facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 3, 2012, 12:26 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Wat about our very own Shakib?

Not too long ago Razzak was classed as the best spinner in the world as well (according to icc rankings)

Razzak has always been over rated. He does really well against minnows and get good overall stats, but he is yet to impress me against top opposition.

Old May 4, 2012, 03:48 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Im surprised to see how narine are being considered as one of the best..lol..funny bc.. Some good performance in some t20 league can make anyone best? Seriously? Imho..narine isnot even in the list of best 10 spinner atm.. But yeah he got the potential.. Let him play some international match esp. test to judge..
Btw.. I think.. Swann,Shakib and Ajmal these are the best in this buisness right now..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old May 4, 2012, 07:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

^^i know narine hasn't played much international cricket but 14 wickets in 8 ODIs at an econ of 3.79 is very good and yes he has done well in t20 cricket, time will tell. btw i agree shakib is one of the best atm but i don't think he is the best.
Old May 31, 2012, 01:50 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Warne McGrath and S Waugh

Right now it's Ajmal and Swann, with Herath, Rehman, Vettori and Shakib coming in after them. Narine has a long way to go to be compared with them. He hasn't even made a test debut yet! Ashwin, Lyon, Tahir, Bishoo, Randiv and Sunny could all become solid spinners but time will tell. We're really in a transitional time with spinners following the retirements of Warne, Murali and Kumble. None of the guys today are in their class.
Old May 31, 2012, 02:00 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

1. Swann
2. Ajmal
3. Shakib
Old May 31, 2012, 02:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAus
Right now it's Ajmal and Swann, with Herath, Rehman, Vettori and Shakib coming in after them. Narine has a long way to go to be compared with them. He hasn't even made a test debut yet! Ashwin, Lyon, Tahir, Bishoo, Randiv and Sunny could all become solid spinners but time will tell. We're really in a transitional time with spinners following the retirements of Warne, Murali and Kumble. None of the guys today are in their class.
Yeah agree with you completely !!! We are definitely gonna miss Warne and Murali.. Let's see if Narine can fill that gap..

But for now Ajmal and Swann are the best..
Old June 11, 2012, 02:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Worlds best woffspinner: ravichandran Ashwin, has played in 3 consecutive IPL Finals

best legspinner: Piyush Chawla/ Amit Mishra

Old June 11, 2012, 02:15 AM
Cricket Savant

If I were batsman, I would not want to face Vettori (or Murali in his prime).

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 11, 2012, 02:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Those of us who watched cricket from mid90s to mid00s did not know how lucky we were to see such wonderful spinners year in year out.
I myself took it for granted, but now i find that the last decade was for spinners what the 70-80s were for fast bowlers, i.e. a time when 3-4 all time greats were plying their trades at the same time.

We had Warne, Kumble and to a lesser extent Mushtaq for leggies
Murali, Saqlain for off spinners. (Bhajji a class below them)

None of the spinners today are a patch on those 5
Old June 11, 2012, 04:12 AM
Cricket Guru

We had Macgill to and harbhajan was alright as well
Old July 30, 2012, 10:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by riankhan
IMO, it is Ajmal at the moment. Though I believe, with experience, Narine will become one of the top very soon, if not the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Swann and Ajmal.
Agree with both of these. IMO, its Ajmal, then Swann.

With proper guidance, and continued development, I can see Narine surpassing both of them in the next 3 years.
Old July 30, 2012, 09:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

Ajmal. Without a doubt.
Old July 30, 2012, 11:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Those of us who watched cricket from mid90s to mid00s did not know how lucky we were to see such wonderful spinners year in year out.
I myself took it for granted, but now i find that the last decade was for spinners what the 70-80s were for fast bowlers, i.e. a time when 3-4 all time greats were plying their trades at the same time.

We had Warne, Kumble and to a lesser extent Mushtaq for leggies
Murali, Saqlain for off spinners. (Bhajji a class below them)

None of the spinners today are a patch on those 5
Statistically speaking all of those guys are a bit over-rated apart from Warne and Murali, no?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 30, 2012, 11:37 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Statistically speaking all of those guys are a bit over-rated apart from Warne and Murali, no?
Saqlain's record is pretty impressive even though the last part of his career really sucked
Old August 14, 2012, 04:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I dont think there's a doubt that Saeed Ajmal's the best spinner in the game, at the moment.
Old August 28, 2012, 10:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Just found some random Indian/ Srilankan people considering Shakib as the current best spinner. Not that I agree with it but he gave a good reasoning of SR...

