facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 21, 2006, 01:24 AM
Test Cricketer

The word "talent" has been so screwed up with its association with the bangladesh team that i just wanna spit out the word from my vocabulary. What's talent? Rajin spending 6 hours at the batting crease, that's talent! Is Ashraful a "talent?" Yes! But he's a talent we can do without right now because as sunil gavaskar said, "talent is nothing without temperment." I don't want talented players in our team, I want talented players WITH temperment.

Old April 22, 2006, 06:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Bangladeshi version of talent:

1/2 bouncer, 1 muth pace, and 1 chimti swing - tarpor Ashraful tar bat diya ekta ghuta dilei apni "Bangladeshi talent" peye jaben.
Old April 22, 2006, 08:20 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

consistensy+ability= Tallent
Old May 10, 2006, 12:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Talent = ability to get yourself in the tabloids every two months

Old May 10, 2006, 03:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry
According to "BD Cricket dictionary'"Bd players can only understand the following words in specific interpretation:
tiger=pussey cat
talented= capable of playing a few fluke innings
consistent= capable of playing a few fluke innings in regular intervals.
motivation= win the match if there is 'car' to be won for man of the match
temperment= expert in secretion of excessive adrenalin hormones (3 times more than any other species).
skills= we are test playing country but we do not need to play bouncer. if you face in swinger, or straight ball use your pads. if you get out of lbw, its all umpire's fault.

(i posted this last year in one of my thread but could not resist posting it again.apology to the people who already had read it. it should be noted that my view is little bit more optimistic than last year)
Mine is not really a reply to Sorry's posting but I am quoting it only because I loved the thorny sarcasm and I am glad that he decided to re-post it here again since I didn't have the pleasure of coming across it when he posted the first time!
Now as for my opinion on talent, I believe, it is about the gifted ability inherited by a person naturally. Though in rare occasion, Ash did show that he had the ability to handle well a variety of bowling from Murali to Harmison with great ease when he had only but a very few years into cricket and that’s what indicates the fact that he had the talent to be a good batsman! Certainly Aftab has the ability to do the same and so does Bashar (to different extent though), and I don't want to talk or compare here about who doesn't! However, the talent is wasted if someone doesn't groom it in the right direction! There is also another thing, a talent is acknowledged only in some early young ages, with some 7/8 years into cricket or the player exceeding 30 years of age, no one talks about the talent anymore but judges a player(batsman ) only by looking at what he has delivered (his record of runs)!!
Zaheed