facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 15, 2005, 10:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

I think bd team management is showing faith to Aftab bowling 10 overs........otherwise they cant select this team......if they were thinking of trying Tushar........then he should have been tested in practice matches..........if aftab fails......then sure disastar......with ash's lolipop's ..... i cant even think..........

Old June 15, 2005, 10:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

how does one possibly miss someone's batting when the person in question bats at number 6 or 7 even in the club side with not so strong batting line up ?

siure, Rana is unlucky to be left out but but he would not have batted in the top order....

if we find ourselves at 5/40 or 50, we will have those comments je" rana thakle ei hoto oi hoto... hoyto ashalei hoto..and that would have been loosing cause.. and then someone would make a point that he scored more runs than the top order... (likesomeone said that Chacha was the top scorer in the last match we played in england....)

having said this i am dissapointed t5oo, i prefer Rana to mahmud.. but can't see how in the world we will miss his batting..

it was a 50/50 decision.. chacha will be in pressure to perform.. and that is good.
Old June 15, 2005, 11:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

So Chacha beat Rana! Tough one!
Old June 15, 2005, 11:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

rana will get his chance...sabr is the key...be patient rana and his fans.

i hope this isn't the batting order...i dont want ashraful at 3...thats aftabs spot. bashar should be 5, and ash at 4. that leaves tushar at 6
Old June 15, 2005, 11:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by feisal
how does one possibly miss someone's batting when the person in question bats at number 6 or 7 even in the club side with not so strong batting line up ?

siure, Rana is unlucky to be left out but but he would not have batted in the top order....

if we find ourselves at 5/40 or 50, we will have those comments je" rana thakle ei hoto oi hoto... hoyto ashalei hoto..and that would have been loosing cause.. and then someone would make a point that he scored more runs than the top order... (likesomeone said that Chacha was the top scorer in the last match we played in england....)

having said this i am dissapointed t5oo, i prefer Rana to mahmud.. but can't see how in the world we will miss his batting..

it was a 50/50 decision.. chacha will be in pressure to perform.. and that is good.
I agree with your point feisal.........we will miss him as a bowler......should not miss as a batsmen with 6 top spesialist playing.
Old June 15, 2005, 11:07 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by feisal

You are right. There is no "one impact" player in bd who could turn the boat around and certainly he does not come in the shape of Rana. And I think Sujon is a surprise package and he could really surprise us. It could go either way.
Old June 15, 2005, 11:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

there u go, Tokai..i did not read your post before..

u came up with the one that i just mentioned..coming up with the average.. which does not say how much of those runs were scored in a loosing cause or no cause at all...
Old June 15, 2005, 11:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

feisal..exactly my point. Rana fans have this silly notion that he is the magic man with the bat and can bat at top of the order. Though I like his grit with the bat, he is not a top 6 batsman material. As I have mentioned before that he must consider himslef unlucky, and a bit disspointing, to be ousted by Chacha.
Old June 15, 2005, 11:16 AM
Cricket Legend

The team is quite OK.............only one difference with my team................i would have played Rana insetead of Tushar Imran.......
dont misunderstand me........not because i think he is better than tushar in batting........i am much more worried about 5th bowling spot......as Rana is also capable enough to contribute with bat.......so Rana in place of Tushar for me.......
Ekhon to ar esob bole labh nai.........team has decided......Hope and Pray these 11 rocks
Old June 15, 2005, 11:27 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by yaseer
The team is quite OK.............only one difference with my team................i would have played Rana insetead of Tushar Imran.......
dont misunderstand me........not because i think he is better than tushar in batting........i am much more worried about 5th bowling spot......as Rana is also capable enough to contribute with bat.......so Rana in place of Tushar for me.......
Ekhon to ar esob bole labh nai.........team has decided......Hope and Pray these 11 rocks
Yaseer! Man! we gonna stink in bowling no matter what. I just hope Mash or Sujon is lucky enough to stay in for 4-5 overs in a row. I mean hope they dont get hit so badly that it looks ridiculuous.
Old June 15, 2005, 11:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

Rana was the Man of the Series against Zim. Wasn't he? It doesn't sound right to leave someone out who was the best performer in the last series.
I think he will be included in ODI2 and on.
Old June 15, 2005, 11:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Rana should have been included.
Old June 15, 2005, 12:14 PM
Cricket Sage

I was hoping for Rana's inclusion, but expecting this team though (from the selector). So no surprise for me, just little disapointment.

Hopefully Rana will get his chance in next ODI.

In the mean lets forget our little disappointment and rally behind the team.

If every thing goes right, we may get a respectable result.

1. Gullu: show your usual grit and continue to score 40+ runs.

2. Nafis: Show us some old flashes.

3. Aftab: Please first settle down. Then the sky will be the limit.

4. Ash: Its time to show your merit. Just calm down play your natural game. You can do it.

5. Bashar: I liked your play in the last warm-up match. You are the leader of this team. Play like a leader and lead by example.

6. Tushar: Show the world, what you are capable of. Show them that your slection is well deserved.

7. Pilot: You are the Pilot of this team. As usual show your merit in time of crisis

8. ChaCha: ChaCha moder Poran bacha. This will be your last opportunity to shut down all chacha bashers and retire like a hero.

9. Rafique: You are one of our trump card. We need quick runs and contained bowling from you. Team depends on you to break critical partnership in critical time. Don't disappoint us.