Old August 28, 2012, 10:35 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Just found some random Indian/ Srilankan people considering Shakib as the current best spinner. Not that I agree with it but he gave a good reasoning of SR...

Lol akdike koy shakib best spinner r ak dike koy amader team ****!...khusi hobo na dhukho pabo bujhtesina..obosso onake dos diye lav ki amio aki kothai boltam
Old August 29, 2012, 03:12 AM
Cricket Legend

It has to be between Ajmal, Swann, and Ashwin. In the times of greats these guys would probably be good bowlers. But given the dearth of quality spinners in the world, these guys stand out.

I find Australia's efforts with spinners very amusing. Nathan Lyon is probably their best option, yet they are stubborn about giving him a go in the shorter version. Michael Beer, Krejza, Doherty are all average spinners, i bet our guys are better. Now because they dont have proper spinners they are calling up a 42 year old Hogg.
Old August 29, 2012, 06:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I think Ashwin is a bit overrated at times. He is good but i dont think he is in the same class as Ajmal or Swann.
Old August 29, 2012, 07:27 PM
Cricket Guru

yeah i don't rate ashwin up there, he's solid but ajmal and swann are a more than solid. shakib is good, i think if he had better support he'd be doing even better and also of BD could bat a bit better because BD don't always get to bowl twice in a match. i know ashwin just did awesome against NZ but the current NZ team is very weak atm.
Old August 29, 2012, 11:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Early days for Ashwin, so cant compare with the other two. But he has what it takes-height, ability to turn, variation, and an action which is not exactly conventional. Another talented Indian spinner is Pragyan Ojha. Beautiful action, ability to generate sharp turn. Their biggest prospect was Piyush Chawla. But doubt he is as good as the other two.

Shakib's bowling has been on the decline in recent times. Former spin coach Salahuddin has blamed T20 cricket. He tries to bowl flatter and quicker through the air. Hope some time with Saqlain will revive his bowling a little. But even at his best Shakib isnt a destructive bowler who will rip opposition apart. He will probably take 3-4 wickets for 30 or 40 runs. Thats the way he is. But Enamul Jnr and Sunny in contrast are capable of big hauls. Both are aggressive attacking spinners. Richard McIness had predicted Enamul could end up becoming one of the best spinners in the World-and that after becoming the highest wicket taker of the Under 19 WC. Unfortunately he never developed. Still hopeful. With hard work our spinners can easily compete with the best in the world. Australia would be delighted to have a guy like Enam or one of the Sunny's. Their SLA's Michael Beer, Doherty are average compared to ours.
Old August 30, 2012, 12:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Yes ohja is talented. As far as shakib if t20 does that to him then I'd prefer he not play that format, he's too important to be wrecked by t20 cricket.
Old August 30, 2012, 05:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Thats the negative of T20. As our guys get invited to play in more T20's their basics will go for a six. Sure they will gain confidence and learn from others but they will also adapt to the shorter version. Even Razzak is guilty of bowling too flat and defensive these days.
Old August 30, 2012, 07:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Early days for Ashwin, so cant compare with the other two. But he has what it takes-height, ability to turn, variation, and an action which is not exactly conventional. Another talented Indian spinner is Pragyan Ojha. Beautiful action, ability to generate sharp turn. Their biggest prospect was Piyush Chawla. But doubt he is as good as the other two.

Shakib's bowling has been on the decline in recent times. Former spin coach Salahuddin has blamed T20 cricket. He tries to bowl flatter and quicker through the air. Hope some time with Saqlain will revive his bowling a little. But even at his best Shakib isnt a destructive bowler who will rip opposition apart. He will probably take 3-4 wickets for 30 or 40 runs. Thats the way he is. But Enamul Jnr and Sunny in contrast are capable of big hauls. Both are aggressive attacking spinners. Richard McIness had predicted Enamul could end up becoming one of the best spinners in the World-and that after becoming the highest wicket taker of the Under 19 WC. Unfortunately he never developed. Still hopeful. With hard work our spinners can easily compete with the best in the world. Australia would be delighted to have a guy like Enam or one of the Sunny's. Their SLA's Michael Beer, Doherty are average compared to ours.
That's why I thInk it's better to have Shakib focus more on his batting and have guys like Sunny, Razzak and Enamul take the bulk of the bowling.
Old September 8, 2012, 11:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Ajmal gets left out of ICC's top individual award. Thats a little unfortunate.

But the way PCB is going about is very cry baby like. They didnt choose, make a statement and get over it. Whats with this boycotting and school girl like attitude. They did the same thing when Bangladesh didnt want to tour them.