facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #276  
Old August 17, 2018, 08:20 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 12,846

I would take Mithun over Sabbir for the Asia Cup.

Shanto, Zakir, Afif, etc need to be kept with the A-team/Academy for now.
Reply With Quote

  #277  
Old August 17, 2018, 09:30 PM
cricket_king's Avatar
cricket_king cricket_king is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 10, 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,719

No mithun please. Any decent bowler would expose him in a couple of deliveries.
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old August 17, 2018, 10:27 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 12,076

Yeah i’m not sure about mominul and mithun, they scored runs but mominul still seems to be boundary reliant, mithun had serious technical weaknesses which needed to be addressed so without having seen these innings it’s impossible to know whether he gave these technical issues any attention.

But saifuddin is an interesting one, did well before national team, didn’t do that well in national team, is doing well in A team...

Al amin is a very under the radar prospect I’m interested in though, I remember him doing well in an u19 World Cup, he’s brought in some very solid results over the years domestically, can bowl a bit but his strength is middle/lower order batting. He has a lot of not outs, especially in list A cricket, if it was easier to access scorecards I’d just go and check but I’m interested in what happened with these not outs? Was he chasing down targets? Was he setting a target and remained not out with a good strike rate? He’s also played a few big innings so he’s not just a cameo batsman.
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old August 17, 2018, 11:03 PM
Shadow Shadow is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 29, 2016
Posts: 1,104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mridul
why is not anyone praising Mithun? He played a blazing innings. He deserves to get more chances at least in T20s.
He played 13 T20 matches and averaging 10 with a strike rate of 93. At this moment he can't get a place in the t20 side.
__________________
郷に入れば郷に従え
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old August 17, 2018, 11:04 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 12,076

If you want to trawl through prime banks YouTube channel you can see a bit of al amin batting.
Reply With Quote
  #281  
Old August 18, 2018, 12:32 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 12,962

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
No mithun please. Any decent bowler would expose him in a couple of deliveries.
Agreed. He is not international standard. Reminded me of Nazimuddin
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old August 18, 2018, 06:46 AM
zura zura is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 2, 2018
Posts: 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
He played 13 T20 matches and averaging 10 with a strike rate of 93. At this moment he can't get a place in the t20 side.
Players improve. If we can give Liton Das and Soumyo Sarkar countless opportunities, surely he can get a look in the squad as well. Mithun also did well in the 2017 version of BPL and was one of the highest Bangladeshi run scorers.
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old August 18, 2018, 06:54 AM
zura zura is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 2, 2018
Posts: 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Yeah i’m not sure about mominul and mithun, they scored runs but mominul still seems to be boundary reliant, mithun had serious technical weaknesses which needed to be addressed so without having seen these innings it’s impossible to know whether he gave these technical issues any attention.

But saifuddin is an interesting one, did well before national team, didn’t do that well in national team, is doing well in A team...

Al amin is a very under the radar prospect I’m interested in though, I remember him doing well in an u19 World Cup, he’s brought in some very solid results over the years domestically, can bowl a bit but his strength is middle/lower order batting. He has a lot of not outs, especially in list A cricket, if it was easier to access scorecards I’d just go and check but I’m interested in what happened with these not outs? Was he chasing down targets? Was he setting a target and remained not out with a good strike rate? He’s also played a few big innings so he’s not just a cameo batsman.
For Saifuddin, 3 of the T20I's he played, were on batting friendly pitches and thus high scoring games from which he suffered. In the ODI's he was used as a 6th bowler and had fewer chances to bowl.

Al-Amin hasn't been that impressive against Ireland A at all. Scored more than 30 in only 1 game against them and is more of a part-time bowler than anything.
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old August 18, 2018, 07:03 AM
Krishna's Avatar
Krishna Krishna is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 10, 2015
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: ABD
Posts: 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by zura
Players improve. If we can give Liton Das and Soumyo Sarkar countless opportunities, surely he can get a look in the squad as well. Mithun also did well in the 2017 version of BPL and was one of the highest Bangladeshi run scorers.
I disagree.

Litton Das (23) played 15 T20Is, Mithun (27) 13 T20Is. LItton Das ave 18.80. Mithun ave 10.

And Soumya got more opportunities because he unlike LItton and Mithun scored much better runs in his early years in ODI format. He avaraged around 50 strike rating 100+ around early 2016. For this selectors kept him selecting despite poor form for a year. He was dropped but perhaps longer his survival in 2017 when he scored some good knocks including 87 and 60 in NZ against IRE and NZ. Unless he could have been out before 17 CT.

