time to concentrate on batting to become a good solid batsman..

Reasons for my concerns :

1. missed so many catches in so many series due to EXCITEMENT
2. missed so many stumpings in all forms of game due to EXCITEMENT
3. current series against Pakistan he was the main reason for team's both innings failure after a solid stand..again due to his EXCITEMENT
4. as a captain he is too young and immatured to lead

Solutions:

1. new captain MUST
2. new keeper MUST to the INFINITY !
3. Mushfiq shud be kept only as a specialized batsman.

Any thoughts?
Old December 21, 2011, 04:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Najmul was bowling so well arround the offstump. Our picchi captain took all the slips away and forced him to ball short deliveries. Just aweful as a captain
Old December 21, 2011, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6n4
Any thoughts?
Yeah, they all sucks.
Old December 21, 2011, 04:35 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Yeah, they all sucks.
lol...nice thoughts :p
Old December 21, 2011, 05:24 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Mushy had a really poor Test series. His dismissal today was one of the worst in the Test history in the context of the game.

He is no better than Ashraful in terms of irresponsibility.
Old December 21, 2011, 01:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Mushy had a really poor Test series. His dismissal today was one of the worst in the Test history in the context of the game.

He is no better than Ashraful in terms of irresponsibility.
What???!!!!

He was batting with Elias Cloudy, Rajib, Nazmul, and Robiul. 3 genuine #11s and a legit #10. He would be better off with 4 chris martin's batting with him. He had to go for some quick hits and runs. We were never going to draw this match.

But I agree, he should give up the gloves. Shakib wasn't any better a captain than Mushy, neither was Ash. They were all the same. Fact, maybe Ash was our best captain...our best bowling figures have come under his watch (Shakib 7/36 and Rajib 6/27) against G8 sides.

Mushy needs to be more aggressive, but he's not doing too badly. Only other option is Shakib and he already has to hit hundreds and take fivers. But we need another wicket keeper.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 21, 2011, 05:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Wow, my respect for him as skipper was crushed in this series, lot of WTF moves like:
1. Overbowling Shahadat despite being crappy in first innings
2. Underbowling Nasir and even letting him bowl medium pace (WTH was that?!!)
3. Pathetic behind the stumps.
4. Threw his wicket away in the second innings

I don't know who you'd make skipper instead - Mahmudullah? Or back to Shakib?
Old December 21, 2011, 06:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Wow, my respect for him as skipper was crushed in this series
Exactly this has happened to me, I am more than disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
I don't know who you'd make skipper instead - Mahmudullah? Or back to Shakib?
My choice is only Shakib, the rest options are all ordinary and same.
Old December 21, 2011, 05:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

New captain or not, you DEFO need a new keeper, his keeping sucks big time. And whose decision was it to play 3 seamers?
Old December 21, 2011, 05:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Mushy could discuss with Shakib regarding bowlers selection/field selection. Its a team game for God sake. No harm discussing with others specially when a man was in charge before. On the other hand, Shakib should come forward to give his advices to Mushy too.

Communication is a two way process. Better communication and co-ordination among players are missing here.
Old December 21, 2011, 06:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Mushy could discuss with Shakib regarding bowlers selection/field selection. Its a team game for God sake. No harm discussing with others specially when a man was in charge before. On the other hand, Shakib should come forward to give his advices to Mushy too.

Communication is a two way process. Better communication and co-ordination among players are missing here.
Shakib does that... I have seen him coming forward and talking to the bowlers... or sometimes Mushy is asking "moyna upore rakhbo" this sort of thing even during other bowlers spell. But of course Shakib won't be bossy and always come up with his idea, that might make mushy feel intimidated ...Mushy is given the charge and he takes his liberty in field placing and why Shakib will constantly come up with his advice, because if it backfires he will be the one to blame... It's hard to captain a team like BD...but still I would say Mushy is not making the right decision about his bowler changes..
Old December 21, 2011, 07:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Shakib does that... I have seen him coming forward and talking to the bowlers... or sometimes Mushy is asking "moyna upore rakhbo" this sort of thing even during other bowlers spell. But of course Shakib won't be bossy and always come up with his idea, that might make mushy feel intimidated ...Mushy is given the charge and he takes his liberty in field placing and why Shakib will constantly come up with his advice, because if it backfires he will be the one to blame... It's hard to captain a team like BD...but still I would say Mushy is not making the right decision about his bowler changes..
One or two rare occasions don't count. Moreover, when a bowler bowls, captain always asks what kind of field settings bowler would like to have. So, asking Moyna about fielding setting during his bowling is a obvious thing. But, have you watched how Younus khan was signaling bowlers what to bowl for every single delivery ? Younus was even showing the player who was at silly mid-on how to react of every shot and what should be his body balance. Now, that's what i want from every player, not only from Shakib.

