facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 19, 2007, 04:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut
Default Yuvraj Singh hits six 6s!

Yuvraj Singh cut Chris Broad into pieces by hammering six 6s off the final over of the Indian innings against England in their Super 8 match in the ICC Twenty20 World Championship. Here's how it's been described :

Quote:
18.1 Broad to Yuvraj Singh, SIX, that's out the ground, super shot over cow corner and it just kept going up.
18.2 Broad to Yuvraj Singh, SIX, now that really is sweet, no more than a dismissive flick off his legs, swatting a fly, and the ball arcs deep into the crowd beyond backward square leg. The dodgy TV measurement says that's 111 yards but as it landed outside the ground how do they know? They guess that's how.
18.3 Broad to Yuvraj Singh, SIX, he's hitting them everywhere, he steps to leg and smashes the ball over extra cover and it keeps on traveling. The fireworks start on top of the scoreboard and they've been going off in the middle for some time.
18.4 Broad to Yuvraj Singh, SIX, Shiver me timbers! Broad goes round the wicket, bowls a filthy wide full toss and Yuvraj steers it over backward point and it clears the rope again.
18.5 Broad to Yuvraj Singh, SIX, down on one knee and larruped over midwicket, that one was more nine iron, it went into the night sky and dropped with a thud in the jubilant crowd. England have a team meeting.
Broad looks quizzical and miserable. Can he, can Yuvraj do it. Broad looks like a man who knows he is about to be mauled again.
18.6 Broad to Yuvraj Singh, SIX, and he has, Yuvraj leans back and smacks that over wide mid-on. It was the maximum from the moment it left that bat and the crowd was roaring as it flew.
Super slogging by the elegant Yuvi this! ...definitely deserves a thread of its own!

Old September 19, 2007, 04:50 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

all hail the new new king to the throne.
Old September 19, 2007, 05:02 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Oops! Note to mods :

There's a similar thread in the Bangladesh Cricket section. Perhaps merge this thread with that one, and bring that thread over here in the International Cricket section ?
Old September 19, 2007, 05:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
Oops! Note to mods :

There's a similar thread in the Bangladesh Cricket section. Perhaps merge this thread with that one, and bring that thread over here in the International Cricket section ?
It's highly unlikely that you didn't saw that thread in Bangladesh Cricket section created 4 hours back ,seems you are deliberately trying the eyesore thread to be removed from there(maybe I'm wrong,Assumptions).Nice try.Moderators ,can help you in conniving ,hopefully they won't.Let the threads be in their own places.

SEEMS LIKE you are pissed off on someone breaking your ashrafools record.

BTW,records are meant to be broken and this one will soon be.I wish to see a fastest FIFTY off single digits.
Old September 19, 2007, 05:35 PM
Banned

YUVI , you are the man.

Old September 19, 2007, 05:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

Ashraul still holds the record. He's still the first batsman to score the fastest 50 in T20 WC. Yuvraj is the third batsman (12 balls ) and Mahela is the second (21 balls)
Old September 19, 2007, 06:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damalChele
Ashraul still holds the record. He's still the first batsman to score the fastest 50 in T20 WC. Yuvraj is the third batsman (12 balls ) and Mahela is the second (21 balls)
Hey I dint get the Logic man ...the fastest fifty before Ash would be someone else ..I dont see how "He's still the first batsman to score the fastest 50 in T20 WC" ...

anyway ..as I was saying earlier the ..Geeene may be out of the bottle ..time for great times for Yuvi ..he would be an underachiver if he does not come close Tendy by the time he retires ...though hopeful it is unlikely ..but 6 in 6 was unlikely too...
Old September 19, 2007, 07:36 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Those sixes were all class. he wasnt slogging or coming down the wicket....
Old September 19, 2007, 07:38 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Yeah Yuvraj is great to watch. Hitting 6 of them in an over against pace bowler is not an easy task. Plus, Broad is really not that bad of a bowler.
Old September 19, 2007, 08:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Something is missing here....ok here is the video

