facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 28, 2012, 12:19 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
^How's Iktedar's cricket nowadays? His brother Iftekhar doesn't seem to be doing anything extraordinary for Barisal in the NCL.
Iktedar was a very promising player back in age group cricket, used to be a solid bat and a good leg-spinner, ended up being the highest wicket taker in an international U-15 tournament in WI comprising of 8 teams including WI and Pakistan. But due to academic commitments he couldn't give much time to cricket later on and got out of the radar unlike his other two brothers. And yeah you are right about Iftekhar, he couldn't do something outstanding despite playing first-class cricket for quite sometime now.

Old November 28, 2012, 12:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Phone number pailen kemne ar phone deyar por Shak kothao bollo? Maybe you guys had some introduction earlier on.
No I didn't call him, I got to talk with him via a friend. He is a very good friend to one of my friends and she let me talk with him over phone.
Old November 28, 2012, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Razi, let me ask you then, why are the two older Ahmed brothers such losers with the bat? At least Nafees has a Test century against Australia, but Iftekhar can't score against NCL bowlers if his life depended on it.

What's Nazeef up to these days? Still playing cricket?
Old November 28, 2012, 03:50 PM
Cricket Legend

^^ LOL, no idea bro, may be cricket is not their thing.

Iktedar is studying in Dhaka University now and as I said earlier he lost the plot due to studies and it is unlikely he'll get back to competitive cricket again.
Old November 28, 2012, 07:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

SHakib
Old February 1, 2013, 06:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I heard of a person who went to Las Vegas with Warner.
Old February 20, 2013, 09:00 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram Adam Gilcrist

I met
Brain Lara in London
Shahid Afridi in Dhaka
Sachin Tendulkar in Dhaka
Andew Flintoff in Manchester
Kamran Akmal in dhaka
Brad Hogg in Dhaka
Nayeen Islam in Dhaka

that is about it I guess
Old March 28, 2013, 11:29 PM
Banned

I had a stall in Sydney Baishakhi Mela 2004. Aminul Islam Bulbul came to my stall and I took a photo with him.

I met Durjoy on a flight from Bangkok to Melbourne. BD u-19 team was taking part in U-19 WC at that time. We talked about it.

In 2008 during South Africa's visit to Australia I had the opportunity to enter the dressing room of Aus team at SCG. unfortunately no one was there at that time as all the players were in the field but I met John Howard on the way back.
Old July 1, 2013, 07:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Missed my opportunity to meet Shakib in Sydney. Dammit !

Is Nazmul Hossain still in Sydney?
Old July 1, 2013, 11:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol

same here...and i still regret that..

Manjarul islam Manju was my cousins best friend from Jahangirnagar uni and he used to visit our place a lot before he played for the national team.. later on he got busy with his cricket and i dont have any contact with him anymore..

one of my mate used to drive cab and one day he picked an aussie guy from the Syd domestic airport. After they reached to the destination he asked for the fare and then realize it was Mcgrath. he was shocked for few second and end up having a mobile pic together..
Old July 2, 2013, 12:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Same he came to hut bazaar and was around for like the whole day at rockdale my uncle told me.. I was a street away from Shakib..does that count..
Old July 2, 2013, 02:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
one of my mate used to drive cab and one day he picked an aussie guy from the Syd domestic airport. After they reached to the destination he asked for the fare and then realize it was Mcgrath. he was shocked for few second and end up having a mobile pic together..
What a eerily similar story. My mate also drives cab picked up 3 people from a hotel in Sydney a long time ago at around 8pm. The 3 people wanted to go to the movies. During the ride he looked behind at them and realised that it was Graeme Smith, AB De Villiers and Mark Boucher. This was when South Africa toured Australia.

Their test match was the next day... ahaha.
Old July 2, 2013, 02:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
Same he came to hut bazaar and was around for like the whole day at rockdale my uncle told me.. I was a street away from Shakib..does that count..
How devastating !
Old July 2, 2013, 05:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Met Sean Ervine (2013)
Habibul Bashar (2012 & 2013)
Khaled Mashud (2013)
Watched a BPL match this year alongside Duronto Rajshahi team.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old July 2, 2013, 07:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

Well I have met Ashraful twice
I have also met Shakib, Shahadatapova, and Tamim all on the same day after the Lords Test Match against England at their Hotel. Tamim just seemed so miserable compared to the others and less reluctant to take a photo lol
Old July 2, 2013, 11:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

