facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 1, 2007, 07:55 PM
Club Cricketer

This thread is starting to get really ironic! more so because of the part from my original post provided below
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawaGuy
....that even the simplest goodwill gestures are agressively fought against and made a mockery out of that involves group harrassment and personally directed offensives toward individual members(Ironically, often toward members who have a reputation to uphold and/or significant contributions to the site....
Part of this stood for the mass miraj bashing that took place when the bashar bashing trend had started to decline! Since demoralizing Bashar wasn't enough to settle the anger- the passionate crowd underwent direct offensives on the bashar supporters. Such was the level of intimidation that the editors latest articles can be considered biased AGAINST Bashar!

Old June 1, 2007, 08:01 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
This thread is starting to get really ironic! more so because of the part from my original post provided below

Part of this stood for the mass miraj bashing that took place when the bashar bashing trend had started to decline! Since demoralizing Bashar wasn't enough to settle the anger- the passionate crowd underwent direct offensives on the bashar supporters. Such was the level of intimidation that the editors latest articles can be considered biased AGAINST Bashar!
Miraz's article on the HB's decision to bowl (if that is one that you mean here) was written on/after the second day of the Test and preceded the tribute thread.

No comment to make (at least, openly !) on the opinion that you have expressed, though.
Old June 1, 2007, 08:02 PM
Club Cricketer

Agreed ammark!
Old June 1, 2007, 08:04 PM
Club Cricketer

Tintin, miraj bashing dates back before the tribute thread. Awaiting confirmation from the man himself!
Old June 1, 2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin
Miraz's article on the HB's decision to bowl (if that is one that you mean here) was written on/after the second day of the Test and preceded the tribute thread.

No comment to make (at least, openly !) on the opinion that you have expressed, though.
Tintin, this http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=20182 thread is the background for some of the brouhaha

Last edited by ammark; June 2, 2007 at 03:44 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old June 1, 2007, 10:48 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Tintin, this http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=20182 thread is the background for some of the bruhaha
Nice dig! That thread, especially the title is a classic by Miraz bhai.
Old June 1, 2007, 11:01 PM
Administrator

A comment here.

Nothing published on BC as article or column should be construed to reflect BC's opinion and nothing should be construed as an OP-ED piece. The "title" BC Editor may be a red-herring because the title is used to explain the role played by that particular volunteer in editing article and column submissions.

Bulletins are to be factual renditions of events as they occur and that particular case highlighted was an one off outlier that will not recur.

Any comments form BC Volunteers (also known as staffs) et al regarding cricket, cricketers and intelligent design are solely their own views and should never be considered official views of BC.
Old June 1, 2007, 11:24 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Any comments form BC Volunteers (also known as staffs) et al regarding cricket, cricketers and intelligent design are solely their own views and should never be considered official views of BC.
You are damn good at choosing just the right word(s)
Old June 1, 2007, 11:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid

This is exactly how I interpret the whole situation and have done so since the beginnning. Fans can have difference of opinion and I take articles or bulletins written by individuals as their opinion or their perspective on the issue. I did not agree with Miraz bhai's stance about Bashar earlier but I do not think I raised any bruhaha about this because that was his opinion and mine was different than his just like many others. You cannot separate a person from his own perspective and every individual's writing is bound to reflect to some extent what he or she thinks about the issue no matter how hard they try to project otherwise. It is not a crime but just an intrinsic human nature.
Old June 1, 2007, 11:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Btw, since I have posted on this thread I might as well put my two cents on the thread topic itself. Personally I do not agree at all with the first post made by Ottawa guy in this thread. If everyone was intellectually at a similar level then the world and in this case the forum would be a very monotonous place to be. HOwever I do agree that there needs to be a limit to the level of idiotic threads we see and for that I think the moderators need to be open minded and enforce fairly strictly but not to the point of being anal.
Old June 2, 2007, 12:20 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

I think we all need to take a chill pill here.
We are all humans after all...arent we??

Things are being said a lots of time, but not really meant.
Expression of frustation, prejudice and bigotry were made, but not with sincerity.

Yes, the grade of BC is fluctuating a lot lately, but isnt it all part of growing up?
A year or so ago, we used to have only a handful number of regular posters and hence the variety was less as well.
Like BD cricket, BC has grown immensely over the time and its only natural that more and more views, opinions and thoughts are to be input here.
Whether we like it or not is a personal choice.

There is not a single player in the BD camp who has not been elated to the cloud no 9 only to be dropped hard and fast on his bottom.
Hec even Mashrafee was once subjected of bribe issue by one of our members.
Now he surely didnt mean it..did he?? it was a mere frustation.
( Zim incident last year).
But now, He is the Man of the Moment.

Let us see the brighter side of life and everything.
Let us be positive.
Lets hope for the best and carry on.
Shall we?
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 2, 2007, 02:31 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Thanks ammark, nicely put.

Have to somehow agree with ottowaguy, Regardless of what I post, few members (2-3 to be exact) prefer attacking me personally. Anyway, that's their personal choice.

As ammark pointed out, the pro-Bashar bulletin during the mid stage of World Cup is the only one (out of about 70) published by me. At that point the message of the bulletin was to condemn effigy burning and support the captain of Bangladesh team in the middle of a crucial tournament. NOT the person Bashar.

Zunaid bhai already clarified " Bulletins are to be factual renditions of events as they occur", they are not opinion pieces.

Recently I have published two opinion pieces " When whim dominates common sense " and " Ray of Light: Bangladesh cricket at the crossroads: change of vision required to raise the bar ", where I conveyed my thoughts about Bashar, his decision making and the direction to move on.

There is nothing to be blind, but blind people see everything same. It will be better if they stay away from Chewbacca defense, if they can't, nothing really changes.

Last edited by Miraz; June 2, 2007 at 02:59 AM..
Old June 2, 2007, 11:38 PM
Club Cricketer

In reply to sydniy & layprson, I quote myself
Quote:
... Accuse me of being too serious but this is a reality check that things are starting to get out of hand. Banglacricket wouldn't have any spirit if it weren't for the sort of threads I'm protesting against. But its about time that people just ...gave it a rest.
Credit goes to the mods for doing a great job enforcing rules whilest not being anal but as amark suggested- it is not easy moderating the 500 or so members at BC. Best way to deal with it: raising awareness within the members themselves. That is what has been the point to this thread(my appologies if it seems pointless to you). I appologize once more as this thread does not hold much relevance to Bangladesh Cricket but I figured it deserves the exposure.

Last edited by ottawaGuy; June 3, 2007 at 12:05 AM.. Reason: overwhelming profanity content in original comment
Old June 3, 2007, 02:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

observing a nice debate.....
Old June 4, 2007, 06:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

its not that we are just criticizing, we have praised every good effort of bashar in the past. same goes for ash, mash and golla