facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should BCB keep Whatmore if he does not get the India job ?
Yes 24 40.00%
No 29 48.33%
Ask me again after the WC 7 11.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 6, 2007, 03:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar2005
As a project manager in an organization, the toughest challenge I always face is the people management in changes. This is a commong part of organizational behavior that people are reluctant to changes. I am glad to see here that BCs are very change savy and I'm sure to implement or to manage any changes here in BC should be much more easier than any organization

To an extent, I would agree that 4 years is a long time and probably we have squeezed enough juices from our coach and we perhaps should look for a new orange. But I'm not in the bunch of those people who want to through away Dev after all his contribution to our team. He definitely deserves a proper farewell for taking us to a new standard. We have to remember that he is a professional coach and coaching cricket is his job. If he finds a better offer, I don't see anything wrong to show interest to it.

I have a question to all BCs? Tell me honestly what you would do if you get a better job offer than your current possition??
I think no one is saying that he should be throwaway or something. he deserves a farewell if he leaves. but the question is the way he did it. Yes I would certainly will try to see if i can get such a good offer. but i wouldn't say that in front of my boss during a big project, twice!!!.
I mean yeah boss would look away if it was the first time but second time in the row for the same job it clearly shows i am here cause i have no better job offer. so tell me if you r my boss what would you do? I think if i am in the bosses position i would analyze how much we need the employee and whether we can get another employee as good as that one.
I think i would rather have a employee who is happy with job which means he will try to find new things from his position instead of doing the things right.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled

Old April 6, 2007, 04:00 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
My apology. I made that comment in a jest.
No problem bro.

Mixed reaction from the fans, lot better than I anticipated.
Old April 6, 2007, 04:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakirc
You have seriously mixed up issues here buddy.

The girl issue is an issue of heart, Dav is a professional issue from reality.

Besides, how did u even picture Dav as the Girl??

That was just an analogy. I did not picture or imagine dav as a girl. I think it was pretty close to the situation we have with dav but you are entitled to your opinion.
Old April 6, 2007, 05:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I have a question to all BCs? Tell me honestly what you would do if you get a better job offer than your current possition??
Anyone would move to the better job.

But remember, in DW's case there is no job offer.
There is an "Employee Wanted" notice and there is a job application (by Dav).

The issue is not the job application or the opportunity. Anyone is entitled to go after any opportunity.

The issue is making that job application a public spectacle that affects the current job responsiblities. The issue is ethics.
Old April 6, 2007, 05:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
.....Yes I would certainly will try to see if i can get such a good offer. but i wouldn't say that in front of my boss during a big project, twice!!!.
I mean yeah boss would look away if it was the first time but second time in the row for the same job it clearly shows i am here cause i have no better job offer. so tell me if you r my boss what would you do? I think if i am in the bosses position i would analyze how much we need the employee and whether we can get another employee as good as that one...........
as good as that one or even better.

It definitely depends from person to person, org to org, culture to culture. In my way of looking, I would really appreciate his contribution so far and help him to get a better job unless I can provide him with the same facilities. After all, at the job he gave 100% and I know he can be a help for me anytime in future (if I badly need him). It's common for everyone that you are here because you don't have a better job offer, but the question important to me is if you are delivering your 100% or not in the contractual period. As a boss, if I see you are not at your 100%, I don't think you can bring any good for me and my team. But if you are giving your 100% and delivering the bottom line, I don't care if the reason for you to be here is that you did not get a better option.

If you want me, pay my value, if you don't want - someone else is ready to pay my value. Commitment and burgaining are connected to the contract for a professional. If there is no contract, there is no commitment and there is no scope of burgaining. So, why should not I try to increase my market value??
Old April 6, 2007, 06:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
Anyone would move to the better job.

But remember, in DW's case there is no job offer.
There is an "Employee Wanted" notice and there is a job application (by Dav).

The issue is not the job application or the opportunity. Anyone is entitled to go after any opportunity.