I am going back so many years.. I think the Indian team captained by Azharudin toured England in 1990. They were invited to dinner at the Indian Asst. High Commissiner's. We went as well and I remember sitting, albeit for a short while, on a sofa next to a very young Tendulkar while having sweets. When Kiran More, the team wicketkeeper came in I gave up my seat and he gave me such a beaming smile! In this test match Kapil Dev scored four successive sixes off the bowling of Nottinghamshire spinner Eddie Hemmings.
Old July 2, 2013, 05:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Watched a BPL match this year alongside Duronto Rajshahi team.
Haire bhai Shakib doesn't play for Duronto. Tumi tho Shakib e bhondu tik na? O tho Dhaka jonno kelto.
Old July 2, 2013, 05:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Ohh i almost forgot. Once the Bangladesh A team toured Australia and versued Australia A at the Donald Bradman Oval. It was about 8 years ago. Habibul Bashar and Abdur Razzak were all playing in that team and I talked to the players and took pictures. The field they played at was pretty much a park oval so you could pretty much mingle with any of the players anytime. It was nice meeting with the team.

Btw Bangladesh A got thrashed as per usual. The Australia A team were pretty strong as it consisted the likes of Mitchell Johnson and Stuart Clark.
Old November 11, 2013, 02:17 PM
Street Cricketer

I was lucky enough to meet the whole squad of Bangladeshi cricket team in New Zealand 2007–08. The Bengali community of Auckland organized a get together. It was superb.
Other than that I met Daniel Vettori in Auckland.
Old June 3, 2014, 03:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tam,Soum,Musy,Mustaf

i have met with Habibur Bashar sumon in 1999. he came to gave us some advice before our inter school cricket match at kushtia. i was lucky enough to bowl against him during the net session. later on he gave me his authograph. my sister and his son also studying in the same school, so i had an opportunity to speak to him several time.during the year of 2010, i have met with Hannan Sarkar at London Victoria park before a cricket match. I was so lucky to open with him during that match
Old June 3, 2014, 04:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazis2007
i have met with Habibur Bashar sumon in 1999. he came to gave us some advice before our inter school cricket match at kushtia. i was lucky enough to bowl against him during the net session. later on he gave me his authograph. my sister and his son also studying in the same school, so i had an opportunity to speak to him several time.during the year of 2010, i have met with Hannan Sarkar at London Victoria park before a cricket match. I was so lucky to open with him during that match
Kushtia huh? Do you know Imrul Kayes by any chance?

How is Hannan Sarkar doing nowadays? Does he live in London now or something?
Old June 3, 2014, 04:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

As on sat down and had a talk?

Bangladesh's heart throb: Feza.

Also had a good conversation with Umar Gul at Dubai Airport for 15 minutes. Just him and me.
Old June 3, 2014, 04:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tam,Soum,Musy,Mustaf

Quote:
Kushtia huh? Do you know Imrul Kayes by any chance?

How is Hannan Sarkar doing nowadays? Does he live in London now or something?
no idea bhai. i have left bd 2006 and also don't know about HS cz i am not playing cricket anymore.
sorry
Old June 4, 2014, 12:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

None, but I saw this guy outside the Chennai stadium before a test against the Aussies last year:

Old October 31, 2016, 07:57 AM
Cricket Legend

I bumped into Shakib in Melbourne in the ODI world cup in Aus. This was a day after the humiliating lost against SL. I went shopping in the city and i bumped into him at Myers.

Was a complete shock to say the least. He was a defs nice guy, took a photo with me etc. Didn't wanna take too much of his time cos he was with his wife.

During the warm up matches in the world cup i got a chance to pass a few words here and there with most of the Bangladeshi team cos the dug outs were so close to the fans.

The game against IRE i came super early to the game so i could properly talk with the players. The game started at 9am that day and it was a Monday so not many people were gonna show up. So i rocked up at around 7:30am to the game lmao.

I had a superb conversation with Heath Streak. Me and my friends talked to him for a while actually. Joked about him kinda looking KP and he joked back saying that's a huge insult because he is better looking than him. Was mad banter !

But in terms of a BD cricketer i had the longest chat with Soumya Sarkar. No one knew him back then because this is way before he went bizerk against the SA and PAK series.

Soumya had only played one ODI at that point in time which was against Zim. Came across as a real genuine and humble bloke. I became an instant fan of his then and there.

During BBL i had the privilege of sitting in the SCG members stand and basically all the cricketers mingle around that area. Besides the Sydney Sixers I was able to take a snap with Glenn Maxwell.

I know G-Man bumped into Atahar Ali Khan during the World Cup as well. Poor bloke wasn't a commentator then so he was a mere spectator like the rest of us haha.

side note the change rooms were just slightly visible from where the fans sat in the world cup practice matches so when the game was over a lot of people stayed back and i literally caught a glimpse of Taskin coming out of the shower with just a towel on. Never been more thrilled in my life wen i saw that hehe.