facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old May 6, 2009, 04:38 AM
Sovik's Avatar
Sovik Sovik is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 17, 2005
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara
Posts: 9,241

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateCut
Hypothetically, say some one has joined Bangladesh Army and then decide to dissert. Then decide to do some mercenary work for some North African group who makes their money in the high seas. Do you think Bangladesh Army should take them back when they are all done because the group has fallen into financial hardship? No way! They will be and should be court marshaled the minute they step into the country. This band should not receive no better treatment. I am no fan of ICLor BCCI. But you have to abide by the agreement you have signed.
i don't think its the same thing.
__________________
All I know about boxing is never bet on the white guy. - Frank Drebin
Reply With Quote

  #52  
Old May 6, 2009, 11:26 AM
Catskills Catskills is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 10, 2009
Posts: 438

Don't fall for the politics of BCCI. Don't believe what they want you to believe. The whole notion of anti patriotism was created by BCCI; they made it so taboo, because they didn't want ICL to succeed and BCCI is a very powerful member of ICC. What is so big deal if BCCI accepts ICL? Lets talk about it instead. Our poor players joined ICL because they saw financial future in ICL or didn't see financial future under BCB. They have to see their own lives and future- what is so wrong about it? Many of us were primarily educated in Bangladesh in public schools/universities, but currently living overseas- no contribution to Bangladesh economy- should we call ourselves traitors? Ok, we are not stars but who defines who is a star? Habibul Bashar and Rafique retired and joined ICL-what's wrong with that? SN, Kapali and others were not doing well in international crickets, so in their mind, they felt less welcoming, their judgments were to join ICL and at least make some money- what's wrong with that? Has our team really become weaken because of their joining in ICL? Put it this way, at least they are bringing some foreign currencies in Bangladesh. If there are more crickets like ICL/IPL, more players would be motivated to play crickets and we will produce better crickets. Lets talk about why BCCI should accept ICL instead, and lets talk about how other countries can create something like that.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old May 6, 2009, 11:52 AM
auntu's Avatar
auntu auntu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 7, 2007
Location: elsewhere
Favorite Player: ZAR
Posts: 9,883

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Auntu da,
Apni kintu amake ekshomoy tumi kore bolten, tokhon monta aro furoot furoot korto profullo chitte, doya kore apne amake abar tumi kore bolen, ei apne bullshit die ebhabe amake dure shorie dien na...apne amar boro bhalobashar boro gurujon bhai....dekhen apnaar jonno ami ektara nie boul beshe Lalon Giti gaan gai,
"o bondhure, tumi arek bar aashia, jao more kandaia, oo monu re...!"

কি যে বলেন না জাভেদ ভাই। আপনি আমার বড় ভাইসম। আপনাকে কি দূরে সরাতে পারি? আপনার প্রতিটি শব্দের মাঝে লুকিয়ে আছে অনন্ত ভালোলাগার ছোয়া।

বাউল শুনে আমিও একটা আউল (আধুনিক বাউল) দিচ্ছিঃ

"তুই যদি আমার হইতি রে আমি হইতাম তোর,
বিরিয়ানীর প্লেট দিয়া করিতাম আদর...ওওও"
__________________
﴾اَلَاۤ اِنَّ اَوۡلِيَآءَ اللّٰهِ لَا خَوۡفٌ عَلَيۡهِمۡ وَلَا هُمۡ يَحۡزَنُوۡنَ ۖ ۚ‏ ﴿۶۲
"Listen, the friends of Allah shall have no fear, nor shall they grieve" (Yunus: 62)
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old May 6, 2009, 02:29 PM
RazabQ's Avatar
RazabQ RazabQ is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 25, 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 11,851

