facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 22, 2008, 11:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

i am sorry to be rude...
but it's pure childish clueless babbles...

1. mushfiqur rahim - is who we have, bats well, keeps well and yes he can and needs to be better at his keeping just like he needs to constantly improve his batting. he dropped catches? evrybody does and did! mushfiqur's height is a problem for both his keeping and batting? jeff dujon and anil dalpat were not very tall either.

2. khaled mashud pilot - he is retired and resting. very well served but didn't he make any mistakes that cost the tigers something? pilot had great time doing a lot of saving and fighting for the tigers and then again he also flopped again and again here and there...it's life and we are just mere humans. what pilot is doing right now and for a while in rajshahi, working hard to establish the rajshahi cricket academy - that is probably the MOST IMPORTANT work anyone ever done for the development of BD cricket! salute to him, man, if i din't have a family and financial obligation, i would go join him and volunteer for the rajshahi cricket academy and just do admin./public relation kind of work! he is the greatest in my book because of that and all my respect for him will be there till i die!

3. dhiman ghosh - young and very telented and skilled wk! hard hitting batsman as well. but again, didn't he ever fail and let the tigers down during his short time with the BD national? we all can travel back to memory and dig up records and count and see! nothing's wrong with his attitude at this moment regarding what he says about the national team. it's just my feeling that poor dhiman always felt a bit of an outcast in the team! he sat by himself a lot while game went on, probably felt threatened, lonely or insecured. i feel bad for him, maybe he has a little bit social skill blockage like a lot of us humans do.
i hope and wish all the best to dhiman and i hope the ban will be lifted he will come back to the BD national team someday..Inshallah!

4. shahagir hossain, mithun ali and the others are there and someday when we need them Inshallah, they will play for BD!

Old October 22, 2008, 12:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

what is a "gud" keeper?

I know in Kolkata there is a word "gud" but in that context what exactly "gud" keeper means? And why do we need that for cricket?
Old October 22, 2008, 12:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
i am sorry to be rude...
but it's pure childish clueless babbles...

1. mushfiqur rahim - is who we have, bats well, keeps well and yes he can and needs to be better at his keeping just like he needs to constantly improve his batting. he dropped catches? evrybody does and did! mushfiqur's height is a problem for both his keeping and batting? jeff dujon and anil dalpat were not very tall either.

2. khaled mashud pilot - he is retired and resting. very well served but didn't he make any mistakes that cost the tigers something? pilot had great time doing a lot of saving and fighting for the tigers and then again he also flopped again and again here and there...it's life and we are just mere humans. what pilot is doing right now and for a while in rajshahi, working hard to establish the rajshahi cricket academy - that is probably the MOST IMPORTANT work anyone ever done for the development of BD cricket! salute to him, man, if i din't have a family and financial obligation, i would go join him and volunteer for the rajshahi cricket academy and just do admin./public relation kind of work! he is the greatest in my book because of that and all my respect for him will be there till i die!

3. dhiman ghosh - young and very telented and skilled wk! hard hitting batsman as well. but again, didn't he ever fail and let the tigers down during his short time with the BD national? we all can travel back to memory and dig up records and count and see! nothing's wrong with his attitude at this moment regarding what he says about the national team. it's just my feeling that poor dhiman always felt a bit of an outcast in the team! he sat by himself a lot while game went on, probably felt threatened, lonely or insecured. i feel bad for him, maybe he has a little bit social skill blockage like a lot of us humans do.
i hope and wish all the best to dhiman and i hope the ban will be lifted he will come back to the BD national team someday..Inshallah!

4. shahagir hossain, mithun ali and the others are there and someday when we need them Inshallah, they will play for BD!
I am 100% in agreement with you about Pilot. My salute to Pilot. I never knew he is setting up Rajshahi Cricket Academy. Wonderful. I wish I can join him like you aspired.

I disagree with you about Dhiman. The way he talked after ICL incident was not nice. You can do what ever you want to do but for that you dont have to lie. He said he has family obligation. That was a sheer lie. Beside I dont want to deal with someone who got so much from BD and sounded like he did not get any thing. So, to him.
Old October 22, 2008, 12:38 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Tokai, mate, this is a G-rated forum. Lol!
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 22, 2008, 12:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zia
I am 100% in agreement with you about Pilot. My salute to Pilot. I never knew he is setting up Rajshahi Cricket Academy. Wonderful. I wish I can join him like you aspired.