To be frank, apart from Shakib, no players seem to have any idea about on going game. Haven't seen any players going to Mushy or Bowlers and talking to him.
Old December 22, 2011, 12:49 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
But, have you watched how Younus khan was signaling bowlers what to bowl for every single delivery ? Younus was even showing the player who was at silly mid-on how to react of every shot and what should be his body balance. Now, that's what i want from every player, not only from Shakib.

To be frank, apart from Shakib, no players seem to have any idea about on going game. Haven't seen any players going to Mushy or Bowlers and talking to him.
I disagree. We don't need 11 captains out there on the field just one sensible one is enough. Giving advice after every delivery and going into specifics is only going to muddle a bowler's thinking process and hinder his own development. Shakib of course being a great player that he is can come up and offer suggestions but you don't want to be yapping like Younis Khan at all. This is not school cricket its an international game, the bowlers should come up with the plan and captains may tweak it a little bit and try some improvisations here and there to get results.

The only questions mushy should be asking the bowlers is about what plans the bowler has for the batsman out there and what kind of field setting would assist that plan. If the bowler doesn't have a clue then that guy is simply not international material.
Old December 21, 2011, 06:49 AM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

I blame Iodine deficiency and lack of nutritions during childhood for this kind mental and physical retardation among most of the BD players.

Who on earth would play a shot like this in that situation?
What was there to gain? 6 runs?
what difference 6 runs would have made?
would we be able to beat Pakistan in this test?

There were only 2 realistic outcomes in this test. Pakistan win, or We fight hard to draw.
It looked to me all of a sudden he was playing a 10/10 overs match.
Not to mention his keeping, captaincy. Less we say better.

Time after time again we couldn't do even simple logical thinking because of this mental and physical retardation.
Old December 21, 2011, 07:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

what can you expect from a clown? He is a clown to watch...not to lead. Shahriar is good option.
Old December 21, 2011, 07:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun petr
what can you expect from a clown? He is a clown to watch...not to lead. Shahriar is good option.
He is the king of Sissyland. Let him be there and enjoy his free ride.
Old December 21, 2011, 07:48 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
He is the king of Sissyland. Let him be there and enjoy his free ride.
maybe he has a issue of poor technique. But what i like about him he always makes the right comment at the right place. May be it's not the only criteria but it's a big criteria as a captain. No one talked about his poor techniques when he made a comeback after icl. It depends on his mental approach. But on mushy's case i think he is some kind of guy who likes to share jokes or make fun all the time but not a captain material. He failed completely as a leader. After missing so many chances he was kinda shame to lead. That's where you loose the respect. After all those things it's hard to earn respect back. Who will respect a clown.
Old December 21, 2011, 07:28 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Any1 who gives his best

He is a small dynamite. he needs time to explode

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 21, 2011, 07:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

he needs to convert his 50s into 100s
Old December 21, 2011, 07:50 AM
Cricket Guru

he also needs to give up the gloves, i reckon if the selectors don't force him to give them up then he should do it voluntarily, surely he can't feel that he is an international standard keeper and he's been at it a few years now.
Old December 21, 2011, 07:52 AM
Cricket Guru

^ I wont be surprise if selectors pick Mushy as a batsman and select another wicketkeeper. That will give us a chance to increase batting depth. Jahirul/Mithun can be a good option.
Old December 21, 2011, 08:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
^ I wont be surprise if selectors pick Mushy as a batsman and select another wicketkeeper. That will give us a chance to increase batting depth. Jahirul/Mithun can be a good option.
dhiman is a much better choice, he's an international standard gloveman and he's performed with the bat really well the last few years. mithun isn't the greatest gloveman and has only just very recently scored alot of runs (dhiman has done it over a longer period of time). jahirul isn't the best keeper either and he and dhiman have a pretty similar FC record with the bat.
Old December 21, 2011, 08:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
dhiman is a much better choice, he's an international standard gloveman and he's performed with the bat really well the last few years. mithun isn't the greatest gloveman and has only just very recently scored alot of runs (dhiman has done it over a longer period of time). jahirul isn't the best keeper either and he and dhiman have a pretty similar FC record with the bat.
True. Dhiman is far better wicketkeeper than rest of them. Why has he been neglected for so many years after ICL dispute is beyond my understanding. All the ICL players (SN, Alok, Nazim) have had good chance in the National Team but somehow, Dhiman is neglected. Feel for him.
Old December 21, 2011, 07:53 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

its sad to see what started with so much hope(mushy in the WI t20) is in this condition now...oh well this is the story of every BD cricketer barring Shakib
Old December 21, 2011, 08:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

No idea why he played that shot today, half-way down the line the bat had its full face to the ball...the second half he angled the bat when it hit the ball. Not something usual to expect from a batsman/captain but hey ho...thats our team.