Sameer, let me ask you this question: Do you feel Packer cricket was good or bad for cricket in the long term. My personal view on that informs my view on our rebel cricketers
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old May 6, 2009, 03:04 PM
Ashraf-FTP's Avatar
Ashraf-FTP Ashraf-FTP is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 3, 2009
Location: Bangladesh in Jupiter
Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib
Posts: 3,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by fais
Yes it is unfair that the ICL is banned whereas the IPL is legal but at the end of the day when our lot decided to join the ICL they were completely aware of this fact. There was no ambiguity present and that means they have made this decision that they don't care much for playing for BD. In such a case I don't see why we are getting so worked up about them. These are the same players that were on the team and didn't really achieve very much.
even though they didnt achieve a lot, they were doing good and looked much better for the future.. altleast we had a well organized team.. now that they are gone, we had to look for replacements.. who replaced Alok?? none.. dhiman?? Mushfiq?? he is fine but his run rate is really slow and if he tries to increase it he gets out.. nafees?? zunaid?? i dont think he is even close to nafees, just check out their average.. Aftab?? no one.. i dont care about the oldies but the young ones had good potential and were in a growing stage too.. so i still think they have a lot to give cricket and specially bangladesh Cricket so rather than being, as someone mentioned in this thread before "chamcha" of the BCCI, BCB should just bring the players back so that they can continue their wins against the big teams like they did against Australia, SA, India etc.. and anyways how many matches have Bangladesh won or were close to winning when those players were in the team?? how many good performances have we seen from Bangladesh after the players have left?? i know this team gives good performances sometimes but they always cant put up a good fight.. so i think BCB needs to take actions ASAP because the more time goes by the older the players get and the time for them to learn shortens..
__________________
FTP Bangladesh offsite

Last edited by Ashraf-FTP; May 6, 2009 at 03:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old May 6, 2009, 03:07 PM
Ashraf-FTP's Avatar
Ashraf-FTP Ashraf-FTP is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 3, 2009
Location: Bangladesh in Jupiter
Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib
Posts: 3,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Sameer, let me ask you this question: Do you feel Packer cricket was good or bad for cricket in the long term. My personal view on that informs my view on our rebel cricketers
completely agreee with you.. Packer just changed cricket.. that was the biggest revolution in cricket..
__________________
FTP Bangladesh offsite
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old May 6, 2009, 03:56 PM
Peace Peace is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 3, 2009
Posts: 696

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
My post had no aggression in it. Where did the anger management bit come from !!! My language skills are good enough thank you very much. On the contrary I would recommend you to check your posts for grammar mistakes [edit] because they are filled with them.

I respectfully disagree that Samircreep's post was emotional. It was all logic. If you have read it five times but still dont think he has made his point on why we should not forgive the ICL ers and keep the ban on then there is nothing more I can add to make you understand.

I will just try and show you one aspect of your reasoning that did not make sense. You said the cricketers had every right to look after themselves, well then BCB has every right to ban the players for joining a rebel league given that they knew the consequences. Moreover BCB had invested time and money on developing these cricketers without which I can guarantee they would not be what they are today. Your analogy of doctor's and engineer's going abroad is like comparing apples and orranges.Moreover as far I know the Bangladesh Government does not have a huge scholarship program for sending students abroad unlike countries like Bhutan among our neighbours. Most of the people who go abroad go on their own merit and dont use Government funding to study abroad. Its either scholarships earned through their own merits or personal funding which pays their education. In Bhutan the government pays for your education abroad and the catch is that you have to return and work for the government once you finish your studies. This is more similar to the BCB and cricketers situation than the one you just blurted out. Somehow your posts remind me of special1.
Grammatical mistakes are not important to me as long as my posts are understandable to readers. Mind you English is not my first language.

Language skill is not essential to be an intelligent person but IQ is paramount. [edit - attack the content, not the poster]
This is also evident in your understanding of cost in education. Do you have any idea how much does it cost Bangladesh to educate a doctor? Probably you had free education in Bangladesh and did not realise who was paying for it.

Some of you here practise hypocrisy. You would call others unpatriotic for the same thing that you are doing.