10. Mashrafee: We need very good first spell bowling from you. Couple of quick wickets can change the whole game. In terms of batting, I hope you get your form back. Show the world you are not a sissy and can handle the FBs handily

11. Nazmul: Good Line and Length and controlled swing will do magic for you. Just contain the runs. Wicket will come in bunches.

Edited on, June 15, 2005, 5:20 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old June 15, 2005, 12:21 PM
First Class Cricketer

Nafees needs to prove him self tomorro, cos he is running out of chances. If Iqbal fails, and Rajin aint exactly on song and neither is Nafees Shahriar I say play Rafique or Rana as opener ? I think we will miss Rana's bowling he is more of a wicket taker than Rafique.
Old June 15, 2005, 12:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

After a total disaster in the 1st ODI, selectors will include Rana against Aussies. Rana will then put all them to shame by showing again that he is more reliable than our most talented batsmen and can outperform most of the bowlers.

At the end of the series Rana's batting and bowling avg both will be among top 3. I am willing to bet any amount.
Old June 15, 2005, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

We are going to miss Rana too much both in bowling and batting. Rana was very economical bowler during last practice match where Mahmud was not. Rana with Rafiq could have a wonderful combination against English batting. I think we shall come to that combination but after having some dreadful treatment from England team.
Old June 15, 2005, 12:31 PM
Cricket Legend

This is ridiculous that some people get kicked out of the team for the most important reason of all: performance! It like no matter how bad Kapali, Rajin, Ashraful does, there is a place reserved for them, always. Rana won 2 MOM in the last 2 ODI, and after so many great performances in the practice, national league mathces he still does not get a slot.

Rana should have inclued ahead of Nafees, Mahmud, Ashraful etc. I know some people to start shouting at me, but Ashraful will be nothing more than an April Fool at the end of the day.
Old June 15, 2005, 12:33 PM
Cricket Legend

I have given up on Whatmore or whoever selected this team. Rana will be missed and he will prove it soon enough.
Old June 15, 2005, 12:33 PM
Test Cricketer

At this stage simple fact of the matter is that Rafique is not producing. We should be looking for a different spin option. The only one that is remaining (after sending home Junior) is Rana. We should have him on the team. This bunch of selectors simply does not have the guts to take the right decision. Dropping Rafique would have been controversial. But that is what the situation calls for.
Old June 15, 2005, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

I like Chacha a lot.
But I think it would have been better for us to include Rana in first XI for the 1st ODI. We have 5 more ODI to try Chacha later. But i guess it will happen in the reverse way. Chacha will get the chance first and then it will be Rana's turn. But if somehow Chacha manages to get 3 wickets...it will be a great selection dilemma between Rana and Chacha. But anyhow, Rana deserves his chance and it must be at the cost of Chacha. Again, I think we should have selected Rana for the 1st ODI considering the success of the spinners in the recent matches in England
Old June 15, 2005, 01:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

I'm loosing faith in the selection team based on the rana issue. how much proof u need to see that he is the most consistant performance and a key player? instead, they will go for the "talented" lost causes and will never learn. i'm surprised to see they did not learn a single thing from the test series and again going with 4 pacers in the squad (mashrafe, nazmul, sujon, aftab). leaving out the only allrounder who could possibly make a difference. nothing will ever go thru the thick head of the selectors group. I'm feeling like getting a "parek" and make some whole's in their head so the ideas get a way to get in their head. i think if it was not for the fans and media, the selectors would have ended up with the following team:

1. Hannan Sarkar
2. Shahrier Hossain
3. Alok Kapali
4. Tushar Imran
5. Ehsanul Haque
6. Selim (wk)
7. Mushfiqur Rahman
8. Shahadat Hossain
9. Khaled Mahmud
10. Anwar Hossain Munir
11. Hasibul Hossain
Old June 15, 2005, 01:15 PM
Banned

What the heck...the result will be more or less the same....as it happened in the tests....guys (banglacricket fans), you are the best..
Old June 15, 2005, 01:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Tokai
I think if it was not for the fans and media, the selectors would have ended up with the following team:

1. Hannan Sarkar
2. Shahrier Hossain
3. Alok Kapali
4. Tushar Imran
5. Ehsanul Haque
6. Selim (wk)
7. Mushfiqur Rahman
8. Shahadat Hossain
9. Khaled Mahmud
10. Anwar Hossain Munir
11. Hasibul Hossain
Hey...for some reason if we face any player-board crisis like Zimbabwe and National Team players go on strike---this team might be the solution for us. I think even with these 11 player, we might do better than Zimbabwe did.
Old June 15, 2005, 01:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

First of all, I will have to disagree with excluding Tushar from the squad, he scored a brisk 40 odd runs in the 1st one day warm-up match. (Even hit 2 sixes)!
Secondly, as I mentioned earlier, i don't call Sujon and Aftab "pacers"- they are like Chrish Harris and Salim Malik- not knowing what they're going to bowl (Jodi Laigga Jaay system)
But lets see what this team produces becoz no team is annouced so early before a game starts! Anything can happen between now and game day!
Old June 15, 2005, 01:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

if sujon and aftab are not pacers what are they? aftab the best batsman of the team at this moment. so, his bowling is a plus. how about chacha. he forgot how to hold the bat. and if he does not bowl, what the heck is he doing in england?