I disagree with you about Dhiman. The way he talked after ICL incident was not nice. You can do what ever you want to do but for that you dont have to lie. He said he has family obligation. That was a sheer lie. Beside I dont want to deal with someone who got so much from BD and sounded like he did not get any thing. So, to him.
zia bhai, i totally agree with you on the malicious and whining statements that dhiman and mosharraf rubel gave to the media after joining the ICL. that statement given by dhiman that he has done enough for BD all that crap was one of the most disturbing things that came out of the BD/ICL news in my book. i mean how old are you, dhiman? and what have you done that is so sky high? he definitely pissed me off severely by saying that and i believe that he basicly set fire to his own funural pire in regards to ever being considered to play for BD even if BCB takes the ban off after a while! you are right, maybe he doesn't need to be playing for BD! i was saying all those things about each and everyone of them in light of my honest and simple observation. i wish the man well and good luck and good bye to him!
we just have to wish for the best for mushy right now as it is BD that matters the most to all of us!
Old October 22, 2008, 01:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

hmmm, dump Pilot for no reason and after 2 years he is compelled to retire, then force Dhiman leave for ICL and ultimately it shows like Mushfiq is an automatic choice.

Pilot was dumped for Rahim in the first place, Rahim never did anything to be backed as a keeper in the first place. He was drafted in from nowhere. The way the BCB has backed Rahim so far, I wonder what the selectors did see in him.

It is also not true that Rahim has no replacement. At least Saghir is a better keeper and a handy batsman. If Rahim is a batsman of high calibre, he can stay in the team as a batsman alone.
Old October 22, 2008, 04:36 PM
Banned

Players like Dhiman should never be allowed back in the team. Bangladesh spent a great many resources to build him up. He has close to zero international credential to back up his claim of good wicketkeeping or batting. He used us to sell himself to ICL. He bad mouthed Bangladesh more steadily than others. He bad mouthed BCB at the Zia Int'l airport while leaving for India. He did the same after reaching India. Even his seniors, such as senior traitor Alok, were not as harsh as him.

It is so refreshing to see Mushfiq behind the stumps. Throughout the match, he is a big pat-on-the-back for the rest of the players. He constantly tries to keep them focused. He reminds them of the game strategy. As for batting, I remember him playing completely cluless against Sri lankan spinners 2 years ago. He has come a long way. He already has world beating innings under his belt that any 10K batsman in the world would be proud of. All this, and he just turned 20 !

I say, we stick with him. Have the likes Pilot and Kaluitharana guide him through and make him the best wicket keeper batsman in the world.
Old October 22, 2008, 05:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
Players like Dhiman should never be allowed back in the team. Bangladesh spent a great many resources to build him up. He has close to zero international credential to back up his claim of good wicketkeeping or batting. He used us to sell himself to ICL. He bad mouthed Bangladesh more steadily than others. He bad mouthed BCB at the Zia Int'l airport while leaving for India. He did the same after reaching India. Even his seniors, such as senior traitor Alok, were not as harsh as him.
It is so refreshing to see Mushfiq behind the stumps. Throughout the match, he is a big pat-on-the-back for the rest of the players. He constantly tries to keep them focused. He reminds them of the game strategy. As for batting, I remember him playing completely cluless against Sri lankan spinners 2 years ago. He has come a long way. He already has world beating innings under his belt that any 10K batsman in the world would be proud of. All this, and he just turned 20 !
I say, we stick with him. Have the likes Pilot and Kaluitharana guide him through and make him the best wicket keeper batsman in the world.
billah bhai, i totally agree with you as i am remembering all those nightmare stuff i forced myself to forget. and again agree with zia bhai totally!
i am also beginning to believe and see through the opeque film that dhiman was just a big hype than what he really is! blank and hollow...forget it guys!
best of luck to our mushy!
Old October 22, 2008, 05:14 PM
Cricket Sage

... funny how our current mood over-shadow our own judgement.

He was a good young wicket keeper before... but now that we are mad at him .. and suddenly is he is a no good player.

He may be a "no good" for our team, but that doesn't make it a bad wicket keeper all in a sudden.

btw I was ... and I am a Rahim fan .... and after last TEST, I guess nobody is saying to replace Rahim in short term.
Old October 22, 2008, 05:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Spot on Billah bhai and Javed bhai. A traitor is always a traitor.
Old October 22, 2008, 05:26 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

how old is pilot, is he 45+?
how old is dhiman?----may be 30
what abt mushy?---- 28

Bd's age is a mystery. cant believe their age stats. nobody in the team is below 25, th what i think.
Old October 22, 2008, 05:29 PM
Banned

we dont have any other choice atm besides mushy. so shut ur mouth and stick with mushy. otherwise he will join ICL and we have to draft sahagr hossain pavel
Old October 22, 2008, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
how old is pilot, is he 45+?
how old is dhiman?----may be 30
what abt mushy?---- 28

Bd's age is a mystery. cant believe their age stats. nobody in the team is below 25, th what i think.
I'm sorry, but your lack of knowledge of Bangladesh cricket and also about human aging disqualifies you from any age related conversation. In the least, get new glasses, real big, fat ones. Quick.
Old October 22, 2008, 06:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

Out of those traitors; Alok and Dhiman are the last two I ever want to see back in our team. theya re the ones that has been constantly badmouthing our team and their former colleagues. Only one I'm ready to forgive (Other tahn Rafique bhai, who has retired) is Aftab as he seems to be too dumb and naieve to understand what he has done.
Dhiman is a traitor.
Piloet has retired.
I have moved on...GO MUSHY!
Quote:
I'm sorry, but your lack of knowledge of Bangladesh cricket and also about human aging disqualifies you from any age related conversation. In the least, get new glasses, real big, fat ones. Quick.
hahahahaha...
Old October 22, 2008, 06:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I also miss Dhiman.

Purely based on wicketkeeping, he is much better than Rahim.

Even though I like Rahim, and his batting is a plus, I am afraid he will never be "better than an average" wicketkeeper.
Other than this being an assumption of yours, there is no statistical proof of this.
Old October 22, 2008, 08:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
thanks for showing your anger, highly appreciate that.

anyway, it was a joke and u can say sarcastic way, i said. but u cant deny, (banglay boli jate bideshira bujhte na pare, amra boyos churi kori big time)

mushfiq is 20 years and 52days till today
masud is-------32 years and 258 days
dhiman is------20 years and 335 days

due to age problem, pilot is out for last 2 years and not under future consideration. so in my opinion, he must be much older than 32 that our selectors know better than us and thats why they didnt consider him. Otherwise, his keeping is best in asia and his batting form is best in his whole career and why still he will be out and forced to retire?
Old October 22, 2008, 09:03 PM
Banned

look at latest NZ team: most guys are new and ready to rock for next few years

grant elliott---29 years and 201 days
gareth hopkins--31 years and 319 days
jamie how-- 27 years and 142 days
mculum--27 years
kyle mills- 29 years and 207 days
ian O brien--32 years and 90 days
jacob oram--30 years
jeetan patel--29 yrs
aron redmond-- 29 yrs
chris martin--33 years
mark gillespie--29 years

Their age is right and thats why they dont consider them old and most guys have their debut at 26 and up. now I have seriously doubt about Bd players age.
Old October 22, 2008, 09:05 PM
Banned

i am a biggest fan of pilot in the test matches but he is past now. give some time to mushfiq, his test batting is up to mark, no doubt. his keeping should be improved. thats it. He is still learning, so no complain
Old October 23, 2008, 03:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
due to age problem, pilot is out for last 2 years and not under future consideration.
You make my day! Pilot is out due to age problem!!
Old October 23, 2008, 09:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Why are we blaming Mushy for the loss? He played exceptionally well. He was one of the reasons that we could even hoped for the miracle on the fifth day (or playing on the fifth day for that matter). It was our AshraFool that caused our downfall. Consider this. He score two runs total. What did drive him to bowl in the second innings and leak out 24 runs? On top of that he missed a dolly catch which costed us another 6 runs. These 30 runs could easily have been enough for a spectacular finish on our favour. NZ had no batsmen left and were not scoring agianst our regular spinners. Would Kiron More please take him? Can we start a petition drive?
Old October 23, 2008, 01:38 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: sakib

ashole mushy k kono dosh dewa hosse na
or upor dosh guli pore jasse
fotullah test ei Ponting er catch ta dhorte parle jemon bd jitto emon bola hoisilo
temon ei eibar Vettorir catch ta mushfiq miss na korle hoito bd jittto
tai abeger karone dosh guli musfiq er upor ei porteseeee
coz catch miss or ovvash ei porinito hoise

tobe shob cheye boro kotha holo
amarder ekjon valo keeper dorkar
Old October 23, 2008, 01:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
You make my day! Pilot is out due to age problem!!

ok expert, then what is the reason?
Old October 23, 2008, 01:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Other than this being an assumption of yours, there is no statistical proof of this.
rightly ... or wrongly... its based on my own observation by watching some games and reading game reports. And we are here to express our own opinion. And if you follow the old threads, there were quite a few threads (of past) where other fan's also had the same opinion.
Old October 23, 2008, 06:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
ok expert, then what is the reason?
That's your duty, mate. Did you get some secret message from the selectors saying Pilot was dropped because of his age?

I do not see any justification why Pilot was dropped from the World Cup team.

1)Regarding fitness, he is one of the better players that BD has ever had. You can look back to the records nad see how many matches he did miss because of injuries or other physical problems.

2) No one questions about his wicket-kepping.

3) His batting stats in the 2 or 3 years before the world cup were better than most of the top order batsmen, even though he used to bat at 8 or 7 and had to score bulk of those runs against the better opponents. For Kenya or Zim, most often Pilot was not needed to contribute with the bat.

Now you tell me, why he was dropped? See, an injustice is done to him and to hide that you do not need to create fictions.
Old October 23, 2008, 07:52 PM
Banned

lol, i think we both agree that he should not be dropped and we r arguing for the same reasons, lol, no problem.

his keeping was best and he is best in his batting form. so why he dropped? i think our selectors think he is too old. either his real age is more than 32 or our selector think 32 is way too old for national team