Last edited by RazabQ; May 6, 2009 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: detoriating to personal level - mod.action
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old May 6, 2009, 04:43 PM
Peace Peace is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 3, 2009
Posts: 696

He is saying my grammar is poor and I am saying his IQ is poor. Why does my post constitute personal attack?
He is the one who started calling others fool.
double standard.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old May 6, 2009, 04:56 PM
RazabQ's Avatar
RazabQ RazabQ is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 25, 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 11,851

Peace - grammar of a post is poor = one is attacking the content. Poster's IQ is poor = personal. It is a fine line yes, but it's there nevertheless. I have edited his posts too where relevant. Now come one you two, just agree to disagree on this topic

Mod
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old May 6, 2009, 05:13 PM
Peace Peace is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 3, 2009
Posts: 696

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Peace - grammar of a post is poor = one is attacking the content. Poster's IQ is poor = personal. It is a fine line yes, but it's there nevertheless. I have edited his posts too where relevant. Now come one you two, just agree to disagree on this topic

Mod
Thank you for clarification.
But...I was also doing the same...

Poster’s post has poor grammar = poster grammar is poor
Poster’s signature (post) indicates poor IQ = Poster has poor IQ

Razab bhai, I am bored.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old May 6, 2009, 06:30 PM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello
Posts: 25,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
I don’t agree with you.. I think they should be forgiven.. why?? cause we left our country but why?? to get a better job, a better life and to be able to earn more money right?? then did we betray our country?? if you think we betrayed our country, fine then the ICL players shouldn’t be forgiven.. but if you think we didn’t betray them then I think we should forgive them.. well, think of it as this way.. cricket is their profession, now if the BCB doesn’t pay them a lot of money (some weren’t even contracted) then wont you leave for a better job, a higher paid job?? I don’t really care about other boards.. there were players with really good potential and you could see that in ICL how they were dominating it.. if these people (Aftab/Alok/SN) were in the team, we had a much higher chance of doing better in the T20 world cup.. and anyways, its not fair that when people get to play in IPL then why not ICL?? ICL and IPL are the same thing basically.. the only difference is that IPL is legal cause BCCI is the owner, and ICL isn’t legal cause someone is doing it privately and its competing against IPL so therefore competing against the BCCI.. then why should we suffer over the fighting of some other countries?? all the good players have played for the national team.. and all of them were developed in our country so they shouldn’t have any problem playing for our country.. I hope you get my points..
Very well expressed and clearly thought out post by our dear Ashraf.
I had a long/good conversation with Asharf bro last night and he helped me clear my mind and see through certain things that otherwise I falied to see out of massive anger! I am sincerely grateful to Ashraf, who is only 13 and here I am 38 but he enlightened me and helped me understand things, things about life and chices thta we make everyday! Ashraf bhai, we are very very proud to have you here in BC as a friend/brother/member and your thoughts are indeed rich in clarity and in of the purest form!
Earlier in a post I made some very angry remarks about our ICL-Dhaka Warriors members, the ex-national cricketers. I am not going to deleat it as it shows how I feel about some of their comments/mouthing off to the media regarding our BD national team, and that part of my anger stays and always will.
But, should they not be forgiven for mistakingly in a confused state, without thinking it through, resigning/retiring from BCB, especially some of the very young talented ones? I now think that people naturally make mistakes and all of us deserve some opportunities to redeem ourselves from the mistakes we made in the past and to do it right all over again, everybody deserves a second chance!
And I also see it now that ICL never did do anything wrong in the first place, and why you and I, us BD brothers bicker over an internal conflict of a foreign country between their cricket control administration(BCCI) and a private league(ICL) in their country? Be it that they haevily influence us, have power over us or our cricket control board (BCB), we should not do a 'select all' on all the BD ICL players and punish them/shut the door on their faces forever. We are better than that. Let BCCI and ICL fight fight over each other over gang turf and burn ICC down or do whatever, we the folks of BD will and should always stand by our boys that play cricket and bring glory to our nation!
We should only be strict and carreful on the cases where induvidual players who ran their arrogant mouths a little too much and made unheard of claims about their 'MASSIVE" contribution to the national team and not getting rewarded for it!!?
I love you Ashraf bhai, thank you and you did good for me.
__________________
God bless Ingrid Newkirk, Dianne Feinstein, Hillary Clinton, Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand & Mitch Landrieu!
twitter.com/bujheekom
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old May 6, 2009, 06:48 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 33,670

yellow card, red card,
nai kono green card,
flame war, dey scar
shobaike amar hushiaar

