facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 8, 2005, 11:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Aren't we supposed to play a practice OD match against Glamorgan. Just saw Glamorgan vs. Sussex highlights on sussexcricket.tv and guess what? Dada shunno koreche.

Old June 9, 2005, 12:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

I think we play better in tests than in ODIs. Given our performance in last two tests I cannot expect much from our team in coming ODIs against Australia and England. In ICC champions trophy, we failed to score 150 against relatively easy opponents SA and WI.

I will be happy if we can score around 200 consistently and if opponent bat first if we can restrict them below 260.
Old June 9, 2005, 12:57 AM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Why 175 average ............. just guess more than 200 avg .......... anything less than 200 not good enough .
Old June 9, 2005, 01:13 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
Please remember what were the expectations before the Asia Cup and the ICC and what was the actual outcome.
Spot on! to the poster and to our team.

My hope: Getting 1 fifty against Australia in the 3 ODIs

My realistic expectation: Win the 2 practice matches for now, if we can't win both of them - no matter how close, then there is no hope for us to either score 200 or doing all the good things that DJ Shastra is expecting in the first post of this thread.

My fear: Our bowlers will get smashed around throughout the series and there is a one big possibility (may be 2, if our team management do not learn from their first mistake - and they will make a mistake in team selection - no doubt about it) of conceding one 300 + total - as opposed to our expectation from our recent history where our bowlers were the heros.
Old June 9, 2005, 07:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra

Atleast Bashar should get advance blessings from Pagla Baba this time around.
Just make sure you use some sort of Express method this time to account for the distance from Pabna to London.
Old June 9, 2005, 08:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by rob22888
The thing for Bangladesh is the bowling.

I have said this before, if you bowl like you did in the test series you will be carted for 360 if England or Australia bat first.
Khaled Mahmud will penetrate the English Defense in ODI.
Old June 9, 2005, 01:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Expectations:
Australia win all the matches against Bangladesh.
Australia win all the matches against England.
England win one match against Bangladesh.

Then we will play the 7th match, the Final
Old June 10, 2005, 12:33 AM
Cricket Legend

I find a surprising lack of mental strength in few very talented Bangla players.

The talent keeps coming. There is no perseverance.
Old June 10, 2005, 01:40 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

im keeping all my options open..and not expecting anything...

our expectations always fail...and it fails because of our batsman (most of the time)...

my nightmares?? lets not talk about that...its kinda scary...

fears ?? both aussies and english gonna make us the ginniepig to prove thier supremecy over each other before the ashes...and it would done at our expense..both the teams gonna be really ruthles...just to prove a point to each other...(thats why we're invited to play such a important tri-nation series just before the ashes)

how ?? say if england score 310 in first game (batting first..and we make 180..thus loosing by 130 runs)...
OZies gonna go and make 320 and bowl us out under 150...just a prove the poms that they r the boss...

im not gonna b optimist anymore...cuz it hurts...
from now on..im gonna b real pessimist...
so even if we make 105..i'll b happy cuz to my expectation they've played welll.....

and by sayin 105..i mean
11 batsman + extra = 105
not
1 batsman = 105

let the poms n the ozies burn in hell...
at least for this series....
Old June 10, 2005, 04:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Not the Expectation but the prophecy for 2nd and 3rd ODI: Ashes is knocking at the door. England has got the rite taste of Bangla_toothless_bites (!)...so, they will not put all the front line bowlers at least in the 2nd and 3rd ODI against Bangladesh. They will keep them in bench for the ODI against Assuies and for the coming Ashes not to tire or trouble. Thatz why Dak_Pion sees a glimpse of BanglaDay!!! .......... our openers will stick in the crease for a good while to weather the white balls.....giving a good start (50 plus!!) ….things will come to our positive end. A fifty plus and a near fifty from the rest #3 - #7 batters (out 5 batsmen altogether: 65+45+20+10+0=140!!). And the blasters from the sloggies (50 runs)…….I know you wont believe/expect……….but this is the truth: BD will sum up with a defendable total of only 240 odd runs to make England bow down within 230 runs. Tigers will win by 10 runs!!!!!!!!!!

(Ami kissui khaia lekhi nai!!) _Pion::P
Old June 10, 2005, 04:30 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Flipper
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra

Atleast Bashar should get advance blessings from Pagla Baba this time around.
Just make sure you use some sort of Express method this time to account for the distance from Pabna to London.
Wel bashar really should find out Pagla Baba's email address and mail him immediately and get a worthy blessing via attachment!

Jokes apart... I do fear that BD's Natwest performance will more or less resemble the Champion's trophy very recently...

Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old June 10, 2005, 04:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by mwrkhan
Aren't we supposed to play a practice OD match against Glamorgan. Just saw Glamorgan vs. Sussex highlights on sussexcricket.tv and guess what? Dada shunno koreche.
Where did you get that score from?? He has scored 61 runs from 73 balls at the end of day 2!
Old June 16, 2005, 12:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Despite the drubbing, some targets have been achieved.

1. Score of 175+
2. A fifty from a BD batsman

Nonetheless the sad saga of humiliating losses doesn't seem to take a break. This one too ranks right up there somewhere.

I am struggling to find any comfort in the continuing lack of fight displayed by the BD lambs.