Old September 19, 2007, 09:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

is anyone really suprised? i mean ashraful's 50 was quick but not super quick, mubarak was on track to being quicker than ashraful but he ran out of overs. i didn't see yuvraj's innings but six 6's in an over is impressive by anyones standards.
Old September 19, 2007, 09:55 PM
Cricket Sage

i'm gladd.it was againstt englandd..they need sum of that stuff to keep emm downn...gud thingg flintoff pissed yuvraj off...
Old September 20, 2007, 03:07 AM
Cricket Guru

go yuvraj!!!! poor ash!!!
Old September 20, 2007, 03:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

The target is 9-ball 50. To see who can get there first.
Old September 20, 2007, 03:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

This was bound to happen... Congrats Yuvraj!!!
Old September 20, 2007, 03:46 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
Something is missing here....ok here is the video

Thanks crikss for the video
Old September 20, 2007, 03:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahid
Broad's career is over before it began

Disagreed. Stuart Broad is one of the best bowlers England got at present (if not the best). He had an excellent series against India & West Indies. The 6 sixes by Yuvo was just matter of time as this is what you are supposed to do in 20/20 'do or die' match plus Yuvo's revenge was also due. Unfortunately it was against Stuart, although I wish it was against Dimitri who took 5 sixes in a row against Yuvo's bowling during the 6th Eng v Ind ODI last month.
Old September 20, 2007, 04:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

It was bound to happen in this tournament, especially after so many batsmen kept on coming so close. BTW, UV rocks !
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 20, 2007, 06:28 AM
Cricket Legend

congrats yuvraj but i feel bad for this guy broad,i liked his bowling also i feel bad for ash but his record was made to be broken actually thats the purpose of records to be broken and i am pretty sure that oneday his record will also be broken.
Old September 20, 2007, 11:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I am ecstatic that Yuvray gave them back a dose of their own medicine. I guess Allah heard his prayers, he hit one more six in an over that Mascarenhas hit against his bowling. Pay back time!
Old September 21, 2007, 01:51 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by aventis
seems you are deliberately trying the eyesore thread to be removed from there(maybe I'm wrong,Assumptions).Nice try.Moderators ,can help you in conniving ,hopefully they won't.Let the threads be in their own places.

SEEMS LIKE you are pissed off on someone breaking your ashrafools record.

BTW,records are meant to be broken and this one will soon be.I wish to see a fastest FIFTY off single digits.
Excess of anything is bad. And my friend, you have an excessively large pot of silly assumptions. It's highly unlikely as well, that you'd miss the post that I initially made, 20 minutes earlier than my "note to mods", one that surely had words in it, which wouldn't perhaps get your eyes sore.

About threads being in proper depository... this one is all about Yuvraj, who, if I am not mistaken, has never played for Bangladesh, neither is he a Bangladeshi by nationality. It's hardly, and quite frankly, shouldn't be at all, about our supposed regrets for Ash's record getting broken. Hence, the request was made for a slight thread-moving business. If any mod deemed it unnecessary or fail to see the underlying reason for the request, its their choice.

BTW, the name is Ashraful. If you have trouble typing, then thats a different story.
Old September 23, 2007, 08:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by damalChele
You are right. He is the first batsman in 20/20 to score the fastest fifty, that record will always be there. Yuvraj broke it and records are made to be broken.

Last edited by zainab; September 23, 2007 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: none
Old September 23, 2007, 09:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Records are temporary, glory is eternal.
Old September 23, 2007, 02:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Are free-hit balls counted twoards fastest 50 (or 100 for that matter)? I think it does. So, it may take just 9 balls (6*9) to score fastest 50. However, there are scenarios where 7 or more runs can be scored in a single ball. That will reqire a very bad fielding team and is highly unlikely. Fact is that Yuvraj has achieved something very spectacular. Although, I am surprised to learn of the record (one that Ash broke). Yuvraj's one looks more like the one that will have some lifespan. However, I think his record will be broken too within a year or two. My guess is that the recod will stabilize at about 12/13 balls and it will be achieved by a low order batsman. I think Mushrafi has a shot at it but not with his current form. Tamim could batter the record if he comes in few order down. His kamikazi style of batting may produce one spectacular innings in 30/40 tries.