[don't ask...have been reading dr seuss lately]
__________________
Omega Man
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old May 6, 2009, 07:12 PM
mshakir56's Avatar
mshakir56 mshakir56 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 16, 2005
Location: Michigan, USA
Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL
Posts: 1,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
yellow card, red card,
nai kono green card,
flame war, dey scar
shobaike amar hushiaar

[don't ask...have been reading dr seuss lately]
LMAO
__________________
You can run, but you can't hide !
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old May 6, 2009, 07:23 PM
RazabQ's Avatar
RazabQ RazabQ is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 25, 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 11,851

As myself:
GB, no doubt Dr. Seuss is a key component to you accomplishing your stated "mission" . It's kryptonite to a certain type of human-being I tells ya!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old May 6, 2009, 07:30 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 33,670

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
As myself:
GB, no doubt Dr. Seuss is a key component to you accomplishing your stated "mission" . It's kryptonite to a certain type of human-being I tells ya!
*gopal thinks rojobda has multiple personality disorder*

Aaaaaannndddd here comes the ban......
__________________
Omega Man
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old May 6, 2009, 07:33 PM
RazabQ's Avatar
RazabQ RazabQ is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 25, 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 11,851

You can think all you want man ... just don't say it - at least meanly
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old May 6, 2009, 08:02 PM
Ashraf-FTP's Avatar
Ashraf-FTP Ashraf-FTP is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 3, 2009
Location: Bangladesh in Jupiter
Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib
Posts: 3,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Very well expressed and clearly thought out post by our dear Ashraf.
I had a long/good conversation with Asharf bro last night and he helped me clear my mind and see through certain things that otherwise I falied to see out of massive anger! I am sincerely grateful to Ashraf, who is only 13 and here I am 38 but he enlightened me and helped me understand things, things about life and chices thta we make everyday! Ashraf bhai, we are very very proud to have you here in BC as a friend/brother/member and your thoughts are indeed rich in clarity and in of the purest form!
Earlier in a post I made some very angry remarks about our ICL-Dhaka Warriors members, the ex-national cricketers. I am not going to deleat it as it shows how I feel about some of their comments/mouthing off to the media regarding our BD national team, and that part of my anger stays and always will.
But, should they not be forgiven for mistakingly in a confused state, without thinking it through, resigning/retiring from BCB, especially some of the very young talented ones? I now think that people naturally make mistakes and all of us deserve some opportunities to redeem ourselves from the mistakes we made in the past and to do it right all over again, everybody deserves a second chance!
And I also see it now that ICL never did do anything wrong in the first place, and why you and I, us BD brothers bicker over an internal conflict of a foreign country between their cricket control administration(BCCI) and a private league(ICL) in their country? Be it that they haevily influence us, have power over us or our cricket control board (BCB), we should not do a 'select all' on all the BD ICL players and punish them/shut the door on their faces forever. We are better than that. Let BCCI and ICL fight fight over each other over gang turf and burn ICC down or do whatever, we the folks of BD will and should always stand by our boys that play cricket and bring glory to our nation!
We should only be strict and carreful on the cases where induvidual players who ran their arrogant mouths a little too much and made unheard of claims about their 'MASSIVE" contribution to the national team and not getting rewarded for it!!?
I love you Ashraf bhai, thank you and you did good for me.
nice post B_K bhai.. you just took my post and explained it in a much nicer and clearer way than i could.. and my post wasnt that too great.. its just what i think about those "unfortunate" ICL players.. i call them unfortunate because they got a really good paying job and they couldnt deny it.. and they also thought that ICL would be legal soon enough so even if they were banned they would be able to comeback and play for BD again.. but sadly enough its not over yet, and the luck of those players (who want to actually play for BD again) to play for BD is stilll Hanging.. i just dont want this to happen, when the players are too old to play and then BCB realise or ICL is legalized.. so then the players would have no time to play for BD again.. and as B_K bhai said "everyone deserves another chance for their mistakes"
but i agree.. the players who were talking to much S**T about our country shouldnt be given another chance and shouldnt be forgiven.. they should surely be punished for their mistakes.. not everyone deserves a chance for their mistakes, only the ones who actually do a "mistake" by mistake deserve a chance.. the ones that do "mistakes" on purpose dont deserve a chance!!
__________________
FTP Bangladesh offsite
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old May 6, 2009, 10:40 PM
layperson's Avatar
layperson layperson is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 7, 2006
Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib
Posts: 2,583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace
Grammatical mistakes are not important to me as long as my posts are understandable to readers. Mind you English is not my first language.