So it is apparent that Litton didnt get countless opportunities and Soumyas extended runs are not as much some wants to believe. Yes MIthun got less chance, but it doesnt mean Litton got countless opportunities or Soumya got undue extended chance.
__________________
''Proud to be a Bangladeshi"

Go TIGERS GO...
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old August 18, 2018, 07:39 AM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,442

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Yeah i’m not sure about mominul and mithun, they scored runs but mominul still seems to be boundary reliant, mithun had serious technical weaknesses which needed to be addressed so without having seen these innings it’s impossible to know whether he gave these technical issues any attention.

But saifuddin is an interesting one, did well before national team, didn’t do that well in national team, is doing well in A team...

Al amin is a very under the radar prospect I’m interested in though, I remember him doing well in an u19 World Cup, he’s brought in some very solid results over the years domestically, can bowl a bit but his strength is middle/lower order batting. He has a lot of not outs, especially in list A cricket, if it was easier to access scorecards I’d just go and check but I’m interested in what happened with these not outs? Was he chasing down targets? Was he setting a target and remained not out with a good strike rate? He’s also played a few big innings so he’s not just a cameo batsman.
Saifuddin case is very clear in my opinion

The reason that happened wasn't because his form, it's because of his ability, he's still a year or two from becoming mature enough to play national team, in t20 he can be tried on the meanwhile, but we should take time with this bunch of young players and not throw them in and ruin them like we have done in the past
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old August 18, 2018, 05:30 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 12,076

What I like about saifuddin is he bowls a lot of batsmen out, attacks the stumps, doesn’t rely on catches. 4 wickets last match, 3 were bowled.

I agree with taking time with this bunch. Mehedi, shanto, Liton, fizz, taskin, mishu, shoriful, zakir, afif etc.

I know mehedi is a full time national player now but opulent hurt to get him playing some A team cricket if at all possible, could work on batting a little bit and also give him a chance to get to know his bowling better, I still think he’s much more valuable as a bowler, he’s our main spin hope when shakib declines/retires, although nayeem hasan also looks promising.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Miller 9 Procter 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old August 18, 2018, 07:34 PM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Meherpur, Kushtia
Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes
Posts: 7,381

People are quick to denounce Mithun as a hack after scoring 80 off 39 but are willing to talk up Soumya and not call him a hack either lmao. The hypocrisy
__________________
Check out our podcast channel and also our episode with Dr Mohamed Ghilan!
facebook.com/boysinthecave
boysinthecave.com
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old August 18, 2018, 07:37 PM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Meherpur, Kushtia
Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes
Posts: 7,381

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Shanto heading to be the biggest disappointment after Nasir and Shabbir
after scoring 6 runs in a format which he is not suited to, forgetting the fact that he is one of the most technically sound batsman we have come across in the recent past and also forgetting the fact that he is only 20 years old?????

Your off your chops mate.
__________________
Check out our podcast channel and also our episode with Dr Mohamed Ghilan!
facebook.com/boysinthecave
boysinthecave.com
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old August 18, 2018, 07:46 PM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Meherpur, Kushtia
Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes
Posts: 7,381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
He played 13 T20 matches and averaging 10 with a strike rate of 93. At this moment he can't get a place in the t20 side.
There is a thing called working on your batting after being dropped from the national team. Just because of his past results for the national team, no matter what his performances are whether it be for the A team, BPL, DPL he still can't get a look in cos of how he performed for the national team in the past??? What kind of logic is this lmao
__________________
Check out our podcast channel and also our episode with Dr Mohamed Ghilan!
facebook.com/boysinthecave
boysinthecave.com
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old August 18, 2018, 10:36 PM
Yankees Yankees is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Posts: 3,126

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
There is a thing called working on your batting after being dropped from the national team. Just because of his past results for the national team, no matter what his performances are whether it be for the A team, BPL, DPL he still can't get a look in cos of how he performed for the national team in the past??? What kind of logic is this lmao
A very good point
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old August 20, 2018, 04:56 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 12,962

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
There is a thing called working on your batting after being dropped from the national team. Just because of his past results for the national team, no matter what his performances are whether it be for the A team, BPL, DPL he still can't get a look in cos of how he performed for the national team in the past??? What kind of logic is this lmao
He is 27 and we last saw him play earlier this year! The logic is pretty simple imo
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old August 20, 2018, 09:45 AM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 20,908

We can switch between Mithun and Ariful and see who can sustain till next T20I WC
__________________
元気
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old August 20, 2018, 03:16 PM
Donal C's Avatar
Donal C Donal C is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 19, 2014
Location: Ireland
Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers
Posts: 925

Was a good tour this. And shock! Only 1 washout! How could this be!!
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old August 20, 2018, 03:21 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 31,465

Balbirnie? He was a beast with the A team. Chasing a big total, why did he go in to a shell? Same with Simi.



I kinda liked J little. Promising.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old August 20, 2018, 04:44 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 12,076

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
Was a good tour this. And shock! Only 1 washout! How could this be!!
Did you get to see any of the matches?
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Miller 9 Procter 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket