facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 10, 2018, 09:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

CONGRATSSSSSSSS !!!!!

Old June 10, 2018, 09:26 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Congrats! This is a big achievement.
Old June 10, 2018, 09:52 AM
Cricket Guru

I expect nothing less than an extravagant welcoming and rewards/gifts given that our men's team get for less than half the results.

Very happy for the women's team
Old June 10, 2018, 09:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
I expect nothing less than an extravagant welcoming and rewards/gifts given that our men's team get for less than half the results.

Very happy for the women's team

This is true. Which is why I don't believe in BD men's side is most hated etc. type of claims. Congrats to the BD women's team. Would have loved to see India win this. But, BD deserved this more due to their performance.
Old June 10, 2018, 10:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganesh
... Congrats to the BD women's team. Would have loved to see India win this. But, BD deserved this more due to their performance.
Thank you very dearly, Ganesh bhai.
Would like to say here (as I said before many a times), it was an absolutely great honor for our cricketers to play against such great players/cricketers/athletes of team India, like M. Raj, Harmanpreet Kaur, Poonam Yadav, Jhulan Goswami and Mandhana. India is one of best cricket teams (both men's and women's) in the world.
India had nothing to lose here, the Indian team played superbly. India won so many World cups in cricket. This one big win, first time ever a real cup means so much for us, Bangladesh. Imagine this can only improve and proliferate cricket among the girls/young women of Bangladesh, and not to mention among boys too.

The Bangladesh women's national team current head coach is Anju Jain, a former Indian women national cricket team player/wicket-keeper. Our heart-felt love and respect for our dear coach!
The team's Asst. Coach is Devika Palshikar and our team's physio is Anuja Dalvi Pandit - both are from India as well. It is a great day for our coaches and physio as the team that they guided, trained and nurtured, finally lifted the cup! This is a great day of success and achievement for our coaches.
Love, admiration and respect for cricket of India and her people in general.
Old June 10, 2018, 10:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

I am particularly happy for Bangladesh skipper Salma Khatun. She is one of the pioneers of women's cricket in BD. Salma Khatun is one of our original senior team members who is still playing regularly among this rather very young team. I am very glad that during her time of playing in the national team and while leading, she got to win this tournament. I do not know, but I think that her retirement may come one day, that may be sooner than we would like it to be.
Old June 10, 2018, 10:24 AM
First Class Cricketer

Even in India men cricketers are extremely pampered lot. Wish women get due encouragement, considering the fact that they are performing reasonably well. Some encouragement would do good. It is going unnoticed for most part.
Old June 10, 2018, 12:50 PM

Congrats Bangladesh!
Old June 11, 2018, 11:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin
BDFlag Champions

A big congratulations to our Women Cricket Team for winning Women's Asia Cup - 2018.

While the men's team loses to AFG by 3 - 0, our tigresses turn around drastically after losing to SL in the 1st match. They beat IND, PAK, THI and MAL to qualify for the final and beat 6 times winner IND again to become the new champions. I hope this is just the beginning of your great future.

Final Match Highlights:

1) India's captain Harmanpreet Kaur made 56 of 42 (exactly half of their total). She also got 2 wickets in 2 overs, one of them being the thrilling last over.

2) While IND was more like a 2-women show; BAN, on the contrary put a collective effort to chase down the total. Rumana Ahmed was the MoM for her all-round performance.

3) There were 2 major umpiring decisions in the match. One came in our favor whilst the other did not.

....3a) Indian batter Anuja Patil was given out for obstructing the field by the 3rd umpire when the soft signal was NOT OUT from field. She was at non-striking and ran more than half the pitch for a single. She saw the BAN keeper quickly picking the ball and throwing at her end and started running back covering the wicket clearly. The throw hit her body. To me, it was a right decision. The incident starts at 3:25.

....3b) Poonam Yadav, the loopy leggie, who got 4 wickets in 4 overs. bowled a clear no-ball full toss to Nigar Sultana at 15.2 overs. The catch was taken at mid-wicket. The 3rd umpire game it out as well (will remind you of the infamous no-ball against our men's team in the last WC). Amazingly, the commies justify it by saying a waist-high full-toss from a spinner is not threatening enough!!! (Never heard of such rule). BTW, Nigar was a set batsman by then. Watch it at 11:52.

4) The last over was truly a thrilling finish. BAN required 9 runs from 6 balls (same as our last match against AFG). BAN got 6 runs in first 3 balls, thanks to Rumana. Sanjida Islam got caught on mid-on (trying to be a hero like on many occasion our boys did). Rumama got run-out so callously on the fifth ball turning after the 1st run that you would want to bang on your head somewhere. On the final ball, BAN managed to take 2 runs and win the trophy. The final over starts at 13:11 (this will look like a carbon copy of all our men's team last over failed finish except the women came out successful).

The celebration was just natural, joyous - nothing pre-meditated, no nagin dance or anything like it - which I admire.
Old June 11, 2018, 11:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Congratulations. That was a very wonderful effort. Don't think any was expecting this at all. They have been doing really well in recent times. This victory will take them very far now. Good signs for what's to come in future.