Language skill is not essential to be an intelligent person but IQ is paramount. [edit - attack the content, not the poster]
This is also evident in your understanding of cost in education. Do you have any idea how much does it cost Bangladesh to educate a doctor? Probably you had free education in Bangladesh and did not realise who was paying for it.

Some of you here practise hypocrisy. You would call others unpatriotic for the same thing that you are doing.
Ay hay ekhon ki hobe !!!!! you think bad of my IQ !!!! ohh righteous and "non hyprocite" creation of Allah, what can I do to prove to you that I am not as dumb as you think. I need to ressurect my position in your eyes in order to live a happy life !!!

On a different note, I still dont see the similarity between doctors, engineers or students in general going and settling abroad with the handful of Cricketers who played in the ICL league knowing it was a surefire way of getting banned.

You cannot call me a hypocrite. I got free education in Bangladesh, got involved in Politics and murdered a few people, had to flee the country to save my back side from going to jail. I am a political refugee from kooooba, ohh sorry bangladesh and I work in a cell phone factory to earn my living. My income form politics in bangladesh was much more than what I earn working in the cell phone factory here. So I did not come here for higher pay. You cannot compare me with the ICL ers.

Ohh lastly: I dont know who you are or what you want to achieve by provoking me, if you are looking for extorting money then let me tell you I dont have any. But what I do have is a very particular set of skills, skills that I have acquired over my long political career in Bd which make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let this go right now I promise I wont hold a grudge, wont come looking for you either but if you dont then I will look for you and I will find you and I will kill you.
__________________
Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while that you shouldnt have messed with? Thats me.
Join http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...php?groupid=16

Last edited by layperson; May 6, 2009 at 10:47 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old May 6, 2009, 10:47 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 33,670

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
I got free education in Bangladesh, got involved in Politics and murdered a few people, had to flee the country to save my back side from going to jail. I am a political refugee from kooooba, ohh sorry bangladesh and I work in a cell phone factory to earn my living.
*notes down for the upcoming BC quiz*
__________________
Omega Man
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old May 6, 2009, 10:59 PM
samircreep samircreep is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 3, 2002
Posts: 709

I thought I'd clarify some key points that people keep stumbling upon..

Firstly, let's explain why ICL was banned in the first place. In international cricket, you can't have competing authorities running the game. Aside from logistical and financial nightmares, it also dilutes the power of ICC which has de facto authority over the game. ICC shares its authority with domestic and regional cricket boards (some would say domestic boards like the BCCI are more powerful than ICC but that's a different argument), but the point is the power sharing basis is completely consentual and, more importantly, integral in running the game smoothly at both national and international stage.

Can't say the same thing about the ICL though. It challeneged ICC on two fronts: ability to stage games anywhere in the world and draw in whatever player, without the consensus of the ICC (although ICL officials would never put it so bluntly as I have).

