facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 15, 2005, 06:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Default What should be done with our Moral Booster ~Chacha~ ????

Guys,

Chacha happens to every1's fav. guy in the team. It sounds too silly whn Bashar says how every1's inspired by him whn he is in the team.

I know he is some what of a moral booster and that may be the reason whn he is knwo as the Fighter in BD cricket since a long time.

But, the time has come for Chacha to retire but now even if Chacah wana retire the some ppl in Bangldesh cricket dont want him to retire...

Earlier we saw that he retired but some of BCB officials told him not to retire and now our captain BASHAR also wants him no to retire..

My question is wht the hell should we do then??????

I feel the best thing would be to make him our team manager as every1 in the team says he is a moral booster and the bcb officials say he is fighter, from both the point of view, we can have him the best here only

Edited on, July 15, 2005, 11:09 AM GMT, by lance_klusner.

Edited on, July 15, 2005, 2:28 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: Removed text formatting

Edited on, July 15, 2005, 5:42 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: Title. Please use a modest title, thanks.

Edited on, July 16, 2005, 10:41 AM GMT, by lance_klusner.

Old July 15, 2005, 06:59 AM
Banned

ask chacha to stand in the MP election as he is so popular within bd players! his next 'success' lies in bd politics which is cloudier than muds.
Old July 15, 2005, 07:35 AM
Test Cricketer

who is chacha??
Old July 15, 2005, 07:52 AM
Banned

chacha is a friend of 'lousy commentator athar ali' and an ex captain of bd- veteran khaled mahmud.
Old July 15, 2005, 07:54 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

I thought about making him team manager, but then poor Latif will need to step aside without any reason.
Old July 15, 2005, 08:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by banglar_dorbesh
chacha is a friend of 'lousy commentator athar ali' .
thanks for the sarcastic enlightment..
Old July 15, 2005, 08:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by tiger_man
Quote:
Originally posted by banglar_dorbesh
chacha is a friend of 'lousy commentator athar ali' .
thanks for the sarcastic enlightment..
no offense. sorry for being cheeky.

Edited on, July 17, 2005, 5:47 PM GMT, by banglar_dorbesh.
Old July 15, 2005, 09:02 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

as many of us already said, make him the official cheer leader of the team.
Old July 15, 2005, 09:30 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by lance_klusner
Chacha happens to every1's fav. guy in the team. It sounds too silly whn Bashar says how every1's inspired by him whn he is in the team...
Interesting that even though Chacha is everyone's (payers) fav... he gets so much hatred from the fan's group.

I would not really cancell those Words from Bashar as 'silly'... and this is not the first time I am reading somewhere that Chacha is a real inspiring 'Team-Man'. Perhaps it's us fan's big lack of knowledge about the off-media and on-field and on-practice camp events that most of the times stops us from having a first-hand idea about Chacha or even Bashar as captain sometimes (Yes.. we may criticize him just by watching his on-field performances, but I have read in many places about how good a team co-ordinator Bashar is even mentioned by Whatmore in some places).

BTW... don't be so worried about him. Because this England tour has proved one thing, that Chacha won't play if he doesn't perform. Because Chacha taken for granted to be successful in the English conditions and yet he played in only 2 matches in the 6. So I don't think even if he is in the squad, he will play much.

But now I do feel that he really deserves to be with the team, maybe as a manager or something else... as he seems to have strong impact on the team's morale.

Edited on, July 15, 2005, 2:38 PM GMT, by Ahmed_B.
Old July 15, 2005, 09:36 AM

For all those BC fans who wants him to retire: let us start a fund raising. Buy a golden watch and an umbrella and send it to chacha as a symbolic gift.
Old July 15, 2005, 10:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubu
For all those BC fans who wants him to retire: let us start a fund raising. Buy a golden watch and an umbrella and send it to chacha as a symbolic gift.
i don't mind contributing for these items as long as they are made in BD. i can't afford to contribute for exotic items.
Old July 15, 2005, 11:02 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

i think chacha should play world cup 2007... good luck chacha
Old July 15, 2005, 11:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Using a full-time psychiatrist in the cricket team is established culture in world cricket now. There you go....Chacha could be the full-time psychiatrist for our national team.
Old July 15, 2005, 11:22 AM

banglar_dorbesh, not all bangladeshi made stuff are bad. specially when it comes to umbrella i think they are the best. sturdy, durable and made to suit the condition, even though does not look fancy.

but i see your point: we'll give speical order to "jinjira" to make a watch that will look like the pic below:

Edited on, July 15, 2005, 5:33 PM GMT, by Rubu.
Reason: image fixed
Old July 15, 2005, 11:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubu
banglar_dorbesh, not all bangladeshi made stuff are bad. specially when it comes to umbrella i think they are the best. sturdy, durable and made to suit the condition, even though does not look fancy.

but i see your point: we'll give speical order to "jinjira" to make a watch that will look like the pic below:

Edited on, July 15, 2005, 4:22 PM GMT, by Rubu.
can't see the pic
rubu,
could you also order a dog from Sorail (deshi kukur) as part of the 'retirement package' because there are so many chacha haters and he needs it for security purpose. i heard sorail dog is one of the best in the world.

Edited on, July 15, 2005, 5:26 PM GMT, by banglar_dorbesh.
Old July 15, 2005, 11:59 AM
Test Cricketer

May i know who voted him to be our next umprie and may i know why?

I actually simply put that option thinking no1 will vote on that but amazing seeing some want Chacha to be an umpire...guess not bad idea....wonder how Chacha will be as umpire...he looks funny to be whn he puts the cap and more over whn he puts that funny goggles while wearing the hat...
Old July 15, 2005, 12:27 PM
Test Cricketer

******AN OLD ARTICLE OF******
******The Daily Star*******

Committed to PEOPLE'S RIGHT TO KNOW

Vol. 4 Num 239 Mon. January 26, 2004

Sports

Mahmud urged to rethink
Sports Reporter

It was a touching scene at the Bangabandhu National Stadium yesterday when Khaled Mahmud walked on to the field to bid farewell to his teammates.
The gutsy cricketer, who surprised everybody by announcing his retirement from international cricket after being dropped from the Zimbabwe-bound Test squad on Saturday, took the centre stage of attraction during the final training session of the national team.

Clad in tight jeans and a blue shirt, the ever-smiling Mahmud received an emotional reception when everybody starting from new captain Habibul Bashar to the youngest member of the team Rajin Saleh came down to the former captain and requested him to revert his retirement decision.

Affectionately called Chacha by his teammates Mahmud however ruled out the possibility of reconsidering the decision.

"I took the decision after talking with my family and there is no chance to change my decision. But I'm really moved the way my teammates expressed their love for me today," said Mahmud.

The 32-year-old also brought his best pair of pads to present them to Alok Kapali, who was finding it difficult to holding back his tears.

Mahmud, who rejected the selectors' offer to continue his international career in the one-day version of the game, said that it was not an emotional decision rather a logical one.

"I don't want to stay on as a half player. But I can tell you one thing that I was not treated fairly," said a piqued Mahmud, who played 12 Tests and 53 one-day internationals.

But the soft-spoken Mahmud did not forget to wish all the luck to his successor Bashar. He however warned the top batsman of the country not to get intimidated with foreign influences while on the field.

"He (Bashar) should be allowed to dictate when on the field. Even when he wants to gamble, everybody should back him instead of imposing the decision on him," said Mahmud.

Bashar on the other hand termed his long-time partner as a great motivator and requested Mahmud to change his mind.

"Everybody loves him because of his personality. It was only because of him that I have got a disciplined team. I request him to change his decision," said Bashar.

Chief selector Faruque Ahmed, who deemed Mahmud not fit for the Test team, once again said that their decision to include him in the one-day was a wise move.

"I know him. He is a fighter. I believe he took the decision emotionally. He was not an obvious choice in the longer-version but he could still contribute greatly in the one-day matches," said the chef selector.

Whatmore on the other hand was not interested to be drawn into the matter since the Australian apparently didn't want Mahmud in the Test fold with whom the famed coach started his Bangladesh assignment.

"I respect his emotion. But I do not get involved into issues that came out in the newspapers today," said the 49-year-old.

[img]http://www.thedailystar.net/2004/01/26/2004-01-26__sports01.jpg[\img]

BUT HIS PADS WILL KEEP PLAYING: Khaled Mahmud presented this pair of pads to Alok Kapali when the retiring Bangladesh captain came to the Bangabandhu National Stadium to bid goodbye to his teammates yesterday.. PHOTO: Anisur Rahman

Edited on, July 16, 2005, 11:24 AM GMT, by lance_klusner.
Old July 15, 2005, 12:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

No woder alok has become so bad he's using Chacha's pads!

Old July 15, 2005, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by babubangla
Using a full-time psychiatrist in the cricket team is established culture in world cricket now. There you go....Chacha could be the full-time psychiatrist for our national team.
bd is struggling to pay dav whatmore's wages and you are creating a new vacancy!
if chacha wants to work for bd as 'pshychiatrist' or 'moral booster' or 'discipliner' or whatsoever, he must work voluntarily.
Old July 15, 2005, 01:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by babubangla
There you go....Chacha could be the full-time psychiatrist for our national team.
If Chacha wants to be a psychiatrist, he have to go to medical school first. And that will take approx. 10 more years before he can apply for the job. unless ChaCha have hawa Bhaban connetion... then all bets are off.
Old July 15, 2005, 02:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by cricman
No woder alok has become so bad he's using Chacha's pads!

Gud one cricman...

Chachar pad er chuan lagata kapali er batting e dosh namlo....
Old July 15, 2005, 02:40 PM
Test Cricketer

May be he can become our next fitness instructor.
Old July 15, 2005, 02:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I propose we provide red and green poms poms to Chacha so he can perform his duties of cheering for the men more effectively. Ideally would like to see Lakers girls with red and green. But that might distract the young kids. So, Chacha will do for now..
Old July 15, 2005, 03:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Chacha can be our text commentator.
Old July 16, 2005, 02:28 AM
Test Cricketer

On wht basis do ya say he can be our next commentator...

I wonder his smartness during commentating....