The issue is making that job application a public spectacle that affects the current job responsiblities. The issue is ethics.
If the employee wanted notice is by a multinational company, what do you think a local private company employee will do? As far as ethics is concern, you can not blame someone just for showing interest as long as he is giving 100% effort and time on this current assingment based on current contract. Hang him if there was any neglegency!
Old April 6, 2007, 07:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
If the employee wanted notice is by a multinational company, what do you think a local private company employee will do?

Common sar2005 bhai we are not a local private company, really feel bad when you compare us like that. In any way, I still agree with Sauron bhai unless you are given the offer(be it multiational, super multinational whatever) you just cant go around publicly and say I want the job, Do it privately if you really want. It would only be a embarassment if that company does nt even interview you, forget about the job offer. Now if you are the owner of that same private company (i dont want to use this analogy, but still borrowing it from you) do you think that you should still keep that person? Is that private company so useless that it cant even find a replacement?? Think what the rest of the world will think about that private company!
Old April 6, 2007, 11:17 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
Exactly.
Old April 7, 2007, 01:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocha
Common sar2005 bhai we are not a local private company, really feel bad when you compare us like that. In any way, I still agree with Sauron bhai unless you are given the offer(be it multiational, super multinational whatever) you just cant go around publicly and say I want the job, Do it privately if you really want. It would only be a embarassment if that company does nt even interview you, forget about the job offer. Now if you are the owner of that same private company (i dont want to use this analogy, but still borrowing it from you) do you think that you should still keep that person? Is that private company so useless that it cant even find a replacement?? Think what the rest of the world will think about that private company!
Unfortunately it does not happen silently at this level. It was wise for him to express interest in a interview than sending an application. Off course, application wasnot invited.

His job can't be compared to a multinational and specially to the employee boss relationship there. Still if an employee is likely to finish contract in 1 month, would be able to look for new job openly.

A coach at this level will abide by the contracts, will never tolerate bossing, if BCB starts bossing for something which is not a violation of his contract, believe me, it will be difficult for BCB to find respectable coaches in future. Will have to land up with 'Mahindar Amarnath' type materials. Who will behave like an employee and deliver sh..t.

DW is professional enough to show his interest for a new job at the same time do his current assignment professionally. That he has proven. Lets not make it a issue at all. This is normal.
Old April 7, 2007, 03:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

We Should Keep Him.
Old April 7, 2007, 04:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

I still stick to my stance. Give him the farewell he deserves but Whatmore has to go.
Old April 7, 2007, 05:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Ma'n! Looks like you gotta open a new poll on this after every match BD plays.
Now get back to my previous posts, is BD ready to pay more than India to keep him? Or they should look for a new employee with the same budget??
Old April 10, 2007, 03:14 AM
Cricket Legend

India still on Dav Whatmore's radar

Quote:
If there was one man who was interested in Shastri's appointment as he was in the events at Guyana, it was Bangladesh coach Dav Whatmore. He had expressed interest in taking up the job of Indian coach in an interview with TOI after Greg Chappell decided not to seek an extension. Whatmore's own contract with Bangladesh ends with the upcoming India series.

"I read a bit about it, but haven't really managed to get all the details," Whatmore admitted to TOI from Barbados on Sunday. However, the Colombo-born coach did sound interested in knowing more about the new appointments.

"How long are these appointments for?" he enquired. Whatmore's interest in the Indian job had not gone down well with Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) who even called for an emergency meeting to discuss the issue.

Is he 'disappointed' that his comments were not well received? "No, I am not," said the plain-talking Whatmore. With the Indian appointments being made purely for the Bangladesh tour in May, Whatmore would still be in the picture for a role across the border.

However he is not willing to say anything on the matter. "Look, I am not going to be talking about it anymore. Both you and I know that the answer is pretty obvious."
Old April 10, 2007, 03:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Keep Whatmore or get Steve Waugh, Richard McInnes or even Greg Chappel.

The important coaches are the under age teams.