This is a big no no as far as ICC and domestic boards are concerned. First there's the slippery slope argument: it's a 20-20 tournament now, but wait till they start having their own World Cup. It's also (and more importantly) deflecting money away from ICC and domestic boards.

Can ICC and ICL be reconciled in the future? Sure, why not. The obvious analogy is between Kerry Packer's rebel series or the creation of private tennis tournaments that challeneged ATP. Cricket administration is an evolving concept and it's still at an embryonic stage.

But all this is completely pointless. The point is, ICL BD cricketers KNEW what this was all about and chose to switch loyalties (I'm sorry, but the idea that they were "led on" by Shumon et al. is totally garbage). I am not trying to invoke an emotional argument based on patriotism here (although that's a perfectly valid argument in my book). I have outlned three very clear (and hopefully lucid) arguments as to why they can never play international matches for BD again. Please go over them before you hit the reply button.

I've noticed that my countrymen in general love trying to have their cake and eat it too (or "dui noukai pa diye thakte chai" if I want to be more contextual). Well gentlmen, a lot of the rewards in life are simply mutually exclusive. It's time that all of us learnt that.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old May 7, 2009, 12:57 AM
tiger_club's Avatar
tiger_club tiger_club is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 18, 2007
Location: New South Wales
Posts: 1,262

yes forgive them and i want to see some serious competition among the players. Those ICL players will have to go back to play NCL, PCL, DCL before they can prove themselves they’re worthy for the national team.. another option would be not to forgive them thinking that we already have enough good players and more on the way.... or we could forgive them and make them our current t20 team....
__________________
go tigers get' em boyz..
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old May 7, 2009, 01:12 AM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 19,109

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateCut
ওরা চলেগেছে ওদের নিজের ইচছায়! আমাদের দলের কি অবস্থা হাবে তার কোন চিন্তা কারে নাই। শুধু সেই কারনেই ওদের কে দালে নেওয়া উচিত না।

My first bangla post!
An excellent LateCut.
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old May 7, 2009, 01:40 AM
Baundule's Avatar
Baundule Baundule is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 5, 2004
Favorite Player: Lara
Posts: 5,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by samircreep
Firstly, let's explain why ICL was banned in the first place. In international cricket, you can't have competing authorities running the game. Aside from logistical and financial nightmares, it also dilutes the power of ICC which has de facto authority over the game. ICC shares its authority with domestic and regional cricket boards (some would say domestic boards like the BCCI are more powerful than ICC but that's a different argument), but the point is the power sharing basis is completely consentual and, more importantly, integral in running the game smoothly at both national and international stage.

Can't say the same thing about the ICL though. It challeneged ICC on two fronts: ability to stage games anywhere in the world and draw in whatever player, without the consensus of the ICC (although ICL officials would never put it so bluntly as I have).
Why do you read it as a 'challenge' and not as an 'opportunity' from ICC's side? The ICC authority did not say that they do not give a **** to the ICC; rather they have been trying their best to get recognized by the ICC. ICC could have very easily seen it as an opportunity that people are investing money to spread the game. ICC can certainly impose some rules on the recognition and organization of the game by third parties. In that way they were not going to lose control over the tournament.

Can you also tell why BCB had to ban those players? Were there some guidelines from the ICC?
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old May 7, 2009, 01:41 AM
tiger_club's Avatar
tiger_club tiger_club is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 18, 2007
Location: New South Wales
Posts: 1,262

If Mohammed Yosuf can be pardoned why not our players... come on we're all human and we do make mistakes
__________________
go tigers get' em boyz..

Last edited by tiger_club; May 7, 2009 at 01:54 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old May 7, 2009, 01:51 AM
tiger_club's Avatar
tiger_club tiger_club is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 18, 2007
Location: New South Wales
Posts: 1,262

and I'm craving for cake.. please give me a piece too
__________________
go tigers get' em boyz..
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket